Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Generations ❯ The New Prelude ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Prelude

Pan smiles as she watches her only grandchild, Goku Jr. trade blows with the current descendant of Vegeta, his grandson, Vegeta Jr. It is an amazing match. Both are in the form of Super Saiyan. A form Pan never achieved.

Being 114 years old, she is still active as ever. She was recently ill, doctors said that it was her time. Goku Jr. wouldn't have it as he went to search for the Dragon Balls to wish his grandmother well. During that adventure, he achieved Super Saiyan when a dear friend was killed. He never told his grandmother that in the same day, he met his great-great-great grandfather, Goku, who had returned back to earth, despite his long disappearance. One that was his longest.

100 years.

Today has been an amazing day. Watching her grandchild battle in the Budoukai against Vegeta Jr. At least that was the woman beside her is calling him. Pan recognizes her as Bikini Briefs. The current President of Capsule Corp. She had seen many commercials on the television about Capsule Corp.

Pan should have known the woman better. But the families grew apart from each other, nearly ten years after Goku, her grandfather disappeared. Pan had left to go to college, Bra had become the most beautiful model would wide in her time. Vegeta had died shortly after Bulma did. Goten had married Parisu, his long time girlfriend. They never had children because Parisu was infertile. And Trunks, it was told that he had married a woman nearly in his fifties. This of course had been his daughter.

Despite heartbreak, Pan lived a good life. Pan had met a nice young man in her thirties. After dating for several months, Pan had got pregnant. He had disappeared. Pan had a daughter and raised her with the help of her parents. Her daughter, Rice, had died five years ago with her husband in an airplane crash. Pan still regrets never teaching her daughter to fly. Maybe then they could have survived.

But enough thinking of the past today. Today has been an amazing day. For Pan had seen her grandfather again. Goku had shown himself to her, even if only for a few seconds. At least he came back. Pan always knew he would come back.

The cheers of the crowd brings Pan's attention back to the match as Pan watches the announcer declare Vegeta Jr. as the winner.

___________________________________________

"Ah cheer up sport." replies Pan as she hugs her grandson, Goku Jr. "Second place isn't all that bad. Besides, the prize money is at least 50,000."

Goku Jr manages to press a smile. "I know grandma. I just wish, I trained a little more harder. Maybe then I could have won."

"Don't worry champ. There is always next year." replies Pan as she and her grandson walk toward the hover car. "How about we eat out tonight. I think you earned it."

"Are we gonna stay and watch the adult matches?" asks Goku Jr.

"Hmm. Why not? Maybe you can pick up some new techniques watching other fighters." replies Pan with a wink.

Goku Jr. is about to respond but then a soft yet sinister voices breaks into the conversion. "Hey!" replies Vegeta Jr. as he walks up to the two. "How did you make your hair go gold as I did? Answer me!"

"Vegeta Jr.! Quit being so rude!" replies Bikini as she matches up to her son and slaps his wrist. She then quickly turns to face Pan and smiles. "Please excuse my son here. I try to teach him proper manners, but he can be so savage."

Pan smiles. "He's just like his great-grandfather."

Bikini's face drops. "His great-grandfather? Are you telling me you knew my grandfather Vegeta?" asks Bikini.

Pan smile widens. "Actually, I know a lot about your family. I was best friends with your Aunt Bra growing up. Did your father Trunks ever tell you about the Saiyans?"

Bikini gasps. "You… oh my! You are Saiyan as well! Father told me about all of his adventures, especially the one into space. Your name is… Pan right?"

Pan nods. "Yes I am."

Bikini squeals. "Oh my, this is so amazing! We must get a family get together or something? Where do you live? Will you come to Capsule Corp. with us after the Budoukai is over?"

"I would love that." replies Pan as her and Bikini walk back up to the stadium to watch, or talk during the adults competition of the Budoukai. Goku Jr. follows but is soon jerked back by Vegeta Jr. and is raised into the air.

"Listen to me you low class idiot. I can already tell my mom and your grandmother have become friends. However, it will not be the same with us. I do not want your company, but so I wont suffer my mother's constant squabble, I will tolerate you. Understood?"

Goku Jr. gulps at Vegeta Jr.'s threat. "Sure… no prob."

Vegeta Jr. smirks. "Good." He then drops Goku Jr. and goes up and sits beside his mother turning his attention to the fights. After a few short moment's Goku Jr. does the same only keeping his distance from Vegeta Jr.

Pan laughs at Bikini's joke. She was telling Pan about some of the mishaps occurred at Capsule Corp. Things the press never knew about and here Bikini was telling Pan everything that exploded and caused confusion at Capsule Corp. It is weird, because Bikini, in the past has bribed newsmen not to report anything bad about Capsule Corp and here she is, telling Pan everything. That's how much she must trusts Pan.

Pan smile soon drops. Pan turns her attention toward the arena. One of the opponents steps into the ring. His chi is radiating off some evil energy. From the looks of it, Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. has sensed it as well.

The figure has paled blue skin. Giant yellow eyes, and spiky white hair. Really budging muscles, that show threw his black leather outfit. Pan is sure, that if the figure smiles, fangs would shows. The announcer announces the figure as Malice.

"Grandma…" whispers Goku Jr. "I don't like this. His chi feels weird. I don't like it."

Pan nods. "I know. Lets hope his intentions are not evil."

Vegeta Jr. cracks his knuckles. "Finally, an power that I can fight to the fullest."

Bikini looks at them as if they are mad. She has no knowledge of reading chi. "What's going on?"

"I am not sure yet. But I am having a bad feeling about that man." remarks Pan.

They all turn their attention to the fight. The match starts as the bell rings. The match is not even a minute long. The other warrior, a normal human, keeps ends punches and kicks to his body. The figure, smiles and backhands the human. In one swipe, the humans neck is broken.

The crowd gasps at the scene. Pan growls. The announcer shudders as he steps up to the pale hair warrior. "Mr. Malice…. I'm sorry but you are now officially disqualified. The rules clear state that you cannot kill…"

His sentence is cut short as Malice sends his hand threw his chest. "Cannot kill… yadda yadda ya." smirks Malice.

"I came here for life energy and I'll be damned if I am denied it."

The crowd is in an uproar as everybody tries to exit the arena at once. People screaming at each other, walking all over the fallen ones. It's madness. And Malice is enjoying every second of it.

Malice appears in front of one of the exits. He sinks his teeth into the neck of one of the helpless humans. He absorbs all, energy and knowledge from the man. By his hands, he grabs two other people and threw tiny holes in his palms, he absorbs energy threw them from the other two captured humans. All three, fall back dead, skin a pale gray.

From their spot on the arena, Pan, Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. lift off into the air. Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. waist no time blasting into Super Saiyan to possibility save as many people as possible and hopefully defeat this mad man.

Pan floats back down and grabs Bikini hand and lifts her to safety outside the arena. During the confusion, nobody saw her lift up in the air. Pan drops her off near an Capsule Corp. air car and replies, "Stay here. I'll go back and try to help the boys." She then lifts off into the air."


"Wait!" screams Bikini. "Ah shoot! How come I'm always left behind when all the exciting stuff happens."

Malice trades a few punches and kicks from both of the Saiyans, who are both at their highest. Goku Jr. is trying his best to keep up with Vegeta Jr. who is the strongest of the two. In the blurry mist of punches, one stray fist hits Goku Jr. dead on and sends him flying into the nearest wall. In a few seconds, Vegeta Jr. joins him. Malice raises his hands to throw a chi blast to kill them both.

"Leave my grandson alone!" screams Pan as she fires a Kamehamaha at Malice. It strikes him in his back, but seems unhurt by it. He looks up and smirks. "So, this old biddy has some high energy. I shall love absorbing the energy out of you!" replies malice as he blinks out of sight.

Pan tries her best to track his fast moving chi, but is unable to pin it down. Maybe if she was younger, maybe. But she is weak and old. A perfect opportunity for malice to strike. She doesn't even have the time to defend herself as Malice appears in front of her and grabs her wrists. Her body starts glowing the deathly pale color. Her eyes go blank and her skin goes into the gray pale color. Malice drops her dead body to the ground, holding his head in amazement.

"Amazing. She was a Saiyan. In space I heard stories about that there was a few Saiyans traveling space a hundred years ago who encountered Baby. She was one of them." Malice speaks to himself as he continues to look threw the memories he received from pan when he absorbed her life energy. All her memories. Including the Dragon Balls.

His history lesson is cut short by a solid punch to the face by an enraged Goku Jr. whose chi level raised along with his anger. "You bastard! That was my grandmother! My only family! And you killed her!"

Malice grins as he whips the little drop of blood from his nose. "Don't worry pal. You will soon join her in the other world!"

Malice throws a series of combo's at Goku Jr. He is able to block each and every one, but there will be server bruising after the fight. That is, if he survives that is. Vegeta Jr. rejoins the fight as he sneaks from behind and delivers a kick to the back of Malice's head. Malice seems unfazed by it as he continues to throw combo's at Goku Jr. This enrages Vegeta Jr.

"Nobody ignores me! No one!" he screams as he pushes Goku Jr. out of the way and throws his assult against Malice.

"So you want to die first little Saiyan." teases Malice. "Be my guest!" Malice screams as he slams his fist into Vegeta Jr.'s chest. The sound of breaking bones can be heard.

Vegeta Jr. grabs his chest as he falls from the sky. He lands rather hard onto the fighting arena with a loud crunch. Probably, a few more ribs gave away.

Goku Jr. growls as he fly's back to Malice to continue his act of revenge.

Bikini who had snuck back into the arena, watched as her son tried his best to sit up despite the broken ribs. Ignoring the pleads from her security guards, who were guarding her air car earlier, Bikini rushes up to her fallen son.

"Oh my! VJ! Are you okay honey?" Bikini asks cradling her son in her arms.

"Mother, you must get away. That beast has already killed your new friend Pan. I don't want to lose you…"

"WHAT!" screams Bikini. Rage washes over her beautiful face. "How dare he! She was an old lady! She was my friend! You bastard!" Bikini screams.

Malice elbows Goku Jr. to the ground. He turns and smirks toward Bikini. He lowers his body toward the ground and walks toward her. The anger that was spread over Bikini's face a few seconds early disappears and now is replaced by fear.

"NO!" Bikini screams. "Leave my son alone!"

Malice's smirk widens. "It's not him I'm interested in at the moment."

Bikini's face widen with fear and disgust at what Malice hinted at. He grabs Bikini and lifts her up. He licks his lips as he trails one hand around the edges of her skirt. Bikini, growls and sends her knee to Malice's unprotected area.

Malice grunts as he leans over in pain. "Cheap shot bitch. I was gonna have a little fun with you, but thanks to that, I'm just gonna have to kill you anyways." Malice grabs Bikini by her sides and sinks his teeth into her neck. Bikini's screams of protest die down and her eyes go blank. Soon her skin turns into the pale gray color as she too, joins Pan in the after life.

"MOTHER!" screams Vegeta Jr. His chi level rises along with his anger. The pain in his chest, nothing more than a numb now. He too joins Goku Jr. in the level of Ascended Saiyan.

He rushes toward Malice with all of his energy betting on this final punch. Everything appears to be moving in slow motion as he sends his chi powered punch toward Malice. Malice smirks as he slaps Vegeta Jr.'s fist away and throws his own punch, barley half of his true power at Vegeta Jr. In less than a second, Vegeta Jr. falls dead at Malice's feet with a broken neck.

Goku Jr. pulls himself from the ground and drops down into a fighting stance. This monster has taken everything from him. His grandmother, his new friends. He will pay!

"YOU WILL PAY!" Goku Jr. screams as he too rushes at Malice full force in the Ascended form.

Malice blocks every punch and kick that was sent his way. He then turns the tide and begins attacking Goku Jr. merciless. Goku Jr. passes out due to the attack and Malice drops him down to the ground.


"I'll save you for later. Right now, I have a whole city full of energy I can absorb. Be back in a few." he tells the unconscious form of Goku Jr.

_________________________________________________

Far away, in the woods, beneath the water Goku jerks. He was in the middle of catching a fish, one of the same ways he did before he met Bulma or Chichi over a hundred years ago. It only took him a second to realize something wrong has happened on Earth. Something bad.

As Goku crawls out of the lake and retrieves his clothes from the shore he curses Shelong. "Damn it Shelong. You had said that if I merged with the Dragon Balls, no more evil will come to Earth. What is the meaning of all this!"

A voice comes to Goku threw his mind. The voice of Earth's Dragon Balls, Dragon. The voice of Shelong.

What I promised and what you believe are too different things Goku. Nothing is forever, not even the Dragon Balls. Not you. Not life.

"Not even life? What are you hinting at Dragon?"

Something not I can even stop. Not even Porunga can stop the event that are about to happen. It's best if you let things flow the way they are.

Goku growls. "It's my duty to protect the Earth! I gave my life away for it! And now you are telling me to let this evil destroy Earth! I don't think so!"

It's not just Earth that is threatened. It's all life. But this must be carried threw. If not an evil more powerful than anything, even your level 4 of Super Saiyan can stop him. IF things continue the way they are, it's a good chance that in the past, he will be killed before he becomes a threat. And besides… this will give you another chance to be with your family. A way to make up for all those lost years.

Goku sighs. "Fine. I can't argue with you. But can you at least tell me why?"

Even I am ignorant to some things.

___________________________________________

Goku Jr. slowly crawls back to conscience. He tries to get up to look around, but he finds it difficult to do so. "Agghh. I hurt like heck." he replies as he manages to turn on his back. He looks up in the sky and notices that it is dark. Pitch black. Not even a star is in the sky.

His mind wonders back to the events earlier. He cant believe that his grandmother is dead. His beloved grandmother. And he even failed to avenge her. "What kind of warrior am I?"

"Pretty much a nearly dead one." replies the dark voice of Malice who walks out of the shadows.

Goku Jr. growls full of hatred. He turns his head to the other side so he wont have to look at the face of his grandmothers killer. Malice walks up and stands above the young warrior. Goku Jr. looks up at the figure with blood running out of his mouth. The figure smiles down at the young warrior. He gently sits down next to Goku Jr.'s body.

"Well, my Saiyan friend… I have beaten you and your other Saiyan friend," the figure points to the lifeless body of Vegeta Jr., "and believe me when I say this, I don't spare anyone. Now be a good little Saiyan and tell me everything you can about the Dragon Balls? I got what I could from your grandmother, but I believe there is more to learn."

Goku Jr. gasps for air. This monster, somehow, is far stronger. His power is unbelievable. Goku Jr. had trained non stop for this tournament. Never in his wildest dreams, did he think that he would ever have to face such power. Yes, he was trained, but what good is it, when you never had a reason to fight, until now. Now the whole city is wiped out, thanks to this… this…

"Who are you?" Goku Jr. demands threw gasps for air. The figure cracks his knuckles and draws his fist back. The blow sends Goku Jr. soaring threw the air. He smashes against and threw the wall of the arena. He hacks up blood and it splashes onto the floor. All thirteen of his ribs must be broken now.

"My name little one… is Malice. I have been exiled by my own people when I attempted to gain control of our kingdom. I was not strong enough to beat the kingdoms champion. So I made it my mission to travel all over the universe to acquire the energy I needed to redeem myself to our elder. I didn't expect to get much energy from this planet, but it was sure worth the pit stop." Malice's evil laughter carries threw out the aimless sky.

Goku Jr. turns over so he can now see the bodies of his grandmother Pan. She seems so peaceful. Always had a smile. Malice had drained her body of all energy. But even if he didn't she would have died soon from old age. Maybe now she can find true peace, for she never truly had peace to the soul while she was alive.

Bikini, the woman who is the mother of Vegeta Jr. lies dead. Vegeta Jr., the opponent Goku Jr. was facing in the Tournament is dead as well due to a broke neck. Everyone in the whole arena, the entire city lye's dead. Goku Jr. the only survivor.

Goku Jr. tries to hold back the tears but they come freely now. Malice watches the young warrior cry. He then walks up and stands on Goku's chest plate. "You little beast, before you die tell me about the mysterious of the Dragon Balls."

Goku Jr. spits up more blood and smiles. He really doesn't know anything about Dragon Balls despite the information his grandmother Pan gave him. "I don't know anything... and even If I did, I rather die than tell you." Malice growls between his teeth, and lugs Goku Jr. up in the air.

"You lie."

Goku Jr. smiles again. "A Saiyan never lies."

Malice screams in rage and punches Goku Jr in his chest. There probably is now some internal damage. Not that it matter's now. Goku Jr. has only a few minutes left to live anyways.

"The only way… way you can get the Dragon Balls now… probably is Time Travel. To bad it's only fiction…" he replies in his dieing breaths.

Malice smiles. "Time Travel. That's not entirely fiction my'boy. Not entirely at all." He drops the boy onto the ground and walks to a door that leads to a basement of Capsule Corp. "You see boy, when I absorbed the energy of the blue haired woman I also gained her memories. That's how I learned about the Dragon Balls from your grandmother. I know that I can find the Dragon Balls with the help of the little robot Giru, but I destroyed him accidentally. That woman, Bikini, built a time machine based on her grandmother Bulma's blue prints. Your fiction, is my reality."

Malice notices the shock of terror across Goku Jr.'s face. It makes him smile.

"While you were unconscious, I have come up with an amazing plan. All I have to do, is use this time machine, go back to the past and get the little Robot, and find the Dragon Balls and make my wish of being more powerful, than any of my kin men and then return to this time."

Malice tosses Goku Jr. over his shoulder. "Come on boy. We're going to Capsule Corp." Malice lifts off into the air and fly's over the city looking for the towering building named Capsule Corp. Once he arrives he blasts the entrance open with a chi blast. He opens an undamaged door labeled "THE LAB, AUTHORIZED PERSONAL ONLY, and walks into the laboratory after dropping Goku Jr. on the ground. Goku Jr. tries to crawl toward the door. He succeeds and crawls down the steps to see Malice opening closets and doors looking for the so called Time Machine. Goku Jr.'s vision goes blurry. He knows his time is almost up.

"Haha! Success! I have found the Time Capsule!" screams Malice. He presses the button onto of the Capsule and throws it on the ground. After the smoke clears he steps up to the machine and open's the hatch. He climbs inside and starts typing away. "One Hundred Years back in time shouldn't hurt. And I'll just return the same day I left., meaning today." he tells himself as he begins typing in the coordinates that he learned from Bikini's mind. His ability to read people's memories is a magnificent one, but it doesn't last long. He wants to make sure everything is right before all of the memories of the people he absorbed disappear.

Goku Jr. uses his last bit of chi energy left and fires a blast at the time machine. It strikes the main computer board , and smoke starts erupting everywhere.

"NO! Blast you! Look what you have done!" Malice sends a chi blast at Goku Jr. It hurls threw his chest and the last descendant of the Son' blood line dies.

The time capsule starts to spin. Malice curses at his luck. The Time Capsule rises up into the air. Blinding light erupts and can be seen threw out the sky in Western Capital. That is.. If anyone is still alive. A vortex opens and swallows the Time Capsule. The time counter starts counting up to one hundred and stops. The Time Capsule disappears within the vortex, with Malice's curse's can be heard echoing threw out the time vortex.

The same time a figure lands in the yard of Capsule Corp. Goku, the Legendary Super Saiyan. He should have prevented this, but the dragon Shelong told him to let event's carry on. Better things can only happen threw out this mess. Years of peace a new evil being has caused great damage and has killed millions. Not only that, he killed his granddaughter, Pan. No one messes with family.

No one.

Goku walks into the Capsule Corp. Today Capsule Corp was closed. Bikini wanted to enjoy Vegeta Jr.'s first tournament. She never imagined at what a disaster was going to happen. He kneels down to the body of his great-great grandchild, Goku Jr. He clutches his fist in anger. No one messes with family.

No one.

Goku stands up and notices the dark sky glowing red, blue and then purple. He looks at his hands and notices them beginning to fade away. As if he was being, erased. Goku smiles, now knowing what is happening. It is not a good thing, nor is it a bad.

"Chi-chi, Gohan, Goten, my dearest granddaughter Pan, I'll be with you all very soon. Back in the past." At with those words spoken Goku disappears.

This time, as life knew it cease to exists. Buildings, automobiles and eventually the entire Earth, space, heaven and hell disappear. Time has been rewritten in the past thanks to Malice's interference with the time stream. Unlike Mirai Trunks, this time around, the time line has changed. History has been rewritten, and it up to the warriors of 100 years earlier, Vegeta, Trunks, Pan, Gohan, Goten and Ubu to defend the Earth against Malice's reign of terror.

It has begun.