Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Lies, Shattering Truths ❯ Gift from Father ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.

A/N: Pinaca is the Spanish word for spinach.

Vegeta looked at the unknown language again. Staring at it as if it would magically change into Saiya-go or something he could understand. It was no use; the letters never changed. They were still as much of a mystery as they were when his father wrote them. He remembered that day vividly because it also was the last day he had seen his father.

~Flash Back~

The tiny prince walked into his father's study; it was one of the few places on the planet that held numerous books. It was held tradition that the kings of Vegeta-sei were not only strong fighters but highly educated as well. A planet is not ruled by brute force alone.

The child bowed deeply to the king, "You called for me, Father?" His voice and countenance were that of an innocent, of one yet untouched by the cruelties of life in space.

King Vegeta looked up from his desk. He smiled fondly at the boy, "Yes, I need to speak with you before you leave. Come over here."

The boy smiled and walked around the desk. He was then lifted up and gently set down on top of the desk. He looked down at what his father had been working on. The marks on the page looked like gibberish to him. "What's that?" he asked.

"I'll tell you in a minute but first I have a present for you," the king said to the boy. He then pulled out a necklace that had been tucked beneath his armor. He took it off and looked at it solemnly for a moment before handing it to his son.

Little Vegeta looked at it for a moment. There was a medallion attached to the simple chain necklace, actually there was half a medallion. Assuming that it was only one-half of a whole, it was the right side of a disk. The backside was smooth but the front had the insignia of the Royal House of Vegeta-sei engraved on it. The straight edge, only a little over an inch long, seemed as if someone or something had cut it from its other half.

"Father, what is this?"

"It's half the medallion my great-great-grandfather had made for his son. It has been passed down from father to son since then, and now I am giving it to you."

"Where's the other half? What happened to it?"

"It was cut apart and separated while I was on a mission far away from here. I could only keep this part for you," the king explained with regret touching his voice. "I need you to promise me that you will keep it with you while you are away with Freiza."

"I promise father," the young prince slipped the then too large chain over his head and tucked the medallion under his armor. "Now will you please tell me what that is?" he inquired pointing to the paper once again.

"This," his father answered lifting up the sheet. "Is a letter to you. I know you can't read it yet but maybe one day you will be able to or will find someone who can. If things go well with Freiza, and you can come home, I will tell you what this says. That is when you are old enough to understand."

"Tell me now," the child begged his father using his best pouty face.

"No, this is grown-up stuff," the kind said sternly. He then scanned the letter again. "I will tell you one thing it says now if you promise to always do as it says."

"I will father," the boy affirmed nodding his small head.

"It says down towards the bottom, 'remember, you are my son. The King's first born son, the Prince of All Saiyans. Don't let anyone speak ill of you or say that you are any less than that. Be proud of yourself and your heritage for both are important and special'. Can you remember that, son?"

"Yes, I am the Prince of All Saiyans," the boy repeated proudly.

King Vegeta smiled sadly and folded the letter up before giving it to the boy. "Do not loose this. Keep it with you and keep it hidden. I doubt that Freiza or his men will be able to read it, but don't take any chances."

Little Vegeta slid the paper inside his armor. "Tell me again why I have to go?"

"Queen Pinaca feels that i6t will be an excellent training experience for you," he replied breaking eye contact with his son. "Frieza will train you personally so you must work hard and do your best. Don't pay attention to any insults or jokes directed towards you. Freiza's men are cruel. Just remember, because of your parentage, you are destined for something special. You may even be the next Super Saiyan."

"Really? Do you think I am?"

"Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, Kissaki," the father said placing a hand on th eboy's shoulder.

"Don't call me that anymore!" the little prince said while crossing his arms defiantly. "I am Vegeta, Prince of All Saiyans!"

"That you are my son, that you are," King Vegeta said chuckling. "But you will always be my 'Little Kissaki'."

Just then the Queen entered the room without knocking. "Are you finished saying good bye yet? You are going to be late, boy."

"Yes, mother," little Vegeta answered while jumping down from the desktop. "I was just finishing."

"Now come on. You don't want to keep Freiza waiting," she scolded.

"Good bye, Father," the boy said bowing.

"Good bye, my son," the king replied placing a hand on the boy's cheek and looking into his face one last time. "Remember what I told you."

"I will, father. Will I see you soon?"
King Vegeta looked up at his queen, "Hurry, Prince Vegeta, you don't want to be late and make a bad impression."