Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Ball: Chaotic Future ❯ Chapter 13: Second Chance? ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I DO NOT OWN DRAGON BALL Z OR ANY RACES, PLANETS, OR CHARACTERS RELATED TO IT. GALDRIA, HEVA, TIRIS, IQUELA, MIURA, ZELLIS, SETH, CLEF, HANZO, TWILIGHT AND ALL RELATED CHARACTERS, RACES, OR PLANETS WERE ALL CREATED BY ME.
 
 
Dragon Ball:
Chaotic Future
 
CHAPTER 13
 
Mad God Saga, Part II
“Second Chance?”
 
 
 
Zellis' body shuddered with fear.
 
Everything around the young noblewoman seemed to be trembling as the sinister laughter continued. She held her clenched fists against her ears, trying in vain to block it out, stomach lurching with pain at the terrible sound. But the laughter wouldn't cease, and the quaking of the earth around her intensified.
 
Stop this! she silently screamed, attempting to block out the agonizing pressure that was continuing to build in her head. Who are you?! What do you want?! Abruptly, both the laughter and the earthquakes stop.
 
I AM POWER, GALDRIAN WRETCH,” the chilling voice responded to her silent inquiries. “AND SOON, MY RAGE WILL BE UNLEASHED UPON YOU AND THOSE YOU HOLD DEAR.” Again the laughter echoed throughout the dark void around her, filling the former Hunter with dread. “YOU AND YOUR ALLIES WILL BE SCATTERED LIKE DUST BEFORE THE FURY OF MY VENGEANCE.
 
Tears streamed down Zellis' pale cheeks, but as she wiped them away, the noblewoman was startled to find her hands covered in blood. She clenched her green eyes shut in a futile attempt to stop the flowing crimson tears. The darkness around her shifted until she found herself once again standing on the mysterious, lifeless moon. The unknown planet still hovered above her, and the landscape was as devoid of life as it had been before. Clouds of pale blue sand were kicked up by a sudden wind, and a cold shadow sprang up from the arid ground, blocking out all light around the frightened Galdrian.
 
Stop this! she repeated, falling to her knees as the overwhelming pain returned to her mind. Leave me alone! The form that towered above her let loose another roaring laugh, causing Zellis to feel as if every bone in her body was about to shatter. You're hurting me!
 
YOU KNOW NOTHING OF PAIN GALDRIAN, NOT YET. BUT BE WARNED, DAUGHTER OF MY ENEMIES. SOON YOU WILL KNOW TRUE PAIN. MY HATRED AND STRENGTH WILL BE A TEMPEST OF POWER, AND THERE WILL BE NO ESCAPE FROM MY WRATH.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Zellis' screams echoed through the palace.
 
Kirien, who was sharing a room with the green-haired noblewoman while the palace was still under construction, sprang from her bed instantly, calling upon her vast supply of energy to illuminate the darkened room. Her golden eyes scanned the chamber for any sign of danger, though she felt no other presence in the room. The Genjin ambassador moved cautiously toward Zellis' bed, reaching out to gently brush a few strands of dark green hair from the Galdrian's pale and tear-streaked face.
 
“Lady Zellis,” she said softly, kneeling beside the bed. “Are you alright?” Zellis' eyes fluttered open, and Kirien caught a brief glimpse of undisguised terror there before full consciousness was reached. “What is it that has you so frightened, my dear Lady?” Kirien asked, gently stroking Zellis' cheek.
 
“Tempest…” she muttered, clenching her eyes shut again, as if to block out some horrifying memory. When she reopened them, Kirien saw that whatever had haunted her before was now locked safely back within the realm of dreams. “It's nothing, Kirien,” Zellis said reassuringly, “just a nightmare.”
 
“Another one?” a female voice asked from the now open doorway. Zellis sat up, placing a comforting hand on Kirien's shoulder as the Genjin warrior prepared to leap to her feet in the young noblewoman's defense. Rika entered the room, a large blanket draped around her like a robe. “Zellis, what's going on?” she asked. “I remember what happened on the way to Earth, you know. The nightmare you had then.” She stared at Zellis with her penetrating brown eyes. “Was it the same?”
 
Zellis nodded, blushing slightly with shame. “It was just a bad dream, that's all. I didn't mean to wake either of you.” She stood up and walked across the room, pulling a thick purple robe from her wardrobe. After slipping it on, she made her way to the door. “It's almost morning, so I'm just going to get cleaned up and make sure Dorian is awake. It wouldn't do to have him oversleep on his first day as fill-in Emperor, would it?”
 
Rika and Kirien both nodded, but after Zellis left, they exchanged concerned glances. Rika simply shrugged and left, leaving Kirien alone in the once again darkened chamber. The Genjin's eyes narrowed, remembering Zellis' first word upon awakening.
 
“Tempest,” she repeated, eyes widening with disbelief. “Tempest…”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
The ship approached Tiris.
 
From space, the moon looked lifeless and uninhabitable, a pale blue orb that simply drifted in a set course around the larger, lush orb that was planet Heva. Miura found it hard to believe that, if Mylember could indeed be trusted, there were six ancient objects here that would summon a god. As if reading his thoughts, Trunks spoke.
 
“He had no reason to lie, right?” The purple-haired Saiyan looked at Miura out of the corner of his eye. “I mean, what good would it do him to lie about this, when he was dying anyway? Did he think that by giving us this information we'd spare his life?” He closed his eyes and shook his head. “I pray that it wasn't a mistake to come here…”
 
“Having second thoughts?” Iris teased, walking to stand beside the half-Saiyan from Earth. “Look at the place,” she continued, gesturing toward the rapidly approaching moon. “What could possibly be down there to cause us any trouble?” She smiled at Trunks, and Miura was amused to realize that the green-eyed Hunter had taken a liking to the young warrior. “We'll get the relics, make your wish, and go home. Simple as that, right Miura?”
 
The Galdrian Emperor didn't respond, he only continued to stare out the large, round window at Tiris. I hope you're right, Iris, he thought, feeling a strange chill travel down his spine. But I suddenly have a bad feeling about this…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Miura, Hanzo, Clef, Trunks, and Iris exited the ship.
 
Upon landing, Trunks had run a scan on the atmosphere of Tiris, and the party was relieved to find out that the air would be breathable. Once all five of them had left the ship, they took a moment to survey their surroundings.
 
Tiris was a wasteland of pale blue sand and large, sinister looking outcroppings of jet black stone. The temperature was cold, nearly as frigid as Neth had been, and random, powerful gusts of wind blew storms of dust and sand across the barren landscape. Far away on the horizon Miura could make out the forms of what appeared to be buildings, though from this distance it was hard to tell.
 
“What a dump,” Hanzo muttered, kicking at the cold blue ground. “I swear, if Mylember was lying I will personally pull him back from whatever level of hell he now inhabits and kill him again!”
 
“I think we should head for those ruins,” Clef said, ignoring Hanzo's bad attitude. “If nothing else, at least we can make sure that we're really alone on this rock.” He looked to Miura, who nodded agreement. He shouldn't have come, the Namekian bodyguard thought. If anything happens to him, Elysia—
 
“It wasn't always so depressing here, or so they say,” a voice said from near the ship. Standing behind Miura and the others was a young man, looking to be about twenty years old or so, leaning calmly against the side of their space craft. His white-blond hair hung down to his shoulders, except in the back, where a longer ponytail reached mid-back. Intelligent blue eyes stared intently at the travelers, as if searching their features for something unknown. The blond stranger was clothed in a simple outfit of black and silver, with a long grey jacket that hung down to his ankles. His ungloved hands showed a number of expensive looking rings, and his feet were covered in a pair of sturdy black boots. Over all, the mysterious young man looked quite stunning.
 
“Who are you?” Clef asked, taking up a defensive position in front of Miura. The half-Saiyan raised an eyebrow as Trunks and Iris took up similar stances around him, obviously ready to shield him from harm if need be. Hanzo remained apart, standing off to the side with his arms crossed, an arrogant smirk on his face.
 
“I don't really know the specifics,” the young man continued, pointedly ignoring Clef's question. “But at some point in our long and dignified history, a battle of epic proportions was said to have been fought here.” He shrugged, gesturing with his right hand to the wasteland around them. “A shame, really. This place has so much potential.”
 
“A battle?” Miura asked, his curiosity now piqued. “What kind of battle could have decimated this entire moon?” He walked silently past his three guardians, making his way straight for the blond young stranger. “My name is Arius Miura de Galdri, Emperor of Galdria, and I come here in search of the legendary relics that are said to be found on this moon. It is my wish to see the friends and family of my companion Trunks, Prince of the Saiyans, restored to life.” Miura then knelt before the blue-eyed man, bowing his head low in a sign of respect.
 
The young man was silent for a moment before placing his hand on Miura's shoulder. “Stand, Lord Arius, for such a show of humility is not required here. My name is Talyn, and I have been instructed by the High Council of Heva to reside here on Tiris, to guard those very relics you seek.”
 
Clef, Trunks, and Iris relaxed a little, but the three of them remained wary of this young man. After their confrontation with Mylember, it would be a long time before any of them felt completely comfortable around a Hevan.
 
Hanzo narrowed his eyes slightly at his half-brother's show of respect. What a fool, he thought, clenching his fists. Spouting off his title like it will make any kind of difference. And to bow before a piece of weakling Hevan garbage like this… Disgusting.
 
“Come with me, my Lords,” Talyn said, beckoning for Miura and Trunks to follow him as he walked off into the wasteland. “Your servants are welcome to come also, if you feel it is necessary, though I swear to you that your lives are in good hands. We must discuss this request of yours in more detail.”
 
“Where are we going?” Trunks asked, casting a bewildered glance at Miura. “Do you think we should follow or not?” he whispered to the Galdrian Emperor, who watched silently as Talyn continued to walk away.
 
After a brief moment, Miura nodded and indicated that Hanzo, Clef, and Iris should accompany them. “Stay close, everyone,” he said softly as they set off after the young Hevan. “And keep a sharp eye out for trouble.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
The dreams came again.
 
Zellis walked silently through the cemetery as the palace and city burned behind her. She held a single black rose in her hand, clutching it tightly and ignoring the pain as thorns pierced her soft skin. Blood ran from her hands and down her forearms, dripping to the ground, yet still she walked, driven by some external force. She could hear other people behind her, weeping quietly and stumbling over their own feet as they marched forward, lost in their own private misery.
 
What's happening? Zellis thought as she approached the royal family's final resting place. It was here that all previous rulers of Galdria were laid to rest, along with their families. How long has it been, she silently asked herself, since I was last here? Since Gilliam and Pheris were buried? Since my mother died? Nearly a year, she realized. It had been nearly a year since Galian was defeated and peace had returned to the planet. But that peace was now broken.
 
The funeral procession stopped before a new grave, one that had not been here during Zellis' last visit. Her breath caught in her throat as she saw the holographic image projected from the gravestone.
 
Miura! she screamed silently, her outburst of emotion accompanied by a loud explosion in the city, and the heart wrenching cries of the dying and injured. She fell to her knees before her brother's grave, crying tears that felt too thick as they ran down her face. Blood. Tears of blood. A strong hand gripped her shoulder, and she shuddered as the voice echoed throughout the night around her.
 
THE TIME IS NEAR, CHILD OF MY ADVERSARIES. YOUR HOME, AND THE HOMES OF YOUR ALLIES, WILL BURN IN THE FLAMES OF MY WRATH. NEVER AGAIN WILL I BE LOCKED AWAY BY WEAK COWARDS, COWARDS WHO ARE POWERLESS AGAINST THE FULL EXTENT OF MY FURY. MY RAGE AND HATRED WILL CRASH DOWN UPON YOU LIKE A TEMPEST.” The grip on Zellis' shoulder tightened, causing her to mentally cry out in pain. She felt the terrible presence behind her, yet she could not turn to face it. Fingers broke through her skin and continued to squeeze her shoulder tighter and tighter, causing her bones to crack and splinter, flooding her body with agony.
 
THE THREE RACES WILL SUFFER FOR THEIR SHORT-LIVED VICTORY AGAINST ME. SOON I WILL RETURN, AND THEIR CRIES OF TERROR AND PAIN WILL ECHO THROUGOUT THE UNIVERSES. THEY WILL PAY.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Kirien held the weeping noblewoman.
 
For the second time in two weeks, Zellis had woken up screaming, nearly hysterical this time. Kirien did her best to comfort the frightened young woman, but to no avail. She continued to sob against the Genjin ambassador's chest, body shaking uncontrollably, whispering Miura's name between cries of anguish.
 
“Shhh,” Kirien whispered, stroking Zellis' long, dark-green hair. “You must be calm, Zellis. Please, you're going to have the whole palace in an uproar soon if you don't quiet down.” She closed her eyes and concentrated, causing a pale aura of light to surround the grief-stricken Galdrian. Almost immediately Zellis' body stilled, and her weeping slowly subsided.
 
“Miura,” Zellis whimpered. “The fire, the planet is burning.” Her eyes, which had been wide with fear, now slowly closed as peace began to overcome her. “Don't die. Please don't die, Miura.” Kirien let out a sigh of relief as Zellis lapsed back into sleep, but not before mumbling one final word, barely audible. “Tempest…” the Galdrian noblewoman whispered before drifting off to sleep.
 
Afraid to wake the exhausted young woman, Kirien simply remained on the floor, holding Zellis in her arms like a child. Sleep never came for the Genjin.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Dawn came slowly.
 
The pale light of early morning shone dimly through the council chamber's single window, illuminating the small room with a soft glow. Zellis, Kirien, Gabriel, and Dorian sat around the round table, their faces masks of solemnity.
 
Upon waking just two short hours ago, Kirien had insisted that Zellis reveal the grave details of her persisting nightmares. The young Genjin woman requested the presence of Dorian and his son, also, though Elysia was left out of this private discussion. Why worry her? Kirien thought to herself, remembering Zellis' fleeting comment about Miura's death the night before. They are only dreams, after all. Hopefully…
 
The old Prince and his half-human son had sat in silent terror as Zellis recounted the dreams that had plagued her for the last several months. As when the former Hunter had finished, she stood and walked to the window, looking down upon the gardens that Elysia had struggled so hard to replant.
 
“Zellis,” Dorian began after regaining his composure. “Why didn't you bring these nightmares to our attention sooner?” Gabriel nodded agreement with his father's question, his eyes full of concern.
 
“I'm sorry,” she responded, remaining at the window. “I just thought they were dreams, that's all.” Zellis shuddered as fragments of the nightmares flooded momentarily into her mind. “But the last two were so… so real.”
 
“This isn't good,” Kirien said, speaking for the first time since her friend had finished recounting the dreams. “I fear that something awful is about to happen.” She stood and walked over to the window, placing an arm around Zellis' shoulders. “These nightmares… I think they were premonitions. You described the environment of the moon you were on as cold and arid, covered in shifting blue sands, correct?” The green-haired Galdrian nodded, her eyes full of bewilderment. “I believe that it was Tiris, the same moon that Miura and the others have journeyed to. The planet that you saw in the sky was must have been Heva.” Zellis gasped as Kirien continued.
 
“Dorian, you and Gabriel should remain here, in case something does happen. Lady Zellis and I are leaving immediately. We have to reach Tiris before it's too late.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
 
The first three relics had been found.
 
After nearly two weeks of consideration, Talyn had finally permitted Miura and his companions to seek out the artifacts, which happened to be the broken pieces of a life-sized statue; so far they had collected the right arm, left leg, and torso. The first two pieces had been found in the ruins of two separate temples, nearly eighty miles away from each other. The third had also been found in the ruins of a building that may have also been a temple at some point in time. As Talyn led the travelers to the fourth piece, they were attacked.
 
Out of nowhere, a barrage of energy exploded around the warriors, forcing Miura, who had been carrying Iris, to the ground. Talyn and Hanzo landed beside the young half-Saiyan, but Trunks and Clef remained caught in the maelstrom of power. After setting Iris down, Miura immediately flew back into the air, determined to save his two companions. Hanzo had a different plan in mind.
 
He dashed straight ahead, clearing a dune of blue sand and coming face to face with their assailant. The stranger gasped in surprise as Hanzo collided with him, knocking him back several feet and breaking his concentration on the attack. As the display of power in the sky above dissipated, Miura managed to grab a hold of his two dazed allies, lowering them gently to the ground.
 
Hanzo glared at his opponent, taking in every detail that he could. The man was fairly nondescript, dressed in a plain grey jumpsuit and black over-cloak. His hair was cut short, and was a dark shade of brown, nearly black, streaked with a small amount of silver. His eyes were grey-green, and his skin was slightly darker than average. A beard of black and silver covered the bottom part of his face, and he stood perhaps three or four inches taller than Hanzo himself. He met the Saiyan's glare with one of his own, slowly assuming a fighting stance.
 
Miura, Trunks, and Clef landed beside Hanzo, who refused to take his attention away from his opponent. The mysterious warrior stood his ground, unafraid of the four enemies in front of him.
 
“Hand over the relics,” he ordered in a deep, powerful voice. “You have no idea what you're doing, fools!” He took a single step forward, clenching his fists. “Give them to me, and I will let you leave this god forsaken rock alive. Resist and I will be forced to make you suffer.”
 
“I think not, friend,” Hanzo replied with a smirk. “We've come a long way to get these damned chunks of stone, and I'm not about to let you stop us. If you could stop us, that is.” He looked at Miura out of the corner of his eye, flashing him a cocky grin. “Little brother, go with Clef and help Iris and Talyn get the rest of those relics. Trunks and I should have no problem breaking this old man.”
 
Miura nodded agreement, and soon he and Clef had rejoined Talyn and Iris atop a nearby sand dune. The four companions took to the air in search of the next relic while Trunks and Hanzo faced off against the grey-clad stranger.
 
“Tell us who you are and what you want,” Trunks demanded as a well of golden energy rushed up around him, blowing his long purple hair around his face. “If you cooperate, we'll let you live. If not,” the half-Saiyan didn't finish the thought, shrugging as he reached his Ascended Saiyan state, along with Hanzo.
 
“Impressive powers,” the dark-haired man said with a slight smile. “But not nearly enough to beat me.” Without so much as a grunt of exertion, the mysterious assailant called forth a tremendous amount of power, which gathered around him in an aura of unnatural strength that made the two Saiyans' flesh crawl. “There is no one in this universe that can stand against the power of a fully trained Genjin warrior.” His power continued to grow as the ground around him shook, kicking up clouds of blue sand. “My name is Kalen. And you are about to die.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Tiris filled the view screen as the ship moved closer.
 
Zellis and Kirien stood in the control room of their small space craft, staring intently at the pale blue moon before them. The journey had taken nearly two weeks, and Zellis and remained silent and grim the entire time, convinced that her nightmares had indeed been premonitions. Rather than spend the time making idle chit chat or asking redundant questions, Kirien had also spent the trip in quiet contemplation, praying that their fears were unfounded.
 
The Genjin ambassador was startled when Zellis reached out and took her hand, clutching it tightly in her own cold and trembling grip. Kirien looked over, noticing that the Galdrian's gaze remained fixed on the view screen before her, face pale and wet with tears. The young Genjin woman gave Zellis' hand a reassuring squeeze, trying her best to comfort Miura's frightened sister.
 
“Everything will be fine, precious Lady,” Kirien said softly. But in her heart, she knew it was a lie.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
The right leg and the head were now in their possession.
 
Miura and the others flew as fast as possible to their next destination, trying to ignore the powerful energy signatures coming from the battlefield behind them. That man's power feels strangely familiar, Miura thought to himself as he followed Talyn, carrying Iris with him. And I can't believe how strong he feels now. Trunks, Hanzo… Be careful.
 
“Here it is,” Talyn said as he descended into a large crater. At some point in the distant past, a building situated precariously on the edge of the crater must have fallen in, because the ground around them was littered with the rubble and broken stone work of another temple. “It's here somewhere,” the young Heva said as he dropped to his knees and began digging.
 
Miura followed his example, determined to find the last piece. Clef approached and knelt down beside the Galdrian ruler, his eyes narrowed with concern.
 
“Miura, do you recognize the power being used by that man?” he asked quietly. When Miura didn't respond, the Namekian bodyguard continued. “I've felt energy like that before. Around Kirien.”
 
Miura stiffened in surprise, realizing that Clef was right. The energy being used by their mysterious attacker was the same alien, disconcerting power that emanated from Kirien's body. Power that made Miura's hair stand on end whenever she was near. Genjin power.
 
“Clef, that guy's a Genjin!” the half-Galdrian exclaimed. His Namekian companion nodded agreement as he continued to dig around in the debris. “Trunks and Hanzo can't beat him alone, not with a power like that.” Before Clef could respond, he was interrupted by Iris, who cried out in happiness.
 
“I found it!” she shouted, struggling to pull the final relic, the left arm, out from a pile of rubble that refused to surrender it. Talyn walked over and easily freed the artifact from the grasp of the debris, holding it victoriously over his head.
 
“That's it,” Miura said, his voice filled with awe. “We finally have all six of them.” He looked Clef in the eyes before smiling slightly. “Let's get this over with now. For Trunks.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Kalen's strength was phenomenal.
 
The battle raged on as the two Ascended Saiyan warriors went blow for blow against the powerful Genjin. Each time Trunks or Hanzo attacked, Kalen easily countered, effortlessly maintaining his dominance over the two weakening Saiyans. Whenever one of the Genjin's attacks made contact, his victim's body was flooded with pain, as if Kalen's very touch was deadly. During a brief respite, Trunks and Hanzo tried to formulate a plan of attack.
 
“Bastard,” Hanzo growled, spitting blood and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. One of the Saiyan warrior's eyes was now swollen completely shut, and his black jumpsuit was torn to shreds. “I'm spent, Trunks,” he admitted grudgingly, trying desperately to maintain his Ascended Saiyan transformation. “But look at him, the smug ass. He's barely even winded. Damn!” With an explosion of power, Hanzo dashed toward his opponent, obviously letting his emotions get the better of him.
 
“Hanzo, no!” Trunks shouted, reaching out for his ally too late. “What an idiot,” the warrior from Earth cursed as blood ran down his face from an open wound in his forehead. After taking a brief moment to gather more energy, the son of Vegeta rejoined the battle just in time to watch Hanzo get crushed.
 
Kalen easily sidestepped the enraged Saiyan's suicide charge, waiting until Hanzo was right next to him before he went on the offensive. Kalen spun around lightning fast, bringing his knee up into Hanzo's ribs, smiling as he heard the satisfying sound of breaking bones. Miura's brother screamed in agony as Kalen grabbed him by the back of the head, painfully wrenching his neck back to look him in the eyes.
 
“You should have left well enough alone,” the warrior from Genji whispered menacingly, spitting in Hanzo's face. “Now you'll pay for your arrogance.” Seemingly without effort, Kalen threw his opponent high into the air while gathering two enormous blasts of energy, one in each hand. He shouted in rage as he launched two attacks at Hanzo, illuminating the entire area in an eerie green light. The first blast hit its mark, and Hanzo let out an ear-shattering shriek as his broken body was engulfed in the full fury of Kalen's attack. Trunks arrived just in time to deflect the second.
 
The Saiyan from Earth materialized between his suffering ally and Kalen's next devastating attack. With all of his strength, Trunks knocked the blast away, feeling the shock run all the way up his arm. Devoid now of his golden aura, Hanzo fell, making no sound as he struck the arid blue ground below. Trunks' relief at saving his comrade was short lived, however, as Kalen rushed toward him, prepared to finish this battle once and for all. The young half-Saiyan could feel his energy slipping, and he instantly knew that he was in over his head.
 
The Genjin easily broke through Trunks' weakening defense, and he unleashed a series of punishing physical blows against the Saiyan. Trunks cried out in pain as he smashed into the dusty terrain of Tiris, feeling sheer terror when Kalen landed calmly in front of him, still as strong as he had been when the battle began.
 
He pointed his hand at Trunks' face, prepared to unleash one final attack. A strange tingling rushed through the young half-Saiyan's body as Kalen's hand began to glow. The Genjin's powerful aura flared slightly as he called upon more and more power, more than enough to destroy Trunks. But before the attack was fired, Kalen stopped. Trunks looked up, surprised to see Kalen's attention drawn away from him.
 
“No! They've recovered all six pieces!” he exclaimed, turning to look at Trunks once again. The terror that had overcome Kalen's features sent chills through the purple-haired Saiyan's body. He instantly knew that something was wrong. “Your foolish act of obstinacy has cost all of us our lives!” he shouted at Trunks. “Tempest is coming!” Suddenly, with a burst of energy, Kalen took to the air, streaking across the sky like a bolt of pure light.
 
“Tempest?” Trunks whispered before drifting off into darkness.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
The relics pulsed with a faint white light.
 
“Have… have you ever done this before?” Iris asked quietly, unable to look away from the glowing artifacts. “I mean… is this what's supposed to happen?” Talyn seemed as mesmerized by the display as the Hunter herself was, his blue eyes wide with amazement.
 
“I don't think anyone has actually been permitted to gather these relics before,” the young Hevan finally responded. “As far as I know, nobody else's reasons were deemed worthy enough. This is a momentous occasion indeed.”
 
Miura and Clef remained dubiously silent, trying to ignore the deep sense of foreboding that had gripped them. The half-Saiyan glanced at his Namekian friend, seeing his own expression of apprehension reflected in Clef's stern features. The pulsing nimbus of light around the statue pieces grew brighter, illuminating the four companions in a soft haze of white energy that made their blood run cold.
 
“Something's wrong,” Miura gasped. But it was too late. With an explosion of power, all four warriors were temporarily blinded. From somewhere within the fierce conflagration of energy, a chilling and sinister laugh could be heard.
 
A god had been summoned.
 
To be continued…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
In the next chapter:
 
The relics have been gathered together, and a god is summoned. But will he grant Trunks'wish, or does he have an agenda of his own?
 
Dragon Ball: Chaotic Future
Chapter 14
Mad God Saga, Part III
“Doomsday.”
 
 
 
“DRAGON BALL: CHAOTIC FUTURE” CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT FANFICTION.NET, POJO.COM, AND DBZDIMENSION.COM
 
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE “CHAOTIC FUTURE” HOMEPAGE AT:
WWW.FREEWEBS.COM/CHAOTICFUTURE