Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles - Trunks ❯ Trunks' Night - 2 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Trunks’ Night – 2


Trunks looked around his bedroom, but couldn’t tell what woke him. The moonlight shining through the open window showed books and clothes strewn across his desk and scattered over the floor. Everything was as it usually was.

He tried to lie down and close his eyes, but couldn’t shake the feeling something wasn’t right. He sensed through the house for any extra ki, but everything seemed normal. His parents, grandparents, and baby sister were right where they should be.

His heart pounded as he jumped from his loft and crept down the hall. He paused outside his parent’s bedroom door. Even without opening it, he could sense they were fast asleep. Across the hall, the baby was sleeping soundly as well.

Trunks debated what he should do. He didn’t want to wake anyone unnecessarily, but didn’t think he could sleep, either. As quietly as possible, he tiptoed back to his room.

He turned on his television to keep himself awake, but the flickering screen had a hypnotic effect. Soon his head drooped and he fell sound asleep.

-------

“Why is his television on when he’s asleep?”

“He probably had a bad dream. Doesn’t he look so peaceful sleeping there?”

“Humph.”