Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Diamond Heart ❯ Fire ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DB, DBZ, DBGT, or any of their characters! I am just a poor little kid who by some strange twist of fate owns a computer with an Internet connection!

"Diamond Heart"

Chapter 7: Fire

There were women holding children to their breast in despair, there were fathers weeping in pain, and there was nothing anyone could do about it. As they watch the bodies burn all knew that this war would bring nothing but grief and sorrow. They would sow this war with blood and reap the fruits of their harvest: death. And who was there to blame? No one, not a damned soul could blame another.

All were to drunk with this sadness to spread the hate, to spread the pain. All just wanted this bloody madness to end. All needed some spark of untainted life. All but one.

The entire city had gathered to watch the pyre. Every war casualty was to be burned together, never separating the sick from the warriors. And they all watched together, praying, hoping, and despairing.

All but one.

:::::::::::::::

Goku sat in the armory, his hands in his hair crying and muttering to himself, or rather…

"Bulma? Where are you? Goddamnit! Where are you!? I need you. I need you. Our youngest is dead and perhaps you too. I always counted on you to make me great, make me strong, but you aren't here anymore and I can't do it anymore. I can't be strong for Gohan when I cannot be strong for myself. Where are you?

"Does he still have you? That beast. That bastard. Was having you so important he had to sacrifice a country and lives? Yes. Bulma, had you been here this war would have never happened. I don't know why, but everything would be okay with you here. I would be okay and Trunks… and Trunks…"

Goku broke into sobs, not the first time since his son's death.

"And Trunks would be ALIVE! Damn you, dragon! Beast! I will have your head if it is the last thing I ever do. Be it in death, in life, or… I will have you. I will search this earth, not only to find Bulma, but also to KILL you! I will kill you! Damn you!"

Goku lifted himself upright and wiped the tears from his cheeks.

"Dragon, I will bathe in your blood, but first… I will crush Akros."

:::::::::::::::::

* Why should it matter? You are here now. Are you not happy? *

"No I am happy. That's the problem; I'm not supposed to be happy here. Vegeta? What don't I remember?! What am I missing!?"

*Calm yourself, dragon-woman. *

"I will not! What have you done to me?"

The dragon lifted up his head and roared in anguish and frustration.

* I almost had you! *

"What?" Bulma whispered in fright and then her eyes widened as the spell broke. What had he done?

* Dragon-heart… *

"You! You bewitched me!"

* Yes. It was the only way. * The dragon finished lamely.

"The only way? What the hell is wrong with you? I though you wished for me to be dragon! Why would you do such a thing?"

* It was the only way! I knew! I knew from the moment you spoke of your mate and younglings that I would never have you! I knew! Your eyes light up and your heat beat changes, it changes for them. You miss your younglings, how could you not? They were born from your womb, from your blood. For HIM, I know not why. Perhaps you miss him as a mare misses a stallion, but I am so much more. With I you will have eternal contentment, not a feral pleasure for only a few moments. With I you can have the winds, fire, earth, and seas. As dragon you and I will be forever connected in body, mind, and soul! *

"Shut up! How dare you speak of him in that way! And you were right! Compared to my family you amount to nothing! Goku is so much more than you are, Goku feels for me. You, dragon, cannot feel. I have touched you, you feel as how you are: cold. I would never choose you because I have no love for you and you none for me. Goku is so much more."

* I feel! Damn you! I feel! And it is your fault, dragon-heart! Touch me again, Bulma! Touch me! I am not as I was before. There is a stirring in my heart that I cannot describe, but I know it comes from you. I know you caused it. *

By now Bulma had backed up so far, her back was flush with the cavern wall and still the dragon drew neared to her. Now his breastplate was inches from Bulma.

* Touch me. Touch me! *

Bulma winced at the volume inside her head. What did she do to deserve this?

Gingerly, she reached out her hand to feel the cold surface of his scales. Her finders touched Vegeta's armor. Oh God, he was warm. Warm.

"How…how?"

* It is a mystery to me also, little one. But… I believe it has something to do with this feeling inside my chest. This… sensation. A fire I have not possessed before. This is a new fire that burns not only from within, but around my entire being. You have caused this fire. This sensation. *

Bulma looked away from the dragon and settled her eyes on the walls.

"I want you to take me home, Vegeta. Take me home."

* Bulma, your home is here. *

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Okay ya'll. Don't forget to REVIEW!

Thanks for readin'!

Love ya!

-Ifonly