Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Fueled by Anger, Driven by Despair ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fueled by Anger, Driven by Despair
by Kaz Valkyrie
Prologue

Bone-weary though she was, she found sleep impossible.

Her entire body hurt from the hours of walking under the fiery heat, not to mention the beating and all the other activities that followed the life of a slave in Temer-sei. Unfortunately, it was her first, and she was given a task she had never wanted to do in the first place. But she was left without a choice, for she was nothing now. A slave, and nothing more than that.

She wanted to get out of bed and take a walk around, but when she moved, a hand squeezed her upper thigh in reflex. She laid her head back into the soft pillows, and her eyes narrowed considerably as an arm enveloped her.

She grimaced. Of all the jobs a slave could do, she was put into one she had never ever wanted to do.

Of all kinds of slaves, she just had to be a sex slave.

She scowled as she thought of how everything came to be. Memories came pouring back into her head, memories of all the harsh things she had gone through for the past few years. And to think she was living a normal, carefree life back at Chikyuu-sei.

Until someone turned against her.

She sighed as she fixed up her robe, which was about to fall off her shoulders because of the man's tug. She then tried to push his arm away, so she could finally sleep and be at peace for the next few hours, but to her dismay, he woke up from his slumber. She immediately pretended she was asleep. She moved a bit so that she would be lying on her side and not face the man, when she felt --- and smelled --- his hot, foul breath against her ear.

"Why so restless, my lady?"

She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to keep up with her facade, when the other yanked her roughly towards him, and she was soon facing him. Their faces were only a few inches from each other, and she could not help grimacing in disgust as his breath stung her face.

The other merely smiled. "I see you are awake, my lady. The wine has lost effect on me already, and I'm ready to do something... a lot more interesting."

She tried to turn back to her original position, but the man's grip was tight. She also noticed that then and there he was securing her in place by putting one of his strong legs over hers. "My lady, I'm waiting. And it is not wise to keep a man waiting. Let us begin, we don't have much time. Let's start and heat things up a bit," he muttered with a smile full of excitement... and malice.

She took a second to look at the clock and her hopes were crushed.

4:06.

She still had almost two hours to go with that man.

His eyes glistened with much excitement and anticipation as he snuggled even closer against her. "What do you say, my lady? We only have two hours left. Let's make use of what we have left."

She bit her lip. If she would not be able to use her charm the right way, she was going to get it, for sure. She tried to think of a way to get out of the mess she was in alive and well. She did not want to get laid just yet, not with this man, not with anyone, for that matter. Finally, an idea struck her, and with her most seductive voice that used to send chills through other men's spines, she whispered, "I would love to... but I'm exhausted right now, and it's my first night. Do you want the excitement to run out? I'm only good once, my lord. Why don't you give me a day to freshen up? I'll be ready for you by tomorrow... and I'm going to give it my best shot."

The other seemed to ponder on her offer, and then, he smirked. "Tomorrow, then?"

"If that is what you would like, my lord."

"Then rest up for the last few hours," he replied. "I shall do the same."

She sighed in relief, although she knew that her problems were not yet over. She had to escape before nightfall. Because if she won't be able to do so, then she'd be as good as dead. She closed her eyes as the man inched away from her, although she still felt uncomfortable because he might pounce on her for the remaining two hours.

She opened her eyes.

05:56.

Almost there... she told herself as she moved to a more comfortable position. Four minutes more, and her nightmare with the man would be over. She laid on her back, for her sides were aching from all the weight. After all, the bed wasn't really what one could call comfortable. She gazed at the ceiling, although she was looking at something beyond that. She was trying to grasp her joys, she was trying to feed herself with her fantasies, just to savor the life she once had.

Fate was evil and it robbed her of her dreams.

Evil, indeed.

As she budged from her still position, she felt something on her chest. She looked down to see a tiny pouch tucked into her cleavage. Confusion was clearly depicted on her face as she took it out and examined what was inside.

An emerald ring and a few gold coins.

And a note that had only one word, scribbled in a messy manner.

Tomorrow.

She turned to look at the man beside her, but he was gone. She immediately sat up and looked around.

But he was gone.

The clock struck six, and the tavern burst into life. Doors opened and closed simultaneously, footsteps thundered up and down the numerous flights of stairs, and voices echoed --- male and female alike --- in chorus with the ringing church bells and chirping birds. Every morning would be like that from that point on.

Not unless she'd manage to escape before nightfall.

"Why?" she called out to no one in particular. "Why did this happen to me? What have I done to deserve this?!"

Only the silence replied.

Tears glistened in her eyes as everything that happened to her began to take their toll. She was just a happy, normal girl, until fate turned its iron claws on her. Now, she was in a nightmare she wanted to escape dearly, but she could not break free. Her fantasies, her dreams, her aspirations --- all of them were locked up in her heart, for she could not do anything to make them come to life.

And she blamed all of her misfortunes into the thing called fate.

Fate was deep, uncomprehensible, confusing and complicated. Something that cannot be clearly defined. But for a girl like her, a victim of fate, it was something evil that for some reason... cannot be avoided.

Just like... death.

However, she was one of those mortals determined to change their fate. She was determined to alter it and twist it with her own hands. She was determined to create her own destiny using her own power, to get back what she had lost, and to take what she had always wanted to have.

Her name was Videl Satan.