Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Changing of the Seasons ❯ Chapter 2: Risky Business ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*...Okay, do I need to write the disclaimer EVERY time? Well, I'm not going to! You can't make me!*

[A/N: Okay, just disown me now and say you hate me, and whatnot. School started a week ago, and I still haven't put out this chapter. -_-; I didn't mean to get caught behind!! FORGIVE ME! -sniffles- School sucks as usual, but it's my last year!! YAY!! Soon, I'll be able to keep from drowning in the homework in the AP classes and REALLY get down to finishing this story! -senses all of the sweatdrops in the audience- What?! I'm serious! >.o;]

Changing of the Seasons

~ Chapter Two ~

by Loaf of Pan

Getting ready to go halfway across the world is REALLY hard! I had some nerve-racking interviews with the school's counselors, a few tests to take so that they knew I could fluently speak English, and a ton of shopping to do. It seemed like the days were flying by so fast. Before you knew it, I'd be on a plane for 21 hours. And I still hadn't gotten anything done on my personal agenda. The only people who knew I was leaving were Bra, my parents, and my grandmother. It eventually got to the two week mark, and I had realized that I needed to get down to business.

First, I had to go talk to my uncle. He was really important to me, and I knew I'd probably miss him the most out of my family. I wasn't quite sure how he'd react, though.

"Hey Pan! What brings you way out here by yourself?" He asked as he opened the door, allowing me into his and Grandma's house as he spoke.

"Well, I really need to talk to you, Goten. It's really important."

His face twisted into a worried frown. "Is everything okay? Do I have to intentionally hurt someone?" he growled softly under his breath. I laughed and shook my head softly. It really is amusing when Uncle Goten gets mad.

"No, I'm okay. It's just I have some big news to tell you." He smiled and pulled me to the living room, sitting on the loveseat and motioning me to join him.

"All right, spill the beans, squirt." I nodded and took a deep breath. This was getting harder then I thought...

"I'm going to America, Goten. I'm going for the next four years. And I wanted to tell you first, before word really spread."

He looked thoughtful for a moment, and then donned his signature grin, pulling me into the tightest bear hug ever. "That's great, Pan! Wow, imagine that: My niece, the jet-setter. I'm really proud of you, you know?...I guess this means you're not so little anymore, Pan-chan."

I giggled and punched his arm lightly. "Well, Uncle Goten, I guess you'd better drop the "chan" then, if I'm so grown up!" He smirked and loosened his grip, placing my body right in front of him and staring right into my eyes.

"No matter where you are, or how old you are, you're always going to be my little Pan-chan, and don't you ever forget that."

Those were some of the wisest words Goten had ever spoken to me. To this day, whenever I feel sad, I remember that thought, and things become a little bit easier to cope with. No matter where we were, we always had that special bond, and it would simply burst whenever we saw each other after a long absence of each other's presence. We chatted a bit longer after that, talking about where I was going exactly, and when I would leave. Then, I decided I'd better get on with it all, and keep up with the announcements. I got up and Goten walked me to the door, kissing my forehead softly.

"Don't forget what I said, Pan-chan. No matter where you are." I nodded softly, and started to walk out the door, but whipped around quickly.

"Wait, you're going to see me off at the airport, right?" Goten smiled and ruffled the hair on my head. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." I grinned and took off outside the door, floating into the sky.

One down, the Briefs and Marron to go. I figured Marron and I grew up together, and she deserved to know as well. I flared my ki and sped off in the direction of Capsule Corp. I wasn't sure how I'd tell Vegeta, Bulma, and Trunks. They were like my second parents, and even though I was in love with Trunks and he was the main reason I was going, I had never gone that long without being in a 10-mile radius of the Corp., and I knew I'd miss it and its inhabitants terribly. I saw the building rapidly approaching into a close view, and I slowed down as I descended into the backyard softly and quietly. I could hear ki blasts being fired in the Gravity Room, and Bulma screaming at an incompetent employee over the phone. These were all normal, everyday occurrences in the Briefs' household, but this would be one of the last times they would be simple routine to me. I opened the sliding glass door and let myself in as usual, striding into the living room as I stopped dead in my tracks.

Trunks was sitting on the couch in only a pair of black sweatpants, eating chips as he watched cartoons. I had thought it was Friday, and figured I would avoid this type of moment because he would be working. But as I thought about it, I realized it was Saturday, and my plan was futile. He had turned around, probably realizing I was staring at him, dreading the next few hours.

"Oh, hey Pan! I haven't seen you around here in a few days."

I looked at him and sat down onto the loveseat across the room from him. "Maybe that's because you've spent all of your time with, what's her name, Bambi? Candy?" I muttered disdainfully, keeping a stoic persona around him.

"Pan, her name is Barbara, I told you that a billion times," he smirked.

"Well, Barbie was close, wasn't it?" I heard him sigh and turn off the TV. I could feel another Trunks Briefs, Amateur Psychologist episode coming on.

"You know, Pan, I don't understand why you've been acting this way with me lately. It's unhealthy to keep all of your emotions bottled up inside like that. And you know you can always talk to me about whatever's bothering you."

I almost glared at him I was so angry, not only with him for not letting me be, but to myself, to have let the anger build up against Trunks this far.

"Well, Trunks, I definitely wont be bothering you for much longer, you can count on that. Not that you care or anything." I stared at him again, watching his face turn into a scowl.

"You know you don't bother me at all, Pan, and I care...wait, what do you mean by that?"

I took a deep breath and looked him straight in the eye. "I'm leaving, Trunks. I'm going to America. You won't see my face for the next four years, so you're sure to be happy. No more lecturing me, no more having to chase me around, no more treating me like a five year old. You'll have ALL the time you want to go screw Bubbie!"

"Her name is BARBARA!"

"Who cares!! You won't have to look at me for all you care! And I'm sure that makes you REAL happy!" I felt myself on the verge of hyperventilation, a tear beginning to run down my cheek and I gasped a sob and took off up the stairs and running to the bathroom.

That didn't turn out so bad after all.

[YAY!!! I finished it!!! And I'm finally going to be able to post it up! I don't know how you guys put up with me, lol. I think I'm going to write the next chapter in Trunks' POV. Because I don't know about you guys, but I'm sure wondering what's going on through his mind right now! I'll have the next chapter out SOON. I PROMISE! If it's not out by like this Friday, e-mail me threats, saying I'm a bad fanfic writer for not keeping my promises! That should get it out there, lol. R/R and give me some feedback! Until the next chapter...~L.O.P-chan]