Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Foundling ❯ Curious Elves ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


"Oooh! What is it?" One of the cubs asked, standing on tip-toe to look into the blankets Yellowthorn held to her breast protectively, "Can I see?"

"You'll all get your turns, Redblossom!" Yellowthorn answered, laughing, "I found Littleleaf while I was berry-picking.or, at least, about to be berry-picking."

"Looks to me like you picked up something else to me, girl." Said gruff Half-Eye, whose left eye, the sight nearly gone due to an infection long ago, was the cause of his name, came forward. He took the bundle into his own capable arms and hefted the infant high above his whiskered face to look at it. "By my beard.!" He exclaimed, his one blue eye rounding with surprise, "Lad's green!"

"Aye, Father." Yellowthorn laughed, "And he's not an apple to be tossed about, best hand him back now before he gets sick and you truly have something to be shocked about!"

Without further word, the male hands the cub back over to his waiting daughter. "Least his ears are right." He grumbled beneath his breath. His daughter giggled beneath her hand as she used her other to straighten Littleleaf back into place against her arm.

As she expected, the chief, Tanner, was too busy with his own activities, mainly that of the tanning of hides and the making of dyes into different, more vibrant hues, to worry much over Yellowthorn's foundling. Even if he did appear to be green with funny things sticking out of his head. As Half- Eye said earlier; At least his ears were right. It's not as if she'd brought back a human cub, afterall.