Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ DragonBall Z: Cosmic Castaways ❯ Six Young Warriors ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There was a single controlling power in the galaxy, the Cold Empire. Controlled by King Cold and Queen Frozeena and managed by their sons Frieza and Coola, it stretched across most of the galaxy and spread a shadow of terror and sorrow across the known worlds. However if there was one thing that the beings of the galaxy feared more than Frieza or the other agents of the Cold Empire, it was Frieza's mercenaries, the saiyans. The saiyans were an ancient race of warriors whom Frieza contracted with to clear planets of their native inhabitants so they could be sold. The saiyans would also do the jobs that Frieza's goons were too afraid to do. But there were some saiyans who didn't like the idea of bowing down to Frieza including King Vegeta. Those saiyans eagerly hoped for a rebellion and a return to the old ways. The question was could anyone, even an army of saiyan elite warriors, stand up to Frieza…and live?
 
 
Episode 1
Six Young Warriors
 
Walking down the corridor to the training room, Kakarot and his friends ran into someone they didn't expect and were hardly happy to see. Radditz, Kakarot's older brother and a few of his cronies. Radditz regarded the six young saiyan warriors before him with a sneer. Besides Kakarot who was dressed in traditional black and yellow third-class saiyan armor, there was Rhonin, who wore full black and green armor with shoulder and thigh guards, Paragen who was dressed in the vest version of yellow and black, Antharis, who was wearing green and black vest-type armor, Saleena who wore red and black vest armor, and Keno who wore blue and black full armor.
“Well, well if it isn't Kakarot and his band! What's going on today brother? Going to try and fight the saibamen? I'd wish you good luck but then why bother when the outcome is already a given?”
“Get lost Radditz, let some real warriors through,” sneered Antharis who always had had a quick tongue. Radditz started forward, murder in his eyes when Kakarot stepped between them.
“We're just going to train in the training room. Is there a problem with that brother?” said Kakarot. Radditz snarled and aimed a kick at the impudent Antharis who nimbly dodged.
“Have your fun Kakarot, but don't expect me to go whining to the medics or father when they have to scrape your broken body off of the wall!” snarled Radditz and he stalked off taking his cronies with him. Shaking their heads Kakarot and his friends and comrades, Rhonin, Paragen, Antharis, Saleena and Keno walked into the training room.
 
This training room was similar to many training rooms on planet Vegeta. A domed space, 50 feet in diameter, 50 feet high at its highest point and with a round patch of soil and a small column next to it in the exact center of the room. Rhonin strode forward and put his hand inside the column. When he pulled out his hand he held six knobby green seeds. He blasted six holes in the soil with his finger and put each of the seeds in the hole and covered them up. He then pushed a button that sent a rain of water down onto the soil.
“Assume positions!” shouted Rhonin. As the saiyans surrounded the circle, assuming various martial stances, the soil began to shift and bulge upwards. Without warning six little green men popped out of the earth, their red eyes gleaming at the young saiyans with deadly hunger. These were saibamen, disposable attack creatures that were used to supplement Freiza's forces. They were also excellent sparring partners for the saiyans as saibamen knew only how to do one thing: kill. The six saibamen that had been grown into existence shot furtive looks at the saiyans as they giggled and cackled to themselves. Then they suddenly leapt into motion, one of them charging at each young warrior. As one, the saiyans joined the charge and the battle was on! Moving almost too fast for the eyes to see, the young saiyans and saibamen fought like furious demons. Rhonin evaded a spinning kick aimed at his head, twisted around and fired a green ki blast into the attacker. His brother Paragen, who was built much more solidly than Rhonin or the others simply flipped his opponent over his shoulder, spun around and delivered a kick that could shatter bones into the small of the saibaman's back. Antharis, the fastest meber of the group, used his speed to outmaneuver his opponent, landing kicks and punches at a furious rate. Kakarot dodged a slash aimed at his face and