Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Delicious Irony ❯ Delicious Irony ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Delicious Irony

Author: Rena "Sama" / 'the light'
Contact: soaringshadow@yahoo.com
Date Written: 12-19-02

Rated: PG-15
Warnings: Yaoi, citrus, lil angst. Enjoy ^^
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Just using the characters for my own amusement. So don't sue!

===

The sun begins to set, as our fierce, daylong spar draws to and end. It's no longer the battle of life and death, nor the age-old rivalry between us. Now it's two people, two saiyajins, two friends, coming together, partaking in our violent dance three times a week. My son once asked why it is I enjoy the fight so much. And why only Kakarotto share that pleasure.

I don't merely 'enjoy' it. I love it. I'm enthralled with it.

I wipe the blood from my mouth, and the salty, sweat from my brow. Even that simple movement of my arm is tiring. There's a pleasant lethargy in all my muscles and limbs. My whole body nearly sings from the exertion. A feeling I only get when fighting with him. Kakarotto and I...neither of us speak. He only nods as if to say: 'good spar today Bejiita.' Oddly enough, coming from him, that means a lot.

No. I don't enjoy it. I live for it.

A moment later, both our stomachs growl in unison, breaking the calming silence after our long, boisterous battle.

| A saiyajin cannot live on the fight alone |

Kakarotto is the first to speak. Though reluctantly, and even shyly.

"Anoo, Bejiita, instead of fishing, or just going home, why don't ... can I eat at your house? I promise I won't 'eat you out of house and home' like Chichi always says. I haven't seen Buruma, Trunks, and company in a while. So, is that all right?" he asks surprisingly timidly. It's quite a change compared to the roaring, masterful, force of nature he is on the battlefield.

But that's the mystery of Kakarotto. A terror one minute and an angel the next.

| Angel? |

I'm surprised at my enthusiasm at his request. But I think nothing of it.

"Whatever. It makes no difference to me."

===

When we arrive at Capsule Corp, Bunni, Buruma's perpetually smiling mother, putters around the kitchen, putting used dishes in the sink. She turns and flashes us her brightest smile yet. "Ooh! You boys should have come a bit earlier! Everyone's already finished eating!" she says with a squeak.

Our stomachs churn, and growl in dismay.

"Is there anything left?" Kakarotto asks hopefully.

"Yea, of course! I'll heat you guys up a few plates. Don't worry!"

Not long after, Bunni sets down several plates of piping hot macaroni and cheese, ham, chicken, peas, carrots, and stuffing. A fairly odd combination of leftovers. But to our famished stomachs, it matters not. In a flash what seemed like a bountiful feast, was reduced to nothing more than crumbs, and empty plates, carelessly placed about the large table. Kakarotto lifts one plate to his mouth, and licks the gravy from it until it's clean. I find myself watching for some reason.

"Greedy thing. If you keep doing that maybe Bunni won't even have to wash the dishes," I say in jest.

"Mm hmph!" he says. His tongue still running over the white dinnerware. My eyes still watching its every move.

"Done already?" Bunni squeaks in after Kakarotto cleans his fifth plate. "Ooh boy! I have just the thing for you!!" She all but skips to the refrigerator. She pulls out a three-layer cake. Chocolate cake, with thick, chocolate frosting. Topped off with red and green Mike-Ikes TM. My absolute favorite. I have a monstrous sweet tooth.

"Aaah!!" Kakarotto's eyes widen as he leers at my cake, licking his lips. Bunni sets it down on the table, and I immediately pull it towards myself. Out of Kakarotto's reach, giving him a challenging glare. He returns it with a childish pout.

"Be nice Bejiita!!" Bunni chides, waving a finger at me like a mother scolding some child. I make a face, but push the cake back to the center of the table.

"Good," the smiling woman says as she turns to leave. "My programs are on. Be a dear and put the dishes in the sink when you're done ok?" she says over her shoulder on her way to the living room.

I hardly even hear her, as I'm already cutting a huge chunk out of the cake, and hefting it to my plate. I take one bite. The decadent sweetness hits my pallet, igniting my taste buds. They practically dance in my mouth. I take a deep breath, and sigh. Good as ever. But something isn't quite right.

"I simply cannot enjoy this properly with out a glass of milk," I state suddenly and get up to fetch one. "Get me one too Jiita!" Kakarotto says, waving his frosting covered fork in the air. I pour two tall glasses, and turn to bring them back to the table. But I drop them on the floor. They shatter. The creamy liquid splashes over the deep orange tiles. But I don't notice, too focused on the scene in front of me.

The cake, is gone.

My slice, is gone.

All that remains is the small chunk of cake on my fork, and Kakarotto licking frosting off his hand, attempting to look innocent. I give him a heinous glare. One that tells him that my vengeance will be swift and terrible.

"You're gonna pay for that Kakarotto."

His eyes widen in panic. "I..I'm sorry! It was so good! I couldn't help it!! I'm really sor...URK!" I close the distance between us in an instant, and ram a fist into his stomach, cutting him off, and forcing the air from his lungs.

"Give it BACK!!" I yell, somehow hoping he will return my cake, and knowing he can't at the same time.

"Be NICE Bejiita!" Bunni yells from a few rooms away, after hearing my screams. I ignore her.

I throw a flurry of punches and kicks. He ducks and weaves, avoiding some, but not all blows. He catches my fists eventually.

"Is it really that big a deal!?"

"Yes!" I yell as I knee him in the stomach, and wrestle him down to the floor. While wringing his fool neck, I wonder if I'm as angry about that cake as I appear to be.

"Bastard! Give it back," I say one last time, straddling him in an effort to keep him pinned and demand retribution for my lost cake. He just looks back up at me sorrowfully, sporting a knot on his head where I hit him. After trying to pry my hands from around his throat, he holds up his fingers. Nearly black frosting on the tips of several of them. The last remnants of my oral fixation.

I don't even register my own action as I lean over and take his chocolate covered fingers into my waiting mouth. I suck them hard, occasionally scraping the skin with my teeth, not wanting to miss even a scrap of cocoa. I release the first hand and reach for the second, repeating the gesture, and sucking audibly. Running my tongue over his sweet digits, hungrily. The body pinned under me trembles faintly.

| Why? |

I open my eyes, realizing what I'm doing. But I do not stop.

Kakarotto's eyes are huge and round, and getting larger by the second. I hold his gaze as I suck his fingers slowly. Moving my head and lips up and down over them. Crimson paints his cheeks, and he starts to pant. I let his fingers slip from my mouth, and go in search of other traces of my lost, chocolate treat.

| Why am I doing this? |

"The cake tasted pretty good...didn't it?"

He nods mutely.

"I bet it was fluffy and moist. The frosting was thick and creamy ne? The candy, I bet it was tangy and sweet, especially when it hits the back of your throat.. nee?" I say in a low voice, still pinning him down with my own weight.

I lean in close. Closer than necessary.

"I love that cake. It's one of the few foods I can say I really enjoy."

"Let me taste some of it too..." I say even softer than before, eyeing the frosting on his mouth. Licking my lips, I lean down to capture his.

I hear his rapidly pounding heart thump double time as our mouths meet. The memory of a three layered, chocolate cake hits my taste buds, as I push my tongue into his hot mouth. Somehow, unfazed by the fact that this is his mouth. Another man no less. As if it didn't matter at all.

"Unn.."

He pushes his tongue against mine, closing his eyes. What taste he could be searching for I do not know. He wraps his arms around my waist, and pulls me to him. Somehow eager to let me sample the pastry I love so much.

| That must be it... |

I feel him take a deep breath, and sigh into my mouth, and the steady throb of something warm, and hard against my stomach. I suck his tongue as I did his fingers. He mews into my mouth, and begins to tremble.

| Is the cake that good? Or... |

He runs his fingers through my hair, and crushes his mouth to mine.

I feel myself shaking as well.

| Why? |

That... throbbing I felt before. It's... me, and him. Both our erections burning against one another through our tattered clothes.

| Why..how can that be? Why am I reacting this way? Just what was in that cake? Is the cake even to blame at all? |

I feel a strange shudder race up my spine, as Kakarotto runs his hands up and down my back.

| Why would he do that? |

The taste of the cake has long since faded. But I can't bring myself to pull away, much less to break our kiss.

'Our kiss?'

I'm kissing him. I'm straddling him. I'm moaning! He's panting under me, and rubbing our lengths together.

And I like it. A lot. Why?

Why am I doing this with him of all people? Or at all for that matter. Why can't I stop myself? Why does his body pressed against mine feel so good? So natural? Why did I pounce on him? Just because he ate my cake? Is that really it?

I break the kiss finally. But something in me screams for me not to stop touching him. To have him touch me. To hold him, and never let him go. But why?

I try to calm the swirling chaos of my thoughts, and the heat between my legs.

I fail miserably.

I lick my kiss-swollen lips. "I wonder where else you taste good..." I say as I point to his lips again. "Here?" His eyes widen. I run my finger down to his chest. "Here?" I trail it down to his navel. "Or here?" I ask , pulling at his shirt so I can see it.

| Why does he let me do this? |

I venture further still, and he holds his breath. "Or maybe here?" I say as I squeeze his fleshy, hardness through his pants.

"Ah! Un.nnnn...!" he moans loudly. Both of us started by my actions. I stroke him firmly, and evenly. Watching him shudder. His dark eyes rolling to the back of his head.

"Be...jii...ii..ta."

That one breathy, groan sent my last inhibition packing. I untie the sash around his waist, and pull his pants down. The red on his cheeks deepens, and he trembles violently.

| Why...am I doing this? Why does he look so eager, yet so sad? |

Just before I get to see what I plan to taste, Kakarotto stops my hands. Panting, he sits up. "We can't do this... Not here. Not now." I look around us. We're on the kitchen floor. Milk, and broken glass around us, and Bunni only a few rooms away. But my self-control is shot. For some reason, I move around him to steal another kiss. But he twists away.

===

"You know I can't" I whisper.

| Even though I just did. If I hadn't stopped him... I can't believe I almost cheated on my wife... |

I look back at him and thoughts of Chichi instantly fade from my mind. His heated gaze nearly burning my skin. I feel my stomach flutter, and I quickly look away. Afraid I'll be held by his gaze forever. Captured by those dark eyes I always find myself wanting to drown in. Just like he's captured my heart.

And he doesn't even know it. What a cruel joke.

He never noticed what's been growing between us. Or why we're no longer rivals, but friends. Or why we could be so much more.

| How can he be so blind? |

I realized me feelings for him long ago. But I hid them. Or so I thought. Whenever I would spar with or speak of Bejiita, Buruma always gave me a knowing stare. As if to say she's knows all about my 'little secret.' She may know, but Bejiita was so unaware.

I feel tears begin to sting my eyes. I move away, putting some distance between me, and the object of my un-returned affection.

I pull my pants back up and fix my clothes. A million thoughts running through my head at once.

God why did I do that!? Why did I let him?

| You know why |

What good would come if it? I'm married! Why couldn't I just go on and pretend like everything was fine? Like I, like nothing had changed? Like I didn't want him?

| You know why!! |

Why did he...? I thought he felt nothing for me!

I should be ecstatic that he returns even a fraction of what I feel for him. But that's just not enough. It's probably just lust to him. Will he ever realize that there's more to affection that that?

"I have to go," I say too quickly as I fix the rest of my clothes.

"Kakarotto..." is all he says. Probably not sure what else to say. Neither am I. Now...I'm not sure I can ever even face him again. He intrigues me, he arouses me, he infuriates me, all at the same time. He brags so much about being the smarter of the two of us. But how can he have failed to grasp such a simple fact time and time again?

I'm in love with him. I want him. I need him. I always want to be near him. I even miss him when I sleep. I feel like I've felt this way for so long.

Maybe one day he'll wake up. Maybe one day he'll realize that.

===

"Kakarotto..?"

He does not answer. Too many different emotions flickering across his face for me to decipher his mood. My own thoughts are too jumbled to figure out what just happened. And why.

I walk around him once again. Then, I just look at him. At the face I know so well. Maybe even better than my own. Even behind his stoic expression, I can see something else, hidden in his inky depths. Then I reach an epiphany. I was taken a back by what I saw. Why didn't I see it before!? Or why I reacted the way I did to his touch. Why I touch him at all, or seek contact so often. Why I spar with him, and no one else. Why my heart beats oddly when he is near. Why I pinned him to the floor, straddled him, and stuck my tongue down his throat. Why I was suddenly so compelled to...to...

Chasing a taste of chocolate cake indeed.

All this time, my body and, heart have been trying, in vain, to tell me something my mind has yet to grasp. I've spent so much time trying to both of them tune them out, I've forgotten how to listen. But now that I've rediscovered their voices, and learned what they had to teach me, it may be too late.

My eyes widen with my discovery, and sadness returns to his.

He holds the gaze for only a moment. But I'd already seen all I needed to see. He puts two fingers to his forehead, and he's gone in a flash.

He's gone. I could track him down easily. But what good would that do? He's been here right under my nose the whole time. Hoping and pleading one day I'd notice something. Anything. How could it have taken me so long to realize my feelings for him? Or better yet his for me.

How many times. How many missed opportunities. How often did I just slip right through his fingers, or he through mine?

I think of everyone, Buruma knew most of all. When we separated those years ago, her reasoning was that 'she just wasn't the right person for me.' And that neither of us could give each other what was needed. She wasn't very hopeful of finding that 'someone' who could. But she didn't think I would have the same problem. I didn't understand what she meant then.

Only now do I comprehend.

| I'm sorry... Kakarotto |

What a fool I am.

What a cruel joke this is.

What irony that it all began with a damn piece of cake.

===

I spend the next few minutes all but hating myself. I shuffle back and forth in the kitchen, trying to clean up the mess I've made. After a while, Bunni walks in and notices the lack of a certain spiky haired saiyajin in the room.

"Where's Gokuu san? Wasn't he visiting?"

"He has something he needed to do."

| Get away from me... |

"Oh" she says, a little disappointed at his hasty departure.

"Well you see him a lot more than me.."

| Probably more than anyone I think |

"How is he?"

I pause at that. Rolling my answer around in my head, and licking my lips as if tasting the words.

"He's... delicious.."

FIN
(sequel?)

===

Notes:

*Sniff* This is probably the only fic I've written where they DON'T get together in the end. And for once, Bejiita is the totally clueless one, and everyone else seems to know but him. A bit of a twist I think. The fic itself changed so much. It started out rather thoughtful, then comical, then sexual, then angsty and thought provoking. But then somewhere along the line, all my fics are like that.

I actually used a number of metaphors, and imagery, and suggestive language in this fic too. Yea me! EX: Bejiita spilling his 'milk' all over the orange, floor titles.

So whatcha think? Feedback?

Delicious Irony by Rena 'sama' (c) 2002