Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Ball: Chaotic Future ❯ Chapter 14: Doomsday ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I DO NOT OWN DRAGON BALL Z OR ANY RACES, PLANETS, OR CHARACTERS RELATED TO IT. GALDRIA, HEVA, TIRIS, IQUELA, MIURA, ZELLIS, SETH, CLEF, HANZO, TWILIGHT AND ALL RELATED CHARACTERS, RACES, OR PLANETS WERE ALL CREATED BY ME.
 
 
Dragon Ball:
Chaotic Future
 
CHAPTER 14
 
Mad God Saga, Part III
“Doomsday.”
 
 
 
The storm of energy finally died down.
 
Miura, Clef, Iris, and Talyn blinked tears from their eyes, trying to let their damaged vision return. Through the haze, Miura could make out the form of a large man standing where the six relics had been only moments before. The very air around the four stunned companions was thick with power, causing the half-Galdrian's body to tremble involuntarily with fear.
 
What is this? he thought, trying to push down a nearly overwhelming sense of panic. He wiped sweat from his forehead, ignoring the shaking of his hand. Can this really be real? Finally his vision cleared enough for him to make out the forms of his friends, who appeared to be in the same state of terrified awe that he was. Clef was actually on his knees, body shuddering and face dripping with the cold sweat of fear. Iris and Talyn seemed to be speechless, their pale countenances and wide eyes expressing their own feelings of astonishment.
 
“Talyn,” Miura rasped, surprised by how much his voice trembled. “What next?” He glanced over at the stunned Hevan, who had yet to snap out of his startled daze. “Talyn!” the former Hunter shouted, finally gaining the young blond warrior's attention. “What do we do now?”
 
“I… I'm not sure,” he responded, staring at Miura with wide, tear-filled blue eyes. “I guess we just… I don't know, maybe ask him to grant our wish?” He looked back at where the artifacts had been assembled, still unable to make out the features of the being who had been summoned. “I'll do it,” he said quietly, clenching his fists in determination. “As keeper of the relics, it is my duty, after all.”
 
“Be careful,” Clef uttered as Talyn slowly approached the supposed god. “Miura,” he whispered to his companion, “this is wrong. Don't you feel it? This energy around us is not benign at all.” He shook his head and staggered to his feet, assisted by Iris. “It feels so destructive…”
 
Miura agreed, but it was now too late to turn back. As Talyn neared the being of immense power, a terrifying thought struck the Emperor of Galdria. What it Mylember planned this? His stomach twisted and he nearly collapsed to his knees as he considered the possible repercussions of this journey. Was he really so mad that he would wish this terrible power unleashed upon us? Impossible.
 
“Hear me, god of the relics!” Talyn shouted in a trembling voice. He had come to the edge of a large crater, which must have formed during the explosion of power caused by the artifacts. Floating in the center of the crater was the “god” himself, now clearly visible as the last remnants of the blinding storm finally dissipated.
 
The being that had been called forth was immense, at least a foot taller than Clef, who was the tallest among Miura's current group. His broad shoulders were heavily muscled, as were his arms and legs. A pale face unnervingly devoid of expression was relatively plain, other than the deep, jet black eyes. The god's silver-blue hair spiked straight out in every direction, reminding Miura of Trunks' own hair when he reached his Ascended Saiyan form. A long gray cape and simple gray, skin tight jumpsuit that covered both hands and feet were the supposed god's only garments, unmarked and undecorated. He stared coldly down at Talyn, who attempted to remain firm and commanding despite his obvious fear.
 
“You have been called forth to bestow upon us one wish of our choosing,” the young Hevan declared, his voice no longer afraid. He crossed his arms over his chest, narrowing blue eyes as he attempted to stare down the mysterious being. “What have you to say?”
 
The massive god grinned maliciously, showing rows of perfect white teeth. A quiet laugh escaped him as he floated downward, coming nearly face to face with Talyn. Miura was impressed by the Hevan's resolve, for he refused to back down, even in the presence of such immense power.
 
“What have I to say?” he said quietly in a distant sounding voice. Miura, Iris, Clef, and even Talyn gasped, for the very voice of this supposed god sent jolts of physical pain through their bodies. “I say that I am no man's servant.” Suddenly, the blond Hevan warrior burst into flames, screaming in agony as he threw himself to the ground where he writhed about in utter pain.
 
“Talyn!” Iris shouted, preparing to run to the dying young man's side. Miura reached out and caught her arm in a firm grasp. She turned to look at her long time friend, seeing his features shadowed by absolute terror. “Miura…”
 
“Iris, get the hell out of here,” he whispered sharply, his entire body shuddering with fear. “You have to get to the ship, understand? You have to leave this place before it's too late!” Iris tried to argue, but the young Emperor merely tightened his grip on her arm. “Now!” She nodded once, shocked by the commanding tone of Miura's voice. She looked to Clef, who nodded agreement with his half-Saiyan ally.
 
“Be careful,” she begged before running off in the general direction of the ship, which was still where they had originally landed. It will take me hours to get there, she thought, cursing Miura and Clef. And what difference does it make, anyway? None of us will make it off this place alive…
 
Miura watched with relief as Iris retreated from what was undoubtedly about to become a battlefield. His attention was immediately drawn back to the god, who had begun laughing again.
 
“And where does she think she's going?” he asked, ascending higher into the air as a faint aura of flickering, multi-colored power sprung up around his massive body. “You're not getting away that easily!” he shouted, causing the ground to tremble with only the power of his voice. Miura gasped in disbelief as the mysterious being pointed one hand forward, firing a blast of incredible power toward the auburn-haired Hunter.
 
“Iris, no!” the half-Galdrian screamed, watching in sickened horror as the young woman was engulfed in an explosion of destructive power. “God, no!” Miura had to be restrained by Clef as he attempted to run into the storm of energy, unwilling to believe that his dear friend had been wiped out instantly by this impossibly powerful being who was said to be a god.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Kalen saw the explosion.
 
The Genjin warrior cursed himself for a fool, realizing that Tempest had indeed been summoned here. I should have gathered the relics sooner, he thought as he flew as quickly as possible toward the devastating power he felt in the distance. What were these fools thinking; didn't they know what would happen?! If only I'd been able to secure the damned things
 
Suddenly, from the direction of Tempest's power, two more energy signatures sprang into being. Both were fairly powerful, though not in comparison to the god's own frightening strength, and one was strikingly similar to the two warriors Kalen had just dispatched. Another Saiyan? I guess they're not as extinct as everyone believes them to be.
 
The battle was already under way when the Genjin arrived. He watched in silent awe for a moment as two warriors, one obviously a Super Saiyan and the other appearing to be a Namekian, tried in vain to destroy Tempest, who continued to laugh as he toyed with his struggling opponents. Kalen narrowed his pale eyes as he debated whether or not to assist the two overwrought warriors. After observing for another moment, his mind was made up.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Miura was blind with rage.
 
He tore through the air toward his overpowering opponent, the golden-yellow aura of a Super Saiyan streaking behind him. His green eyes were filled with tears of anger and sorrow, and he clenched his teeth to hold back a cry of hopelessness.
 
Iris and Talyn were dead. He and Clef were probably next. Trunks and Hanzo may have already been killed by the mysterious Genjin. It was hopeless. How could anyone possibly defeat a god?
 
With Clef at his side, Miura clashed with the mad god, his mind reeling with dizziness as he made physical contact. The very energy emitted by this being was enough to disorient and weaken, and Miura had to struggle to continue fighting. Every punch was blocked, every kick was dodged, and every energy blast was easily deflected. Neither Miura nor Clef was able to land a single blow against the supposed god, who remained on the defensive as he taunted and laughed at his weaker adversaries.
 
The two warriors, already feeling exhausted from their fruitless battle, landed on the arid blue ground below, panting and covered in sweat. The god floated down slowly, until he hovered scarcely a foot above the ground, arms crossed in arrogance as he glared cruelly at his two opponents with his soulless black eyes. Suddenly an immense beam of glowing emerald force collided with the mysterious being, completely surrounding him in an impenetrable storm of pulsing energy.
 
Miura and Clef were stunned when Kalen landed beside them, his face set in a mask of determination. “He won't be occupied for long,” the Genjin man said, turning his hard gaze on Clef and Miura. “Our only chance is to get out of here. Tempest can't be defeated in battle. We'd only be throwing our lives away…”
 
“Tempest,” Miura repeated, glaring into the inferno of energy that raged around the mad god. “So that's his name, huh?” The ruler of Galdria turned his cold green eyes on Kalen, who stood right beside him. “What have you done with Hanzo and Trunks?” he asked, clenching his fists in anger. “Where are they?” When the Genjin didn't respond, it was Clef who spoke.
 
“You've killed them!” the Namekian exclaimed, his eyes wide with disbelief. Kalen kept his attention focused on the storm of power before him, remaining silent. “Do have any idea what you've done?!”
 
“Do you!?” Kalen shouted, spinning around to face Clef and Miura, who flinched at the power in his voice. “If you hadn't gotten in my way, this would never have happened! You have no idea what has been unleashed upon us today, Namek!” He took a step forward, eyes blazing with fury. “I warned you not to use the relics! This is all your—” The Genjin's accusation remained unfinished.
 
Tempest was suddenly among the three warriors, whose senses began to reel from such close proximity to the apparent god. With one sweep of his hand, Tempest unleashed a wave of fearsome power against his opponents, who were immediately blown back off their feet. He smiled wickedly as he picked his next target.
 
Clef sensed Tempest's approach too late, and he cried out in agony as the mad god lashed out with a bone crushing combination of strikes meant to permanently disable the Namekian bodyguard. Clef was brutally kicked aside as Tempest dashed toward his next victim, Kalen.
 
Surprisingly, the Genjin was able to block the god's first several attacks, which only enraged Tempest even more. Both combatants took to the air, exchanging minor blows. Kalen, confidence bolstered by his ability to stand against the mysterious supernatural being, suddenly went on the offensive, assisted by Miura, who had just recovered from his initial shock at Tempest's assault. Despite the combined power of the Genjin and Super Saiyan warriors, the god easily dispatched both of them with a simple discharge of alien energy. Waves of power exploded outward from Tempest's multihued aura, sending Miura and Kalen plummeting into the sandy blue wastes below.
 
With Miura, Clef, and Kalen out of commission, it was Hanzo and Trunks' turn to face off against the mad god. The two Saiyan warriors, weakened from their earlier confrontation with Kalen, arrived at the battleground just in time to see Miura and Kalen collide with the ground, kicking up an immense cloud of blue dust and debris. Hanzo, who was barely able to sustain his Super Saiyan power, was the first to make contact with Tempest.
 
With a scream of exertion, Hanzo attempted to shatter Tempest's jaw with a punishing right hook. With a flash of golden Super Saiyan energy, Miura's older brother put all of his strength into the hit, which never even made contact. Tempest, moving with a speed that bordered on precognition, seemed to materialize behind Hanzo, pulling his leg back for a kick that was meant to take the exhausted Super Saiyan's head from his shoulders. Fortunately for Hanzo, Tempest's attack failed to connect also.
 
Trunks, who had been gathering energy while Hanzo launched his desperate assault, finally unleashed his devastating attack. With both hands outstretched before him, the Saiyan Prince fired a blast of unmatched power at the mad god. Forced to choose between Hanzo's demise and his own defense, Tempest growled in frustration and turned his attention to Trunks' shining golden ki attack.
 
So, he thinks he's going to block it, huh? Hanzo thought, enraged that Tempest was able to avoid his punch so easily. We'll see about that! As Trunks' beam of destruction approached, Hanzo flew higher into the air, completely unnoticed by Tempest, who was focused solely on Trunks' gambit. The god thrust both of his hands forward, prepared to stop the energy blast that tore through the air.
 
“Take this!” Hanzo shouted, putting all of his remaining power into a blast of his own, which descended quickly down upon Tempest. The supposed deity noticed Hanzo's blast too late, and he was silently caught in the attack's explosive power. It was then that Trunks' blast also made contact, illuminating the dark sky of Tiris in a bright flash of discharged energy. Hanzo, no longer strong enough to sustain his Super Saiyan power, fell to the ground, laughing as he did so.
 
“So, that was the `terrible' god, huh?” He grunted in pain as he struck the unyielding blue wasteland. “Not so bad after all…”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Zellis watched in terror.
 
Even from space, the flash of light from Trunks' attack was clearly visible, and the ship shuddered violently in the aftermath. Kirien's golden eyes narrowed as she watched the view screen, her stomach twisting with fear.
 
We're too late, she thought as she supported Zellis, who had nearly fallen during the tremor. Should we just turn back now, and pray that Tempest doesn't follow us? She looked at her companion, surprised to see the young noblewoman's expression of determination.
 
“We have to hurry, Kirien,” Zellis whispered, eyes wide as she observed the continuing display of blinding light that played across the surface of Tiris. “They need us down there…”
 
“Of course,” the Genjin representative replied, feeling her own confidence increase with Zellis' example. “We'll do everything we can, my Lady.” She put her arm around the Galdrian's trembling shoulders, smiling reassuringly.
 
Zellis stared intently at the monitor, bright green eyes dry of tears. It's not too late, she thought fiercely. She clenched her fists and pushed her fears aside, replaced by determination to help her adopted-brother. It can't be too late…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Tempest remained unscathed.
 
Unable now to maintain his Ascended Saiyan power, Trunks was forced to battle the mad god alone and at a serious disadvantage. Even with his impressive Super Saiyan strength, Trunks was getting battered by Tempest, who showed no signs of exhaustion despite the length of time he'd been fighting. Miura, Clef, Kalen, and Hanzo had already fallen before the deity's unfathomable power. Trunks knew that he would be next.
 
“Finished already?” Tempest asked scornfully as Trunks retreated in hopes of gaining a moment of respite. “I can't honestly believe that you are the best that this universe has to offer now. Absolutely embarrassing.” He floated in the air a mere ten feet away from Trunks, who looked desperately to the ground below, praying that one of his companions would be able to assist him.
 
I can't beat this guy, the Saiyan Prince thought as sweat ran down his dirty and bloodied face. What have I done? I should have known that Mylember couldn't be trusted. It's all over now… Suddenly Trunks' eyes narrowed as he thought of his father. What was running through his mind before the androids killed him? Did he feel the same way as me? No. The exhausted Super Saiyan couldn't fathom a time when his father, Vegeta, Prince of the Saiyans, would ever just give up. He'd be so ashamed of me!
 
With a cry of rage, Trunks flew toward Tempest, determined to defeat the god or die trying. The immensely powerful villain smiled at his opponent's newfound strength, and he laughed as Trunks crashed into his ironclad defense. Blow after blow from the young half-Saiyan was blocked as Tempest toyed with him, insulting and degrading him time and time again. Yet Trunks refused to give up, even after the shimmering nimbus of golden Super Saiyan energy left him.
 
Just as he was about to faint from exertion, Trunks felt a power level burst upward from the ground below, followed by another, and even another after that. He disengaged himself from his hopeless battle with Tempest as Clef, Hanzo, and Kalen rushed past him, determined to destroy the supposed divinity once and for all.
 
The three warriors were a blur of blue, yellow, and pulsing jade light as they struggled against Tempest's unreal power. Namekian, Super Saiyan, and Genjin energy charged the air around Trunks, and the half-human warrior floated gently to the ground below as his last reserves of strength finally left him. Before he drifted off into darkness, however, he felt another power signature kneel down beside him.
 
“Miura,” Trunks whispered, smiling in relief at seeing his friend alive. “Forgive me…”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
The sky of Tiris was rent in a frightening display of power.
 
Clef used all of his impressive power to lash out against the mad god, who simply brushed the Namekian's bone-shattering kick aside while single-handedly defending against Kalen and Hanzo simultaneously. A punishing uppercut meant for Tempest's jaw never made contact as the horrifying deity brought his leg up, kicking Kalen solidly in the right temple. Hanzo was next, and his own attack, a pointblank burst of pure Super Saiyan energy, was ignored all together. As the blast struck Tempest's chest, the god let loose with a thunderous backhanded blow to Hanzo's face, shattering the Saiyan warrior's nose in an explosion of blood.
 
“Hanzo!” Clef shouted, attempting to rush to his companion's rescue. Tempest, however, had other plans for the valiant Namekian. As Clef flew toward Hanzo, the supposed god let out an earth-shattering scream, willing his aura of multicolored energy to explode outward. The warrior from Namek, along with his two allies, was swept away in the tumultuous discharge, and they all lost sight of Tempest.
 
Kalen was the first to feel the mad god's wrath. The Genjin gasped in surprise as Tempest materialized behind him, nearly crushing his spine with a well placed blow. Kalen cried out in pain and clenched his eyes shut when the mysterious being wrenched his head back with a handful of hair, stretching the Genjin's neck almost to the breaking point. Tempest continued to pull back until Kalen was unable to breath, and with a growl of malice he brought one massive elbow down into the bearded warrior's abdomen.
 
Clef heard the Genjin's strangled yell of agony, but it was too late for him to do anything. Tempest chose the green-skinned warrior as his next victim, rushing at him in a blinding display of multihued power. Clef saw the blow coming at him in slow motion, and he was unable to put up any kind of defense. Tempest raised both hands above him before bringing them down like a bolt of lighting on Clef's unprotected head. Unfortunately for the Namek, Tempest wasn't finished yet. Before Clef had even begun to fall, the mad god unleashed a spinning kick that shattered the Namekian's ribs and sent him plummeting to the arid blue wasteland below.
 
Hanzo proved to be more trouble than Tempest had bargained for. As the evil divinity sought the Super Saiyan out as his next target, it was Hanzo who struck. Tempest was caught completely off guard as the black-clad warrior rushed up at him from below, striking out at him with a fierce and unpredictable combination of punches and kicks. Hanzo grinned with self confidence as Tempest was seemingly forced back, and he shouted in exertion as he called upon all of his remaining strength.
 
The golden aura of a Super Saiyan flared around Hanzo like waves of living sunlight, bathing the mad god in an eerie yellow glow. Tempest smiled maliciously at his arrogant opponent, waiting for just the right moment to make his counterattack.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Miura's body trembled with rage.
 
Trunks, Kalen, and Clef lay sprawled around him in the blue desert sand, barely conscious and unable to move. He narrowed his shining purple eyes, struggling to watch the heated battle that continued to unfold high in the air above. It was obvious to the weakened Emperor that his half-brother was slowly losing ground to the monstrosity that was Tempest. It was also obvious to him what needed to be done.
 
Clef noticed his companion's resolute stance and gasped in disbelief. He can't, not again! the injured Namekian thought frantically as he rose to his feet and staggered toward Miura. Upon reaching his most trusted ally, Clef nearly collapsed, and Miura was forced to support him.
 
“Don't say it, Clef,” Miura warned before the green-skinned fighter could even speak. “You know as well as I do that I can end this. Now.” He continued to watch his brother's courageous assault against Tempest, who was obviously only toying with the rash Saiyan. “This needs to be done.”
 
“No, I won't let you,” Clef responded softly, the searing pain in his ribs stealing all breath from his lungs. “You and I both know what will happen, Miura! You'll die if you try to use that power again!”
 
“And we'll all die here anyway if I don't!” the Galdrian ruler responded harshly. “God damn it, Clef! Who knows how many will suffer and die if that monster continues living!” Clef tried to protest, but Miura's mind was made up. “Clef, you don't know that I'll die, do you?” When, after a moment, the Namek shook his head, Miura continued. “And even if I do, it's a risk I'm willing to take.” Further debate was interrupted by a furious detonation of energy in the darkening sky above.
 
Hanzo, his body engulfed in glowing blue flames, crashed into the ground not far from Miura and his wounded companions. As the cloud of blue dust died down, Miura could see his older brother lying motionless in the center of a small crater, his black jumpsuit torn to shreds and his exposed skin covered in blood.
 
“Hanzo!” he cried out, pulling away from Clef's weak grasp. “That clenches it, my friend,” Miura said over his shoulder to the Namek. “He has to be stopped.” He looked down, momentarily filled with grief. “If anything happens to me Clef, tell Elysia that I'm sorry.”
 
“No, Miura, wait!” Clef exclaimed, trying to reach the half-Saiyan before it was too late. But his broken body refused to move fast enough, and Miura shot into the sky like a bolt of lightning, his body surrounded by a nimbus of gold and silver energy.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
The ship set down near the battlefield.
 
Zellis and Kirien rushed out of the craft, though the young Galdrian noblewoman had barely taken three steps before she halted, mouth open and eyes wide with disbelief. Tiris was impossibly familiar to the green-haired Galdrian, who had never actually seen the place before. But I have, she thought to herself as images of the blue wasteland suddenly flooded into her mind. I have seen this place. In my nightmares! Zellis was snapped out of her state of shock by Kirien, who took her by the shoulders and shook her.
 
“Lady Zellis!” she shouted, her beautiful face clouded with worry. “Please, Lady… Please try to remain calm.” When Zellis finally came to her senses, Kirien sobbed in relief. Tears ran down her golden-tanned cheeks as she embraced the trembling noblewoman.
 
Blushing with embarrassment, Zellis looked past the Genjin just in time to see Miura take to the air. Kirien spun around, and both young women gasped in awe as they felt a tremendous amount of power building up around the Emperor of Galdria, who looked like a streak of shimmering light as he sped through the air toward Tempest.
 
“My God,” Kirien muttered, her face pale with disbelief. “Lady Zellis, we must hurry!” She grabbed the noblewoman's hand and ran toward the scarred piece of wasteland that had seen most of the combat. As they ran, Kirien's gold eyes remained wide with panic, and her grip on Zellis' hand was almost painful.
 
“Kirien, this isn't good,” the green-haired Galdrian gasped, watching her adopted-brother's ascent. “I've seen him use this power before, against Mylember! It almost killed him then..” As they neared the battleground, the two frightened women could make out the shapes of Trunks and Hanzo lying in the cold blue sand, and the form of Clef and another unknown person, both of whom stood in silent amazement, leaning on each other for support.
 
“Clef!” Zellis cried as she ran to her companion, taking him from Kalen's care. “What's happened!” An answer to her question never came, however, as Miura and Tempest both came crashing to the ground in an explosion of energy.
 
Miura leapt back, gaining as much distance from his enemy as he could, all the while his iridescent, disconcerting aura continued to flare around him. His shining silver hair and cold blue eyes were proof enough that he had once again merged the powers of both his bloodlines. He reached calmly into his fluttering cloak and pulled out his Galdrian energy saber, activating the flaring purple blade with only a thought.
 
Tempest stood several yards away, his face a mask of hatred for this brash young warrior who had dared defy him. He assumed an offensive stance and sought to intimidate his smaller opponent by tensing all of the muscles of his massive arms and legs, but Miura refused to be unsettled.
 
“We have to stop him!” Clef gasped, pulling away from Zellis' supportive arms. “He'll die if we just stand here!” The Namekian felt a strong hand grip his upper arm, holding him in place, preventing him from rushing to Miura's side. When he turned around, Clef was shocked to see Kalen, whose face was contorted with disbelief.
 
“Who is he!” the Genjin shouted, digging his fingers into Clef's arm. “Who is he to control this, the most ancient of Genjin powers!” Clef grabbed Kalen's wrist and pried his hand loose from his now-bruised arm.
 
“What the hell are you talking about!” the bodyguard from Namek hollered, using his unhurt arm to grab Kalen by the front his ragged cloak. “Genjin powers?! Are you mad?!”
 
All of a sudden the terrain around the six warriors shuddered, tossing them to the ground. Large cracks tore through the wasteland around them, kicking up clouds of blue sand and steaming vapor. Large masses of land lifted into the air around them, and bolts of silver lightning split the darkened sky. It was as if the entire moon was tearing itself apart.
 
It was then that Miura attacked. Holding his saber before him, the young half-breed dashed toward Tempest, who held his ground despite the frightening amount of power that poured forth from the Galdrian Emperor. The space between the two combatants was quickly covered, and Miura began his desperate assault against the mad god. Tempest, suddenly realizing the danger of Miura's raging purple saber, found himself on the defensive.
 
The half-Saiyan could feel his life force draining away as the battle wore on, and if it wasn't ended soon, Miura knew that he would end up dead. It was then that he saw his opening. Tempest, in an attempt to dodge the glowing weapon, had shifted his body wrong, leaving his right side exposed to Miura.
 
The thrust was lightning quick, and the saber pushed deep into Tempest's muscled torso, traveling upward toward his heart. A howl of anguish tore from the deity's throat, and he struggled in vain to remove the Galdrian weapon from his flesh as it continued to pump more power into his body with every passing second.
 
“You will pay for this!” Tempest shrieked, the volume of his voice threatening to deafen both the onlookers and Miura himself. “I will not be defeated by the likes of you!” The mind-shattering bellow continued as Miura called upon every last bit of energy within him, willing all of it into the flaming purple blade of his saber.
 
“Elysia, forgive me,” the silver-haired half-Galdrian gasped as he felt his body finally give out. “I've saved you. I've saved everyone…”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Clef ran toward the battle.
 
Just when he thought that the agony of Tempest's screams couldn't get any worse, the very earth beneath his feet exploded upward in a fountain of gold and silver power. All around him, Clef watched in mute horror as the surface of Tiris was ravaged by Miura's devastating power. Power that was costing the young Emperor his life.
 
A glance over his shoulder showed Clef that his companions had scattered as wave after wave of energy burst forth from the ground below them. Kirien had managed to toss Hanzo over her shoulder as she made her way precariously to the ship, which had remained miraculously untouched so far. Zellis, following the Genjin ambassador's example, struggled to carry the still form of Trunks, eventually reaching the Galdrian space craft. Kalen, however, was nowhere to be found, as if the ground itself had opened under him, sucking him into the stream of power that flowed beneath the surface.
 
Probably for the best, Clef thought as he strived to reach his half-Galdrian companion, who refused to disengage himself from the shrieking, writhing form of Tempest. I have to hurry! he realized, feeling Miura's life force quickly draining away. Almost… Almost there!
 
Finally, after being swept off his feet nearly a dozen times by the violent bursts of energy, Clef reached Miura. He felt himself being blown back again, but this time he refused to be diverted from his goal, not when he was so close. The Namekian's arms shot forward, stretching out to nearly four times their normal length. Clef wrapped his elongated limbs around Miura's waste and used all of his remaining strength to pull the two combatants apart. He fell back as his arms returned to their normal length, holding tightly to the disturbingly still form of Miura, who still clutched his now extinguished energy saber in his right hand.
 
Tempest, body now glowing with cold silver light, continued to scream, his voice causing all of Tiris to tremble as surely as Miura's frightening display of power had. Clef struggled to stand, but was unable to support both himself and Miura, and he fell to the ground, overcome with exhaustion. Just when the Namekian bodyguard thought all was lost, both he and Miura were hastily lifted up. Clef gasped in amazement as Kirien easily tossed both himself and his unconscious ally over her shoulders. He was even more shocked when the young woman began to run toward the ship, unmindful of Tempest's dying outburst of destructive power, which emanated outward from the suffering god, destroying anything in its path.
 
In what seemed like a matter of seconds, Clef and Miura were set down inside the small space craft beside the motionless forms of Trunks and Hanzo. Clef clenched his eyes shut as the ship rocked violently before finally taking off, leaving the hellish moon of Tiris far behind them.
 
He reached out and took Miura's hand, startled by the coldness of his skin. He tightened his grip, praying for some minute reaction from the unconscious warrior who had managed to save everyone from Tempest's indescribable power. There was no responding pressure, no sudden spasm of pain as the Namek clenched harder, digging his sharp nails into cold flesh and drawing blood. Clef quickly moved his thumb to Miura's wrist, waiting for several moments, hoping to feel even the slightest hint of a pulse, but there was nothing.
 
Miura was dead.
 
To be continued…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
In the next chapter:
 
Trunks and the others return to Galdria, where the news of Miura and Iris' deaths shakethe foundation of the Empire, and Kirien fears that Tempest may have survived the battle on Tiris
 
Dragon Ball: Chaotic Future
Chapter 15
Mad God Saga, Part IV
“Mourning.”
 
 
 
“DRAGON BALL: CHAOTIC FUTURE” CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT FANFICTION.NET, POJO.COM, AND DBZDIMENSION.COM
 
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE “CHAOTIC FUTURE” HOMEPAGE AT:
WWW.FREEWEBS.COM/CHAOTICFUTURE