Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Gold Warriors ❯ chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note: Ok Ok I know I'm going overboard and just killing Goku's personality. But darn it, Goku's such a wimp in the English version, and the Japanese tapes aren't much better (Goku's a real jerk). So I've made Goku cool again, at least in my mind. Another thing, there's some mild cirus in this part, don't worry its just enough to sting your eyes. I guess I've read too many romance novels Questions? Comments? E-mail me at goldwarriors@msn.com

Back at the son house Son Gohan sat in silence beside his grandfather. His thoughts were far away, and in the past. Unlike his father and Vegeta, Gohan had only been dead a few years. Not long enough to change the way he thought about the world. Maybe that was why the Gold Dragon didn't change his personality as much as Goku and Vegeta. Vegeta was a totally different person than he was. It was hard to explain. He wasn't a loner like he was before. He accepted Goku as the leader, and voiced his thoughts and worries to him. One thing that didn't change was that Vegeta retained his blood thirsty ways. There was violence in that Saiy-jin, just waiting to come out. Vegeta's new personality wasn't that bad overall. But then again Gohan hadn't known Vegeta that well when he was alive. What really bothered him was his father. So different…He actually had a dangerous air about him a sort of malice towards the world. In fact the only thing remotely the same was his will to fight. The Gold Dragon seemed to have destroyed anything human about him, he was now a killing machine as well as a protector.

For the past two weeks they had been hiding out, waiting for the right opportunity to appear, and in those two weeks Gohan saw and felt things from his father he would never expect. Gone was his innocence and love for life. And replacing it was something more cruel more Saiy-jin than Prince Vegeta ever was. For one thing Goku had actually considered killing Chi-Chi if she started screaming again. But the threat of a much stronger Trunks kept him in check. Gohan knew that his father loved Chi-chi more than life itself. It didn't make sense, but on the other hand Goku was the leader of the mission.

If they all were to survive…even in the afterworld Goku couldn't hold life as precious as he once did. He couldn't give the enemy a chance at redemption, he couldn't be weak! But it still hurt to see his father struggle with what he had become. They were all struggling. Trying to remember what they had been before, but knowing they can never go back. Gohan didn't realize how bad it was until the boy came. He had been so excited to see him again. He remembered fond and not so fond memories back when he was alive. Trunks the son of Vegeta, had been everything to him. He was like a son, or younger brother. Now Gohan couldn't see past the fact he was one of three, and strong enough to protect GoAkia. He had acted friendly…just to get the much much stronger (and unpredictable) boy on their side, even gave him advice on what to do with GoAkia. But the truth be told Gohan felt nothing toward the boy.

Gohan looked up as his father walked in. His expression as it has been for the past two weeks was neutral. In fact the only time any emotion was shown was when Goku talked with Chi-Chi or the Ox-King. Even when he was angry his face stayed the same as if it had been carved out of stone. Leaning against the kitchen counter Goku grabbed an apple from breakfast and swallowed it in one bite. His eyes were unfocused a sign, Gohan had learned, that he was thinking and planning.

Presently Goku spoke, drawing out each word as he thought about the consequences.

Goku: I think…that we should set up base at CC.

Gohan nodded knowing that was a sound idea.

Goku: Also…I'm going to take over the Girls training…

Gohan: Why Trunks is doing a great job…and he is stronger than you?

Goku: He's stronger than all of us…that's why I what him to start training on his own. I don't want the girl to slow him down.

Gohan: But father, it doesn't matter how strong he gets. He can't touch the dark lord. He isn't protected.

Goku: I know…but I just have a feeling….Grab your stuff! We won't be coming back here!

Gohan stood up as his father grabbed another apple and a small bag. As they walked out the door both the Ox-King and Chi-Chi stared. Hurt that they were leaving so soon. Chi-Chi in fact was nearly crying. Gohan was already in the air, surprisingly unaffected by his own mothers hurt feelings. His father however stopped and looked back, Gohan waited wondering what he was going to do. Thinking he knew what his father was thinking, Gohan talked to him with telepathy. He hated the thought of it, but if Goku thought it best then he wouldn't stand in the way.

Gohan: If you're going to kill them do it now.

Goku didn't answer didn't move. Just stood there staring at his wife.

Goku: Chi-Chi…I think you and you're father should come to CC with us?

Gohan nearly fell out of the air. He was not expecting that. But amongst his surprise the part of him that was the old Gohan smiled and sighed in relief.

Goku: Hurry up and get what you need. I'll give you 5 minutes.

The Ox-King and Chi-Chi ran into the house leaving Goku alone with his son. But Goku didn't turn to look at the questioning stare. He just stood there. After a moment Gohan put a reassuring hand on his fathers shoulders, just like the old Goku had done to him. It was the old Gohan showing concern for his father.

Gohan: Father?

Staring down at his hands Goku violently shrugged Gohan's hand off his shoulder. Anger flashed in his eyes, but as always his face was void of expression

Goku: I hate this! This is not who I am!

Gohan: We were all changed by the Void!

Goku: You think I don't know that! But why

Gohan: To protect GoAkia.

Goku: Will you Forget for a moment and look past what that damn dragon told us!

Gohan startled and remained silent. He had no illusions that Goku would treat him better since he was his son. Goku could easily kill him, if he saw Gohan as a threat. Goku's voice became a whisper

Goku: If we are to survive, if GoAkia is to survive. We must think for ourselves. We can't rely on what some Dragon says!

Gohan: But she's the one that gave us our power…

Goku: That dragon is part of the void! Thus she is directly connected to the dark lord.

Gohan: What do you plan to do?

Goku's eyes became unfocused as he thought over the possibilities.

Goku: The Dragon says leave the earth…we will stay.

Gohan: ARE YOU CRAZY!

Goku snarled and lunged toward Gohan. Gohan's eyes widened as his fathers hands wrapped around his throat. He tried to loosen the grip with his own hands but it was like trying to break steel. Goku's hands wouldn't budge. Gohan squeaked as Goku's hands tightened.

Goku: You listen now and listen good. This will be the last time I say this! I am the leader, you do what I say! No questions asked! Got it.

Gohan nodded and Goku let go. Gohan stared at his father. He had never been so confused in his life. Goku's eyes met his and Gohan could actually see for a brief second the two Goku's fighting. He himself was having such a conflict, but with Goku it was different. While Gohan mixed and matched personalities so both were relatively happy, Goku wasn't giving in, neither one was. Who would win? The Goku that was his father, or the one that frightened him.

The moment was broken by Chi-Chi and her father. Chi-Chi ran up to Goku with pure love in her eyes. She gasped as Goku lifted her up into his arms. She didn't weigh anything at least not to Goku. Their faces were inches from each other. They seemed to forget Gohan and the Ox-King were right beside them…A loud annoyed coughing sound came from Gohan. Chi-Chi blushed bright red even as Goku took to the air, Gohan followed with his Grandfather in his arms.

Back at CC Trunks, his father and GoAkia landed outside the building. The sun having set almost an hour ago was long gone and a new moon graced the sky. Every light in the house was on, and it made the night seem more like day. Trunks sighed glad that some dark nesses could be driven away.

Vegeta: You too should start training again. I'll join you shortly!

Trunks with a smile in he's heart if not on his lips, nodded and lead a curious GoAkia toward the Gravity room. Vegeta stood there a moment gathering his courage. Its been so long…Taking long strides he entered the house. It was strange other than being a bit rougher around the edges CC looked exactly like it did 18 years ago. Walking down the hall Vegeta headed toward the kitchen. He could hear something moving around in there. He rounded the corner and his breath caught in his throat. Bulma, now young, even younger than when he met her, (thanks to his wish) was busy fixing a Saiy-jin sized meal. Most likely for Trunks and GoAkia. She hadn't noticed him enter so he leaned against the wall and stared at her. She was so beautiful, not a single flaw could be seen on that woman. Her hair was long and shone like silk. Her eyes were still that magnificent blue. And her face perfect. He wondered if her smile, like none other, was still the same. Doing what she was doing Vegeta walked in while her back was to him. Sensing someone was there, she spoke without turning around.

Bulma: Trunks? Back so soon? I guess you didn't find them? Well don't worry son we will. Tell GoAkia dinners about ready.

Vegeta smiled it still amazed him that Bulma could carry on a conversation with herself. He didn't answer her though, he couldn't find the right words. What do you tell the woman you love after 20 years apart. Loved? Vegeta startled at the thought…he loved Bulma. Always had, but who he once was wouldn't admit it…He would now however. And he planned to make up for lost time. Walking up behind her, he whispered in her ear…

Vegeta: I'm not the boy.

Bulma gasped and tried to turn around, but Vegeta's strong arm wrapped themselves around her and held her steady. Still whispering in her ear he leaned even closer, letting his body melt into hers.

Vegeta: Do you remember the last time I held you in this kitchen…

Bulma nodded.

Bulma: My Mother caught us…

Vegeta smiled against the neck he had been nuzzling. It had been hilarious, Bulma's mother had turned bright red at the sight of her only daughter on the kitchen counter with him. Bulma had her own share of redness, and being a Saiy-jin Vegeta didn't care. But the moment was spoiled so he had put his pants back on and left. While the still very naked and still in the heat of passion Bulma tried to explain.

Vegeta: She never looked at me the same way again.

Vegeta nibbled on Bulma's earlobe remembering how much she like it. And let one of his hands explore a rounded firm breast. The sound of Bulma's moan shocked his body more than he thought it would. He wanted her, more than ever before.

Bulma: Oh Vegeta…

The was regret and sorrow in her voice…why?

Bulma: you probably look the same…I'm so old now.

Vegeta tried not to laugh…she hadn't noticed his wish yet. Whirling around Vegeta set Bulma in front of the frig, which had a reflected surface.

Vegeta: Look how beautiful you are…

Bulma gasped in surprise at the young girl staring at her on the frig door.

Bulma: I'm young?

Vegeta: Yes you are.

Vegeta finally let Bulma face him. Her blue eyes shimmered with love and passion. Just like he remembered. Her smile was just as radiate! Her brows came together in worry for a second…then with a gentle hand she traced the tattoo the Gold dragon gave him.

Bulma: I can see things have changed. I'm going to miss you black eyes.

She said those words sadly but shook it off as she kissed him gently. Unlike previous times, this kiss was one of love not solely passion, although that was still there.

Nothing was ever more beautiful

Pulling back Bulma smirked almost evilly as she put her hand on the part of him that liked her looks best. He groaned as she rubbed against it.

Bulma: I can tell you had something to do with my youth…lets discuss it…over by the counter.

Vegeta didn't miss the slight blush that stained her checks…

Vegeta: I like reenactments…

In the Gravity room Trunks watched GoAkia do a series of jumps and spins. She moved with such grace, a lot different than him when he first trained. As he stood there his thought drifted…to Goku and Gohan. Something about them was different, other than eyes and tattoo's. When he talked to Gohan, Trunks felt that Gohan didn't care about him. He couldn't quite place it, but the bond he once felt with Gohan was gone. This bothered him greatly. Grabbing a towel GoAkia left the Gravity room, Trunks followed absently mindly

GoAkia: Trunks?

Trunks shook himself out of his musing to look at GoAkia.

Trunks: Yes?

GoAkia looked to the ground, she was feeling guilty. Trunks sat on a nearby sofa and gestured for her to sit beside him.

GoAkia: I'm sorry I've caused so much trouble.

Trunks: don't worry about it. From what I understand you're the reason we're all still breathing.

GoAkia looked thoughtful for a moment as a shadow of pain crossed her face. Trunks decided he didn't like her being sad.

GoAkia: Maybe that's why the monster spared me?

Trunks: Monster? You mean the android?

GoAkia: Yes…

Trunks: if you want to talk about it…?

GoAkia nodded if slowly

GoAkia: its time I told somebody…I was 14 that day.

_

Momma!

A young child not more than 14 summers ran into her mothers kitchen. It wasn't much and like the rest of their small house was for basic needs only, nothing fancy or uneeded, just the essensials. The child stopped in front of an older woman and smiled with pure love up to her as she showed the woman her prize. It was a small frog still alive and hoppen, which it proved by jumping into the woman's dishwater.

Mom: Ahh GoAkia get that thing out of there.

GoAkia: Oh?

GoAkia fished around frantically for a moment until her sure light hands grabed firmly the little rogue.

Mom: Now that that thing outside and wash up for breakfast.

GoAkia: I already had mine.

GoAkia mother nodded and stared out the window. She knew GoAkia had already eaten. Every morning at dawn the young girl took out and hunted. She would go far away so not to scare animals close to home away. She just couldn't feed GoAkia. She ate far too much for a normal human. And her mother thought it might have something to do with that strange tail she had.

Mom: I know…but still I want us to eat together.

GoAkia nodded and ran outside to release her pet.

The woman that GoAkia called mother name was Betty. She was the real mother of two healthy boys and the adoptive mother of GoAkia. Her long brown hair was tried in a tight bun it had split ends and was uneven. she had dark leathery skin from over expose to the sun, and happy wrinkles around her eyes and lips when she smiled. She wasn't what you would call a beautiful woman, but beauty real beauty lies within. And when this woman smiled those wrinkles and lines transformed. And by some miracle or trick of light she became radiate. Or maybe, just maybe when she smiled her soul, so good and pure shone through the plain outer shell.

The times were tough, as they were for the world…the things called androids had pludged the world into a depression, and even out here deep in the country folks felt it. But Betty was determined to make the best of it, and as a single mother of three, she never once made it seem like a bad day to them. Betty sighed loudly as she watched GoAkia play in the water hose. She was making getting cleaned up into a mess. She sometimes wondered what life would be like if her husband had survived? He was a great man. He had saved her life in a way. Simply by loving her, and taking her away from the city. He had been visiting an uncle and when they met, it was magic. They dated and shortly after got married. He then took her away from the doomed city and made her into a farmers wife. It could have been hard, but her love for him made anything she did for him easy. Their first son came quickly. She had named him Bobby Jr. after his father. Oh Bobby was a wonderful father. Teaching the boy how to live with love in his heart and mind. He had died when Bobby Jr. was only six. And although Bobby Jr. barely remembers his father, Bobby death almost destroyed Betty. She nearly didn't make it, and wouldn't have if not for Bobby Jr. and the new baby on the way.

Betty: Oh Bobby if only I got the chance to tell you…

Bobby had died suddenly in a flood, trying to save their livestock. He never knew about his second son, Mauri, named after the uncle that brought them together. Well life went on, and when the androids hit, Betty felt something. Not just tears or hatred, but a need. Like there was something she had to do. Well Bobby had always said to follow your insincts and she did. She followed them to an Orhanige. It was horrible…hundreds of children some hurt others just screaming for mothers and fathers that would never come for them. She had searched among them. Something strange had happened in that place, Betty remembered it vividly. One moment she had looked upon an empty table. She had turned as a child bumded into her and fell. But when she looked at the table again…there was a child on it. She was drawn to that child and when she looked into her eyes, she knew this was what she was searching for. The child had beautiful gold eyes and black hair. She couldn't be more than a few days old. But even without anybody holding her or warm cloths she was silent. The bady just looked at her as if she knew something.

Without hesitation Betty scoped the child up and went to the front desk. Betty still felt bad about this but she lie to the woman. She had said that the child was her sisters who died in the city. And the woman gave the child to her to keep. They were so over run with children that there was no paper work. Just pick a kid and go.

But something even stranger than her feelings happened that night. Betty had a dream. Deep down she knew it was real so she listened to the strange blue haired woman…the woman stared off into space and was silent. After a moment which seemed like an eterity the woman's mouth moved. The words echoed across the strange white room she was in. The woman said. "Her name is GoAkia"

Betty: I don't know where you came from…but you're something special.

Suddenly GoAkia came charging in.

GoAkia: Momma! There are two strangers in our yard!

Betty put down the dish she was drying and grabbed her shotgun. She was a peace loving woman, but she had children to protect. And in these wild times bad people come out of the wood work.

Stepping out of the kitchen Betty approuch the strangers. They seemed unaware of the gun. One was a young woman. She had shoulder length blonde hair and icy blue eyes. The other was a young man. He had black hair and the same eyes. Both were dirty and ragged. Their cloths shedded and they both had slight injuries. The young man spoke first, his voice was cold. But he spoke friendly words

Stanger1: Hi…Sorry to startle you folks.

Stranger2: Ya we just came from the capital…

The man glanced at the woman and she made a strange noise like a choke.

Stranger1: I'm sorry…my sister is filled with grief. The capital was hit by the Androids.

Both GoAkia and her mother gasped, never would they have thought the capital would go down.

Stranger2: We've been running for days…and this is the first house we've come across.

Stranger1: I…I mean we were wondering if you kind folks could spare some extra cloths, or something.

Stranger2: We don't need much. We just want to get out of these rags.

Betty: yes of course…I don't know what I have for you miss? But I have plenty of boy cloths

It seemed like any other day, a day of hard work. My brothers got a head start on me, cause I always had to hunt for most of my food. My mother just couldn't keep up with my appetite…I don't know why my mother adopted me? She couldn't have picked from any number of orphaned children that year. I was supposedly orphaned the first year of the Androids, like so many others. Maybe it was my tail or something else that drew her to me. I'm glad I got to know her, she was the best person ever, not just a mother, but a friend and co-worker too.

We worked on a farm, growing veggies…and raising livestock. We were far enough away from the cities not to be afraid, but one day about 3 years ago. Two stranger came to the door, they was pretty ragged, beat up to. They said they just came from Oak town, a city a hundred miles away that had just been hit. This was the first house they've seen. They asked if they could get a change of clothing and a hot meal…paid for of course. I didn't like them and told my mother so, but she was a kind heart and feed and clothed them. It was ok until Jason one of my brothers came home, he saw them and knew who they were. The monsters, now found out killed him. That bastard 17 raped then murdered my mother. They both took so sort of sick pleasure making me watch. I could feel her anguish, maybe it's because of who I am, but I could actually hear what she thought. It was horrible. She was so scared…but not for herself, for us, for me. 18 killed Bobby as he came running in cause of the screams. I don't remember much after that, I think 17 wanted to rape me as well, but his sister wouldn't allow it. I guess she drew the line at raping children. 17 instead held me down as his sister got ready to shot me. Before she did she looked into my eyes and stopped. She looked at me weird like she saw something she didn't understand. She then cursed and told 17 to leave me. He never didn't understand, that's why he tried to kill me before you showed up.

Trunks: Maybe 18 did see something?

GoAkia: Maybe? But I didn't feel grateful that she left me. I wanted to die after that. It was cold and raining, but I buried them together underneath the old sycamore tree. Mother used to read to us under that tree, and we would have picnics and that tree was always home when we played tag…(sob) After that I looked for them, learning to fight along the way. I was going to get revenge or die trying! You probably don't understand.

Trunks: Aye I do…that's why I let you fight 17.

GoAkia: What?

Trunks: I watched the entire fight. I only stepped in when he was about to kill you.

GoAkia: Why?

Trunks: You needed to fight your own battles. I sensed it.

GoAkia looked into Trunks deep blue eyes and only saw the truth. How many times had she trusted a man just to end up hurt? People throughout her life have used her and took advantage of her longings just to get her into bed. Always using those words she longed to hear, words of love, of family and loyalty. Now here was a man, more like her than any other. He suffered the Androids, was hurt by the same monsters, haunted by the same ghosts.

She understood now, he was one of three, but was destined to be more…

Leaning forward GoAkia studied his face. Like the rest of him it was outlined by hard curves and stony features. His eyes were perfectly shaped and spaced and his mouth so cold, but she knew it could be sent ablaze by a single spark.

Then with slow deliberate movements she took his head in her hands and brought her lips to his. The shock they felt was the same as before, but this time neither pulled away. So the kiss deepened. They parted slowly and as GoAkia opened her eyes she only saw Trunks. A tear fell from one of her beautiful eyes. Reaching with his hand he caressed her cheek, wiping the tear away. Trunks wondered if what he was doing was right. She smiled a sad smile and rested against his shoulder. He did no more, just let her lay there, feeling love without any pressures. He breathed in the scent of her hair, it smelled like fresh flowers and spring. And to his surprise the clouds that had darkened his world for so long started to part…

GoAkia: Trunks? Can we trust them?

Trunks thought about the question long and hard. GoAkia tilted her head so she could look at his face. What should he say? Goku was her father…but he wasn't really Goku anymore. At least he didn't act like him…Gohan didn't act like Gohan either. In fact the only one that he felt right about was his father. But did he feel that way because Vegeta was his father…was it wishful thinking on his part? He couldn't lie to her…she had to know the truth. For her own safety.

Trunks: No…In fact GoAkia…Until you become a super Say-jin I don't want you to even be alone with them. Not without me around. OK?

GoAkia nodded and moved back to her original position.

GoAkia: But he is my father…?

Trunks: If it was the old Goku I would trust him with my life…but this change. The Gold dragon turned him into something he is not. I don't trust that.

Moment passed and nothing bothered them other than GoAkia's steady breathing. She was falling asleep. GoAkia stirred and spoke slowly.

GoAkia: Trunks?

Trunks: Yes?

GoAkia: I think I love you…

Trunks: I know…

Nothing more was said, nothing more needed to be said.

And in the darkness of night

Two souls find each others light

And the everlasting night becomes day

Forever shining the way