Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Z Lives On: The Lidal Saga ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4

A foe that is immune to all energy

And cannot be seen by all eyes

How does one fight such a foe?

"Too late, witch."

Kya gasped and backed right into Piccolo, who placed his arms protectively around her. Lidal jumped into a fighting stance in front of her mother, her mouth set in a grim, tight line. The whole group turned to where the voice had come from. But they could see nothing.

Xahra sneered at them. "Thanks for that bit of information. Your mother looks much easier to kill than your father does. At least she's not a Namek."

Kindle hissed threateningly from her perch and Piccolo growled low in his throat. Lidal smirked. "I'd like to see you try. I'll break your neck before you get even within a hair's breath of her."

"We shall see." On the last syllable, Xahra disappeared from sight.

Abruptly Kya rose into the air and she shrieked as she struggled to get free. An invisible force was holding her. Xahra.

Cackling, she became visible and they all watched as she drew a knife from her top and poised it above Kya's abdomen. "You have been a source of a great deal of trouble and pain to me, witch," Xahra hissed. "And now you will die."

Piccolo was incensed. Kya! Change into air! Quick!

Kya's eyes were wide with fear as she glanced apologetically at Piccolo. I cannot change while I am pregnant. Shizen miscarry very easily that way.

Piccolo snarled in frustration. Without warning a white shape streaked by and suddenly Xahra was being clawed viciously by Lidal's dragon, Kindle. Lifting her arms to try to defend herself, she dropped Kya. Before Kya could react, she was neatly caught by Piccolo. They looked up in time to see Xahra embed her knife deeply into the little dragon's side.

"No! Kindle!" cried Lidal. Trunks caught Kindle and quickly took her to Dende, who immediately went to work on healing the mini-dragon. Knowing Kindle was in good hands, Lidal turned her attention back to Xahra, who had become invisible once more. She took up her fighting stance again, her eyes warily seeking and her ears twitching, trying to pick up any sound that the evil creature might make. Abruptly she was thrown back from a vicious kick to the head. Steadying herself, Lidal rubbed her sore jaw and then spat out blood. From somewhere to her right Lidal heard a soft cackle. Her leg shot out in a hard kick but Xahra had already changed positions.

"You wouldn't be so brave if you couldn't turn invisible, Xahra!" yelled Lidal. Subtly she reached into her sash, ears piqued.

"Nice try, Namek girl. You can't trick me into becoming visible using my pride like my brother," Xahra yelled back.

Lidal's eyes narrowed and her arm made a quick sudden movement. They all heard a splat and suddenly saw a female body outlined by bright blue paint. "Maybe not. But I can still get you to reveal your position."

Letting out a scream of rage, Xahra became visible and sped towards Lidal, murder in her heart. In a flash, Lidal was standing on her hands. Spinning, she leapt through the air, picking up speed as she spun. Legs first, she met Xahra in the air, giving her several good kicks as she spun, sending Xahra hard into the tiles of the lookout. Flipping, Lidal quickly landed on her feet and took a fighter's stance.

Piccolo and the others stared. Goten was the first to regain his voice. "Whoa! That was way cool! What was that?"

Lidal smirked. "I call it a tornado kick. A technique I developed on my own."

They heard a groan and turned their attention back to Xahra, who was picking herself out of the mess she made. Smirk disappearing, Lidal began preparing a blast, yelling over her shoulder," Father! Get Mother out of here!"

It took a moment for Piccolo to register that Lidal was addressing him. When he did, he scowled. He wasn't about to leave her when only Namek energy could affect this creature. As Lidal released a large energy blast at Xahra, causing the monster to shriek in pain, Piccolo quickly handed Kya to Bulma. "Get her out of here! Take her to Capsule Corp!"

"But Piccolo!" Kya was cut off as Bulma began pulling her towards her aircar. Turning around, Piccolo found Lidal but he couldn't see Xahra anywhere. "Where did she go?"

"She was here a second ago. The paint doesn't stand up very well to intense heat," replied Lidal.

"Do you have any more of those paintballs?" asked Piccolo.

Lidal shook her head. "The only reason I had any at all was because the others were having a paint war at the time Dende called us to the lookout. Girls vs. boys. Girls were winning too." Lidal chuckled, then frowned in consideration. "But I have another idea."

Abruptly Lidal disappeared as she became air. Moving as a swift wind, she rifled around the lookout until she ran into a solid object that couldn't be seen. Quickly, she spiraled around the object, becoming a mini tornado. Without warning, she burst into flame and the object began screaming. She burned a few moments more and then swirled back to Piccolo, returning to her shape as she landed.

Turning, Lidal saw the fruits of her labor. Xahra was doubled over on the ground, her strange skin covered with burns. Lidal glanced back at Piccolo, who was scrutinizing her. Lidal instantly knew what he was worried about. "You needn't be concerned. I have better control over fire than Mother does. I get it from you. Anyway, with her skin burned so bad, she shouldn't be able to go invisible anymore."

Without warning, Lidal doubled over, moaning in pain. She fell to her knees, clutching her middle. Piccolo placed his hand on her shoulder and then snapped it back. Her skin was hot. "Lidal?"

Dende stepped forward, Kindle on his shoulder. "What's wrong? What's happening to her?"

"I don't know."

Author: Things are going to really heat up next chapter! Isn't Lidal a creative fighter? She can think on her feet (or her hands), which is a useful trait. Check out the two drawings I did of her fighting. She is fast becoming my favorite person to draw.