Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Danger in the horizon ❯ Preparations and memories made ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 16 - Preparations and memories made

Note : I don't own DBZ

The silence that enveloped the small house in the woods was deafening. None of it's occupants knew what they should say. Goku glanced at Chi Chi, who was still in a state of shock at Kami's revelation. It was understandable that she was upset; after all, she had believed that he was just a normal man, a human like herself. Now she had to accept the fact that he was an alien and that made her wonderful little Gohan part alien. Wisely, Chi Chi had sent Gohan to bed. She would have to explain the whole sorry mess to him properly later.

Piccolo was the first to break the silence. "Well Goku, what are you going to do?"

Goku didn't reply straight away. Instead he continued to rest his head in his hands, rubbing his forehead in concentration.

Piccolo lost patience with him and jabbed him in the shoulder, causing Goku to shoot him an uncharacteristic angry glare. "What do you think, Piccolo? I'll do what I always do. Protect my family and this planet. What are you going to do?" He snapped.

Piccolo cleared his throat before answering, a grim look of determination on his face. "I will help protect this planet. It may not be where I originated from, but it is my home now. And I'll be damned if I let anyone destroy it, no matter how strong they may be." Then, as if in complete understanding of how Chi Chi was feeling, he stood up and made his way to the door, ready to leave. "I'll contact the others and then go to Kami's lookout. You both have things to discuss which don't require my input, so I will see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. Thanks Piccolo. First thing." Goku dully replied. Piccolo then took to the air, flying in the direction of Kami's lookout.

Goku turned his attention back to his obviously suffering wife. He got up and moved his chair closer to her and to his immense relief, this time she did not shy away from him. "Chi, I'm sorry" He started, "I never knew. I thought I was like everyone else on Earth. Well, except for Piccolo and Kami."

Chi Chi looked back at her husband with a small smile, eyes full of as yet unshed tears. That was her Goku, always trying to cheer her up with a lame joke when she was down. "What do you have to be sorry for? You didn't know. It's a huge shock to me but I will have to accept it. I also understand your desire to protect everyone, but it doesn't make me feel any better about the imminent threat. And we have Gohan to consider."

Goku leaned over to grasp Chi Chi's small hands between his own. "I will do my utmost to protect you and Gohan. I promise on my own life."

Chi Chi was beginning to feel a little better. After all, her husband was the hero of the world, strongest man alive. He could do anything he put his mind to. "I will explain everything to Gohan tomorrow after you leave, Goku." She replied softly. "He is to have nothing to do with this fight in any way. He is too young and if you ………..die, I want to have a least a small part of you with me always." The tears, which had been welled in her brown eyes started to overflow and fall steadily onto the table. "I don't want to lose you, Goku. You are my soul, my everything. And although I may not show it all the time, I love you with my entire being."

Goku was on the brink of tears himself. He enveloped Chi Chi in his arms and squeezed her as tight as he could without breaking her ribs. He felt the same way as she did. They were like two halves of a beating heart. If one were without the other, it would cease to beat.

"I won't die Chi, I refuse to. Besides, we do have the dragon balls at our disposal to bring me back, remember?" His face then became grim. "I don't know how long this will go on Chi, it could be months. I want you to take Gohan and go to your father's house in the mountains. It will be safer there."

"O, Okay. We will leave in the morning." She sobbed onto Goku's shoulder, soaking his gi, worried that she may never see him again.

Thinking that she may be better without him around, Goku picked Chi Chi up in his arms and slowly made his way to their bedroom, laying her gently on the bed and drawing the covers over her. As he prepared to leave and go back to the kitchen to leave his wife in peace, Chi Chi stopped him. "Goku, please stay and hold me. If this is to be our last night together, I want to make a wonderful memory with you that will stay with me until I die."

Goku smiled sheepishly back at his pretty wife, her long black hair now mussed and escaping from it normal neat bun. She is so beautiful. How can I leave her?

He strode back towards the bed, removing his gi as he went and slipped between the covers naked. "I thought you would never ask, Chi," he said as he slowly started trailing kisses down her body, removing her clothing as he did so. "This will be a wonderful memory for me also, but I promise you that I will be back to do it all over again with you. Every day and every night."

The morning came too soon for Chi Chi and Goku. He woke first, Chi Chi still in his arms, the sunlight bathing her in its golden glow. She looked like a fallen angel, her black hair spread out over the pillow; her curvaceous body nestled closely to his own muscular one. Slowly and regretfully, Goku removed his arms from around her and grabbed a towel, making his way to the bathroom for a shower. As much as he wanted to leave her scent on him when he left, he didn't think that anyone else at the lookout would appreciate the scent of his and Chi Chi's lovemaking assaulting their nostrils. Anyway, he would be back. He had promised her that much.

While he was in the shower, Chi Chi woke suddenly, fearfully looking around her for Goku. "Oh god. He hasn't left already has he? How could he let me sleep in?" she cried out plaintively. Her eyes alighted on the fresh gi she had laid out for him yesterday afternoon. She breathed a sigh of relief. He hadn't left yet after all.

After waking Gohan and preparing a large breakfast for them all, which they ate slowly, savouring their last moments together. Chi Chi then started the process of packing essential items and clothing for herself and Gohan for the time that they would be staying with her father, the Ox King. While she tried to accomplish this task, Gohan hung around her ankles, asking pitifully every five minutes "Why is Daddy leaving?"

Chi Chi looked to her husband for support, as she was growing increasingly short tempered with Gohan. "Goku, can you please explain what's happening to Gohan? I must get these things together before we go."

"Sure Chi," he answered good-naturedly. "Okay, little man," he said as he put Gohan on his knee. "A very bad man is going to come and try to hurt the people here on Earth. Now Mr Piccolo and I are going to stop them and get them to go away from here. So you need to stay with your Mom and Grandpa in the mountains until the bad man leaves, okay?" Goku hoped that Gohan understood. He barely understood why everything was happening himself and he was an adult.

"Sure Daddy. And I'll try to be good while you are gone, too. I love you Daddy" Gohan replied, squeezing his father in an affectionate hug. Goku ruffled Gohan's hair, sad that this may be the last time he would see him. With all the training he needed to undertake, he would not be able to visit them at all. "I love you too Gohan" he replied sadly.

Putting Gohan down on the floor, Goku called out for his wife. "Chi?"

"Yes, Goku?" she replied, arms full of clothing for the trip.

He walked towards her and removed the clothing from her grasp. "I have to go now. Make sure that you and Gohan go as soon as possible to your fathers, okay?" He looked into her eyes, which were brimming once again with tears.

Goku pulled her into his embrace holding her close and kissing her passionately, murmuring huskily to her. "I love you, Chi"

"I love you too Goku. Please come back soon."

Goku gave her one more kiss before stepping outside and flying in the direction of Kami's lookout, looking behind him to hold one more memory of her face before Chi Chi disappeared from sight.