Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Distant Horizons ❯ Departure ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disc: I do not own DBZ, all rights belong to Akira Toriyama

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chapter Three
Departure
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Nira looked her brother in the eye while she continued handing him supplies. "Now, I want you back safe, not damaged, and all limbs in tact, got it?"

"Sure thing mom." Vegeta replied dryly as he swung a strap over his shoulder.
"Vegeta," she said seriously, "you know how I get when you go on these big missions, men always end up dying...I just," she paused to look up at him, then slightly turned it to the side," I can't stand the thought of you-"

"I won't die. I just promised you. Kami , Nira, have a bit of faith in your older brother here." He chuckled. His face soon got stern as he pulled her hair for her to look at him.
"Stay away from him."

She laughed slightly as she playfully hit his arm. "I will, I'm not THAT stupid Geta.

"Nira, I'm serious." He said, ignoring her use of a pet name that he always hated.
"So am I."

"Battle ship Alliance 5-8-3 clear for take off in 5 minutes, all elite's board immediately."

"Guess that's my call. Take care Nira. If anything happens go to Radditz, if necessary Nappa. Do not rely too much on Eyea and Sakari. And please stay away from Racau." he said, while placing a hand on her shoulder gently. She smiled slightly as she watched him turn and board the ship. When he turned around, she waved to him and quickly gave him the victory sign.
'Kami, how I hate when he goes on these damn missions.'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1 week later. . .

"Eyea hand me the white towel," Nira said dryly as she scrubbed the blood off the training room floor.
"Eek, this is so damn gross!" Sakari exclaimed jumping up from where she stood to the nearest chair. Eyea and Nira laughed slightly at their terrified friend.

"You know. . ." Nira chuckled with a trademark smirk on her face.

"Oh Kami."

Nira's smirk grew wider as she voiced her sudden idea.
"The men won't be training till tomorrow morning, and all the doors locks are up. And I don't know about you two, but I haven't trained in a while,” she insinuated with a grin.
“A while for you is one week Nira,” Sakari laughed as she jumped from the chair and continued mopping.
“Now, how about we finish this first and then we'll- Nira? Where did she go-AHH!” Sakari yelled as she was suddenly swift kicked behind, roughly knocking her forward to the ground.
"Oh, so you wanna play that way huh? Well fine, bring it on, but don't come complaining to me when you end up in the Regeneration Tank!" Sakari exclaimed while jumping up in the air throwing several punches and kicks towards the Saiyan Princess.

The fight continued for 20 minutes till Sakari stood up from the ground.
"Ok, Ok, I give up. I realize I've been whipping you to shreds so, I'll give you a break!" she laughed, wiping blood from her face.

"Sure. Sakari?"

Silence.

"Where's Eyea?"

As soon as Nira finished, both girls were sent flying into the nearest wall, "You left me out!"

Sakari and Nira both glanced at each other and smirked. "Oh really....."

"AHHH!!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Did you pay her a visit yet?"

I tried but her damn brother was lurking over her shoulder."

"Ah, well, the monkey is gone so feel free to do anything BUT kill the girl." Frieza said simply as his smirked widened with each word he spoke, "That job is for me. In time of course. . .in time.”

"Yes, My Lord.” Racau replied with a look of excitement in his eyes.
In other news,” he continued the adjustments on the West frontier are running smoothly. I project a week before the Meronians are groveling at your feet for mercy." Racau laughed.

"Yes, I agree fully. General, did the reports from the Aytierians come in last week. I've been trying and trying. . .”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vegeta slowly picked up the tall jeweled crown and examined it with his onyx eyes. He twirled the blood-stained artifact in his hand while glancing around the fallen castle. Destruction dominated the scene before him, which didn't bother him in the least since destruction was all he knew. It was what he was best at.

"Why would he lie if he knew for sure that his planet and people were at stake?" he said to no one in particular, his eyes still fixated on the crown in his hands.
"Maybe he was an asshole for a king." One elite stated with a chuckle as he put a nearby soldier out of his misery.

"Damn idiots." Vegeta whispered as he placed the crown down on a rock and looked around.
"Have you acquired the mandatory amount of slaves?" he asked, turning toward the elite.

"Yes, sir we have."

Good, a few more days and we're gone." And with that Vegeta blasted the crown and watched it disintegrate before him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I mean, is it so terrible to be worried?" Nira asked with a cold expression on her face.

"Of course not, but you're obsessing over it. Your brother can take care of himself, he's a big boy." Sakari stated, while turning to pick up a dirty towel.
"I'm not obsessing Sakari,. It's not everyday one's older brother who has raised them since age 4 goes off into space to destroy some damn planet. You know how many men die on these missions" Nira stopped to pull her raven hair back and picked up a rag to help Sakari.

"It's just, every time he does this I worry for him. Not just for his safety because I know he can take care of himself just fine. I worry for his future. Is he going to ruthlessly murder people his entire life? He's not a terrible man and he's nothing like that pig Freiza. Vegeta has honor and lives by his own code of rules, no matter how messed up they may seen. He just deserves better, much better." She threw her rag down and picked up a sponge.

"And you?" Eyea questioned, walking around the table towards the two.

"What about me?"

"You, my dear, are a princess. You live in a world of hate and death. You were forced out of your home, which was later destroyed then forced to live as a mere slave. You deserve better. You deserve to live in a world where you are pampered, adored, loved, and all the good things that come with being a princess." Eyea stated, eyeing the princess the whole time."But you are here for a reason. Kami has a better reason for you to be here. You are to achieve something great." She exclaimed with a sympathetic smile.
Nira chuckled a bit as she rose to meet Eyea. “Eyea, you live in a fantasy world sometimes. I come from a race where `loving' and `adoration' are words for the weak. I only wish for my people to be alive, not to be hailed by them.” She said as she stood and made her way out of the room.
“I'm going to my room. I'll see you guys tomorrow,” She sighed as she smiled gently towards the two girls.
'Could she be right?' Nira thought as she closed the door and headed down the long hallway. ` Am I here for a greater reason? A slave princess. Hah! Dragged mercilessly away from her home, her people. . .' Nira's eyes narrowed as she picked up her pace.
`Kami can go fuck himself for all I care. If he was watching over us, then he wouldn't put my brother and I through this!'
Nira did not feel privileged or important. How can you feel important when you're life consists of slaving around and following orders given to you by disgusting, controlling, honor-less men who took pleasure from her pain and hatred. She must admit that her role on the ship had improved dramatically once her power and fighting level rose through the years. Having a brother who was part of Frieza's elite didn't hurt her situation either. Still, she couldn't help but notice the pain that was accumulating in her heart day by day.
She couldn't ignore that agony.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Next Chapter: Distress
Please review!