Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Circle of Hearts ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Circle of Hearts

This is a story I have positioned to where Vegeta is 21 years old, Krillin is 19, Goten is 16, Trunks is 17, and Gohan is 18. Even though the timeline doesn't go, this is my story right? ^_^ right, ok, so let's begin!

The season is Fall. This is going to be positioned after the Buu Saga but everyone is still alive and I'm going to make up my own enemy.

Summary:

Trunks, Goten, Vegeta, Krillin, and Gohan all have a problem and that problem involves love and betrayal, one can't live again to face another, another can hurt the other, one can remain cold, one can be slightly giving and the last can't decide between a breaking heart or one who fills it up. But we all ask, won't the same thing happen again and what with a new threat in the way, will it make anything any easier?

Chapter 1

Trunks sighed and poked at the cereal in his bowl with his spoon. Today would be his first day of his senior year, his last high school year before college and this morning hadn't turned out like he wanted it to.

He was unable to sleep all night, it wasn't nightmares that kept him awake like some had during the heat of summer, no, in this case, he was just plain restless. So he had gotten up at 5:00a.m. and it was now 5:30.

The kitchen was cold and dark, he hadn't bothered to turn on a light or even go to the thermostat to change the temperature.

It was like his legs were heavy as granite stone and he couldn't seem to budge anywhere…only poke at his cereal and think.

Goten would be coming over soon in his always happy and zealous mood, nothing really changed with him. He was just like his father.

He on the other hand, had a mix of his mom and dad that tore him apart when making decisions. He had gotten a lot wiser, but he was still always in a midst of confusion.

He left his head drop to hit the table and made a dull thud, causing the cereal to slosh around a bit in it's bowl. His eyes were half opened and fixed on the marble tabletop in front of him. What could he do? The only thing that seemed to help was beating his head on the table, trying to force his brain to work and clear his mind before he rattled it to death.

He let out an empty sigh and forced himself to stand and go to the sink, wash out his bowl, and head upstairs to take a quick shower.

6:20a.m.

"Hahahaha, yeah!!" Goten yelled out as he sat on the flying cloud his brother had given to him before heading off to college, this cloud was the flying Nimbus. He enjoyed the swift breeze that cooled his face from his morning training with his father. "Hmmmmm." He grinned, his eyes closed, but they popped open as he felt himself closing in on Trunk's power level. So he slowed Nimbus and started to go downhill toward the Capsule Corp.

6:25a.m.

Trunks looked to the clock and sighed, pulling on his purple Capsule Corp. jacket and heading downstairs, just in time to hear the doorbell ring. He grabbed his billfold off the table in the hall and headed to the door. Goten was ringing it like crazy now and as he suspected, his father let out an outraged yell. "Get your lazy ass to that door boy and tell Kakkorat's son that if he keeps ringing that doorbell like this morning I'll personally come out and beat his as-!!"

"Vegeta!! You're louder than anyone around here, now shut up and go back to sleep!!"

There were a few grunts of protest and then silence.

Yep..that was his mom and dad alright. He had reached the door by now and opened it to a smiling Goten. "Hey Goten." He said dully, but he had a half smirk on his face.

"Hey Trunks! We better get going!"

Trunks rolled his eyes when Goten took a moment to look at a bird and then they both flew off into the sky toward Orange Star High School, Goten riding Nimbus and Trunks just plain flying.

7:30a.m.

The warning bell rang and Trunks sat in his world geography class, he had this class with Goten and then his last class, Chemistry, with Goten also. So thank goodness he didn't have to spend the whole day, each and every day, having to listen to Goten blabbering next to him. Dang! Trunks rolled his eyes angrily. Goten was like a non-stop motor that didn't run out of gas until all the food was gone out of him, but that didn't stop him from whining.

Trunks tapped his pencil on the hardwood of his outstretched desk and looked to the isle which was next to his seat and then Goten sat on his other side.

Hyper, ADD, girls were running their mouths like humming birds to some local jocks that so happened to be in their classes. Their chit-chat was just boring stuff, like: What will we do tonight? ::wink wink:: My hair looks awful! And then the common jock reply: I don't know, you tell me babe? ::laugh like an idiot:: Nah, your hair looks great.

Trunks groaned. It surprised him how stupid these people could be, it seemed like him and the rest of the gang were the only non-air headed people on the planet…wait…set aside some on the gang…

Ah, but he didn't have any room to talk, so he switched his rude thoughts to just space and stared at the chalkboard, tapping his pencil and waiting for the in class bell to ring.

His eyes shifted over to Goten after a moment and saw that he was chatting to someone else for a change, guess he found out that he didn't like to hear his unimportant banter.

Trunks looked ahead of him and to the teacher as the in class bell rang, also called the tardy bell.

The teacher looked non too enthusiastic about having another year of teaching a wild bunch of hoodlums. A light brown color caught his sight in the corner of his eye and he looked over to the door where a girl stood. She had a slight frown to her lips and her eyes looked determined to survive the day. He studied her, she was looking around for a seat so he held his hand up and got her attention then motioned for her to come over here.

Her frown faded, but he face was still determined and she walked up the steps to him.

"Hi, I'm Trunks Brief." He pointed to the empty seat in front of him and she sat, turning to the side to look at him. "Thanks, I'm Ami Noin."

There was a slight yell from down the steps. "Hey sis!"

Ami looked down. "Ah, Max!" She said happily and got up, running down the steps to him.

They started to chat for a bit and then headed back up to their seats as the teacher yelled for them to sit and be quiet.

Once everyone was seated it was just another day of boring blab, as his Trunks' hand took notes every now and then involuntarily. He couldn't wait till school was over….

2:30p.m.

The annoying thrum of the last bell sounded and Trunks came briskly walked from the school to inhale a deep breath of clean outside air. Home was the next place he immediately wanted to head to, but he was stopped when someone called out his name. It was Ami.

She walked over to him, her brother was following behind and he could tell right there, that they were an inseparable brother and sister pair.

He put on a fake smile. "Hey Ami."

"Man, today was so boring, do the teachers always talk like that the whole year?" She asked, her face in a seriously irritated look.

Trunks blinks. "Yeah, they'll be like that for the first couple of weeks then they'll get a pep to their voices…but that's all."

"Oh." Ami said, slumping her shoulders a bit.

Her brother stood behind her silently and would look at him every now and then, look at him in a friendly way and then sometimes he would glare.

Once they got done talking and he was allowed to get his arse home, he walked off toward the forest that would enable him to fly off unseen.

Man, what was up with Ami's brother? Was he skitzo or something? He shook his head. Might as well not bother with what he can't understand or his head will explode. That made him smile, so he powered it up to super saiyan and zoomed for home, not bothering to wait up for Goten.

TBC….

Well how was that chapter, review so I can know and I'll get some more in soon. Thanks. Kooshy