Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Finding My Roots ❯ Confrontation ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Finding My Roots-Chapter 5 Confrontation


Bulla was standing in a black void, just like in her dreams of last night. She opened her eyes; all she could see was her in the pitch black darkness. Not again. This time Bulla didn’t move around to see her surroundings. She knew that she’ll see only pitch black around her. I can’t remember what happened. Then the memories came back. The three Drake, Draco, and Eris again were looking for fight, a payback of what happen yesterday.

“Are you backing away from a challenge?” That sentence drove her over the edge. A blue-white aurora was surrounding her enormously. Part of her liked the power that went through her whole being. Not feeling her at that moment. Next thing she felt is that the power inside of her exploded.

“Bulla!!!” Zorac was calling for her, his calling reached her. That’s when her anger subsided. She became herself again, but the power was enormous. Another memory came, her reflection in the lake. Her whole body was surrounding in a golden flame aurora. Her whole image change, she wasn’t no more the long blue-haired teenager. All her hair was on its end like a flame except in golden color. Her eyes were the color of green emerald, not of cerulean eyes. Next thing that came was darkness. End of the memory.

How did this happen? Bulla closed her eyes. I just turned seventeen and this stuff happens to me. Bulla opened her eyes. She noticed there was a lights dancing behind her. She turned to face the source of the lights. Her eyes went wide-eye in shocked. It was her?!

Bulla saw replica of her standing before her. She wore an outfit that appeared to be armor. The Bulla replica wore a blue long-sleeved spandex suit. Her chest was covered white armor that had brown shoulder pads. A red cape that reached almost to the ground was clip on her armor near to the shoulder pads. She also wore white, golden tipped boots with snow white gloves to match. Bulla noticed that around her neck was the silver-heart necklace with her name Bulla carved on it. Another thing she noticed is that the Bulla replica had her hair that stand on its end like flame with wild bangs. In her face was scowl on her face. Around the Bulla replica the blue-white aurora was blazing around her like flames.

Bulla and her replica stayed facing each other that seemed like an eternity. Who are you? Bulla felt unease asking the question. The Bulla replica didn’t answered right away. After few moments she opened her mouth to say, Challenge.

Bulla stood there shocked. What?

Challenge
again the Bulla replica answered.

What are you talking about? The Bulla replica continued. Go back, back to the land where you are born from. The land you are from. Learn about your past. You must Challenge. You must go back… The Bulla replica started to fade out.

Wait, come back! Bulla reached a hand to grab her, but she was already gone. Come back!! Bulla hollered. She hollered again.

“Come back!!” Bulla opened her eyes and bolted right up.

“Honey, are you alright?” Zeina asked in concern. “Princess, are you okay?” Igneous asked his daughter.

Bulla blinked few times to clear her blurry vision. She noticed that she was in her room, lying in her bed covered with a blanket. Her parents were standing next to her. Her brother Zorac was sitting in a chair next to the couch. Bulla looked at the faces of her parents. Concern was in their faces. She felt guilty for having them worrying over her. You must find out about your past. That thought ran through her mind, coming out of nowhere.

“Bulla what happened out there,” her father broke her out of her thoughts. Bulla looked at her parents in shocked expression. “You know,” Bulla asked her father. “Zorac told us what happened. I still don’t believe what happened.” Her mother answered in worry.

Bulla glances away from her parents. She looked down to her hands, which were holding the blanket tightly. Do they know about what happened at the lake, specialty the sudden transformation? Should I tell them about the dreams and the sudden power? “How much do you know?” Bulla wanted to know how much they know before she continues to question herself, or tell them about what happened.

“I’ll tell you what I said to them”. Bulla looked up to see her brother sitting in a chair with his eyes focused on her. He continued to answer Bulla’s question. “I told that we both went to Lake Crystal to train. Our training was interrupted again by Drake, Draco, and Eris. They were looking for a fight. You scared them away. Moments later you fainted. End of story.”

Bulla had a blank face. He didn’t tell them. Was it a dream?

“Bulla is that true?” Her father asked her. Bulla looks at her father and simply nodded.

“I can’t believe those three were looking for a fight. I hope they won’t bother you two for a while. I wish I could do something to stop this madness. The parents of the three think that they don’t do anything wrong. They won’t do anything to stop this.” Igneous said with anger in his voice.
“Well enough about that. Let’ us just hoped those three learned their lesson. What happened happen. I will go to the kitchen to prepare dinner. After what happened, I think everyone is hungry.” Zeina stood and left the room to prepare dinner.

“I hoped you’re feeling well to eat dinner, Bulla. Well, I have to go to help your mother with dinner.” Igneous kissed the forehead of Bulla and left to follow his wife in the kitchen. Zorac and Bulla was left in the room.

I just wished this war would end. Bulla knew that the parents of the three were in a ridiculous war with her parents. The family attitude was the same. They want the best of the best. They live like spoiled rich people. The family is always around showing of their wealth. They hate Bulla’s family because they live happy lives instead in living in their own riches. Bulla’s parents like simple life instead living like royals. Another reason why the spoiled family hates Bulla’s family is because they know that they are richer than them, even it doesn’t show.

“I hadn’t told them yet.” Bulla was snapped from her line of thought and fixed her attention to her brother who was still sitting beside her. “I haven’t told them yet” again Zorac repeated what he said.
“So what happened at the lake did happen? That transformation, that golden flame, it did happen?” Bulla asked her brother. Zorac nodded. “It’s much best that you tell them. If I’m correct you know more what’s going on. I hope that to tell what’s going on with you.” Zorac got up from his chair and walked to the door. Before he left, he turned around and said “I’m worry about you Bulla. Not just me, but our parents as well. So tell them what really happened at the lake.” In his voice was laced with concerned. With that said Zorac left the room.

Bulla sat at her bed. How I’m supposed to tell my parents what happened. Bulla turned her eyes to the window. See noticed it was dark already. Bulla groaned. Oh man, how much I was out. An object caught Bulla’s eyes. She noticed that the night wasn’t alone. Joining the dark night was the two moons of her planet. Suddenly the memory of the woman from her dreams appeared in her mind. I wonder if anything that happened had to do with her or…that man. The memory of that man in her dreams also came to her, the one with flame-like hair that defined gravity. Now that she thinks about it, she had a feeling or her conscious told her he had something to do with him, but why?

Few moment of sitting in her bed thinking, Bulla scrambled out of her bed. Bulla looked down at herself. She still had the same outfit she wore this morning. In Bulla’s mind something clicked. My hair?! She quickly move towards the mirror and looked at her reflection. She sighed in relief.

Her hair was normal. It was straight, half to the waist, and cerulean. Not in flame-like hair. Also she noticed her hair wasn’t in a ponytail when she left this morning, instead it was all loose. Looking at her reflection more closely she also notice that her eyes were normal.

A great deal of change has happen since I was little. Just turned seventeen and had puberty few months ago, almost becoming an adult. Then all this happens. I wonder it puberty has also had to do with this. Bulla keeps staring at her reflection.

“Bulla, time for dinner,” her mother called from downstairs. Bulla closed her eyes and sigh. Better get this over with. She headed downstairs toward the kitchen.

The whole family was eating a warm dinner made by Zeina. Bulla was thinking how she was supposed to explain what’s going on, especial about her. The more she thought about the situation, the more questions came up to her mind. Why I’m different, is this normal? How I’m supposed to approach this? Bulla looked up from her plate to the parents.

“Dad, mom” Zeina and Igneous stop eating and looked at their daughter. Zorac stopped eating as well, but didn’t look up from his plate. There was a blank expression on his face. Bulla continued, “After dinner can we go to the living room. There is something I need to tell you about what really happened at the lake”, Bulla’s voice was nervous. Zeina and Igneous exchanged worried looks and look back to their daughter.

“Of course dear,” Zeina gently replied to her daughter. Igneous didn’t say something. That worried Bulla.

After few moments, Zeina and Igneous finished their dinner. They both stood and left the kitchen in silence. Bulla watched them leave through the kitchen door that leads to the living room, leaving Bulla and Zorac alone.

“Do you think they are mad at me,” Bulla looked at her brother for answer. Zorac stayed silent for moment before replying, “I don’t know Bulla, and the only way to find out is to ask”. Bulla had a troubled look on her face. “Don’t worry, I’ll be there to support you, you know that don’t you.” Zorac said with a small smile in his face. Bulla gave him a small smile in returned. I can always count on you bro.

“Let’s go. The sooner this is over, the earlier we get to bed.” Bulla simply nodded as a reply. They both got up from their seats. Before heading to the door, they both put their dishes in the sink, and headed for the kitchen door to the living room.

Bulla noticed her parents sitting at the couch. Nervousness was written in their faces. Bulla felt a knot in her stomach. Out of nowhere the thought of earlier came. You must find out about your past. Bulla couldn’t comprehend what that had to do with the situation. Maybe it does have to do what’s been going through, but I’ll ask later.
Bulla walked toward her parents, Zorac right behind her. She came to a stop in front of her parents. Zorac was next to her. She felt so nervous that she thought she will faint. She looked directly to her parents. Bulla took a big breath of air and said “Mom, dad…”