Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Distant Horizons ❯ Adjusted ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ. All rights belong to Akira Toriyama.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Distant Horizons
Chapter Two- Adjusted

11 years later. . .

The hard, cold floors of the ships interior echoed harshly as the special elite's marched in unison. With stone faces and elevated chest, they rushed towards the main bay of the ship. As they reached the tall iron doors, the metal gates opened quickly for them.
"Sire, you requested?" the leading elite said, his head bent down in a respectful manner.

"Yes, yes I did, men, I would like you to meet General Emac Racau, he is leader for one of my associates army, who has been sent here to give orders to you. We will be taking care of some business for my," Freiza sighed as he turned around to look the General in the eye, "associate."

The group of elite's bowed their heads and went down on one knee, "Waiting for further orders, sire."

"Zarbon," Freiza said to the leader of the elites, “give the kind General Racau a tour of our grand ship, and keep in mind you all will meet me in the South Wing at 20 o'clock." he continued as he turned and made his way out the iron doors, but not before he stopped and turned to face his men once again.
"Vegeta, we need to speak."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"No! But what about the agreement we had, you promised!"

"What agreement, damn it, we never had an agreement."

"Like hell we didn't, do you want this sword up your ass?"

The two girls raised their eyebrows and giggled lightly.
"Jeeze, Sakari, calm down a bit," a short violet haired girl laughed. Nira turned sideways in her chair and crossed her legs, looking down at the table.
"You know, Eyea, that if we do this, we could get into some deep shit." she stated truthfully.
"Shut up Nira! It wasn't my idea it was Sakari's!" she yelled, pointing to the tall green-haired girl.

"Ah! Like hell it was, YOU'RE the one always wanting to spy on the men training, not me, remember?"

"Oh yeah yeah, keep denying it. I caught you that one time-"

" I WAS CHANGING TOWELS!!!" Sakari exclaimed, knocking her chair over while she abruptly stood up.

"Bull. Shit" Eyea replied following her lead and pointed a finger in her face.
"Oh, and what about that one time, were you changing towels then? Because I seem to recall..."

Nira giggled lightly as she turned her head to the side, away from her bickering friends. She sighed hard and put her face in her hands. She drew in a deep breathe and lifted her face up to the clock, 9:15am.
'Eerr, we've been in this damn room for almost 4 hours. When are they going to give us our schedules for next month' she thought. She was frustrated with the fact that they would wake them up so early, just to drag them here and wait for hours. She growled loudly, drawing the attention of her friends.

"What's a matter Nira?" Eyea questioned worried, as she stopped her argument with her friend.

"What's a matter?! What's a matter is that I'm in here, tired as hell 'cause I didn't get to sleep last night until 1:30, and when I finally did, my brother comes bursting through the door, all pissed off as always, waking me up, so, technically, I didn't get to sleep till 3 cause all I could think about was how much my legs hurt from dragging you two around everywhere, and what the hell our damn schedule will be like, cause personally I'm sick and tired of all this damn work! And these bastards wake us up at 5:30, just to dragged us in here early in the morning, WITHOUT EATING, thank you very much, I'm tired, I'm sore, and to top it all off, you two are over here screaming like banshees! THAT'S what's a matter!" Nira drew in another breathe and took a moment to calm down. She repositioned herself on the chair and glanced up calmly at her two friends.

Eyea and Sakari were silent for a moment and eyed the girl strangely. Eyea shook it off and approached Nira with a smirk forming on her small face.
" Your brother eh?"

"...^..."

"EYEA!!!!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Vegeta, hopefully you will treat General Racau with the utmost of respect, because of your short temper, I know how you get sometimes." Freiza said to his favorite pet, with a widespread smile on his face.

"Of course, Frieza."

"You will be somewhat of a 'caretaker' for our dear General. I want to make sure this is clear to you my prince Freiza said as he sighed and turned his head away from the young man.

Vegeta cleared his throat and spoke up. "If I may ask, why do you want me to be his 'caretaker'?"

Freiza's head turned to face Vegeta, his eyes narrowing a bit, then he relaxed and drew in a breathe.
"Actually, Vegeta, it was he who chose you, not me." he said, looking up at Vegeta's confused face.
"But why would he chose me, I don't even know the man?"

"Are you disagreeing?"

Vegeta blinked twice, "No sire, I just didn't think a man with high ranks such as he, would take interest in me, that's all." he growled out.
"Hmm, temper, temper my little monkey, besides," Freiza chuckled, ignoring the dangerous glare the prince was giving him, “The General has no use for you, and is not interested" he continued, turning his head and meeting the prince's fierce glare. A smile soon appeared on his white face, as he shook his head and laughed while picking up his glass of red liquid and spinning it in his hands.

Vegeta growled at Frieza's amusement, "Then why does he wa-"

"Your sister."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nira flopped carelessly on her bed and shut her eyes. It's been a long day and all she wanted to do was sleep. Her head began racing about tomorrow and the same old routine she would be forced to go through.
"Kami, I'm getting sick of this stuff." she sighed, crawling underneath her blankets. 'Sleeeeep,' she thought with a smile on her face. 'Kami I'm so comfortable'...

"NIRA!"

'Shit.'

The door slammed open as an angry Vegeta barged in.
"What is it Vegeta, I'm so-" she was cut off in the middle of a yawn.
"Did he touch you, talk to you, anything?!" He shouted. He didn't consider her present state, nor did he care. His mind was full of hatred towards General Racau.

"What? Vegeta, what the hell are you talking about?" she questioned, sitting up in her bed. Vegeta let out a sigh and walked over to his bed.
"What the hell was that about, you just freaked out on me there?" She said while swinging her legs over the side of her bed.

"It was nothing, go to sleep, I'll tell you tomorrow," he said while taking papers out of his drawer, sitting down and studying them. Nira stood up and stretched her arms and legs while pacing over to sit behind him on his bed.
"So, when's your next mission?" she asked trying to changed the subject and peek over his shoulder. He nudged her off as he attempted to plan a way to keep his sister safe.
'Kami, if I leave, I won't be able to watch her from that bastard General,” he thought to himself while tapping his fingers against the black steel desk. He swung around to look at his sister.

"In two days, Nira, I need you to stay with Radditz, Nappa will stay in this room."

"What?” she asked while taking a step back and throwing her hands on her hips. “Why Vegeta? Every other time you go off, I'm always fine by myself, what's the difference now? I'm a big girl you know!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air.
'Kami, it's like I never grow up to him or something-"

"Because I said so!" he hissed, turning to face her. Her golden eyes narrowed as they met the black orbs of her brother.
"No." She said sternly. "You damn jerk! I can watch myself. And fine, you can go away on your little mission, but I assure you, I will not be staying with Radditz, I'm 15 for Kami's sake! I'll be staying with Sakari and Eyea, so back off! I don't know what has gotten into you but don't start taking it out on me. I'm not in the moodVegeta."

He looked into her eyes for a minute and sighed, "Why must you be so difficult? I can't protect you-"

"Against what Vegeta?!" she yelled for a second time, throwing her fists on the counter.

As soon as she finished, a loud knock sounded at the door. Nira broke from her brother's glare to answer it. When she opened the door she was faced with a tall, tan-skinned man who was rather built with long dark blue hair and several scars marked across his fit body.
'He's handsome...'

"Eh y-yes?" she stuttered.

"I was wondering if you could help me?" the man said, leaning against the door frame. "Sure, what can I do for you, mister....?"

"Racau, General Racau."

"Ok, mister..er.. General Racau, what can I help you with?" she questioned, tucking some hair behind her ears.
"I would like to know, if you-" he started before Vegeta appeared besides the raven haired girl.

"Leave her be," Vegeta hissed.
"General," he said with sarcasm," I believe you're looking for me." he finished.

"Why, who would leave such a young beauty behind?" he chuckled as he reached out and cupped Nira's small face in his large hands. She shivered as soon as his hands touched her.
"Umm, I'm flattered,” she said while backing away towards her bed.
Racau sighed and glanced back at Vegeta, "I will meet you first thing in the morning in the West Wing, bring your men." he stated, while turning around and backing out of the room. He stopped for a moment and turned to look back at the young girl.
“What a beauty,” He said with a smirk and was gone.

Both brother and sister stared at where the man once stood. Vegeta looked over to his sister who was still in a trance and recalled her last question before they were interrupted. He walked towards her bed and looked towards the door,

"From him."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please review!

Next chapter: Departure