Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dangerous Bond ❯ The Fall ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dangerous Bond

Chapter Seven: The Fall

by SilverstarBlooddragon

Disclaimer: I can't say it anymore... Just look to the other chapters for guidance... And DON'T SUE ME!! I don't get paid! Anything! Wah!

After the first four useless hours of the Meeting From Hell, Bulma went up onto the roof, her aqua hair glinting in the sunshine. Pulling out a BLT sandwich she bit into it, savouring the taste. She leant forward onto the railing, relaxing as she ate and watched the city work, 250 floors below her. Her mind was at peace as she stood there, watching the city and chewing contentedly.
She was so far away that Bulma didn't even hear the sound of feet as Yamcha landed behind her. Reaching out the Z warrior wrapped an arm around her, about to pull her to him. Bulma panicked.

"Shit! AhhAA!" She screamed as, in her struggles, she toppled forward and over the rail.

Yamcha just stared. 'What the Hell? How'd that... Oh SHIT!!'

He ran to the edge of the building and stared down in horror. Bulma had allready fallen 70 floors by this time. Yamcha drew back just as a much higher ki landed behind him.

"Where's the woman, scumbag?" Vegeta demanded.

Yamcha stared at him, eyes distant. Very slowly he pointed over the edge.

"WHAT?!" Vegeta gripped the rail hard as his Saiya-jin eyesight made out the body of Bulma, falling quickly toward the ground.

Yamcha saw the look in the prince's eyes. He's not gonna...

The ground shot up at a horrendous rate and Bulma felt her heart leap into her mouth. Was she gonna... Die?

"YAMCHAAA!!!" She screamed as hard as she could, his name the first thing to come into her head.

But her unofficaly ex-boyfriend, standing at the top of the building, knew better. There was no way he reach her in time and, even if he did, they, or at least he, would surely perish before he could pull up.
Vegeta, however, had other ideas. The man that was this woman's mate had done nothing to even try and save her. The Saiya-jin Prince was disgusted. This human didn't deserve what Bulma always gave him! But still, Vegeta wasn't stupid. Even though, he could hardly just stand about until she went shape of the pear, could he?

Bulma saw a figure leap off the top of the towering grey structure. She felt hope rise up inside her as he went straight for her. But, looking back to the way she was falling (mostly DOWN) brought reality slamming into her face. There was no way on Kami's green Chikyuusei that Yamcha could fly fast enough to catch her now, and she knew it. Still facing the cement that was to be her death site, Bulma Briefs closed her eyes and wished for it to happen quickly...
Vegeta pushed himself to his maximum speed, black hair blown flat against his neck and back. The Saiya-jin Prince had never flown this fast, not once in his entire hard life.

'Why am I doing this?' He wondered, 'She's just a human, barely worth my attention! At this speed, she may well get my life...'

Bulma opened her eyes again, unable to keep them shut any longer. What she saw forced a terrified cry from her lips.

'On no, not now, not here. I'm too young...'

The grey flagstones of the pavement were but a few feet away. Just when she was about to scream again for one last time Bulma felt someone's arms around her waist.

'But... HOW? Did Yamcha get speed lessons?' The confused human wondered.

And suddenly she knew: This wasn't Yamcha, wasn't the ex-boyfriend that was meant to save her life. Vegeta spun them around in the air, breaking hard. But not hard enough. His back ground into the street with a sickening crunch as he put his body between Bulma and death, throwing his ki upward to slow her almost completely...

Bulma felt herself over before standing shakily on two feet. Amazingly, she was unhurt, apart from a few darkening bruises. A large crowd began to gather around her, the broken sidewalk and a very unconscious Vegeta. She stared at him, then tottered unsurely over.

"V-ve-Vegeta?" She stuttered and then the mists of shock cleared just enough to let her brain see reality. "VEGETA!!!!"

She knelt beside the Saiya-jin Prince, who's blood was already discolouring the pavement around him in a spreading puddle.

"Oh my Kami!!" She screamed, "Someone call 999! Someone, anyone... RIGHT NOW!"

A flustered looking woman pulled out a tiny mobile phone from her pocket, dialling quickly and giving the people on the other end instructions.
Yamcha landed by Bulma, who was currently resisting the urge to take Vegeta into her lap and rock him like a little child. She'd heard somewhere that you shouldn't move a fallen person... The Capsule Corp. heiress' beau wrapped his arms tightly around her, pulling her slender body close to his.

"Hey babe, that was close. You nearly gave me a heart attack then!"

Bulma pulled herself away and slapped him with all her might across the face.

"I wish I had! You stupid, stupid bastard! YOU were my bloody boyfriend! YOU were the one who was supposed to launch himself down after me and save my skin. As it really happened, YOU scared me so much that I fell off the fuckin' tallest building in the whole damn country and then just stand there and watch! If it weren't for Vegeta turning up I'D BE DEAD!!"

Yamcha raised his hands in surrender.

"Look, I'm sorry babe. But everyone makes mistakes. I'll make it up to you, really, I will. Just you and me..."

Bulma raised her leg and, with all the force she could muster, nailed him a kick where it hurts most.

"I am NOT your babe and the last thing I want is to be alone with you. And here's what I meant to say the other day: you're dumped, Yamjerk..."