Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Infinity ❯ You're All I Need ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dragonball Infinity

Chapter Twenty-One: You're All I Need

*-*-*

The moment that the nude prophet left, Vegeta pushed through the resulting crowd around him. The inquisitive questions thrown his way were ignored. After all, it wasn't every day that some ancient prophet spoke in a strange tongue to some otherwise normal looking young man who spoke the same language.

He was nearing the edge of the crowd when he realized that Radittsu had somehow stepped up in front of him. Then he noticed that Radittsu had not been wearing a dark green toga-like ensemble, and nor did he have two lackeys that looked exactly like him. Vegeta's eyes narrowed in on the strange triplets as he felt his Radittsu's energy signal stop behind him.

"Good evening," the lead Radittsu finally murmured in Japanese, his accent strange. "It's been a long time since I've seen your face."

"Wonderful," he muttered, and glanced back at the Radittsu that he knew personally, "... Did you lead me to them or them to me?"

Eyes bulging out, Radittsu floundered for a moment, "I ..."

"Don't be so hard on him. He's only forty years into being after all. I'm near to eight thousand now," said the toga wearing Radittsu.

With a growl, Vegeta positioned himself so that he wasn't surrounded by the four forms of Radittsu, and tried to head toward the exit again, "What makes you think I care right now?"

"It's about my sister, isn't it?" Asked a Radittsu that was sporting the green armor which had been the ecto-skeleton of a Saibaman.

"Oh, brilliant deduction!" He snarled as the three swarmed threateningly in front of him again.

The toga wearing Radittsu grinned, "Don't leave just yet. I'm sure she's just fine."

"Yes," sneered the armor wearing man, "she might only be the next dinner for whomever she's met."

Releasing a snarl, Vegeta clenched his hands into fists, "She's not the weakling that you four might know her as."

"Oh, but she is. She's that weakling, and more," said the third Radittsu, who was wearing a red and violet tunic. His eyes kept twitching every now and then as if looking for people that would sneak up on him.

Vegeta's hesitation caused them to grin, but he quickly spoke up, "And just what's that supposed to mean?" He glanced back at the Radittsu he knew, and frowned when it seemed that he was very confused and lost looking. With a snort, he directed his attentions back toward the other three.

"Vegeta, I didn't call for them ..."

Scowling, he looked at him again, vaguely noticing that the crowd had backed down when they had seen the Original Images approach them, "Then who sent for them? Who?"

"It wasn't me! I've been trying to help you, damn it!"

Mulling over that, Vegeta put his eyes back on the new three, and stretched out his senses only for them to discover several strange groups of energy signals waiting outside of the skyship for him, "Shit! Radittsu, there are four more groups of the eight waiting outside for us."

"All of them? Even Nappa?"

He let out a bitter laugh, "Seems like he's still angry over me killing him."

"The Images of Nappa have wanted you dead for a long time now," the toga wearer said. "We all have."

He pursed his lips in thought before he laughed shortly, and shrugged, shocking them by starting to power up, "I'll just have to treat this like any man of Freeza's army then. Several men wanting me dead all at once was normal whenever I was taking a walk down the hall." Hovering just on the edge of transforming into Super Saiyajin, Vegeta then burst over the crowd's head, and through the wall.

Spying the skyship that the Image groups had caught a ride on, he swerved around them, flying toward the Gateway which would lead him to the next Circa. He was brought to an abrupt halt when an Image of Brolli phased in front of him. He didn't know which Image he was, but nor did he care, so Vegeta batted him away and continued racing for the Gateway.

Such a feat was not so easy however, for he quickly returned to slam down onto Vegeta's back. The prince caught himself half way down the the ground, and ascended into Super Saiyajin, smirking up at the man far above him. He caught the merest twitch of the corner of this Brolli's lips before he too ascended into the golden form. Freezing up, Vegeta watched with trepidation as Images other than Brolli's ascended along with them, and he let out a breath that he hadn't realized that he was holding in.

"... Shit."

*-*-*

Smiling in delight, Gokuu took the bowl, and greedily gulped the soup down after her Bardock set it down in front of her. He smiled slightly at her, and then patted her belly again, "This baby's going to have a long journey ahead of it, huh?"

After setting the empty bowl down, she licked her lips, and hugged her belly happily, "Yeah, but then we'll get to see Vegeta again. It's going to be so great to see him after so long."

"Mmmh ..." Bardock stood up straight then, and returned to the firepit with the empty bowl, filling it up once more with the lizard stew, "...... Why Vegeta?"

"What do you mean?"

Going back to her with the bowl, he watched her slurp it down, "I mean why do you keep choosing him for a mate? There's a thousand and one better males out there to choose from - even if they weren't Saiyajin ..." He took the bowl back for another run when she finished with it, and soon handed it back, "Why Vegeta?"

She blinked up at him owlishly, sipping from the bowl in thought before she grinned, "I love him." The four Bardocks' eyes widened while Turles jerked, spilling hot soup on his thigh, and making him yelp, "He just makes me happy to be around him, and I want to make him happy while he's around me too. I miss him a lot."

"You didn't seem like you loved him in the beginning," the Bardock in the gray tunic said. "You hated him with every fiber of your being after what he did to you. Anything less than seeing him dead upset you terribly."

She took the new bowl from her Bardock, and supped from it before asking, "What did he do?"

His lips twisted distastefully before he sighed, and closed his eyes as if pained, "... I was a famous general of my time. I led my clan into many great victories, but ... after my first daughter was born - you, Kakarotto - we finally settled down beside a creek, and built a town there. It ... was not our wisest choice, I suppose, since we had to defend the water almost exclusively, but I was content there to raise my children as great warriors. When Ept Vegeta and his army came from the north, sweeping across the land like a massive sandstorm, my people and I were powerless to stop him. He took you as his plaything, beating and raping you as he pleased. When he learned that you were my daughter, I had to do his every order, or else he would force me to watch you die."

At the end of his little tale, Gokuu had gone through about thirty more bowls, and just finished off another one, "Not me. Her." At the bewildered look on his face, she explained, "I'm Son Gokuu. She and I are not the same person. That happened to Kakarotto, your daughter - not me." She sat up a bit straighter, and stroked her belly, "I won't let that happen to me. If he did try to hurt me, he knows that I would just hit back anyway." She pursed her lips before she then asked, "... What happened to her?"

"... She got pregnant, and I convinced her to to run away after she started to show. You ... Kakarotto managed to keep the baby a secret from Ept Vegeta, but I knew that she would lose the baby if she continued to stay with him. It was a miracle that the baby was still alive even after what he must have been doing to her."

Frowning, she put down her fifty-third helping from the bowl, "Why did you need to convince her if she hated him?"

This Bardock smirked after a moment, "You're right. He already knew about the baby. She hated him because the only reason he treated her well - the only reason he had ever been kind to her was because she carried his possible heir. After a while, his treatment began to get to her. She couldn't stand him treating her so lovingly - not knowing if he really meant it or not." He shrugged uneasily under her gaze, "I told her to run. When Vegeta learned that she was gone, he almost killed me, but instead, he released me from my duty. I died only a few months later, and a few years after that, I learned that Kakarotto had returned to Ept Vegeta before she had given birth. The person I learned it from had only heard about it through other people that hadn't been directly involved, so I don't know what really happened, but he died when she went into labor, and never got to see his son."

As her hand clenched over her protruding belly, she looked at the other three Bardocks, "What about you guys?"

The first one that spoke up was her Bardock, and he merely shrugged and smiled, "You were an infant when I died. You were just born, so I don't know anything about what's happened between you and the prince."

"... I was a part of a team ordered to help reconstruct the planet," said the Bardock that was wearing a very plain blue tunic. "We had very few trees, but the Tsufurujin claimed that the planet used to be covered in them. We worked hard to recreate the world we didn't remember ... The day I hired a young Saiyajin called Vegeta was the day my daughter came on board. Females had to work three times as hard as the males to get the pay they got, and Kakarotto did everything she could to reach end's meet. Her hard work attracted his eyes, and he claimed her against her will. It wasn't until he left her pregnant that we learned he was our leader's son. The whole project had been a test for Ept Vegeta - to show his father that he could work as hard as the commoners." He glanced at Gokuu, and pursed his lips before he looked away, "She never saw him again, and he never knew about the child he left in her."

The Bardock in black armor - similar in style to the skeleton that had been found almost two years before - scowled ahead at nothing before he finally looked at her, "She raised our family to the status of nobility all on her own. That was unheard of for a female, and Ept Vegeta found out somehow, and, soon after, they struck a bargain with each other. If Kakarotto bore his House an heir, he would give her an heir for her House too, and at the same time, he would protect her House from rival Houses. And he struck a deal with me ... and the others ......" He laughed with no humor after that, not elaborating on whatever deal there had been, and Gokuu felt an odd chill when she heard the nearly mad laughter, "... She gave birth to twin sons after he died, giving his House the heir it needed, and her own House its heir."

Gokuu set the bowl down with a clink, and shook her head when her father offered her more of the stew. She almost scowled at them when they shot one another knowing glances, but she sat up straighter instead, "We have to keep moving." Taking Turles' hand when he helped her stand up, she began to walk beside him as they moved toward the controls of the ship. While they walked ahead of them, she whispered, "What about your story? What do you think of me and Vegeta?"

Smirking, he patted her spikey hair, "Radittsu and I visited you when you were born just before we left the planet for a purging mission. After we learned the planet had been destroyed, he and I went our separate ways. I couldn't stand Freeza, but Radittsu couldn't stand leaving the prince. I did my own thing for years up until I met with Paragus and Brolli. They claimed that they wanted to rebuild the Saiyajin Empire. Well, Paragus claimed - Brolli never talked much. Vegeta came into the picture a few months later, and you came only about a week or so after that ... Vegeta didn't talk much either, and he kept to himself more, but when you showed up, he left his room more just to be with you. If it wasn't love, it was devotion at the very least."

A smile lit up on her face, and she rubbed her large stomach gently when she felt the baby flutter and awaken, "Mm ..."

After a moment, he looked down at her as he began to take the ship off of auto-pilot, "Do you really think that gate is there? The one that will bring you back to life?"

"Yup, and Vegeta-sei is back too so we'll have somewhere to go when we go through it. After that, I'll be out of this strange world, and I'll be able to teleport us to New Namek-sei, so I can wish Earth back."

"...? Teleport?" He glanced down at her again, and she just smiled.

"That's why I wanted to travel with you guys. I'm a bit slower since I'm pregnant, and I can't teleport into other ... Circas?" When he affirmed that she said the right word, she continued, "And according to you, we can't go through the Gateways connecting Circas unless we're in some kind of ship." She pointed out the window at the black abyss everywhere except where they could see the random spaceship here and there, "Besides, I can't survive out in space for that long either."

"So ... you're saying if Gateways weren't here, you would have been able to go straight to Vegeta's side?"

"Yeah, or at least something's in the way. I can probably teleport within Circas, but not into the next one even if I was standing right beside a Gateway."

"I see," he murmured, "and you say you can ... feel his energy?"

She bit her lip before she nodded, "Yeah, him, and three other energy signals that feel exactly like him. He's not with them though. Vegeta's fighting against a bunch of people that feel like Brolli and you though." When Turles' eyes widened, she sighed, "I don't think we can make it in time at this rate."

*-*-*

Coughing up blood with a grimace, he rolled onto his back, squinting up at the sky to watch three large blurs descend down upon him. All of them glowed with the power of a Super Saiyajin, and he winced in pain as Brolli stepped onto his chest, trying to crush him. Vegeta's energy flickered a bit, almost dropping out of his Legendary state. Turles reached down, and picked him up by his spandex shirt after Brolli pulled away.

The Image of a Super Saiyajin Turles dusted him off like some kind of dirty rag before he tossed him into the air, and then kicked him across the sands. Gritting his fangs together tightly, he managed to not swallow as much sand as the last time when he landed - having crashed through a mountain to be hidden on the other side. He pushed himself onto his feet before he wavered, about to tumble over once again. He heard them shouting out his name, and telling him to give up, but he couldn't see where they had gone. Vegeta wanted to give up - needed to so badly if only he wouldn't be in such pain, but he had finally felt the presence of his quasi-mate, and he didn't want to relent to these men when she was close enough for them to feel each other. He wondered why she had not just teleported to his side, but perhaps she had given up on him surviving. She had to hate putting up with his utter uselessness all the time.

Cringing as his thoughts drove him to further speculations on why she would abandon him, he felt his knees collapse and hit the red rocks beneath him. Had she found another male to sate her? Another man that she needed more than him? No one will need you more than I though, Kakarotto ... but if you don't need me - even just a little bit - giving up is about all I'll have left. He heard someone land in front of him, and he gritted his fangs, almost loathing the thought of it, Damn it, Kakarotto. Why aren't you here when I
really
need you!?

"Hey, Proud," his eyes widened, and he looked up to see his grandfather standing there, "looks like you need some help."

"You ...?" Vegeta jerked in shock when another man dropped down to stand beside him.

"What the hell are you doing on your knees? Get up, dumb fuck," he said, and then he smirked when the prince leapt to his feet with a growl befitting an animal.

"How dare you insult me!"

"Like this," he cleared his throat before he exclaimed more clearly. "Dumb. Fuck."

As his eyes became more bulbous in astonishment, several other Saiyajin males landed near him. One man - whom was floating a little above the ground as if his legs were useless - said boredly, "So are we all going to stand here, and wait for those guys to find, and clobber us, or what?"

"Sounds promising," said the rude man, "but no. I'd rather get out of here now. Come along, Proud, it's time to stop playing with your little friends."

His grandfather grabbed Vegeta's hand, and he was pulled away from the large rocks which had served to hide them from the searching Original Images. He automatically wrenched his hand away, but kept moving hurriedly with them, still knowing that it was his own Original Image that had done the Saiyajin Race in, but unable to forget. What his father used to say had always bothered him. His grandfather had been a good, just king - for a Saiyajin - in all respects but one. He had been that man who had first made contact with Freeza, and he had been the one to forge their alliance. Had they never met however, the prophecy would have not come to be, and the planet would have had to meet its demise through some other way.

Vegeta forced out a harsh sigh, easily keeping up with them as they snuck away through a canyon. Yet he had more to worry over than a grandfather who didn't deserve as much of the blame as he had gotten. Kakarotto still hadn't come to his side, and he had no idea who these men were.

*-*-*

But you guys know! ... XP If you've kept up so far or go back to read Chapter Two. Uh ... -cheesey grin- Look, I've updated finally! XP

*-*-*