Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Broken hearted Man ❯ Broken hearted man ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own DBZ or any of its characters
Broken Hearted Man
It was a dark and cold night out in West City. The stars were out in their full glory, but everyone with any sense was inside ear a fire, staying warm, but on a bench in the local park man was leaning forward looked at the ground not worried a bit about what the cold. He was wearing a yellow suit that he had been given by one of his friends. He looked anything but happy. Then again anyone that was going to be in his spot would naturally be anything but happy. He was Yamcha, an star baseball player, and former world martial arts quarterfinalist. Even with these accomplishments, he felt his life had no meaning and to him his world was over. Just because just a little bit earlier he had been told something from someone that he loved, that he never once in his life had expected to ever hear. As Yamcha looked at the ground he ran his right hand through his hair, and began to think, and wonder. Where had it all gone wrong, why had things gone this way for him. He remember back to where he thought it really began to go down hill.
Flastback-
Yamcha was sitting eating lunch with his girlfriend Bulma, when he heard a loud noise, a explosion or something from the front yard of capsule corps. Yamcha made his way quickly out to see just what had caused it. When he saw the wreckage of the Gravity room on the front yard, and he was amazed to see that Vegeta was at the center mess. When he first heard the explosion, he figured it would just be one of Dr. Briefs failed experiments.
Bulma looked extremely worried about the situation that was before her. Not just that someone was hurt and possibly dead, but that it was Vegeta. At that moment she began to understand the odd feelings that she was having around the saiyan warrior, she begin to wonder if she was in love with him. A second later she turned to Yamcha who was standing in shock at the sight and yelled, “Yamcha, get down there and help him, “
This snapped Yamcha out of his shock and turned to see his girl crying nearby. He moved quickly to find a barely concusses Vegeta in the mess of what was once the Gravity room that he spent all of his time in.
“Come on Vegeta, I don't want Bulma to kill me for your dying,” Yamcha said as he grabbed Vegeta pulling him from the wreck.
“Hey weakling, kill me now, because if you don't I will make sure that I end up with that woman, got me,” Vegeta said in a weak but serious tone.
“No, I won't that wouldn't be right, I have no need for revenge on you, that would be wrong,” Yamcha said to Vegeta before he passed out.
Yamcha carried Vegeta directly to Capsule Corp's hospital were he was treated for his wounds. During the time he was in the hospital, Bulma would spend every waking moment till he was fine with Vegeta.
End of flashback
“Well, I should of seen this coming,” Yamcha whispered to himselfas he rubbed the back of his neck feeling very much the fool, “I am really a fool, I could of ended things a lot better then who they ended up.”
-Flashback-
Over the months that followed the crash of the Gravity room, Vegeta would spend his time either in space training or in the gravity room training, but when ever Yamcha was with Bulma he could tell she was no there with him on the date, but somewhere else in spirit with Vegeta. This annoyed him a bit, but he figure he had figured if he worked hard enough that things would work out, but everything he seem to do backfired, and worked against him. He sent Bulma flowers, but somehow they got miss markedwith the wrong name, and Bulma accused Yamcha of cheating on her. It would get worse and worse over time, to the point were he stopped asking Bulma out as much, and would tend to stay away from capsule corps in general, but he still felt that every work out in time, that they had too.He just knew they had to be right for each other.
Then that night came, Yamcha had decided it had been a while, and asked Bulma out to eat, which he was surprised when she accepted. The two of them went to a small restaurant that they had been going to for along time; they both consider the place to be their special place. The meal was well quite, with neither Yamcha nor Bulma saying much, things just did seem right to Yamcha, just totally off. After they ate Yamchadecided to take Bulma to a shop to be kind and to buy her something. When they Bulma entered, Yamcha stood out the door deep in though wonderingwhat he had done wrong so far, and what he should do to fix things up. He was brought out of it by a faint scream thatsound like it was coming from a woman. At this point, Yamcha reflexes took control, and he sprinted down to where the noise came from. It turned out to be anally, where two large men gangster types where cornering a young petite blonde haired woman.
“Hey woman, no just give us you money, and we won't kill you,” one of thugssaid pulling a long knife.
“Hey leave her alone got, it,” Yamcha saidin a confident tone.
“Oh if it isn't the hero, that was a big mistake, now you both die starting with you,” the lead thug said charge Yamcha with the knife followed by the other thug.
Yamcha disarmed the thugs so quicklyit scared the heck out of both men, and they both quickly ran away off in fear of Yamcha. Yamcha let them go, figuring it would be more important to see if the victim was ok. So he turned to see if the woman was alright. When he did the woman had moved closer to him, andshe gave him a huge hug.
“Thank you so, I owe you my life, I can't believe men like you still exist on the planet,” she said sill hugging himas she was crying into his shirt.
“Yamcha where are you,” he heard as he turned his head to see Bulma standing nearby very upset.
“You cheater, I can't believe that I trusted you, you are nothing but a no good cheater, I never want to see you ever again, were over got it mister,” Bulma said running off before Yamcha could say anything.
Yamcha went the next morning to Capsule Corps hoping to explain what had happened, when he walked into the living room he found Bulma sitting on Vegeta's lap, both oddly enough with smiles.
Bulma turned and looked at Yamcha and smirked, “Well Yamcha, guess what you cheater, I am having a kid, aren't you happy.”
“What, um how, when where,” Yamcha said in a confuseddaze.
“Well um it is mine, weakling, not yours,” Vegeta said with a victorious smile.
“Well, what do you think of the news, Yamcha aren't you going to say anything like um good luck,” Bulma said eyeing Yamcha.
Yamcha just walked out of the roomin shock and to the park where he hadsitting ponder just what had taken place, and how he lost his love.
End of Flashback-
“Hey Yamcha, you know you shouldn't be out here,” A voice said bring Yamcha out of his trance.
Yamcha turned to see his best friend Krillin,and asked politely, “Um what are you doing here?
“Well um I heard that you broke up with Bulma,” Krillin said, “Well I figured you would be out here, I just wanted to make sure my old friend is holding up alright.”
“Well I have been better, I am about to go off and fight a battle I know I will die in, and I find out the only constant in my life is gone, it is hard,” Yamcha said looking out to the horizon.
“Well we will find a way to win, trust me, but it won't help if you die out here of a cold, now go home, I know Puar is worried sick about you,” Krillin said, “Well, I guess things don't work out how we plan them do they?”
“I guess your right, I just don't know if I will ever quite get over this,” Yamcha said standing up.
“Maybe you won't but it is said that time does heal wounds, maybe that is what you need my friend,” Krillin said smiling at his friend, hoping that things would work out for him, knowing that he had earned that right several times over with the heroics he pulled.
“Thanks, man, I will see you later,” Yamcha said walking away, wonder what the future would hold for him.