Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dende's Love ❯ Departure ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dende's Love

Chapter 3: Departure

"First off, Dende, why don't you just heal her?" Gohan asked.

Dende blushed bright purple, and mumbled, "I, um, kind of forgot."

Gohan snickered while his handsome green friend placed his hand over Linden's wound. They both glowed for a few seconds, and her cut was healed, and she felt better overall.

Linden gazed up at the saiyan. *Who are you?* she asked him telepathically, giggling a bit when she saw him jump and look around.

When his gaze found her's again, understanding dawned upon his face. He grinned, and replied, "I'm Gohan. Dende and I have been best friends since we were little tykes. He tells me everything, or he did-" he paused and sent a pointed look at Dende, who blushed again,"-until recently. Anyhow, as much fun as it is to embarrass him, I have a question he needs to answer."

Gohan turned towards Dende, who was glaring half-heartedly at him, and grinned even wider. He jerked his head to the archway to get across the fact that he wanted to talk outside.

Dende nodded, looked down at Linden tenderly, and brushed a few hairs from her forehead.

*I'll be right back, I promise* he assured her, giving her a gentle smile that let his own fangs poke out.

Linden nodded and smiled back, showing her fangs as he did and lay back down to try and think, also making sure to shield her thoughts from him. /Alright, he's handsome. As handsome as the guys back home used to be. And sweet as candy. I like his friend too. Gah! I can't do this, I have to fight Doquenis!/ she finished bitterly, now feeling quite sad. /I can't endanger anyone again./

Outside, Gohan peered at his friend, noting the blush that was just now starting to fade. "So, you really like her, huh? She only just arrived. I felt her power signature, and wow! She has potential. But as for my question, it's Videl's and my 2 year anniversary. What should I get her?"

Dende thought about it for a minute. "Why not get a charm bracelet? You can just add a charm every year with something that has special meaning."

Gohan snapped his fingers, "You know, that is a super idea. Anyhow, now that I have that answered, what is this girl's name?"

Dende replied, "Linden. She's from someplace called Lousenthica. She had this episode sometime before you came where she called out to someone named Doquenis. Evil person, I think. She wasn't too happy. I'll have to asked her."

Gohan grinned at his friend's babbling. "You know, this is adorable. Dende's first crush. It's priceless, I should have a camera. Dende has a girlfriend!"

"Wait a minute, she kind of has to like me back for that to be true. Yes, I like her. Yes, I think she's gorgeous. But I still need to get to know her. Now let me alone," Dende retorted.

"Oh, trust me, she digs you. The way she looked at you!" Gohan replied, grinning even wider at his friend's purple cheeks. /That might become permanent if I keep this up./

Dende growled and spun around, heading back towards Linden. *He can be such a jerk sometimes.* he thought to himself, not really caring if Linden heard him.

*What did he do?* she asked as she saw him walk in blushing. She thought he looked adorable when he blushed.

*I'd rather not say, if you don't mind,* he bit out, and immediatly regretted it when he saw the look of pain cross her face. It left as quickly as it came, but it still struck a chord in him.

*I'm sorry. I don't mean to snap, he just can grate on a person's nerves...... and that's what he was trying to do too, so I got annoyed.* he apologized.

Linden looked up at him and nodded, shrugging at the same time as if to say "It happens, don't worry.".

*That used to happen with me and my best friend, Manela.* a tear streaked down her cheek. *I miss her so much. She was like my twin sister. We could finish each other's sentences, and said the same things at the same time. She was my other half.* By this time, silent sobs shook her body.

Dende felt her pain, remembering when Gohan took so many chances when they were all battling on Old Namek. He remembered Guru, one person he looked up to above all others. He went down on his knees, and enveloped her in a hug, trying to be comforting.

Linden jerked away, and wiped her tears. *I'm sorry. I'm usually not such a baby.*

*It hurts. I know that, I've felt it before. Crying is allowed.* Dende replied softly.

Linden gave a snort, and retorted *Crying is weak. That is what I have always been taught. Being happy is one thing. But crying doesn't help any situation. So, crying is frowned upon.*

Dende's nose wrinkled in distaste, *Well, here, it's not. It's a form of release.*

Linden shook her head *You wouldn't understand. This is how I grew up, and I can't change things now. Anyhow, I'm tired. Would it be alright if I slept some?* she asked quickly.

Dende pulled back, feeling as if she had just brushed him off as she would a pesky fly. He nodded, turned, and walked away as fast as he could.

He stood at the edge of the lookout, and just stared at nothing, trying to build up his mind-walls to keep her out, as she had done him some of the time. He jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Gohan, I thought you'd left," he said softly.

"Well, no, I didn't. I spyed. You know me, I was curious. I saw the exchange, although I couldn't exactly hear you. You were blocking everyone else out. What happened?" Gohan asked gently.

"Nothing. I just made some assumptions that I shouldn't have. It's not a problem. I'll let her rest here, and then she can leave." Dende answered with a voice devoid of feeling.

/It's his first time, I guess. Poor guy, that had to hurt./ Gohan thought to himself.

*Stay out of that Gohan. It's none of your concern.* came a biting reply in his mind. It was the mind-voice of that girl that hurt his best friend.

*I've known him since we were little. It's my concern when someone hurts him. So, if you don't want me in this, don't hurt him,* he retorted in his own telepathic language.

Gohan could hear the underlying pain in her thoughts of how she treated Dende. He sighed, shook his head. He gave Dende a small hug from behind, and flew back to his house.

Linden was on her side, tears running down her cheeks. She really did like Dende, but she didn't want Doquenis to hurt him.

She knew Doquenis wanted her for his mate. She shuddered at the thought of it. She wouldn't mate with him if he were the last being in the universe.

*Doquenis, I swear on the graves of all of my people, I will have my revenge.* she sent this promise out to Doquenis, where ever he might be.

*Oh really? And what will you do to me, little girl? I can do as I please. I destroyed our planet. What could YOU do to ME?* he sent back silkily into her mind.

Linden screamed again as he sent a bolt of pain into her mind. Blood trickled out of her ears and nose and her body jerked.

Dende flew into the room, closing his eyes, and concentrating on trying to make her convulsions stop. He pressed his hands to her head, and thought healing into her.

Slowly, she stopped moving, except for gasps as she tried to catch her breath. Tears were mingling with blood as she wiped her face and neck.

Dende backed away, unsure of what she wanted him to do. He had sufficiently stopped the bleeding, so he got another cloth and bowl of warm water and started to clean her off again.

She was laying on her back, and when she felt something touch her cheek, she gasped and her eyes flew open. When she saw it was Dende cleaning her, although he had stopped when she had gotten frightened, she relaxed, closing her eyes and letting more tears make tracks on her cheeks, now splotchy from the blood.

Dende resumed cleaning her off, slowly wiping away the streaks of reddish pink, trying to make the butterflies in his stomach stop their flight. He just tried to be comforting, without invading her space.

Linden felt warm all over from the feeling of Dende's hands, wiping her pain and discomfort away.

Dende looked down at her, and couldn't resist kissing each eyelid, reveling in the small sigh the gesture made her give.

He traced his fingers along her now clean face, his eyes wide with wonder at how someone's skin could be that velvety.

Linden was shocked out of the warm, comforting pleasure by a sinister chuckling in her mind. She pushed Dende away roughly, and said, *What do you want Doquenis?*

*Oh nothing..... just checking out my competition. I can read anyone's mind, you know that, my sweet. And I can see him just as well as you. Fitting, for me to be able to read my future mate's mind better than any other.* he replied in his deep, crackling voice.

*You're ego is too big. I wish your twin was still here. At least he wasn't scum. Loumil was a fine person. Why did you have to kill him? Might as well ask why you had to kill ALL of my people?* she spat back bitterly.

*They were my people too. Pitiful creatures as they were, always bent on peace, so they were expedable-* he started.

*EXPENDABLE!?! You are talking about my parents, and my little brother, and my best friend, and-and our wonderful rulers!* she screamed back.

*Yes, and I wanted to tell you how sweet Manela was to take as she screamed in pain. It was truely rapturous, indeed,* he said in turn, reveling in the tortured feelings he felt emenating from her across the galaxy. He was perched on Pluto now, and biding his time.

*YOU BASTAAAAAAAARD!* Linden screamed in her mind, sobbing wildly at the pain her forever friend must have felt, and the revulsion that such a creature that would do that to Manela wanted her for a mate.

Dende listened helplessly, being partially blocked by Linden so that he couldn't speak to Doquenis. There was blood seeping out of her ears and nose again, so he bent and healed her again, trying to concentrate healing to go as far as her soul, if it could.

*I WILL KILL YOU DOQUENIS! I SWEAR IT!* Linden spat, agony clawing through her heart.

Dende felt warm tears rolling down his cheeks. He would do anything to help her, if he could.

*I'll make sure I'll have some fun with that ugly new green thing that's taken a liking to you as well. Just wait. I'll even give you time with him! 3 years, Lousenthican time. No more than that though. I am an eager man, as your mother found out.* he said, his voice filled with mirth. *I will leave you now, but remember, 3 years. That is all I will allow you. I was the heir to the throne on our home planet, and I will be ruler on our new one. Never forget who is Prince, and who is commoner.*

Linden's eyes flew open as she felt Doquenis totally leave her mind. *Oh my Lord, Lord, help me. Help me to fight the darkness. Please, oh please!* she repeated over and over, crying into her hands. Dende stood silently by, tears still staining his cheeks, not sure what to do.

Linden looked up, and realized that Dende would be hurt even more if she stayed, if she showed that she cared as much as she did.

*I must go now. I am grateful for all you have done for me. Good-bye, and may we meet again in peace,* Linden recited politely, trying to keep any warmth from coming into her voice.

Dende felt as if he had been slapped, but nodded respectfully, and backed away. *May we meet again in peace* he responded morosely, turning his back as she left.

I think I might very well leave it there! I hope you all liked. The reason this is so much longer than I usually do is because ff.net gave me more time *grumbles* to write. >.< Anyhow, PLZ PLZ PLZ review. I live on those things, really I do. They taste great! LoL.