Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note Pt. 1: Just when you thought it was safe...
Since Love Works in Mysterious Ways is just about complete, I am posting my new story. I believe it got the stamp of Approval from Shades of Crimson (thanks for reading it :) ) I hope you all will enjoy this. It's an Alternative Universe fic. So without further a due...
Forbidden - Prologue
The Moon Kingdom was bustling with entertainment. Tonight was Princess Bulma's 18th birthday bash and her parents King and Queen Briefs invited everyone from the most respectable worlds surrounding the moon. The ballroom was one of the most beautiful rooms in the palace and was packed almost to capacity. King Briefs made sure that many of the guests were eligible Princes for his daughter to choose from. He looked for her, but couldn't find his daughter anywhere. Looking a bit more, he finally managed to find a familiar face in the crowd.
“Hello Launch. How are you doing tonight?” King Briefs said to the petite, deep purple haired woman.
“I'm wonderful your Highness.” Launch giggled and curtseyed to the King.
“That's good. Are you having a good time?”
“Oh yes. Princess Bulma's party is the best that we've had all year.”
“Do you know where my daughter is by any chance?”
“Um…actually I don't.” Launch lied.
King Briefs eyed the young woman suspiciously, but decided to let her be. “Well, if you see my daughter, please tell her that I am looking for her.”
“I will.” she said quickly and watched the King leave. When he was out of eyesight, she shook her head and whisked out of the door. She had a perfectly good idea where the Princess was. She picked up her long dress and ran up the nearest flight of stairs. She was in a hurry. Usually, she would have just used her powers to transport to the location, but she didn't want the King to sense her power and get even more suspicious than he already was of her. When she reached Bulma's room, she didn't bother to knock as she walked in and found the person she was looking for.
“Bulma?” Launch frowned and walked to the window where she was sitting. “You do realize that there is a party going on downstairs. A party for YOU.”
“So?” Bulma said not tearing her eyes away from the window.
“So? So, the party is very nice and your father went to a lot of trouble to gather some of the most eligible suitors for you. You know, it is getting to be about that time Bulma.”
“It's getting to be about what time? I'm 18! Besides I'm not interested in any of those men.”
“Wake up, Bulma! I know exactly what you are hinting at, and you and I both know that you need to give up that dream of being with that damned Saiyan Prince. You know it's never going to happen, especially if your Father has anything to do with it.” Launch said and stood behind the sitting Princess. “I mean, how long have you been watching that man? Ten years?”
Bulma sighed. It was true. She had been watching the Saiyan Prince from afar since she was 8, around the same time when her father told her that Saiyans were banned from the Moon and there could be no contact between the two races. He never said anything more, and she just couldn't understand why this was. One day, she was watching Vegetasei, which happened to be the planet right outside of her window and she found a boy. A boy who she would watch grow into a man and eventually fall in love with. Over the years, she would notice the evil tyrant Freeza trying to attack Vegetasei and out of her love for the Prince, she would shield Vegetasei from harm. Princess Bulma was extremely powerful at such a young age. She was even more powerful than her father. She would constantly get in trouble when she would save the Saiyans because King Briefs didn't want Freeza to attack the Moon Kingdom, but she insisted that Freeza never knew where the power source was coming from and he would never sense that it was them, especially because of how much her father despised the Saiyans. She wondered if things could ever be different.

Vegeta sat in the passenger seat of the spaceship annoyed as usual. His trip to the planet Namek had proved to be pointless, like he knew it would be. The Namiekian ruler that he was supposed to be meeting with was away at some event of the Moon. Why he wasn't informed was beyond him. He could have saved a trip, especially since he had to travel with his clumsiest guard, Kakkerot. This would be the perfect opportunity for him to take a rest before he got back. Vegetasei was very busy with the upcoming week's events. Mating season was in full effect and he was going to have his own by the end of the week. He was actually looking forward to taking a mate. He hated sleeping alone and he refused to sleep with different women to get his rocks off like his father. This was the reason that Vegeta never knew his mother and why Vegetasei didn't have a Queen. Who would accept a whore to be Queen? Vegeta shook his head, sat back and closed his eyes. They didn't have too far to go, and he wanted to take a quick nap.
“Hey Vegeta? I know you're not tired!”
Vegeta's eyes shot open and gave a death glare to his annoying guard. “What the hell do you want, Kakkerot?”
“Nothin'.” He grinned.
“You idiot. Leave me alone.”
“But I'm bored. What do you think King Vegeta is doing right now?”
“I don't care what my father is doing right now.” He was starting to really get annoyed.
“Do you have anyone in mind for your mate?”
“No.”
“Well, you know who I'm taking as my mate.”
“Oh shut up you fool! We all know who you're mate will be.”
“Yep. I lurve her too.” He said and gave a wide grin.
“Lurve? What the hell is that?”
“I was being silly, Vegeta. I was saying that I love her.”
Vegeta humphed. “There is no such thing in the entire universe and you are weak to think that such a foolish emotion even exists!”
“Ah, you won't understand until it happens to you.”
“I assure you, Kakkerot that it won't.”
Kakkerot was about to speak his mind, when the ship started to shake. “Hey Vegeta, do you feel that?”
“Yes. It's probably just a little turbulence.” Vegeta sat back and closed his eyes once more, but the ship started to shake so much that he couldn't help but wonder what was going on outside.
Kakkerot was working with the controls, but nothing was happening. He looked at the fuel, and it said that the tank was full, so that couldn't be the problem. “Maybe it's a meteor shower?” At that moment, the ship cut off suddenly, causing Kakkerot to run into a wall, knocking him unconscious.
“Shit!” Vegeta said and crawled to him. The turbulence was so bad that you couldn't walk. “Wake up you idiot!” He shook him, but he didn't move. “Fuck!” Vegeta stood up and fell right back down. The ship was loosing control and was lowering fast. Vegeta crawled over to the driver's seat and tried to drive the ship, but the controls were dead. What in the hell was happening? Vegeta hit the buttons on the control panel in hopes that at least one of them would work. He looked over to find an emergency button and pushed it, not knowing that this would cause more harm than good, and it shocked him, causing him to fall unconscious on the control panel.

“So, what is he doing now?” Launch said, finally giving in.
“He's returning home from a mission from Namek.” Bulma turned to face Launch with a sparkle in her eye.
Launch shook her head. Every time she would talk about the Prince, she would get all giddy and starry-eyed, just like a child on Christmas morning.
“What did he go there for?”
“I'm not sure. I don't follow his every move, Launch.”
“Well you could have fooled me. You sit at this window almost every night. You're like a stalker.” She teased.
“Oh hush, Launch. I just care about his well being. I wish that something could be done so that Saiyans would be welcome here.”
“I don't know about that, Bulma. Saiyans haven't been on the moon in thousands of years and you know how strict your father is. He's old fashioned and he's not going to change any laws.”
“Yeah, I know.”
“So, since you know, why you come downstairs with me and enjoy what's left of your party?”
“But I already told you-“
“Listen, Bulma, I'm not going to go through this again, but you need to face reality. Life will go on, and if you keep going on like this you are going to be an old, lonely, Queen.”
Bulma frowned. “That's mean, Launch.”
“It's not mean. It's tough love. Now come on. If you don't want to be there just fake it, at least for your father's sake. He went to a lot of trouble for you and this party.”
“Alright, alright. I'm only going to shut you up, because I know that I won't hear the end of it if I don't.”
“Damn right.” Launch laughed.
Bulma stood up and faced her friend. Launch was originally hired by the King to be Bulma's personal servant, but as the years went by, they became very good friends. Launch was a few years older than Bulma and was one of the most beautiful women in the kingdom. “You're dress is beautiful.”
“You think so?” Launch said and wiped down her long lilac sleeveless dress Her hair was pulled back in long curls with a lilac rose pinned right by her right ear. “Thank you. Tien picked it out for me.”
Bulma giggled at the mention of the man. “Tien, huh? Sounds like you two are getting along pretty well.”
“We are! I hope he asks me to marry him. Ah! I would be the happiest woman on the moon! I love him so much.”
Bulma gave a faint grin. She wished she could experience that feeling with another person.
“You're dress is beautiful as well, Bulma.” Launch said looking over the white strapless princess-style dress that puffed out at the bottom. Bulma was the most beautiful woman that has ever graced the Moon. Her blue eyes were bluer than most of the bluest of oceans and her blue hair was long and always flowed in loose curls. “The suitors will be lining up for you when they see you in that.”
“Thank you.” Bulma said as she adjusted her crown and ignored the suitor comment. “So, shall we?”
“We shall.” Launch smiled and the two women walked out of the room. The walked down the stairs engaging in small talk and as they reached the ballroom doors, Bulma froze.
“What's the matter? I know you're not nervous.”
“No, I'm not. I just that…something's wrong.” Bulma sad and ran to the nearest window.
“Well what is it?” Launch said as she followed her.
“My goodness.” Bulma gasped.
“Damnit Bulma what is it!” She said and started to worry.
“He's in trouble.” Bulma said and ran out side of the palace.
“Huh?” Launch said and ran after her.
“Prince Vegeta. He's in trouble.”
“What's happening?” Launch said and spotted a flashy light. “Look, Bulma. A shooting star. How often do we get to see that?”
“That's not a shooting star, Launch. That's Vegeta's ship. It's going to crash.”
“What? Well can't you stop it?”
“I can't its moving too fast "
“So there is nothing that you can do?”
“Well there is one thing…”
Launch eyed Bulma and started to worry. “Oh no. Bulma you can't.”
“I have too. I have to get onto that ship. That's the only way that I can stop it.”
“You can't be serious.”
“Yes I am!” Bulma said drastically. He could die, Launch.”
“And so could you!”
“I won't. Look, I'll only be gone for about an hour. Cover for me, ok?”
“But, won't your father feel your energy? He's going to know that you're not here.”
“I'm not worried about him right now. I'm a big girl and I can handle myself. Just try and cover for me.”
“Well, I guess-”
“Thanks! That's what friends are for.” Bulma said and with one last smile to her friend, she transported off.
Launch stood in the same place and tried to think of a good lie to tell the King. This is the worst possible thing that Bulma has ever done. Sure, she has saved their planet on numerous occasions, but she never left the palace. Now she was gone! How could she possibly cover for her?
Her thoughts halted when she heard footsteps behind her.
“Where the hell is she!”
Launch gulped and slowly turned to see a fuming King and his court.
`Damn, Bulma. Why do you always do this to me?'

Bulma appeared on the falling space ship to see two Saiyans, both in Saiyan armor. One on the floor and one in the driver's seat. `Oh no. I hope I'm not too late.'
Bulma stood still and focused her energy and slowed the ship. The ship was about to crash into asteroid, and if that would have happened, then the ship would have exploded. Focusing her energy a little more, she managed to put the ship back on route to Vegetasei. It wasn't too far away, and when they touched down, she powered down a little and checked to see if the men were alright. She checked the one on the floor first. He had the weirdest hair that she had ever seen, and he also had a nasty bruise on his face, but he should make a full recovery. She turned to look at the other man, her love as he laid limb on the control board. She fought back tears as she lifted him up to see how bruised up he was. She sat on the floor, and she pulled him down from his chair and laid his head on her lap. She closed her eyes and touched his chest to pinpoint the damage. He was hurt pretty badly, and he was shocked somehow. He lost a lot of blood and his heartbeat was faint. This was not the way that she wanted to meet her Prince. She closed her eyes once again and put both of her hands on his chest and a white glow surrounded her. She tried not to cry, but he was in such bad shape.
`Dear prince…please do not die. You are needed on Vegetasei and I need you more than ever. I love you so much and I don't know would I would do if I lost you. Please wake up…'
He didn't move and Bulma started to cry. His heartbeat was getting weaker and weaker. She bent down so that she could hear his heartbeat. She ripped his shirt open and rubbed his chest, right by his heart. She softly kissed it and released another, more powerful wave of energy.
“Please do not die.” She whispered. “Please do not die. I need you. Please my prince, I need you.” She chanted this over and over again. His heart started to beat faster until it was at a normal pace. Thank goodness she thought, as she continued to lie on his chest. To be near him so close felt so wonderful. She straightened up and studied his face. He was the most handsome being in the universe.
Vegeta flinched and his eyes slowly opened. The ship had stopped. What happened? He looked to his left, then to his right and noticed that he was lying on something quite comfortable and he looked up to see a beautiful woman who seemed to be an angel looking down on him with beautiful blue hair and blue eyes with a mysterious white glow surrounding her. He had never seen such a beautiful creature in all of his life.
“Who are you?” He said.
“I-” she hesitated to tell him who she was.
“Am I dead?” he said in an almost scared tone.
“No.” she smiled. “But you almost did. You should take more care of your ship.”
He stared at her face. She didn't look real, and he didn't want to ever forget it. “Where did you come from?”
“I'm sorry but I can not tell you that Prince Vegeta. I just felt that you needed my power and I came to offer it to you.”
“How do you know my name?”
“Well who doesn't know the Prince of Saiyans?”
“That's true.” Vegeta smirked. He was indeed well known in the universe.
Bulma didn't want to leave him, but she had to before her father found out. She told Launch that she would be only an hour, and she felt that she went over that time by just over an hour.
“I have to go.”
“Why?”
“Because, my Prince, I need to get back home.”
“Are you from Vegetasei?”
“No. I am not a Saiyan.”
That would explain her fragile look. “Stay here a while. I would like to get to know you.”
Bulma smiled sadly. This was what she wanted. This was what she had always wanted, but how bad was the timing?
“I'm sorry my prince, but I can not stay.” He started to speak, but she continued on thinking that this was her only chance to speak her feelings. “I love you my Prince. You are the only man that I have ever loved and will ever love, but you are the only one that I can not have.” She bent down slowly and kissed his chapped lips, but she didn't feel him respond to the kiss. Maybe he didn't like it? Maybe he didn't feel the same? She rose up and looked at him. He had passed out again. Smiling and knowing that he was going to be all right she disappeared and transported back to the Moon Kingdom. She hoped that she hadn't spent too much time away, but when she appeared, she was startled by the sunrise, her smiling mother and her angry father who stood at the entrance waiting for her.
This was not going to be pretty.
Author's Note pt. 2: So, what did you think? What's going to happen between our favorite couple? Please review and tell me what you think about this story this far.
Until next time...