Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Entity ❯ Something about that girl... ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: *sigh* I don't own DBZ or any characters that go with the series. They belong to the rich people… ^____^

Mizu = Bulma, Kachi =Vegeta, Kaze= Goku/Kakarrot, (Agghhh!!! Goku has WAY too many names!) Chikanji= Chichi

~*~*~

She was running desperately, the jug grasped firmly in her hands. The eerie voices became louder, more hungry than before, calling her to them. She knew she shouldn't look back- only run like never before.

Her sandals were gone a while ago, and the quickening pace of her bare feet pounded hastily beneath her. Then a sharp pain made itself know in her heel and blood was everywhere. The harsh stinging crept up her leg like a venomous snake, but the young girl ignored it. It was hard- her body wouldn't let her move as quickly.

She was slowing; the darkness was nearing, but she was almost there. A ray of light shone as powerful as the sun. The contrast made only made the animalistic cries weaker, renewing the girl's faith. She would make it- just a few more strides…

But it was dark again. The shadow was in front of her, somehow blocking the light. She tried to avoid it, but before she could escape, she was on the ground. The jug flew out of her hands, landing out of reach. As cold became overpowering she was sprawled face-first in the dirt, praying to every god she knew of…

"I just wanted daddy to get better…"

~*~*~

"Kakarrot, you fool, don't drop her! And you- woman! Stop this madness!"

Chichi opened her eyes. An unbelievable brightness only made her groan and squeeze her eyes shut. Who was the stupid loud-mouthed male???

"Who are you to talk to me like that??!"

Goku nearly dropped Chikanji on the spot. First she squirmed and nearly clawed his eyes out (while still knocked out cold!), and then she woke up yelling! Goku just didn't understand the sudden hostile behavior. And Chichi didn't either.

"I'm sorry- I don't know what came over me…"

"It's alright-" Goku started.

"Fine," Vegeta interrupted. Chikanji's cold stare fell upon him and the deepness of his scowl.

"Just don't you ever," he added with a deadly growl, "raise your voice to me again."

~*~

She could see the ocean… It was blue, as always. The only thing that didn't fit into the picture was the black sky. No, she thought, the clear blue sky. Slowly, the dark atmosphere was replaced with sunny mental image.

She was content with the calm feel of her meditation. The image was perfect; a peaceful air with placid waves. Only a single gray cloud shone in the distance. Before long, it devoured the whiter, purer clouds until only a wide string of darkness lay stretched across the fading brightness. Waves were torrential as they clashed together in a roaring tower of ferocity.

Mizu's eyes shot open. The black swallowed up every sign of blue… Whether or not it was a bad omen, Bulma didn't know. However, she was absolutely positive that she didn't like it, and that meditating had not helped.

"Brother! Are you there?"

Bulma spun around sharply. No one was there. She was slightly annoyed, thinking that some wandering spirit was playing a joke on her.

"Is anyone there? Answer me!" Bulma commanded

The only sound of reply was the cryptic echo of Bulma's own voice. A hint of anger fluttered in her stomach, and she stood up from the floor to search about.

Standing in the middle of the hallway was a young girl. Bulma was almost too shocked to say anything. How had she managed to get through the numerous guards that posted nearly every corner of the entire palace? Bulma quickly recomposed herself.

"Girl! What are you doing her? Shouldn't you be at home?"

The girl ignored the fuming goddess as if she were just another one of the marble statues. Not only had the insolent brat not responded to Mizu, but she also hadn't even batted an eye in her direction. Bulma's eyes followed the object of the girl's concentration, and instantly fell over from shock. Since when had her entire third floor turned into a peasant home???

Mystery girl dusted off her robes and walked swiftly to the house. Bulma blinked in disbelief. She turned around expecting to wake up from the strange dream in her own room. Instead, her vision was set with the horrifying view of endless woodlands. Mizu didn't know what to think anymore. So, she lifted her plain skirt in an unladylike movement and hurried after the girl.

The little house's interior was relatively humble, and Bulma felt like she had seen it somewhere before. Without thinking, she carefully placed her shoes on the mat next to the sandals and followed the fleeting shadow around a corner.

Bulma didn't even notice that the girl had stopped until she walked right through her. She was shaken enough already, and nothing could prepare her for the sight before her.

It was unmistakable- there, on the mat, was Bulma, herself. A man was seated in front of her replica, and even though his back was towards her, she knew that the man was Vegeta.

Then Mizu knew what would happen. It was sickening- like a bad story. She realized that all this had already occurred before; she was only seeing it again, for some reason. There was a possibility that if she woke up, then maybe she wouldn't have to see it again…

Bulma pinched herself hard, but only winced in pain to realize that nothing happened. She didn't wake up in her world, in the comfort of her room. She could only look forward as Vegeta and the young princess's faces drew closer and closer…

"Vegeta!" Came the girl's voice from behind. "What are you doing?"

Almost instantly, the bodyguard and the young princess stiffly drew apart. Human Bulma lifted her teacup from the low table, and acted as if nothing had happened. She appeared to hide it well, too, but Bulma knew that her younger self was trying not to die from embarrassment.

"We're having tea, little sister."

Vegeta's sister narrowed her eyes at the word `little.' She advanced towards the two seated on the floor. Bulma quickly stepped out of her way, still remembering how uncomfortable it was to walk through someone even if it was just a memory.

"I think I know how to cure Father."

Vegeta coughed on his tea and finally turned around. Bulma noticed how different he had looked then. For one, he still had his bangs. They made his face appear so much younger… Bulma glanced at her other self who watched Vegeta's sister intently.

"But, it won't be easy though."

"Just tell me now, Chichi," Vegeta demanded impatiently.

"Alright…"

~*~*~

Evilness, I know… MUAHAHAHA! ^o^ Veggie and Chichi are related. It may not seem like it, but this actually twists the plot a little. I think… >_<