Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Diamond Heart ❯ Me ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DB, DBZ, DBGT, or any of their characters! I am just a poor little kid who by some strange twist of fate owns a computer with an Internet connection!

"Diamond Heart"

Chapter 1: Me

"Basil… Sage…" Bulma shifted through her inventory looking for the Yarrow. Being the Herbal Mistress was just not what it was cracked up to be. She remembered Baba the Elder, the town's last Herbal Mistress, who seemed so grand in her infinite wisdom of the earth; she was Bulma's inspiration to study Herbal Lore. But in haste Bulma had never stopped to consider the kind of work that Baba the Elder went through with the townspeople. Always being called for simple nosebleeds or even for a mundane love potion.

"Lady? Do you have the potion ready yet? The Missus is `bout to give birth." The nurse spoke to Bulma worried for her patient. The nurse had been in Marron's family forever. Marron being the one giving birth today, hopefully.

"Yes! Here it is Nurse. Now lead me to the mother to be."

"Yes, Yes. I'm sure you remember what it is to be in labor waiting for the Herbal Mistress."

"You forget, good Nurse, that during my labor I WAS the Herbal Mistress." Bulma chuckled while jogging behind the Nurse to the birthing room. In this town, Taholloe, Bulma served as midwife, physician, wise woman, and Herbal Mistress all at the same time. Bulma enjoyed herself, she loved helping others and feeling appreciated. But thanks to the lack of medical personal in the town Bulma had to go without help during her two pregnancies. Well, she did have her wonderful and loving husband, Goku.

Her first pregnancy and been the hardest, as it is with all women. It was so sweet how Goku had gone to help Bulma with several deliveries before her own labor so that he might know what to do. Not that it really helped or anything, he had almost fainted at the sight of the blood.

She found this quite ironic. He was a professional dragon-slayer for God's sake! He was training their eldest son Gohan to follow in his footsteps. Bulma didn't like this one bit. No way in hell is any mother going to be excited about her son, at only 10 years old, being taught how to slay deadly creatures by his father.

At least her second son Trunks had decided to study medicine. He was such a smart little boy. At only eight he was studying under her as her apprentice! Of course dragon slaying is a family event. Some families go to the Solstice Festival together every year, well Bulma's family packs up the basket lunches to slay a dragon every few months together.

Since it is impossible to kill a dragon using bare mortal force, don't listen to those silly folk-tales, Bulma and Trunks mix a deadly potion and coat Goku and Gohan's weapons with it. Then only a slight stab would kill the dragon without hand to claw combat. There's a job for everyone.

The Nurse and Bulma had reached Marron's room now. Marron was a small strip of a girl who, at the moment, was VERY pregnant. Beside her, the girl's husband twittered his thumbs nervously. He was NOT going to just stand there while she went trough this.

"YOU!" shouted Bulma at Marron's husband. "Come hold your wife's hand."

"Why?"

Bulma narrowed her eyes dangerously.

"Because I said so."

"Eep!" and with that pitiful squeak he did as Bulma asked. Of course he would regret it later when his hand becomes swollen from Marron's pain-wracked body's reaction and her releasing grip. But no one wanted to test Bulma's temper.

"Now Marron, PUSH!" commanded Bulma. The poor girl did and surprisingly the birth was short. She hated girls who could just pop out their children with no effort at all: it was so unfair.

She handed Marron's child to her. As the poor girl took the precious bundle in her arms, Bulma remembered her own children; it was best she get home now.

Goku most likely had dinner ready: beside being a professional dragon-slayer he was also the town's one and only sentinel. The people appreciated her services, but since there was no pay in this job he was often rewarded with food and a free tailoring for he and his family.

"Marron, your child is beautiful, but I must get back to my own."

"Thanks you Herbal Mistress. I couldn't have done it without you!"

Bulma patted her knee. "No problem, sweetheart."

::::::::::::::

"Mommy!" cried Trunks as he rushed to his mother's arms, but his father grabbed his shoulders.

"Trunks, I'm sure your mother has had a very long day today. Let's not tackle her."

"It's alright Goku. I like hugs." Winking at Trunks he flew into her arms. Goku smiled and when Bulma put Trunks down he demanded her welcome home hug, which Bulma readily gave.

Gohan peeked his head from behind the kitchen door. "Can we eat yet?"

"Not until I get my hug."

Gohan was getting to that age where it was embarrassing to hug his mom; he was much to "manly" for that.

But he obliged his mother.

"Now we can eat." She consented and both boys flew into the kitchen no doubtly stuffing their faces.

Goku pulled Bulma into his body lovingly and they walked into the kitchen side by side.

"I love you Bulma."

"As I love you." glancing at her manner-less sons, which she would fix that, she spoke again. "As I love you all."

:::::::::::::

Hoped you liked so far; this was basically just an introductory chapter. Now it will be a Bulma/Vegeta fic. NO worries!

Please review!

Love Ifonly