Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Distant Horizons ❯ Distress ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ, all rights belong to Akira Toriyama.
-----------------------------------------------
Chapter Four
Distress
 
Screams. That's all she could hear. Terrified voices yelling out.
'My name, they're screaming my name!'

"Nira!..Nira!"

She spun her head around to run. But something stopped her. She looked down. Red. Blood red covered her body. It was a dress, a long gorgeous dress. She undid her foot from the hem with a puzzled look on her face. Soon, her head snapped up and she looked towards a light.
'They're still screaming...' she thought, plugging her ears to drown out the sound.
'I have to help them.' She started running towards the light, building up courage to face their screams. Yet, something stopped her once again. Nira looked in the a mirror that stood tall in front of her. She gasped. It wasn't her?!

'It is me..' she thought in awe as she stared at her reflection. An older version of her stood in the glass reflection, dawned with jewels. But the most beautiful of them all was the sparkling crown that sat top of her richly adorned hair. Her raven hair flowed gently in waves to her waist. Her face was more matured and angular with matching settled eyes. Her dress flowed like silk and her skin appeared flawless and beautiful. She looked gorgeous.
But still, they were screaming. She wiped around and ran towards the light once more. She held her breath to prepare herself for the sight she might see. "I have to help! I have-" she paused as she ran through a large wooden door. Her jaw dropped. Thousands, no, millions of people stood in the large crowd.

Cheering.

For her.

"Kami." She whispered as she looked among the millions of Saiyans. A smile appeared on her face, as she felt tears sting her eyes.
"My people." Nira lifted her chin up high, as she was taught when she was a young child. She winced as she felt someone grab her wrist and lift it up high in the air. She swung around to meet the man's face.
"To your new Queen!" he yelled. The crowded went wild in excitement.

'Queen?!'

"Father," she whispered, as a few tears rolled down her cheek.
"I knew this day would come Princess." He said, his voice overflowing with pride.
"But I-I, what's going on, " she screamed.
Why was she Queen, what about Vegeta? Where was Vegeta, was he to die!? Suddenly she was thrown to the ground, and everything around her went black.
'What the hell...'

As soon as she thought that, she heard tiny giggles come from behind her.
'What now?' she thought as she stood, and slowly turned around. What she saw brought tears to her eyes, and her hands covered her mouth.
'Vegeta?' she thought, as the scene played before her.

Yes, it was him, but he was older, much older. He was standing up off a long bench with his arms crossed as he walked slowly along the green grass towards a large building.
"All right, I'm coming." he chuckled as he picked a small girl with blue curls up from behind. The little girl laughed as she put up a mock fight. "Daddy!" she giggled, "Daddy you're being so silly!"

He chuckled lightly again. "C'mon princess, we better get you inside or your loudmouthed mother is going to have a fit." He stated, as the young girl wrapped her arms around his neck.
"Daddy, do you think you can tell me another story tonight?" she questioned with much excitement. Vegeta wrinkled his nose slightly at that statement.
"Err, fine, but this is the last one for a while." He said sternly.
"OK daddy!"

"Vegeta! Bulla! C'mon you two!" a voice yelled.

Nira turned around to see who it was from. There was a woman leaning slightly against a sliding door. Her short blue hair was blowing gently in the wind, and she had a generous smile on her face as she watched the two walking towards her.
Who is she, who is that little girl, and why did she call Vegeta her dad, and where the hell am I?'

"Coming mommy. Hey mommy. . .” the little girl giggled as she grabbed Vegeta's chin, "you'll never believe what daddy called you." She said in a singsong voice as she hopped out of her father's arms and ran towards the building. The woman giggled lightly, and turned towards him.
"Oh, really? Vegeta, what in Dende's name are you telling our daughter now?" she asked as she paced up to him, placing her arms around his neck.
"Oh, nothing I haven't told you before onna. " He said with a chuckle while turning her around and placing his hands on her shoulders as they followed their daughter in the building.

Silence.

"Vegeta." Nira whispered.

As soon as the vision stared, it ended, and she was thrown deep into a dark world where all she could see was blood, hate, anger, and envy. She watched as a figure was brutally murdering her people, she watched. She could do nothing but scream and yell. They all called out her name once more. She could only watch. The planet was destroyed, and she watched as the figure moved, terrorizing and annihilated every planet it came across. She hated this figure, this thing.! It never stopped. But she couldn't see it face.
'Frieza, it's Frieza' she growled with hate.
"Stop!" she yelled.

It stopped and looked towards her. The being walked gracefully to her. It grabbed her face and brought her eyes to meet its own.

It was her.
---------------------------------------
Nira shot up in her bed, her eyes bloodshot. "Kami." she cried. Her body was covered in sweat, and the blankets were half way across the room. She opened her eyes wider and strained to see through the pitch black of her room. It was so dark. Her small shoulders began to shake slightly, as she clutched to her pillow.

Silence.

'It's too quiet.'

All she could hear was her own breathing, which was rapidly picking up due to fear.
'This is insane, Nira, grow up, it was just a dream, just a st- '

Knock! Knock!

"Ahh!! " she screamed, bolting off her bed, towards the back of her room. She watched as the door opened slowly, letting the light from the hallway slowly creep in. The shadow of the person stretched longer at every step it took, till it was touching her feet. She backed up.

"Nira? Princess, are you ok?" a voice questioned, as it flicked on the lights. She let out the breath she was holding.
"Radditz." she sighed, whipping the sweat from her brow. "W-what are you doing in here?" she questioned, walking to him.
"I heard screaming, I just came in to check-"

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure, cause you sounded like-"

"I said, I'm fine." She stated firmly.

"A-Alright, if you say so. If you need me, I'll be in my room." He finished as he headed out the door. Nira stood in her spot for a few minutes thinking.
'Kami, that dream was so real.' She walked towards her bed, and started to get dressed. She needed to go to the East Prime desk to see when Vegeta would get in. Hopefully it would be soon because the sick feeling she was getting in her stomach alarmed her. Nira picked up her day schedule and headed out the room.
-----------------------------------------------
"Such big talk for a man like you."

"Well, I am a pretty big man." Racau chuckled, throwing his armor off his shoulder.
I plan to have the wrench before her stupid excuse for a brother comes back form his mission, which should be soon. I'm going have to make Frieza do something about that." He laughed as he tossed one of the maids a towel.

"Oh, really, and what are you going to have Frieza do about it?" a tall green man asked.

"Maybe postpone the ships entrance, send him on another mission, or maybe even. . .Nax-tuh, I don't think Frieza likes the monkey much, maybe we can destroy the whole elite, somehow making it look like an accident,” Racau chuckled, leaning back in his chair, “Yes that's what we'll do."

"General, there are plenty of women lined up, and you can just chose and use, they won't care. They're pretty good looking also. But no. You mean to tell me you'd go through all that for a mere slave?" Nax-tuh asked, with a smirk on his face.

"Princess," Racau corrected, " a beautiful, strong, and fierce Saiyan Princess."

"Ah, I see your motive now-What the hell!" Nax-tuh yelled, as a small amount of water was splashed on him.

"K-Kami, forgive me, it was an accident." a maid stuttered.

"An accident really." Nax-tuh hissed, picking the woman up by her collar.
Racau chuckled and stood, "Ah, Nax-tuh, leave the poor woman alone, can't you see she's absolutely gorgeous,” he said while running a finger down her cheek.
She winced and pulled away as she was set roughly on the ground.
"She is isn't she?" Nax-tuh asked, reaching his hands out to touch her, only to be pulled away from. His eyes narrowed, "I could kill you for that whore," he hissed.
"Come, Nax-tuh, we've got more work to do now." Racau ordered as he left the room followed by his soilder. As soon as they left the room the maid released her breathe.
"Bastard." She murmured under her breath. She turned around abruptly as she heard her name being called out.

"Eyea!"
------------------------------------------------



PLEASE REVIEW!!!!