Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Forever and a Day ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AN : okay, let me start out by explaining the ages I've used. . . when the actual story starts (this is just the prologue), Goten will be 16, Bura will be 16, Trunks will be 17, Marron will be 15, Pan will be 11, Ubuu will be 11 (::wonders:: will he even be in this?), and no one else's name matters. I apologize in advance for any spelling mistake (microsoft word refuses for some reason to use spell check) and if u notice any run ons. . . that's just how I tend to write. It should be obvious from the ages I'm using that I won't exactly follow the dbz/dbgt timelines or stories. So. . . for now, let's just say Bura was around during the Buu saga and. . . hmm. . . Goku isn't dead (won't really be important to the story, anyway).

This chapter is basically just a prologue, detailing two early interactions b/w Bura and Goten that I thought was necessary for the story.

Also. . . the more reviews I get, the sooner I'll update (don't have time to update if no one cares but me)

And these :: surrounding words indicate something spoken is being whispered, and everything in italics is someone thinking.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -*-*-*-*-*

Prologue

"Oh, hi Chichi! It's been so long since I've been able to come over and see you. . . I've just been so busy with work and the kids and Vegeta." Bulma walked into the Son household, holding Trunk's hand and carrying Bura's carseat. Chichi closed the door behind her friend, happy for some company other than her two sons and her father.

"Glad to see you. . . I've been so lonely ever since Goku. . ." she sniffed slightly, then smiled. "Well, I put on some tea and have some food baking. It should be ready in a few minutes. C'mon, let's go to the kitchen." The group migrated into the next room where the smell of food permeated the air. Trunks licked his lips, having only eaten a couple of hours ago.

"Smells good, Chi," Bulma said absentmindedly as she put the carseat on the kitchen table and looked around. "I like what you've done with the place."

"Oh!" Chichi squealed as she turned around. "You brought the baby!" She rushed over to the table and started smiling and talking in babytalk to Bura. "She's so adorable! :: She definitely gets her looks from you.:: She can't be more than a few months old!"

"Oh, that's right! You haven't gotten the chance to see her yet," Bulma said, somewhat proud to show off her baby girl to someone new.

Chichi nodded slightly, her attention still directed towards the infant. Bura cooed to herself, drool bubbling at her mouth. "Yep, she's a cutie all right. How long ago did you cut off her tail?"

Bulma crossed her arms and looked down at her daughter. "Well. . . Let's see. . . She's six months now. . . I guess it was. . . three months ago? I'm not sure. Vegeta didn't want it to be cut off, and it took me a while to convince him otherwise. He's still kinda mad about it. . . Oh! I forgot to ask, where's Gohan?"

Chichi gave one last smile to Bura, then walked over to the stove to check on whatever was inside. "He's in his room, studying. ::At least he better be.::" She opened the stove, releasing the thick sent of bread throughout the room. Trunks, barely up to his mother's knee, sniffed it in and started pulling at his mother's arm.

"Hungry," he said.

"I know, sweetie," Bulma said. "How long, do you think, until it's done?"

"'Bout half on hour. You can put the kids in the living room, if you want, so we can talk. Goten's there in his playpen. He's such a dear - never makes a fuss and is happy enough playing by himself."

"You're lucky," Bulma replied as she picked up the car seat and followed Chichi into the next room. "These two were always making a racket when they were younger. Bura's just stopped. But they always want attention - especially from their father, heaven knows why. He's not overly fond of watching them, you know how he is, but he does when he has to. They never cry around him, unless he's leaving."

Chichi nodded as she took Goten out of his playpen and set him on the ground in front of Trunks. "He barely turned a year old a few weeks ago - too bad you haven't seen him in so long. Maybe you should start bringing the kids over more often to play. Might do them some good."

Bulma set down the car seat. "You two be good," she warned, then returned to the kitchen with Chichi. Trunks and Goten looked longingly after their mothers, not wanting to be left alone with the other, strangers that they were to each other.

Eventually, Trunks saw something in the corner he thought was interesting (it was the beat-up t.v.) and started playing with it. Goten watched him out of curiousity for a while until he got bored and moved in to investigate the car seat and its occupant. Looking in, he saw Bura, chewing quietly on one of her toys. He raised an eyebrow slightly, confused as to what this new person was, if it was even a person.

Bura stopped her chewing to look up at her visitor. "Daba!" she squealed and started smiling and moving her arms happily. Goten, confused, said one of the few words he knew. "Food?"

Bura spit at him in annoyance, herself knowing that word. "Buwa!" she said, making it clear that she wasn't any sort of edible treat.

Goten thought a minute before he replied. "Go-teno." Bura nodded slightly in understanding and squealed again in happiness, this time adding leg movements to her excitement. At this noise, Trunks glanced over curiously to make sure his sister was alright. Seeing the stranger too close to Bura, Trunks yelled something to the effect of "Don't hurt her or you're dead!" then continued watching the duo warily for a moment until the t.v. once again proved more interesting.

Goten stared at Trunks for a minute, then turned to Bura for some sort of explanation. Bura squealed and said "Trun!" Goten nodded and sat down next to the car seat. After a while, he found the need to touch this "Buwa" too great and started touching her small amounts of turquoise hair. Bura just watched and then grabbed Goten's hand. Laughing as he tried to pull his arm away, Bura was actually able to keep a grip on the older Saiyan. Finally, Goten stopped protesting and relaxed his arm; Bura immediately decided to stick his fingers into her mouth and suck on them. Cooing once again, she eventually fell asleep.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -*-*-*-*

"Trunks, honey, can you come here a minute? I need your help with something!" Bulma called from inside Capsule Corps.

"Fine, fine! I'm coming!" he yelled back, waving slightly to Bura and Goten as he ran into the building.

It was the summer after the whole Majin Buu issue had been resolved and Bulma was babysitting Goten and Gohan while Chichi took a much needed day off. Well, she was supposed to be babysitting. . . The three had actually been playing in the backyard, meaning the younger two demi-Saiyans had been at the mercy of Trunks's demands, him being the unconfirmed leader of the troop.

Now that he was gone, Bura and Goten were allowed to actually talk and play together without interference.

"Can you teach me how to fly?" Bura asked suddenly.

"Nani!? Vegeta-san never taught you!?" Goten exclaimed. Bura shook her head. Putting his hand on his chin and thinking hard, Goten finally said, "I guess I could try. . . But I'm not sure if I'd be a good teacher or not. . ."

"That doesn't matter! I'm a fast learner. Besides, Trunks and Daddy won't teach me. And I wanna learn." Goten nodded solemnly, understanding. He, too, had wanted to fly and had to pester Gohan into teaching him.

"Okay, I'll try. . . But I think I'll teach you differently than Gohan taught me. . ." Before Bura could even asking how Gohan had taught Goten how to fly, Goten grabbed her and blasted off into the air. She screamed from shock but then calmed down.

"Don't DO that!" she yelled, hitting Goten's shoulder with her fist. He laughed.

"Sorry, Bura-chan. Okay, this is how we're gonna do it," he said as he stopped several miles above the ground. "I'm gonna let go, and you have to use your energy to keep from fallin'. Don't worry, if you can't, I'll catch you, I promise."

Bura's face revealed the slightest bit of anxiety. "Are you sure this is a good idea." Goten nodded vigorously.

"Don't worry!" he said, giving the infamous Son smile. "This would've been the easiest way for me to learn how to fly if Gohan had done this instead. C'mon! It'll be fun."

Bura's frowned, not seeing the fun at all. "Okay, just tell me for you let me go-" she started, but was interrupted as Goten released her. "Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!" she screamed. After a few seconds she stopped and started focusing her energy, hoping to at least slow down her fall. Goten dived down and was next to her as she struggled to fly.

After a few moments, she looked at Goten in a panic. "Help! I can't do it!" she yelled. "Keep trying!" was all he said, smiling. They were only a mile and a half above the Capsule Corp complex. "Please!" she screamed. "I can't! I really can't!" Goten stuck out his tongue. "I don't believe you!"

Bura tried to consentrate on gathering the ki needed to keep her from being splattered all over the pavement but couldn't focus. She closed her eyes to increase her effort, but to no avail. She opened her eyes to beg for Goten's help but found he wasn't there. Panic once again surfaced as she looked around for her so-called teacher.

Seconds before she would have hit the ground, she was swept upwards by strong arms. Momentarily stunned by this rescue, she turned and stared wordlessly at Goten. "Told you I'd catch you." She just nodded weakly, feeling the color completely drain from her face. Afraid he'd drop her with no warning again, she clenched her arms around his neck. He just stared at her.

For a while he continued to look at her, mesmorized by something. "What?" Bura finally asked, and Goten leaned in slightly to kiss her briefly on the lips. "Nothin'," was all he said.

"Nothing?" Bura muttered, confused.

He grinned widely. "Just thought for a second I loved you." Bura frowned, unsure of what he could mean. After a few more seconds, he continued. "I think I'll marry you when I get older."

At this Bura couldn't keep quiet. "Marry me!? Why would you wanna do that?"

He shrugged. "Like I said, I thought I loved you."

"So you probably don't! C'mon, stop joking around!" He smiled again.

"I never said if I decided whether or not I loved you." Before she could ask him anything else, he broke eye contact with her. "So. . . Let's teach you how to fly. . ."var PUpage="76001074"; var PUprop="geocities"; var yviContents='http://us.toto.geo.yahoo.com/toto?s=76001074&l=NE&b=1& amp;t=1057942461';yviR='us';yfiEA(0); geovisit();