Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen ❯ Bulma's new perdy dress ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I guess everyone hates my story…

Frozen Chapter 2

It was a bright Saturday morning, only a week left until the Royal Court Ball. Bulma was washing her family's clothes in the small creek in the woods behind her house. The sky shone in bright azure patches through the thick branches of the trees surrounding Bulma. All the forest scents and sights permeated her senses as she paused in her chores to lie on the soft grass and reflect on the past week. `I just cannot believe my luck, being invited to the kings Royal Court Ball.' Suddenly alarmed, she quickly sat up. "Oh no!" she whispered aloud to herself. "I-I don't even have a gown to wear!" Tears began to form in her clear blue eyes, but then she calmed. `I supposed father will have to purchase one for me from the tailor.' Shrugging it off, she finished up her chores, and hung the clean smelling laundry out to dry in the warm, bright sun. She began to hum a sorrowful tune, and said aloud sweetly, "Why of course Prince Vegeta, you may have this dance," she began twirling gracefully around, pretending someone special was holding her in his arms. Her humming grew louder, and words began to form. "You're frozen, when your hearts not open…" Her soft blue hair swirled around her and she closed her eyes. "If I could melt your heart…" "Bulma!! Bulma what are you doing?!" Startled by the loud voice Bulma opened her eyes and looked around her. Her father was standing down by the path to her house, looking at Bulma as if she had her clothes on backwards. Turning her face she blushed a deep crimson, and tried to act as if nothing had happened. "Bulma, you mother reminded me just now that you didn't have a gown for the ball, I'm going into town right now, would you care to come along and perhaps choose one?" he called. "Yes father, I was just thinking about that this very moment!" she said, beginning to gather up her cleaning items. "Oh I see, that is why you were prancing about singing a childish song?" he said with a twinkle in his eyes. Bulma blushed an even deeper red, and smiled sheepishly. "Ah do not take me seriously, I am merely jesting," Dr. Briefs said smiling. Laughing she walked over to her father. "Let us go before it gets too late," she said happily.

"Where is my father?" asked an angry Vegeta. "He is in a meeting right now your highness, I'm sorry but you will have to return to your studies." the guard said. "My studies?! What possible use might I have for that in my future!?" Vegeta questioned. The puzzled guard stood there thinking. "Well one day you might have to.." "Silence!! I will have none of this idiotic banter! I will have to speak with my father later." he interrupted. With that he stomped away. "I have to stop this! When has father lost his Saiyan respect? Relying on pitiful human inventions to further our battle against Frieza? What we need are strong warriors with loyalty to the Vegetean crown!" He thought angrily. "I will have to dispose of these weak prospects at next weeks ball, then I will plan my strategy to overthrow my fathers reign.."

Bulma and her father were in Marth's tailors looking for a gown for Bulma to wear to the ball. Her father had already purchased a finely made suit two years ago, which still fit him, so he planned to wear that. "What about this one Bulma? This one is a pretty aqua color." Dr. Briefs said. "No no no, I want a white one father! A beautiful white one!" Bulma answered. "White? Bulma this isn't your wedding!" "Aye father but I want to look simply elegant!" she turned her attention to an ugly, rancid, green dress, when it caught her eye. Located in the back corner, next to a pink hat with a white flower, was the perfect gown. It was an iridescent white, with a feathery type of decoration around the shoulders. It would show a little more that a lot of cleavage, but Bulma thought this necessary if she was going to catch the prince's eye. Being skin tight from the waist up, Bulma imagined it would be quite uncomfortable. The gloves were attached to the shoulders and her skin would show from that point up. (For those who can't imagine it, think of Morrigan from Darkstalkers' costume turned into a white dress. Pretty eh?) "Father, this one is beautiful! This is the one!" she exclaimed excitedly. "Are you sure this is the "one" Bulma? It's a little overpriced for a dress you'll wear only once." Her father said. "It is, it is! I'll get it still even if I have to I'll wear it at my wedding!" she answered joyfully. "What?! Bulma your only fifteen, you aren't getting married!!" her father began to shout. "I am kidding father, but please? When will I ever get this golden opportunity again in my life?" she begged, her eyes wide with hope. "I…oh okay Bulma, you may buy it, but you are not marrying until I say, is that clear!!??" Bulma just laughed and skipped to Marth to pay for the dress. "What a very fine selection Miss Briefs, I assure you even the prince himself will ask you for a dance." He said smiling. Bulma blushed and turned her head, but she missed her father's eyes glaring daggers at Marth. "Here you go, and I hope you have a fine time." Marth said. "Thank you Marth. Come father, we must go. Night is approaching and I still need to bring in the laundry." Bulma said looking to her father. "Alright," he said defeatedly, and off they went.

"Are the preparation complete for tomorrow nights ball?" asked King Vegeta. "Yes your Majesty, all the preparation are completed. You have absolutely nothing to worry about." answered the nobleman. "Excellent, is my son ready as well?" he asked. "Prince Vegeta is as ready as he ever will be, although he does not seem to enthusiastic about this." answered the noble man. "Ah do not mind him, he will grow used to these. After all the Doctor's beautiful daughter will be there." King Vegeta said. "What is her name again, Bluma?" "No it's Bulma. She will be an excellent diversion to keep our prince from butting into where he does not belong." King Vegeta said. "You are quite the cunning one your highness, I am sure everything will go as planned."

How'd you like that? Good? Crappy? Well tell me next time, but don't be too harsh mmkay?