Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Lies, Shattering Truths ❯ Fight ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I might not own DBZ, but I do own Tsuka…I think I'll settle for that.

A/N: I apologize for not posting anything on this fic for well over a month! I have been busy but there is no excuse that I can post other fics and various poems before working on this one. I hope you all forgive me!

Tsuka remained in front of the window. There was so much he had tried to forget so he would fit in. He dismissed his flying and ki abilities as childhood fantasies and dreams of his youth. Things that were more fiction than the reality of the world he lived in - things that would have been a beacon to his dissimilarity that before now he could not explain. He remembered going to school and having to hide from the rest of his classmates when he ate because he could not explain his need for many more calories than the other children. He also remembered when he begged his mother to cut his hair so the other kids would quit making fun of how it stood straight up from his head. No matter what he had tried as a child, he could not get his dark locks to look like the normal kids. Looking at his twin brother and the other who claimed to be half-Saiyan, he could see that his efforts were futile. It was a trait that he could not escape.

"Hey, baka, outside, now," the voice sounded eerily like an echo of his own voice to Tsuka. It was like hearing his own voice that was somehow made emotionless and cold coming to him from somewhere outside his body. He turned to face the other man who was now standing right behind him. He watched silently as he proceeded to exit the house with the confidence that spoke of one who never knew defeat.

He knew what was coming, his newfound brother wanted to fight him. He looked back to his mother who was rising from her seat on the couch and she gave him a look that spoke of the confidence she held in him. A quick glance to Bulma revealed that she looked very worried. It almost seemed as if she was afraid for him, like his brother was going to really hurt him.

Tsuka made his way outside to meet the other man. He had mixed emotions about fighting again. He knew that he was stronger than a normal human but he was not really a human now was he. He had no idea how strong a Saiyan was or even how much his brother had trained. From the way Vegeta moved and carried himself, he seemed like he was born to fight and win. A slightly sardonic thought crossed Tsuka's mind in that if his twin was born to fight then so was he. He just hoped that Retasu's training in his early years was not lost over time.

"Vegeta, you are not going to fight in your good clothes!" Bulma's voice rang out from the farmstead's doorway. "It's bad enough that you ruin all your training suits from ki blasts during your usual work outs but I just got that outfit for you."
"Woman, quiet!" The princely Saiyan growled. He eyed the other demi-Saiyan "This won't take very long. I probably won't even get any dirt on them but I may get some of his blood on my new shirt"

He proceeded to slip off his gray button down and hand it to his young son. "Don't get that dirty, brat, or your mother will have my head."
Tsuka stood there watching the exchange. It seemed that his brother did do a good deal of training. So, in other words, the Earth-raised half-Saiyan was screwed. He figured that he was about to get himself beat to a pulp the doppelganger in front of him. Even though he knew he had no chance, he decided that he was not going to back out. He was going to try his best so at least he would not embarrass himself.

He dropped into a fighting stance and waited for Vegeta to do the same. After a few moments of just standing there, he was starting to worry about why the other man was not doing anything.

"Are we going to do this or what?" He asked. He almost wanted to shiver as the other smirked coldly at him.

"I was going to let you start it all off. I want to see how bad you really are."

"If that's how you want it," the insults finally taking their toll on Tsuka's long-lost Saiyan pride as he sprung into action. He lunged forward with as much strength and speed as he could muster towards his brother. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as his fists hit home against the Prince's body. When nothing happened, the shorthaired man began a flurry of kicks and punches. Nothing seemed to do any good against the smirking man before him. After another round of attempts, Tsuka dropped back panting for air.

"You're… like… a… brick… wall," the man gasped. He had never expected that his strength would have had such a little effect on someone.

"You're technique is definitely Saiyan and at least it is decent," Vegeta said narrowing his eyes. "But you are weak."

With that said, the Saiyan prince punched his brother once in the chest sending him flying into a nearby tree. The tree shook and bushels of apples fell from its branches and landed on the now unconscious man's head. Vegeta nonchalantly walked over to his son and reclaimed his shirt. Putting it on, he turned to the women watching and glared.

"You were right, he was trained by a Saiyan but he is weaker than a third-class." The Prince of All Saiyans walked off without another word.

Gohan ran over to the fallen fighter. He sat the man up and started to look him over for any serious injuries. Upon finding none, he tried to bring Tsuka back to consciousness. When the man finally started to return to life, he groaned in pain. The prince had done a number on the man's body and pride.

"You ok there, Tsuka, sir?" The teenager asked.

"What do you think? I just got punched into a tree!" The man replied angrily. He lifted a hand to his chest and winced. A bruise was already starting to form there.

"At least you didn't go through the tree or that mountain over there," quirked the little boy standing beside Gohan. Trunks also snickered at the glare he was receiving from both the half-Saiyans. "I hit Goten so hard once that he broke through a tree when he ran into it."

"So that's what happened to mom's favorite tree," Gohan said forgetting the injured man for a moment. "I think I'll have to inform her about what you two did."

The pale haired quarter Saiyan winced visibly. "Don't tell her! We'll get in trouble! We weren't even supposed to be fighting in the yard!"

"Wait a minute, do you mean that the toddler there can really hit someone through a tree?" Tsuka asked with his eyes about as wide as saucers.

"Well, yeah, he is part Saiyan and Vegeta is training him," Gohan responded.

"Yeah, Dad says that he's going to make me stronger than you Gohan and he is going to train so he is stronger than Kakarot. He doesn't like being weaker than third-class bakas!"
"I heard that Trunks!" his mother yelled. "Come over here right now and leave poor Tsuka and Gohan alone."

As the child complied with his mother's wishes, Gohan looked back at the newly found demi-Saiyan. He smiled weakly at the man, very much feeling empathy for his situation. It seemed like only a short time ago that he had found out that his father was an alien and that he himself was not as human as he thought he was. Of course, he had been about Trunks' age at the time and did not fully understand the implications that it would bring. He did now understand how hard it was to be different than everyone else on the planet. He could almost smile now because he realized that he was no longer that alone in being alien in his own world.

"Are you ok?"

"You already asked me that, kid," Tsuka said getting a confused look on his face.

"No, I meant are you ok with everything that has happened today. I know it can be a lot to handle…"

The man lowered his eyes for a moment, making his internal struggling apparent to the boy. "Not really. It's a lot to take in. I mean, yesterday I didn't even know that there were such things as aliens. I thought they would be those green men you hear about on television and not someone that looks just like me - well that is me."

"I'll have to introduce you to Piccolo and Dende sometime if you really want to meet green aliens," Gohan said trying to lighten the mood a bit unsuccessfully. "But yeah, finding out that your father was an alien is a pretty big deal. But at least it probably explains some things for you like your appetite, your inhuman strength, and your hair. Which no offense, I find it rather amusing myself. I always wondered what Vegeta would look like without all that hair. At least you, Vegeta, Goten, and my dad's hair spike out in a general form. Mine just goes everywhere when it's longer."

"You know, it's a little ironic," Tsuka chuckled weakly. "Until today, no one has ever made a positive comment about my hair."

The two sank into a conversation involving the perks and downfalls of being only half human. Tsuka found that he had developed quite a rapport with the youth despite the age difference. The man relayed various stories of how his "differences" from other humans had led to trouble when he was a child while Gohan nodded in understanding. The teenager even jokingly explained his reaction at their first meeting when the man had been working on Bulma's hover car.

A/N: I feel like I am cutting this short but there really is only going to be a chapter or two before this is completely finished. Sorry! I'll be sad when this is over; this has been one of my favorite ideas I ever played with. If anyone would like me to, I can type up the reasons why I think Vegeta being half-human is very much possible. But I won't do that until I finish the fic.