Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen ❯ The invitation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do NOT own DBZ, this song, or anything but a mangy rabbit, and a chewed up pencil. Do NOT sue me, you will get NOTHING!! This is my first fan fic ever, and if you cuss me out, I'll cuss you out back okay?!

Frozen

You only see what your eyes want to see…

How can your life be what you want it to be?

You're frozen…when your hearts not open…

You're so consumed with how much you get

You waste your time with hate and regret,

You're frozen, when your hearts not open….

If I could melt your heart…

We'd never be apart…

Madonna

In a city named Cerulean, on planet Vegetasei, lived a humble doctor, and his beautiful inventor of a daughter, Bulma. Dr. Briefs and his family had immigrated from Chikyyu, to Vegetasei, to take advantage of the drastic scientific advancement. Dr. Briefs is a philanthropist, so he refuses to work for the King; instead, he invents things for the people. The royal family isn't exactly pleased with this, and sends an invitation to a ball, in hopes of bribing him to help them advance their battle techniques…

Dr. Briefs looked up as he heard a peculiar knock on the front door. "Who might be calling at this hour," he wondered, putting out his cigarette in the half full ashtray. He had been working on a certain type of new preservative to keep food fresh for longer periods of time for the vegetable man in the Cerulean city market, and it was taking it's toll on him. "Bulma! Get the door!" Bulma was a beautiful budding girl of fifteen, just entering the cold hard world. "Yes father," she answered absently, padding gently down the stairs. As she lifted her arm to undo the latch, she paused. "Who's calling?" she asked loudly. "An emissary from King Vegeta, I have a letter for Dr. Briefs! `A letter for my father? From the king? Whatever for?' she thought inquisitively. "One moment please Sir!" She quickly undid the latch and opened the door. "Here you go Miss Briefs, please be sure to give it to him." The young man said. "I assure you I will, Goodnight." "Goodnight Miss." She closed the door against the cold and looked at the letter. It was a small, rectangular shaped letter, with the royal seal on the back. `An invitation perhaps?' she wondered. "Bulma, who was it?" her father called from upstairs. "A letter for you father!" she answered. "For me? Why?" he said coming down. "Well read it and find out!" she exclaimed anxiously. He reached over and broke the seal. "It's from the king too, how odd," he thought aloud. "Hurry father, hurry!!" she squealed. He pulled out a folded up letter, and as he unfolded it, it had gold embossing, and was written in fancy calligraphy. "Well I'll be damned, it's an invitation to the Royal Court Ball! I'd never in the whole universe expect one of these!" he said, his eyes wide with disbelief. "Oh father! Every girl in Cerulean city would kill for one! Please, please take me!!" She cried. "Well, I was going to ask your mother…." He paused. "Father, please!" "Oh alright Bulma, I'll take you." He said, faking a sigh. "Yay! Oh father, can I show the king my latest invention?! He'll love it and I'll be famous and I might even get to marry Prince Vegeta!!" Just the thought of Prince Vegeta made Dr. Briefs shudder. "Bulma, even if Vegeta was the last boy on Vegetasei, I wouldn't let you marry him. Remember what I told you? The royal family are murderers, and we cannot let then use our wonderful inventions for their evil deeds," he said sternly. But it was too late; Bulma's head swam with the romantic images of Vegeta she had concocted over time. A lot of girls in Cerulean city had fallen head over heels for the young, arrogant prince, although most of them had not even seen his face, (Bulma) since he rarely ventured out of the castle walls. Prince Vegeta was the mirror image of his father, and though only being a boy, he had begun showing signs of his father's short temper and maliciousness. "Oh dear," Dr. Briefs muttered.

"Are you sure he received it?!" King Vegeta asked impatiently. "Y-yes your Highness, I gave the invitation to his daughter," stammered the extremely frightened Page. "You half-wit! It was meant to be put in Dr. Briefs' hands himself! Do I have to everything myself to keep you all from screwing up?! King Vegeta screamed. "I-I'm sorry your highness." the page muttered, closing his eyes in terror. King Vegeta stood up from his throne and grabbed the limp Page by his collar. "If the Briefs do not show, boy, I will personally punish you, is that clear?" he said, rage clearly emanating from his eyes. "Y-yes my king," the Page said squirming. "Be gone." The Page scrambled to his feet and made a beeline for the door. `Soon,' thought King Vegeta. `Soon I will have those two astounding minds for my disposal…'

`Father is out of control,' thought a darkly unhappy Prince Vegeta from the shadows. `I will have to overthrow him soon…'

So what do you guys think of this? If I get some response I'll update this VERY soon. Sooner than you think, Mwa hahaha!