Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Trust Me? ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THANX DBZ FANFICTION QUEEN FOR BETA-ING!
_____________________________________________________


He flew out of there as fast as he could go, breaking the window on the way. 'What was I thinking?' was the question that kept popping into his mind. 'I was far too open to that damn woman. Why did I even tell her about what I had heard? Why did I even care? I just don't understand it?'

Vegeta couldn't help it though. Whenever he saw her, he would feel something deep inside him, something so foreign to him that he didn't even know what to call it. However, instead of taking the time to decrypt the annoying feeling, he would always push it away burying it deep within himself, hoping never to find it again.

'This planet is making me soft, just like Kakarot.' he thought to himself. That seemed to be his reason to everything lately. 'I have to leave! I can be alone, I like to be alone! I can take it. It's what I've become accustomed to for as long as I can remember. I'm a saiyan!'

He blasted off into the dark starry sky.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Did Vegeta really mean what he said about Yamcha? Does he...really want to kill me? No....Yamcha wouldn't kill me! He loves me.'

Bulma had begun pacing back and forth inside of Vegeta's room. He had left in such a hurry, it was almost nerve-wracking. He had told Bulma of what he had heard earlier, but it all seemed to horrible to believe. However, she wasn't able to shake her thoughts away from the subject for too long as they always strayed back. 'But than again, why would Vegeta make up a lie like that, why would he go through all that trouble? Is he jealous or something?' Bulma suddenly halted in her pacing.

'But jealous of what exactly?'

Bulma sighed when she couldn't figure out the answer to her ever-puzzling question. She actually found herself feeling sorry for the Saiyan. He had no one. He might have seemed cold, but she knew that he did have a heart. 'I know he's capable of loving, and I know he has emotions. He feels pain, love, jealousy...They're just buried deep beneath his pride.....'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vegeta landed somewhere near a small lake. The wind blew softly at his face, blowing his hair back a bit. He stood there, starring out into the deep water. Somehow, the scenery surrounding him reminded him of home, home on Vegeta-Sei.

He sighed. He'd be king right now, if Frieza hadn't blown it up. He'd be sitting on a thrown ruling over thousands of Saiyans would worship him in power and superiority as they properly should. He wouldn't be worrying about some foolish emotions towards some stupid woman.

'There I go again,' he thought sarcastically. 'I'm thinking about her.'

"Ok now. This'll do perfectly." He said as sat down on a small patch of grass to his left. Now he wouldn't have to worry about that woman, or her parents. He would be alone.

Yet, did he like being alone?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bulma sighed. "Vegeta. Come back, you don't belong out there. You belong here, we're family. I know you don't really like being alone. I know deep down in your heart you do get lonely. I know you feel pain. You may be very prideful, but you can't stay away for too long. Please, come back...I love you." Bulma whispered to herself as a single tear slide down her cheek.

None followed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Bulma darling? Are you ok? You've been awfully quiet lately." Bulma's mother said as the small family were sitting down to a calm quiet dinner.

Too quiet. Too calm, and way too normal. Without Vegeta there, everything was so...boring.

"She's fine dear, probably just excited about the wedding." Dr. Briefs said as he raised a fork to his mouth.

Bulma looked down at her food. It had been quite a few hours before she last saw Vegeta. So many questions were flooding her mind. Why hasn't he returned yet? Was he ok? When is he coming back?

"Bulma?" Bulma looked up to see both of her parents starring at her, with concerned looks on their faces.

"Yes, fine. I'm going to go to sleep now. Goodnight." The blue-haired girl said as she stood up and quickly left the room. She had absolutely no appetite now, she was far too worried about Vegeta. She kept telling herself that 'he was a jerk', and that 'he'd be ok,' and 'not to worry', but there was something deep inside of her that kept telling her he needed a companion; a friend. He wasn't nearly as cold as he looked.

But what made him put up such a defense? Why didn't he let anyone reach out and touch his heart? He had certainly done that to her. When Yamcha asked her to marry him, she said 'yes'. But now, after Vegeta had kissed her, she had second thoughts. Was Yamcha really right for her? Did she truly love him? Or, did she just think she loved him?

She sighed.

Life is so complicated.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Damn woman.' Vegeta kicked the wall of the cave in anger; and watched as bit's and pieces of the cave fall to the floor.

'The only reason I need her…'

Another kick.

'…is because of her gravity chamber.'

A punch.

The cave slowly began to crumble; bigger pieces fell to the wall. It was destroyed from Vegeta's abuse. He scowled, as this was not doing anything to settle his mood. 'Great! Now what am I going to do?'

For a moment, Kakarots smiling face quickly flashed into his mind. 'No...There is no way HFIL that I'm going to go train with him!'
He sighed as a small piece of the cave rolled over towards him. Using it as a chair, the Saiyan sat on it.

'Hmph....well, I suppose I can get there faster by swimming in that lake,' Vegeta glanced over to the lake nearby. 'and I can also try hitting things from far away. Yes, that'll do perfectly, I don't need a gravity room.'

'Nor do I need that baka woman's help!'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One month later…

Bulma stood her in the mirror, looking at herself. Yamcha would be there in about an hour. They were celebrating their 'one month before wedding anniversary'. Yeah, it's weird, but it was his idea.

Bulma walked over to her bed and sat down, awaiting his arrival.

She sighed. It had been one month since Vegeta left, and she hadn't seen him since. Everything had become normal, quiet and calm without him there, no accidents, no screaming, no nothing.

'And it's been driving me up the wall!' Bulma mentally screamed to herself. 'Who wants silence?! Who wants everything normal?! It's been so boring! Why hasn't he come back?'

She really had wanted him to come to her wedding; she had thought that maybe, just maybe, he'd be back by now! It was in one month, he just had to come back!

Right?

'No,' she thought, sighing again. 'I really am beginning to loose hope.' She kept telling herself if he came back before the wedding, she wouldn't marry Yamcha. Then…she sighed once more '…then I'd know if Vegeta really does love me.'

Goku always said that he'd change.

On earth, she remembered seeing him for the first time. In that little crystal ball that Baba had. He thought he could beat Goku, he thought he'd get the Dragonballs and wish for eternal life, but he didn't. Krillen was going to kill him, but Goku didn't let him...He spared him, saying he'd change. So Vegeta left, stating he'd never change, and told them it was the worst mistake they'd ever done.

He escaped.

And he hadn't change yet.

On Namek, Bulma had met him for the first time. He tried stealing the Dragonballs from them, but of course hadn't succeeded. So, he agreed to help them get the Dragonballs, but in return he'd get one wish. The wish for immortality. But, he didn't get that wish, and he died, and than he was wished back.

He escaped again.

And still didn't change.

On earth, when they had returned, he came with everyone. After a little while, he left. Saying he wanted to go find Goku. He disappeared for a while, and she had been worried about him.

He escaped once again.

And, no, he hadn't changed.

On earth, for the last time, he came back. We went to see Goku, and learned of the androids. He stayed with Bulma. To train in the gravity room.

He escaped for one last time.

But this time he did change.

But, what she hadn't realized, was that he had been changing all along.

___________________

Please review ^_^
More reviews = faster update!