Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Lies, Shattering Truths ❯ Past Lies ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own it.

A/N: *ducks from all the projectiles being thrown at her* Geesh! What a response! I'm sorry that some people don't like what I did, but I'm not going to change it now. Anyways, I thought the idea of good fanfiction was to take the story where it's never been before…but hey, I'm just a writer.

Vegeta exited the house so upset that he could not even think. Normally, he would not have let the son of a third-class talk to him that way but he was so upset that he could not even see straight. Anger, pain, and betrayal were flowing through him stronger than he ever felt them before. But what he was feeling more than any thing was confusion. At that moment he did not know which way was up.

He did not know what to believe. That woman could not be telling the truth. If she were, that would make his entire existence a lie. He was the Prince of All Saiyans, which meant that he was the best, the most elite of the entire race. He knew it and everyone else knew it.

~ Flashback ~

A tiny form stood on the outside of a slightly ajar door on one of Freiza's bases on a long ago purged planet. Inside the room, two voice could be heard talking. One was an adult male's voice and the other was that of a youth. The little Prince strained his ears to hear what they were saying.

"You can't possibly believe that this," growled the older one.

"It makes sense, Nappa," the younger one argued. "I mean he wasn't born on Vegeta-sei, everyone knows that."
"Radditz, have you no respect? King Vegeta and the queen both verified the story. It's not like a king has never mated with his queen prior to the ceremony before. And, bebies have been born off world before, too, without being questioned."
"I know," Radditz sounded annoyed. "But never have both occurred at the same time. It's just suspicious."

"If we were still on Vegeta-sei, you'd be called a traitor for even thinking the Prince is anything but a Saiyan. The Queen, herself, would have blasted you for that. I don't even want to think what the King would have done."
"I don't exactly have to worry about that now, do I?" the youth said derisively.

"Just don't voice your opinion to anyone else. I don't want to hear it and I'm sure that the little Prince would kill you if he heard you say it. And if the Queen were alive, she'd have you tortured and then killed for you doubt."

"Nappa, you know as well as I do that Pinaca hated the boy. I've even heard from some of the others here that she sold the brat to Freiza behind the king's back. How many Saiyans would sell their only son?"

"Now, you've gone too far! I thought you were suggesting that our Queen had mated out of the species but you're saying that you don't think she is the Prince's mother!" Nappa's voice boiled with anger. "Do you actually think that King Vegeta would ever considered looking at a female that was not a Saiyan? You are insane!"

~End Flashback~

He had not thought of that in years. For the week following when he overheard the two other Saiyans, he had made sure to beat them quite hard in their sparring sessions. He believed what his parents had said was the truth; he also believed what Nappa had said. Now, he was not sure of that any more. He did not know whom to trust. Maybe Radditz was right in a strange way; the other warrior was not known for being smart but he also was not known for lying.

If it was true what was suspected years ago, then the woman could have been telling the truth. The prince could almost let himself believe that. He never felt any fondness towards Queen Pinaca. He had known for the most part that she had never felt anything but contempt towards him.

But if that were true…who the Hell was that man?!!