Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Lies, Shattering Truths ❯ Truths ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I might not own DBZ, but I do own Tsuka…I think I’ll settle for that.   A/N: Sorry for ignoring this fic for THREE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!  I apologize but at the time, my interests shifted to different genres and different animes altogether.  But the muses are bugging me to finish things and as much as I’d like to strangle them sometimes, they are correct. I can’t leave things unfinished so close to the end of the story!   A/N 2: Geesh…my writing style has sort of shifted over the years but I’m going to try to write this like the other chapters.  And sorry…it is quite short.   “You didn’t have to be that brutal with him, Kissaki,” Suki admonished.   “He is weak,” Vegeta responded seemingly ignoring the fact that he was called by his birth name.  “I didn’t even power up to hit him so you should be thankful for that.”   The grey haired human shook her head wistfully.  “You sound so much like your father, he must have really been proud of you.  I can tell he did well raising you to be his heir.”   “He did not raise me,” Vegeta replied coldly.  “I spent most of my time under the ‘care’ of Freiza and his minions.  I’ve been purging planets since I was a boy.”   “Is that how you ended up here?”   Vegeta just looked at his mother briefly before turning away.   He hard gaze caught sight of Gohan slowly sparring with Tsuka.  His supposed twin smiled slightly as they fought even though one could obviously see that he hurt from being slammed into the tree earlier.  He truly did look like Vegeta and seemingly enjoyed to fight like a true Saiyan.  The human woman’s story may have been, was probably true.  That would make him a half-breed scum to his people.  Vegeta smirked though, even if he was only half-Saiyan, he had also achieved the legendary level of Super Saiyan.   His mother touched his arm to get his attention again.  “Exactly how strong have you become?  Your father always dreamed that his children would exceed him in power but was worried that because your Saiyan blood was diluted that you and your brother would be weak.”   “Tsuka is the only one that is weak. I am a Super Saiyan.”   “Truly?” Suki’s blue eyes peered into Vegeta’s imploringly.  She had always wished that her sons would achieve greatness.  She had been saddened at Tsuka’s reluctance to train as a Saiyan once Retasu had died.  The boy only knew what it was like to be human and understood early on that for some reason he was different and his early training was something that had made him moreso.   The prince stepped back from his mother and brought his full power forth.  His dark hair bled to gold and his eyes shifted to a haunting shade of turquoise.  Power just radiated off of his body causing the people gathered there to turn and watch him.  Suki gasp and put a hand to her mouth.  Tears ran down her cheeks as she marveled at her lost love’s dream came true.  She felt proud enough of their son for both herself and the King.    “Vegeta!”  Gohan yelled as he powered up and dove between the Prince and Suki.  “Stop!”   “Out of my way brat!”  The prince growled at the young demi-Saiyan.   “I won’t let you hurt her!”   “The woman wanted to know how powerful I had become,” Vegeta sneered at the youth.  “And besides, it is dishonorable to hurt one’s mother.”

  ~**~~**~~**~   Month s Later…   Bulma walked out of Suki’s farm house carrying a large bowl of pasta salad to place on the picnic tables next to the other picnic fixings.  She walked out just in time to hear a balloon popping and two youngsters giggling.  “Boys, don’t pop the balloons, they’re for the party!”   “Goten started it,” her young son said pointing to the other boy. “We…he wanted to see if he could blast one!”   “Nuh-uh!!! You popped the first one Trunks!!!”  The youngest Son defended himself.   “Brats, move!” Vegeta growled and the two boys ran off in the direction of the barn.   “Thanks,” Bulma replied as she moved bowls around on the table to make more room.  “I’ve always wanted to give you a birthday party but you always said that you didn’t have one!”   “Saiyans do not celebrate their birth. They spend their time commemorating better achievements than being born. Even the weakest of the Saiyans can survive birth.”   “Yes, but Mom insists on celebrating birthdays, so suck it up,” Tsuka muttered behind his hand so Suki couldn’t hear him.  “Now at least I don’t have to be the only one tortured with childish celebrations.”   “Tsuka, dear, what happened to your party hat?” His mother asked as she handed the barbeque duties over to Gohan who had been listening intently to her previous instructions on how not to burn the meat.     “Right here,” the younger of the twins replied as he lifted his hand that held the paper cone hat.    “Put it on, it’s your birthday!”  The woman advised.  “Kissaki, you still need one, don’t you.  I put them on the table somewhere.”   “I think I just saw Trunks and Goten using the elastic stings on them for sling shots,” Gohan interjected.  “I don’t think any of them are salvageable.”   “Pity, they were rather cute,” Suki said as she busied herself with putting candles on the two cakes that she had baked earlier that day.  “Bulma, when did you tell the rest of your friends to get here?”   “They’ll fly in shortly,” the blue-haired human replied with a snicker.  “They said they wouldn’t miss the chance to torment his royal highness over there on his birthday.”   “Woman, you didn’t…”   “Oh hush, Kissaki,” Suki interrupted.  “It wouldn’t be a proper party if you didn’t have friends and family here.”   “And besides Vegeta,” Gohan continued.  “Piccolo said that he’d spar with you today.”   “Who’s that?” Tsuka asked still being unfamiliar with many of the people from his brother’s life.    Gohan laughed, “You remember our discussion about little green aliens not being so little…”   THE END!!! FINALLY!!