Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dangerous Bond ❯ Webwars ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dangerous Bond

Chapter Six: Webwars

by Dayrin Blooddragon

Disclaimer: *through clenched teeth* I DON'T OWN DBZ!!!!! GOT IT, YOU IGNORANT MASSES!! (No offence meant, heh heh)

Bulma tied back her hair and brushed creases from her knee-length blue office skirt. Work, again. Horray. Hey, as if it mattered. She only went in when there was a big meeting and her father was off somewhere. Mostly she just worked at home, like the good little daughter of the CEO.
Pulling the matching dress jacket over her shoulders Bulma left her room and walked outside, pulling her Hoi Poi capsule box from her pocket and selecting number 10, her favourite turbo charged XJR (yes, I do know that an XJR is the souped up version of an XJ8. Bulma's just got a souped up souped up XJ8, okay?). Hopping in she closed the door behind her and took off, leaving the smell of burning rubber behind her as she raced down the street.
After a five minute (should've taken ten...) drive, Bulma stopped outside the tallest building in the city and recapsulated her vehicle.

'Right, one super boring meeting with a bunch of balding wastes of space, fifteen mintue break, more super boring meeting with bunch of balding (perhaps even balder than last time) wastes of space and then FREEDOM!!'

Satisfied that it wasn't quite as bad as she often thought it to be, Bulma entered the building and took the lift to the 104th floor, ignoring the way her stomach leapt to her head as they accended. She wondered vaguely if Vegeta and the others ever felt like that when they flew.

'Wait, 'Vegeta and the others'? Putting him first now, are we? I thought it was normally 'Goku and the others'?'

She smiled to herself as the lift drew nearer and nearer to its destination. He'd been so nice to her yesterday. Sure, he'd tried to hide it to start with, but he had relaxed. Not a single nasty thing said! AND he'd spoken almost freely with her, AND he'd helped her fight that nasty fever, AND he'd actually been worried afterwards, AND he'd said thank you for his meal!

'Woah! Slow down, Bulma chick! Next thing you know you'll be thinking...'

'That I'm falling for him.'

'Oh no, please, that's not right. He's an evil bastard, even if he did help me out. There's no reason...'

'I'm still falling for him. What if he gets to be like that all the time? Isn't my wish to find someone I can just sit with without the urge to speak always on me?'

'I'm going to get myself in some major trouble for this...'

The lift chimed its arrival at floor 104 and the doors slid soundlessly open. Slinging her breifcase over her shoulder Bulma entered the office, her office, and sat down at her desk. Pressing a button with her foot the daughter of the CEO activated her computer and sat back in her huge voluminous black leather typist's chair, her head cushioned comfortably by the soft head rest.
The computer clicked and whirred as it started up, exercising all its functions as it loaded and showed Bulma the desktop. Reaching out she clicked a few buttons and displayed her e-mail, hoping to receive some sort of news from her father about the latest shipment he was checking out.

Nope, nothing. But she did have new mail... Unthinkingly she opened the mail, then realised who the sender was. She sighed, 'At least read what he has to say...'


to: Breifsbabe101@hotmail.com

from: ladysman87@hotmail.com

hey babe, it's me, yamcha. i was wondering if you'd like to go to town tonight, sort things out, you know? i'm real sorry about last time, it was a big mistake and i kinda blew up after you hit me. melanie's just a friend and she thinks you are too but i've told her otherwidse now so that explains any mistakes, ok? well, hope you can come,

your man,

yamcha


Bulma narrowed her eyes. Oh, the little prick! He deserved what she gave him the night before last. Now, what to rub in the fact that he had just lost her...


to: ladysman87@hotmail.com

from: Breifsbabe101@hotmail.com

so, yamjerk. you want me back, huh? well, here's news to you. i nearly died thanx to you, motherfucking bastard!! if it weren't for geta finding me and carrying me home i would've done! he said it was enough to kill a god damned saiya-jin, puss head. hear that?! A SAIYA-JIN. but i survived, no thanx to you. and i gotta say one thing, geta is a much better guy than you. he gave up an entire day and night to save my arse so here's something to you: get a life!! if you want a girlfriend find some slut/whore, i'm sure she'll give you what you always try to fight off me!

fuck off yamjerk,

MISS. Bulma Breifs, DAUGHTER OF THE CEO and friend of the PRINCE OF ALL SAIYA-JIN.

get stuffed or go to hell, it make no difference to me.


SEND

Bulma sat back in her seat, pleased with her work. She hoped Yamcha got the wrong impression of what had happened between she and Vegeta. After all, his slimey little brain was more than perverted enough to...

!!MESSAGE RECEIVED!!

She sighed, 'Lemme guess, mister man's sitting over there tryin' to win back my heart, eh? Well, let's see about that...'


to: Breifsbabe101@hotmail.com

from: ladysman87@hotmail.com

i'm sorry you feel that way, babe. i still love you, and i'll prove it to you. what happened was a complete misunderstanding and if you nearly died... god babe, i'd die with you. why didn't you tell me? and what's this about vegeta being such the gentleman?

your man,

yamcha


"Call that an apology letter, bozo?" Bulma asked the computer monitor, "Well, I see nothing that makes me want to come back into your slimey little arms. As for Vegeta... hee hee, how can I make this look worse to Yamcha than it really is?"


to: ladysman87@hotmail.com

from: Breifsbabe101@hotmail.com

you'd die with me? huh, what'd you do, try to slit your throat? i don't think you've got enough guts to do that, somehow. why didn't i tell you? come on, yamjerk! you did it to me! am i stupid or something? answer: NO!! i don't contact the person who almost killed me, thanx! as for geta... *sigh* man, he's good. he found me in an alley bleeding and infecting to death, carries me home in his arms, treats my wounds, gives me his shirt for warmth when it turns out i've got this temperature changing thingy and then i manage to get him to stay the night with me. ^_^ and then he stays with me all day when this thing gets even worse and when i was better i made food and we sat for a while and ate and it was cool... so, you see, i don't need you, jamjerk.

superbabe (NOT belonging to JERKS like you!!)


SEND

Bulma sat back, happy with her e-mail once again. He couldn't posibly keep trying, could he?!

!!MESSAGE RECEIVED!!

"Damn you, Yamjerk! Can't you take a hint?!"


to: Breifsbabe101@hotmail.com

from: ladysman87@hotmail.com

i'm real sorry i wasn't there to help you babe. you know that if i knew i would've helped you way better than that monkey freak. but, just to prove to you that i still love you, i'm gonna get you a big surprise, ok? your man,

yamcha


Bulma rolled her eyes, 'Oh, good idea, a surprise. Doesn't he understand that surprises are supposed to be secret? Stupid man.'

A buzzer on her desk rang and flashed green, indicating that the meeting was due to start and she was needed. Doing a last minute looks check up Bulma flicked her hair, brushed her clothes with her hands and set off to four hours of worthless torture...

Electricity ricocheted across the walls, the blue lightening bolts flicking and burning deep scorch marks into the metal. In the centre of the machine stood Vegeta, summoning every drop of ki he could find in his body. The gravity was set to 500x that of Chikyuusei, higher than he'd ever had it before. He was ready to drop. But if he did that he'd never get stronger!

'Damn it! Why can't I get the damned power? I have it, I know I do! Why won't it come out?!'

Blue power surged around him, the edges of the flames of his ki wide enough to lick the walls of the GR. Still not good enough! He pushed himself even further. The power mointor on the wall exploded outwards, showering Vegeta with broken glass. He ignored it and continued to try to over power himself.
A shard of glass, falling faster due to higher gravity, shot downwards and imbedded itself in a fuel tanker. Dark liquid seeped out across the floor unnoticed by Vegeta, currently way too busy with his training. After hitting a plateau in his power the prince gave up on over powering himself and stopped, letting his ki fall away.

'I have to go higher!'

Activating four drones Vegeta launched himself into a ki wave exercise, the 500x gravity oppting to crush him like a bug. The barrage of blue and yellow blasts started up again, the drones bouncing back every blast. One bent in half on impact, falling to the floor and smoking grey streams of grey smoke. Vegeta ignored it.
And then it happened, sparks shot from the mutilated drone and hit the pool of petrol. Biiiiig explosion. Vegeta was slammed against the far wall by the raging flames. He was unhurt, but the GR looked like a small nuclear bomb had exploded inside it.

"ONNA!!!" Vegeta yelled as he left the ship. "Where the Hell are you?! That useless machine's failed again. Fix it immediately!"

No reply. Vegeta was beginning to get seriously ticked off. 'Damn woman. Wait, didn't she say something about some stupid meeting?'

He groaned, yes, she had. Meaning either he had to wait an entire day for repairs, or he could go and get her. He smirked as he stepped into the shower. She wasn't going to be pleased, that was for sure.