Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen ❯ Pastry pie! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I would like to thank everyone who read and reviewed, except for a Spectre63 (you know who you are), who DID NOT review. I made this one extra long for those who like my story. (No one) For those who do not, I suggest you RUN FOR YOUR LIFE CAUSE A WHOLE LOT OF MUSHYNESS IS COMING YOUR WAY!!!!

Frozen Chapter 3

It was the night of the Royal Court Ball, and everyone was scrambling around frantically, trying to put himself or herself to use. The pond swans had wandered into the hall to eat the cook's food, the orchestra had not arrived, and it was seven-thirty. "Get those godforsaken pigeons out of here!!! We should put them on the menu rather than have them as blasted decorations!" screamed the cook. "I'm trying my hardest! They're just taking a liking to your pastry pie." The king's personal servant said. "My pie?! He's eating my pie? If I catch any of those pigeon rats near my works of art you cannot hold me responsible for my actions!" and with that both ran off to round up the graceful birds.

"Where is my son? Is he ready yet?" questioned an impatient King Vegeta. "The prince is almost ready Sire, the servants are attending to him right this moment." Said the guard. "Grr…that boy better be ready by eight or I shall personally spar with him for the next month!!" he shouted, stomping off into the direction of the hall.

"Prince Vegeta are you ready?" the quite maid asked. "Yes, tell my father I will be there shortly." Vegeta answered. "Yes your highness." As the maid walked out of the room, Vegeta looked himself over in the tall mirror by his bureau. `Well, at least I look decent.' He thought. Vegeta was wearing a solemn navy suit, with the royal seal embroidered on the right shoulder. His cape was lined with gold, and his brown fluffy tail stood up proud and erect. `Tonight I must take back Vegetasei's right, our right as Saiyan's. Father will be stopped one way or another.' Taking one last glance at his appearance in the mirror, he walked off to join his father on the throne.

Bulma spun around happily, almost vainly, looking at her reflection in the pond by the creek. Her hair was upswept into a beautiful bun, and was wearing her mother's diamond necklace. Her dainty white shoes were also her mother's, and matched her elegant dress. `I never thought I could look so much…. like a woman.' She thought dreamily. All her life she had been a child, the quiet girl who had never played with the other children. Now she was beautiful young woman, ready to be swept in some dashing young man's arm and experience her first real kiss. "Let's go Bulma, you don't want to make a bad impression on the king by arriving late do you?" her father called. "No I do not father, let us ride the wind to King Vegeta's castle." She climbed in to the stagecoach and her father whipped the horses extra hard to get to the castle in record speed.

When Bulma and her father had arrived, the gates to the castle were overflowing with people. Noblemen, royalty, the famed and the incredibly rich all escorted by beautiful carriages, trying to enter the giant lit up castle. "Father, do we not seem a bit out of place? Everyone is either filthy rich or of royal blood? Why would the king bother to invite the middle class?" Bulma asked. "I'm not sure Bulma, maybe he's going to give me a Nobel Peace prize and a million zeni for my latest preservative," joked Dr. Briefs. They enjoyed a quick laugh, the returned to marveling at the castle. "Wow, it's so big," he exclaimed. "I wonder if they use all of the rooms." Bulma wondered. "Excuse me, but do you both have an invitation?" said a guard, walking up to the carriage. "Why yes we do, here you go." Dr. Briefs rummaged around in his breast pocket and produced the fancy envelope. "Ah! You are the king's personal guests! Come this way, one of my men will take care of your carriage." The guard said, holding his hand out for Bulma. `The king's personal guests? Why did he invite us? It doesn't make perfect sense.' Bulma wondered as she took his hand and lightly stepped out of the carriage. The guard escorted them to the gates. "The hall is down to the right, you are in the king's private chamber with all the other personal guests. If you wish later, have someone escort you to the normal ball. Have a goodnight." With that the guard walked off to help someone else. "Did you hear that father? We are the king's private guests!!" Bulma exclaimed happily. "Hmm…I think he did not invite us for pleasure Bulma, I am beginning to suspect that is he after our inventions." Dr. Briefs said warily. "Do not trust these royals, if they mention anything of business, pretend you do not understand, or change the subject." "Oh father, you worry too much." Bulma said nonchalantly. "Bulma! I am serious!" he said loudly. "Alright father!! I will do as you ask! Do not fret!" she exclaimed. Dr. Briefs sighed a relief and they walked arm in arm into the castle walls.

`I cannot believe I was forced to come to this.' Vegeta thought angrily. `I will have to speak to father later, when I get him alone. This boring party is no such place for a heated discussion.' He rolled his eyes and turned to look at who entered. A look of impressment fell across his face, and his eyebrows arched high. A devilish smirk formed on his face as her took in the beauty that lay before him. In had walked Bulma, in all her glory. Tall, graceful being, long legs, shiny locks, and her face as if kissed by an angel. She took Vegeta's breath away, and for a brief moment he forgot he was supposed to a cold, heartless man. What was this strange feeling? Was he actually capable of loving someone? He did not exactly love his father; rather it was reverence of some sick kind. But he never respected women; he figured they wouldn't amount up to anything. They would give birth to strong warriors and cook for them. A woman could never be intelligent enough to be a doctor, or never be strong enough to be a warrior. But now…his mind paid no attention to what he supposedly believed. `My god! Look at that majestic creature! I have never in my life seen anyone as beautiful as her!' he thought astonished. `I must ask her to dance with me tonight.' Vegeta got up and walked in her direction.

As Bulma walked in, melodious music filled her ears, and delicious scents wafted her nose. `I believe tonight will be delightful, even if I do not meet the king.' She thought, eyeing the pastry pie. Suddenly, an odd figure caught her attention. It was a short attractive male, with black spiked hair, that stood on end as if he was frightened out of his wits. He wore a plain navy suit, although very fine, and a gold/navy cape. His expression was that of curiosity, and he was looking in her direction. `Oh dear Gaia! Is that the king!? No, he is much too young to rule yet, it must be Prince Vegeta!!' she thought frantically. `Oh! Must look attractive!' She smoothed her hair and straightened her dress, smiling a shy beautiful smile.

`Ah, so she noticed me,' he thought excitedly. He walked up to her confidently even though inside he was trembling inside like a leaf from fear. He had never been taught how to speak to girls; hell, he didn't know he even liked them...until now. "Why hello there Miss…. uh…" he stammered. "Briefs. Bulma Briefs." She answered, her voice beginning to tremble. "Miss Briefs. I am Lord Vegeta the III of Vegetasei, heir to the throne. May I have the honor for this dance?" he said without a stitch. "Why of course Prince Vegeta, you may have this dance." She said curtsying politely. `Oh no! This is the daughter of Dr. Briefs! I have to dispose of this beautiful, intelligent doe? I would not! Hmm… let me just see how this goes, and then I shall take my next course of action.' Vegeta thought to himself. `Oh wow! The prince has just asked me to dance with him! He is sooo much more handsome that what those silly girls say.' Bulma thought to herself also. Vegeta then took her hand, and they began to waltz across the dance floor. "You are quite a good dancer my lord," Bulma said sheepishly, looking down. "You are as well, Miss Briefs. I would have you teach me." Vegeta answered. "You have no need for a teacher." She said bravely. She quieted and moved her face closer to his, and breathed in his manly scent. `Oh! He smells like the woods during autumn.' She thought happily. Vegeta looked at her as she got closer and smiled, breathing in her hair. `Ah, she smells like my mother used too, like roses.' On they danced, neither one aware of the intensifying attraction both had for each other. When the dance ended, Bulma pulled away reluctantly. She was beginning to fall for him, and hard. Vegeta was doing the likewise and their eyes could not be torn apart from each other. `You are very bewitching, little one!' he thought. "Come, sit with me at my table, I would love to know you." He invited, taking her hand. `Well father did not say I could talk to him about normalcy, so I am not doing wrong.' She thought quickly. "Of course." She took his arm and they walked to his table and she sat down next to Vegeta.

`Ah, so Vegeta likes the present I have given him.' King Vegeta thought, watching as Vegeta escorted Bulma to her. `The girl is quite the beauty, but her intelligence surpasses that of her fathers. Once I get to him, she will be no problem.' He thought diabolically.

"Are you having a nice time Miss Briefs?" Vegeta asked politely. "Yes, everything is simply beautiful. May I ask why my father and I were invited?" Bulma questioned. `Oh no…' "Well I am not in charge of the guest list, but I am sure your fathers has come up with something ingenious and King Vegeta wishes to look it over." He said aimlessly. "A preservative." She said bluntly. "A what? A preservative?" he asked. "Yes, it makes produce last much longer than usual. Interesting? I think not." She said. "Is there something the matter?" he asked, concerned. "I wish not to speak of it. Come, let us enjoy the night." She said trying to change the subject. "You are right. Would you accompany me on the balcony?" he asked. Bulma smiled and took his arm as they walked towards the balcony to sit. `Whew…that was close.' Bulma thought. `I must be more careful. Well, at least I got to meet the prince, and I think he likes me!' Vegeta led her to the railing, and as they looked over the railing at the countryside, a nice breeze blew over, and made Bulma's hair flutter. `Dear me…I cannot comprehend this beauty. She is quite unlike any other in the universe.' He thought while admiring her delicate face. "Do you see those woods over there, I live in a cottage in the middle of those woods." She directed. "You live in Cerulean city?" he asked, not really listening. "Yes, in Ilex forest. It's very beautiful." She answered. "Could never compare," he whispered. "Pardon? Compare to what?" she asked. "To you." Bulma turned her head and stared deep into his eyes. "Your eyes…you could get lost in them." She said, looking up. Vegeta took her face into his hands and stared at her clear, crystal blue eyes. "Bulma…" he began. She closed her eyes and he lowered his face to hers. As their lips touched, the passion intensified and she wrapped her arms around his neck, and he wound his around her waist. Her soft method of kissing was quite the opposite of his hungry, passionate way, but he soon calmed down and they enjoyed the perfect blissful moment. When they broke apart, lust filled their eyes and they clutched each other tight. "I must see you again…I cannot…" he said looking down. "I…cannot let you go." Happiness welled in Bulma's eyes, and a single tear dropped down. She quickly brushed it away and said to him, "Come to the creek in the forest. I will be waiting for you. It is late and I am sure my carriage awaits me." She looked into his eyes and gave him another deep kiss. Vegeta responded quickly, but she pulled away. "Do not tell anyone, my father disapproves of royalty. Goodnight Vegeta." She said smiling. "Goodnight Bulma." As she walked off, she looked behind her and blew Vegeta a kiss. Smiling, he looked to the heavens and whispered, "Thank you…"

How'd you like that? I know Vegeta sounds a little out of character, but as the story progresses, there will be a valid reason. Please tell me if it's good or crappy, because if do not know, I can't make adjustments!!!!! And Spectre63, I was kidding, so don't come to school all pissed off!!