Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dangerous Bond ❯ Bulma's Rescue ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dangerous Bond

Chapter Four: Bulma's rescue

by Blooddragon

Disclaimer: *sigh* alright, rub it in. I don't own DBZ. (breaks down into hysterical sobs) not much of a dragon, eh? *snif*

Bulma woke three hours later, around midnight. She opened her eyes slowly, as if waking from a dream. Then the pain hit and she groaned, leaning back into the gentle arms that held her. She screamed as the glass dug into her, then again as she realised her position, nearly 700 ft above the sleeping city.
She started to thrash wildy, not caring about the drop.

"Take me to the ground right NOW, hear me, Yamjerk?! GET LOST! I hate you! GO away!"

Instead the arms tightened closer around her, their owner growling slightly.

"Quit that right now!" He ordered, "Unless you want me to drop you right here!"

Bulma recognised that voice completely. But what was he doing out here, with her? They were flying over the city, quite slowly, considering. The pain in her back was getting worse.

"Vegeta?" She whispered weakly, "What're you doing? How'd you find me? Why'd you find me? And... oww..."

It was getting worse and worse, becoming an insistant throb of fire in Bulma's back. Holding her to him, Vegeta felt the changes. He could feel the heat coursing through the little onna's veins, a fever brought on by infection.
He tightened his grip even more and increased their speed, intent on getting his precious cargo home and treated A.S.A.P. Bulma felt the shift.

"Vegeta, what's wrong? Why're we going so fast..."

Dizziness set in on her again and she wrapped both arms around the Saiya-jin's neck in an attempt to make herself feel better. His slow and powerful heartbeat vibrated through her, bringing peace to her mind. She began to slip away again and was soon out cold.
As Bulma's arms slid from his neck Vegeta pushed himself to a much faster pace. No matter if she woke up and was scared by the speed, better that she got the needed treatment NOW. The street lights below became streaks of light to Vegeta's eyes as he zoned in his sight to the large white dome that was the home of the Breifs family.

They landed outside half a minute later and Vegeta stormed through the entrance, no regard to the door as it fell to the floor in a rended heap. He strode quickly up the stairs and sat Bulma backwards in a chair so that her front leant against the back. The prince had never heard of anesthetic so Bulma was very lucky to be unconcious as he began to remove the brown, green and clear glass from deep in her back with a gentle hand. Still, no manner of kindness would have stopped having huge lumps of glass pulled from your back hurting.
When he was done, the glass shards spread out on the desk, Vegeta removed Bulma's tight-fitting shirt, blushing slightly as he did so, and cleaned her wounds carefully. Bulma slowly came around in the middle of this, Vegeta's arm around her waist to hold her up as he used warm water to remove the worst of the dirt from her back cuts.The movement of his hand on her back made all of her muscles relax in content and the woman placed both of her perfect hands on the Saiya-jin's arm. Vegeta noticed her movement without much regard for it, much too busy stopping any worse infection from setting in.

When he was done the Saiya-jin no Ouji helped Bulma back to the chair where she sat, half in and out of over heated conciousness, as he got some bandages and disinfectant from the first aid cupboard. While he was gone Bulma felt a sudden blast of weakness overcome her and she sank against the chair, trembling uncontrolably. She was alone, and she was scared.
When Vegeta returned he found his charge hanging off the chair, her face frighteningly pale. The prince was swiftly at her side, bandaging her back wounds and pulling his own warm shirt over her head. Bulma sniffed and shivered.

"Why're you doing this, Vegeta?" She inquired between chattering teeth, "And why am I so cold?"

He didn't answer her first question, lifting her from the chair and placing her safely in her king sized bed.

"Your wounds are infected." He explained, "Your body temperature will drop and heighten until the infection has passed."

"So I'll be cold and hot off and on all night?" She asked.

He nodded, turning to leave.

"Vegeta?" She called cautiously from her bed.

He stopped, "Yes?"

"It's like a refrigerator in here (she made very certain not to say 'freezer', afraid of the consequences), can you help me warm up?"

The warrior raised a dark eyebrow at her, "What're you suggesting?" He growled.

"Stay with me?"

"No."

"Please? I swear, I think I'm getting frostbite... What if I die over night, eh? What'll you think then?"

"Nothing. Onna, the only reason I helped you back there was because you're the one who makes me my training equipment. That's it. I'm done helping you now."

Bulma shook her head defiantly. "Uh uh, Geta. You helped me because you wanted to, I could tell when you were cleaning my back. So don't give me any of this 'I don't give a damn' crap."

"I'll give you what I want, onna! Not, what you tell me to!"

"Aw, but just one night? I really am freezing..."

Vegeta scowled at her but let himself give in. "Only once, got that, onna? Even if you're feeling even worse tomorrow than you are today, I'm not helping you anymore."

She smiled as he slipped in beside her and snuggled up against his currently bare chest. "Thanx, Geta." He grunted in reply and she laughed at him. "That tickles!"

The prince closed his eyes, the edges of his mouth twitching upwards slightly. A short while later the slow deep breathing of the onna signaled her sleep. He could leave her right now, she'd hardly know better, but something stopped him.
As Vegeta drifted off himself Bulma opened one eye a slit. She smiled, knowing what he could and hadn't done. As horrible and evil he was at times, Vegeta meant something to her. He did have another side, she just had to bring it out... Reaching out with one goosebumped arm she draped it over his waist and pulled herself close to his warm chest. Very slowly, Bulma slipped into sleep.