Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Diamond Heart ❯ Similarities ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DB, DBZ, DBGT, or any of their characters! I am just a poor little kid who by some strange twist of fate owns a computer with an Internet connection!

"Diamond Heart"

Chapter 4: Similarities

For miles the dragon soared, unhindered by wind and weather. Clutched in his gigantic claw rested, or rather shook fearfully, the Herbal Mistress. She sat on the patch of turf that he had picked up along with her frail body and thought.

Since childhood Bulma had always believed that dragons were dangerous beasts who only thought of blood and gold. But this creature had purposely picked up ground for her to sit on in comfort. It was like a scaled room with ground made of ground and walls made of talons. Any other dragon would have ripped just her body from the ground not caring for her safety, just plundering meat. This dragon was different.

Bulma tentatively reached out her hand to touch the creature's scaly claw. She had never been this close to a dragon before; sure she had helped kill them, but all she did was mix potions.

Her fingers met the scales of the dragon. He was so cold. Never in her life had she touched something this cold before. Dragons spit fire! Nothing this cold could create fire from inside.

Through the talons she looked at the world beneath her. Nothing was familiar! Was she even in Denain anymore? What country was this? All around her were monstrous mountains, but none were capped with snow as in her own country. In fact they seemed to radiate with heat.

"Goku, please help me."

The beast's belly above her rumbled. A laughter entered her mind.

"My dear lord God!"

The laughter was still evident, but now a voice also interrupted her thoughts.

* My dear, your man nor your God can help you now. You are mine. *

The damn dragon was speaking in her mind!

"I am not yours." She tried to say calmly, but her voice shook with fear.

* You have no need to fear me, I will not harm you. And as for the matter of who or where you belong to will be discussed later. *

"Excuse me? I don't think so. I know where I belong and I demand to be taken there now."

The laughter rumbled in her mind again. * I admire your courage woman, but it will be discussed later as I am going to set you on the ground now. Don't think of trying to run away; you won't make a yard. *

"Beast!"

She was about to yell more at this monster when his claw opened dropping both her and the chunk of ground outside the entrance to a very large cavern.

She looked up at the dragon who circled once then set himself beside her. The wind from his landing whipped her hair around her face.

* Please enter my humble abode. * she glared at him and crossed her arms over her chest defiantly.

"No." she said curtly.

* Don't make me force you. Your courage may be great, but my physical strength is greater and I do not want to put you in danger. *

Bulma looked at the dragon's face for the first time. Strangely it did not seem very beast-like. His face was elegant and expressive, taken that his black plates and scales made the dragon look very sinister.

"Fine."

Bulma stumbled into the dark entrance of the cavern blindly.

"Dragon, I need some light."

* Ah, yes. I had forgotten how poor human site was. Is it possible that you make a torch that I may light? *

"Yea, hold on a minute." Bulma went back to the patch f ground that had been discarded outside of the dragon's "home." Tearing out some of the roots she made a rudimentary torch. "Ready. Can you light it without smoldering me?"

* Yes, just hold it up. * She did so and the dragon spit a tiny spark of fire on the torch. Now with a light Bulma ventured into the cavern once more.

The dragon lumbered behind her silently.

"Dragon? Why have you brought me here?"

* Because I do not wish to be the last. *

"Huh?"

* I thought I was, the last dragon that is. The last of an ancient and powerful race. Humans murdered my kind. Humans, * the dragon seemed to spit the word as if it scalded him, * Now I know I am not the last. *

"What does that have to do with me. I'm human in case you haven't noticed!"

* No, you are dragon. *

"Your eyes are broken then."

* Your human body has allowed you to become blind. Listen, little one: every beast is in tune with the rhythms of nature. But humans are not; they are blind, deaf, and dumb to the ways of this earth. So the Makers gave the humans a heartbeast or the animal that best personifies them. Yours, my dear, is a dragon. I can see it as clearly as I can see the color of your hair. *

"Okay, lets say you speak the truth. I still am not a dragon."

* Yet. With my magic, if you choose, you can transform into one. You can fly on the wings of your soul, become one with the earth. *

" What if I don't choose to?"

* Why wouldn't you? *

"Maybe I don't want to be a dragon."

* Then you do not know your heart, little one. *

The dragon looked at her intently then gazed ahead.

Bulma did the same and gasped at the sight. Ahead the cavern opened up more to show hoards of gold, enough to pay a thousand king's ransom. Lavish furnishings, painted murals, swords, carved wardrobes, and anything else of value you could possible imagine was scattered across the wide cave.

Bulma's hand covered her mouth in astonishment. "Dragon! Where did all this come from?"

* Many places. Make yourself comfortable; you'll be here for a while. I'm going to hunt, I'll assume you need water as well? *

"Yes, Dragon."

The dragon picked up a large gold basin with his enormous teeth.

* And would you stop referring to me as "Dragon?" *

"You don't call me by my real name." She said pointedly at him.

* Fair enough. But I do not know yours. *

"My name is Bulma."

* Bulma. * the dragon seemed to taste her name, even though he was speaking in her mind.

"Well, what's yours?"

The dragon tilted his head to the side.

* Vegeta. *

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yea, yea. Like you didn't see that coming!

Thanks for reading!

Love Ifonly