Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Finding My Roots ❯ Flashbacks and Dreams ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Finding My Roots-Chapter 6 Flashbacks and Dreams
Tears were pouring tear after tear down at her creamy pale cheeks. Her cerulean eyes were red and puffy from the long hours of crying, desperate to release the pain in her heart from the truth. Her delicate body quivering with every deep breath, trying to ease her, but it wasn’t working. How’s this possible? I knew I had a feeling there was awkward in me, something not normal. I never thought it will be this serious.
Bulla was lying flat in her stomach in her room, clutching the pillow tightly to her face to hide it. The news she received from her parents shocked her. How could this happen?
Outside her closed door, the family was desperately trying to make Bulla come out of her room. The news shocked her more than they predict it will. They desperately asked her to come out and talk about it. For Bulla, there wasn’t much to talk about, yet she was thinking what she wanted to say to their faces. After awhile, they gave up to go to rest in their beds and try in the morning. Zeina and Igneous never wanted for Bulla to feel this way. Zorac found out about the news at the same time Bulla did. Yet, he still couldn’t believe it.
Bulla eased her crying as soon she heard her family head for sleep. She turned her face to the side so her cheek was in the pillow, facing away from the door but facing the window of her room. With her hand she wiped the remaining tears that were left. She sniffed and paid attention with her eyes to the moons that were outside of her window. Her breathing was steady but slow. Her eyes were still glistening with tears, yet she refused to cry no more. The light of the moons were reflected in her cerulean eyes. As she started at the moons, she remembers the discussion that happened right after dinner.
Flashback
Bulla stood in front of her parents with Zorac next to her. “Mom, Dad, the thing I wanted to tell you is-“
“Bulla, before you start, is best that you two sit down,” Zeina mentioned at her daughter. Bulla and Zorac settled themselves in a couch opposite were their parents sat. Bulla sat across from her father. Zorac sat next to her, right across from their mother. Silence and tension was in the atmosphere. The silence was broken by Zorac whispering to his sister, “Bulla, now’s the time to say it.”
The blue-haired teenager looked down. Bulla was nervous. (Would they believe me?) Bulla knew what happened to her wasn’t normal. The nervousness of Bulla’s was making it hard to start. (Where should I start?)
“Anytime now, Bulla,” Zorac voice broke her train of thought. Bulla looked up to her parents. Both were ready to listen to her.
Bulla took a deep breath. “Mom, Dad, Zorac told you only a part of what happened at the lake. The part what he didn’t tell you was what happened to me, and it’s possible that you might not believed it.” Igneous and Zeina side-glance each other in worry, they place their eyes their eyes back to Bulla. “Bulla anything that you say we will believe you” Zeina told her daughter.
Bulla felt a feeling inside of her that wasn’t her own. Her conscious told her parents were extremely worried, but she saw that their faces didn’t show it. What it made it weirder is that she could their worry. Bulla decided to worry about it later. She inhale and exhale huge amount of air to sooth her worry. She opened her mouth and told her story.
Bulla began to tell what transpired at Lake Crystal. The three, Drake, Draco, and Eris wanted a fight on what happened yesterday. Zorac and she were trying to make them leave, but they were just stupid to do so. Bulla told them that she could feel her rage towards them climbing higher. Zorac even told his side of the story as well. Bulla was shocked to hear on what she did when her anger broke loose. A blue-white light aurora was surrounding her, and was slowly increasing. Even more shocked that she didn’t sound herself as well as if she were someone else. Bulla and Zorac continued to tell their story.
The three attacked her, but didn’t cause any damage. Bulla exploded with a cry of battle, the blue-white aurora grew double its size. While Bulla keeps on hollering, the ground socked by the power, Zorac called for Bulla. All of the sudden the light aurora change to golden color, Bulla also told what she saw in her reflection in the like. Her hair was on its end like flames, the color of her hair has change to gold, and her eyes were emerald green. Zorac told that after few moments she fainted, he caught her before she hit the water. Bulla was back to normal.
Bulla and Zorac waited in silence for the reaction of their parents. Confusion and fear was plastered in their faces. Bulla couldn’t take the silence no more. “Mom, Dad did anything happened at my birth or when I was small.”
Igneous and Zeina glance at each other. Zeina nodded, Igneous closed his eyes, turned his head, let out a sigh, and opened his eyes to his princess. “Bulla, I think it’s time that we tell you the truth,” Igneous said in calm voice. Bulla was confused at her father. Zenia continued.
“Bulla since you were little, we noticed that you were somewhere…different than others. Not only about your looks, but as well your achievements, you could do things others can barely achieve.” Igneous added more.
“At what happened at Lake Crystal was something beyond different than other things that happened. The light aurora that was surrounding you we already saw before, but the fact that it grew was something else.”
“Wait this happened already, I mean about the light aurora Bulla was unleashing.” Zorac answered in shocked.
“Yes Zorac,” Zeina answered, “it did happened already except that you weren’t there Zorac.” Igneous continued to tell the story.
“Bulla, you were five years when that same situation happened. After you fainted, you didn’t remember what happened, and we decided to keep quiet about it.” Igneous stopped to see Bulla. She nodded her father to continue. Igneous nodded and continued. “Then later everything was normal until you took interest in fighting. Your mother and I didn’t want you to train, but we couldn’t keep you from doing stuff you wanted to do, so we let you. We were amazed that you learned so fast. You learned how to fly, fight, and create ki balls in such a young age. Not only you were strong, but your intelligences grew as well. You achieved higher things that other people can’t. People were amazed that not only your appearance was different like others but achieved things faster. Your mother and I were proud of you.”
Bulla smiled at that. Zorac was proud of his sister that showed with a smile. Igneous sigh again, “but there has been a secret that both of us had been keeping since you came in our lives.” Bulla’s and Zorac’s smile disappeared, Bulla could sense the worry that her father was giving.
“Bulla,” Zeina started to say, “we don’t know what happened to you at birth because…” Zeina looked down as if she was afraid to finish the sentence.
Igneous closed his eyes. “Bulla, we don’t know what happened at your birth because…because-“
“Because you were adopted” Zeina finish the sentence with her face still down. Zorac and Bulla gasped in shocked.
“I’m...I’m adopted” Bulla slowly asked.
“Yes, my daughter, you are adopted.” Igneous looked at his daughter. Zeina still had her head down. Zorac kept quiet with a blank face.
Bulla sat there quiet. After a while she closed her eyes and stood up from her position. All eyes and heads were fixed to her. When opened her eyes, her eyebrow and eyes were narrowed and water could be seen in the corner of her eyes toward her parents. In a crack voice she said.
“Then why did you wait so long to tell me that…that…that I’m adopted” almost blurted out like a scream.
Igneous, Zeina, and Zorac looked surprise at Bulla’s outburst. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. When Bulla noticed that they didn’t answered she left the room to go upstairs to her room and locked the door where she cried her pain out.
End of Flashback
Now Bulla still lie in her bed thinking on what she supposes to do. Her eyes were red and heavy for the need of sleep. No wonder I felt out of place. I didn’t really know who I really am. My life was perfect until this happened. Bulla decided to sleep since she needed it. Bulla wrapped herself in blankets and let sleep take over. She slowly closed her eyes, and as soon as she closed them she immediately opened them. She saw blackness. Bulla was back in the dark void in her dreams.
Great I’m back to my black void dream. What else could go wrong?
Bulla sighs and tries to figure out what will happen next. Then suddenly she felt wind blow. It was gentle at first but started to pick up. The wind started to blow hard around her, Bull closed her eyes but she opened them, she saw white light aurora going around her like eye of a tornado. Images of the first dreams were swirling with the white light aurora fog. The images kept whirling around her. Bulla was in a panic. She closed her eyes and yelled.
Stop! The storm died and the images faded away. Bulla opened her eyes and saw darkness. She stood there taking deeps, trying to calm herself down. Suddenly an image started to appear. The image was blue shape sphere. Bulla studied it closer. Deep inside of her conscious told her it was her home planet, Planet Earth.
My home, it’s so beautiful. Bulla said in soft slow voice. Few moments later the image of the planet faded as well. Everything was gone and was normal. Bulla took air in, closed her eyes, and let out the air. What I’m supposed to do.
Suddenly, Bulla felt not alone in her black world. She opened her eyes and was shocked to see who it was. It was the man with black flame-like hair of before. Both of them were starring at each other eyes, cerulean versus black onyx eyes. Deep inside Bulla’s gut, anger started to spread. It spread through her whole body. Bulla took deep breath and hollered at the stranger.
How could you?! Bulla didn’t know why she was yelling. She never seen this person before, yet her anger was towards him.
How could you?! Again Bulla repeated the answer towards the stranger invading her dreams. Her eyes were focused in his onyx eyes trying to find the answer. She couldn’t find any.
Next to her appeared the Bulla replica. Bulla turned her head to see her. The Bulla replica was also looking at the black flame hair stranger, turning her head to face Bulla. A scowled was plastered in her face, deep inside Bulla sense that the Bulla replica was also angry towards the stranger as well.
Challenge, the same words came from her as before. Bulla was confused, but senses that it had to do with the stranger. Bulla and her replica both face their attention and faces towards the stranger. He stood there like a statue. His arms were crossed, standing there all high and mighty with a scowl in his face. In few moments he vanishes in thin air. Both Bullas face each other.
You must go back to the land you came from. You must challenge. Your questions will be answer there. The Bulla replica faded out. Bulla stood there. She blinked few times before deciding on what to do.
I must go back. Finding my roots is the answer to explain why this happening to me is. I must go back to my home planet.
Bulla opened her eyes. She noticed that it was still dark outside. The two moons were high in the sky. The moons did give her an answer. Slowly, Bulla let sleep consume her again into deep sleep.
In her parents’ room, Zeina was holding a silver heart-shape necklace. Igneous put a comfort arm around her wife and pull her close into a warm embrace. “It’s time we tell her everything.” Igneous whispered to his wife. Zeina nodded. “It’s time” in a low whispered.
On Earth
Who is she? Why is that girl invading in my dreams? The same man with black flame-like hair thought with rage. I don’t like the look of this. He thought bitterly, while clenching his teeth and fists. An angry scowl was in his visage. He looks up to the night to the crescent moon with black onyx eyes.