Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Lies, Shattering Truths ❯ Reflection ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.

A/N: Thanks goes to SMDSP for listening to me after the first plot bunny attacked and then to Renegade Phoenix for hearing me out and reading it first. (She also came up with the title and a character name!) THANK YOU GIRLS VERY MUCH AND IF EITHER OF YOU GIVE AWAY THE SPOILER I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND PELT YOU WITH GOURDS!!

Warning: This fic takes a whole new twist to Vegeta. Some people might not like what will happen but this is just fiction. I give my permission to flame once IT has happened. Actually, I'll welcome the criticism. I have proof to back my idea up but let's not go there until we have to. Well before I give everything away, why don't you start reading the actual story and find everything out for yourself…

Vegeta leaned against a tree as he watched his four-year-old son play with Kakarott's youngest brat. The boys were playing in a pile of colorful autumn leaves. He watched as the wind blew more leaves off of the trees. It blew past the boys and he watched as silken locks blew into his son's pale eyes. The other demi-saiyan did not have that same problem. His hair stood stiffly as a true Saiyan's should, not as the forbidden half-breed he was.

There's something else Kakarott beat me at. His two half-breed sons look exactly like full-blooded Saiyans. My son looks completely human. At least Trunks is as tall as the other brat. Maybe the boy will be as tall as my father was.

What would my father say if he knew I tainted the Royal blood with the blood of a human? I'd be a disgrace on Vegeta-sei. They'd kill the boy and his mother. And then castrate me for creating such an abomination. But it doesn't matter now. My planet is gone; I am the last. The rule was ancient anyways, from when Saiyans first took to space. Even before that actually, Saiyans and Tuffles couldn't breed together. Then on other planets, the children who survived until birth, however few were deformed, sterile, and weak. We didn't know about Humans. If we had known that half-Human Saiyans could be as strong as or stronger than a full-blooded Saiyan, we would have conquered this mud-ball a long time ago.

Two screaming boys tore him from his thoughts. He looked down at them to see what the commotion was about and shook his head at what he saw. The boys were backing away form a flaming pile of leaves. He yelled at them to back up farther as he put out the small fire.

"Who did what, brats?" he growled angrily.

"It was Goten's fault!" his son spat out quickly.

"But you started it," the younger boy argued.

"I'm not the idiot who couldn't control my ki enough to form a ball," Trunks countered.

"Enough! Quit talking, it was both of your faults, you're both in trouble. Now go inside, play time is over," Vegeta said sharply without raising his voice much. He watched as the boys quickly ran to the house. He would have laughed at their fear of his anger if he were not so depressed. He just shook his head and turned towards the gravity chamber.

Once inside, he stood for a moment making up his mind. Then hesitantly, he walked over to where he had discovered a loose panel in the wall years ago. He removed the panel and retrieved an object he had hidden behind it. Once he replaced the panel, he walked to the center of the room to sit on the floor. He looked at the small metal box for a minute before opening it.

The Prince gazed inside at the contents. On top was the Royal Medallion of Vegeta, broken in half. He only had one half of it; his father had given it to him saying that the other half was lost during a mission. He held what was left of his royal heritage for a moment and then set it aside. At the bottom of the box was an old piece of parchment. He unfolded it gently and looked at it. The language was almost as foreign to him now as it was when he had first received it from his father as a small boy. Although now it reminded him slightly of the written language of Earth, the letters looked similar but jumbled. Maybe someone can read this on Earth…