Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Foundling ❯ What Does It Eat?! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"I'm not sure what to fed him." Yellowthorn said. She was in her mother's den, talking with the older woman as she so often did, especially when a problem presented itself. The clear-thinking, serene Brightspear seemed to always know a way around a problem whenever her daughter presented her with one.

"I've tried milk from one of the whelping-wolves, but he does not take to it. Even Cloudlily's offered up her own, which she needs for the twins, you know, and nothing. I can't understand it. A cubling needs nourishment, doesn't it? How is he ever going going to grow without it?"

"He is not a wolfrider, Daughter." Brightspear answered, smiling at the swaddled, sleeping little one her daughter held, "He is not even an elf. Anyone with eyes can see that. Perhaps where he is from, one does not drink milk as an infant. He does not look to be suffering any ill effects, now does he?"

"I suppose not." Yellowthorn said, "I gave him some water from my flask the day I found him and he seemed to like that well enough."

"Perhaps that is all he needs." Brightspear said, "He will let you know, in his own way, if he needs more."