Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Foundling ❯ Red and Twig ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Redblossom was old enough, now, to go hunting ravvits on her own. She just wished she didn't have to take Littleleaf with her. He was such a pest. He was always following her around and getting into stuff. She could count on both hands the times she'd gotten him out of trouble or taken the blame for something he did! It wasn't fair! He wasn't even her real little brother!

"Hey, Red! Wait up!" She groaned as she forced a smile, slowing down so he could catch up with her, "I can't walk as fast as you! Your bigger than me, remember?"

"How could I forget, Twig?" She said, patting him on his hair-less head, she'd started calling him Twig almost from the moment she laid eyes on him, but, as he grew, his lankiness giving way to muscle, she decided that she needed to find a new nickname for him.

She lifted him up onto her shoulders, and realized that he had indeed been growing, he was much heavier than he used to be, and continued to walk through the forest away from the holt. "Have you gone Ravvit hunting before, Red?" He asked, as he grasped double hand-fulls of her white-gold hair, trying to keep upright.

** Send now, Pest! ** She touched his mind with her own, the light annoyance barely concealing the underlying tenderness she really felt for him, ** You don't want to scare them away, do you? **

** Nope! **

The hunt had been unsuccessful. But, first hunts alone.or with little brothers.often are. Redblossom shrugged it off and decided, next time, she would go alone and have no distractions. Littleleaf would just have to be content to stay in the holt with Yellowthorn and the others when the time came.