Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harpies United ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ.
 
Chapter 3
 
Humming slightly to himself, Gohan slowly walked down the stairs towards the kitchen. He'd taken as much time as possible to wash his hands so that he could think about what he wanted to say to Vegeta.
 
Obviously, he wanted to help get revenge, but he really had no idea what they were going to do. How could they get revenge on women who yielded the most dangerous weapon in the world? Wouldn't they be risking quite a lot messing with them?
 
Gohan frowned, considering the various consequences of getting revenge. It was extremely dangerous, sure, but somehow he knew it would be worth it.
 
Continuing to ponder the various obstacles that stood in their way, Gohan continued to slowly walk down the stairs until, finally, he found himself in the kitchen. Looking around, he noted with relief that only himself and Vegeta were present.
 
What luck! Taking a deep breath, Gohan took a step forward towards the surly Saiyan Prince, who was dressed, as usual, in his blue spandex suit.
 
Really, what was the attraction with the spandex? Gohan knew that it must be aerodynamic or something special, otherwise Vegeta wouldn't have worn it for so long, but still…How could anyone wear something so clingy? It had to be uncomfortable. He didn't know how the Prince could stand it.
 
Gohan stopped and pushed all thoughts of spandex firmly out of his mind. He had to discuss the matter with Vegeta, and it would probably be helpful if he didn't have thoughts of spandex floating around in his mind while he was doing it.
 
Case Study 006: Vegeta
 
Sleep Time: Nonexistent
 
Activity: Training
 
Time Spent Training: 12 hours 15 minutes
 
“Vegeta?” he asked, sitting down at the table across from the Prince.
 
Vegeta glared. “What?” he snapped, obviously angry at having been interrupted, even though he hadn't been doing anything at all.
 
“I…I have something I need to discuss with you,” he said, nervously eyeing the disgruntled Saiyan.
 
“Why would you think that I would waste any of my time on you?” he asked, eyebrow arching almost into his hairline, which was an impressive feat considering the fact that the height of his widow's peak could rival Mt. Everest's summit.
 
“I…I…” stammered Gohan.
 
Vegeta rolled his eyes. “Oh, just shut up and get it over with, so that I don't have to listen to your pathetic stammering any longer.”
 
Gohan blinked and looked at Vegeta. “Oh, okay then. Um…I…I wanted to know if you were still thinking about getting revenge against well…you know…”
 
“Those ridiculous harpies?” asked Vegeta, disdain creeping into his voice.
 
Gohan nodded. “Yes, I was wondering if there was any way that I could, you know…help,” he finished lamely, his voice hanging in the dead silence of the room.
 
“I thought you wanted to remain neutral,” Vegeta sneered, eyeing Gohan distastefully.
 
“Well, after today I thought that it would be better if they, well, got a taste of their own medicine.”
 
“You know, brat, you might yet turn out to be a decent Saiyan. You can help, but I expect no protests out of you once we put the plan into action. Agreed?”
 
“Agreed,” said Gohan, relief almost overwhelming him.
 
Silence filled the room for several minutes, before finally, with a soft click the door opened, revealing Bulma and her young son Trunks. Gohan gulped as Bulma approached, still wary of what she might do, but when she only smiled at him, he relaxed.
 
It took a few minutes, but finally dinner was placed on the table, and without a second thought Gohan dived for the nearby plate, helping himself to a good portion of the delicious food
 
He had no idea, as he helped himself to meatloaf and mashed potatoes, that a dastardly plot against him was being planned several hundreds of miles away at his home.
 
At the Son house…
 
“Here you go, Videl,” said ChiChi, handing Videl a nice cup of hot tea.
 
Case Study 007: ChiChi
 
Activities: Doing housework, planning Gohan's future
 
Time Spent Doing Housework: 4 hours 12 minutes
 
Time Spent Planning Gohan's Future: 6 hours 47 minutes
 
“Thank you, ChiChi,” she said, as she watched Gohan's mother sit down across from her.
 
“No problem, dear. Now, you do know why you're here, don't you?”
 
Videl frowned, trying to figure out the exact reason. “Umm…Because of what happened at school today?”
 
“Sort of,” ChiChi replied, causing Videl to be more than a little confused.
 
“But, I thought it was okay if I started using the pan on Gohan,” said Videl, concerned that she might have gone too far this afternoon.
 
“Yes, it is, which is why I wanted to talk to you,” said ChiChi, taking a small sip from her cup of tea.
 
“Umm…Okay,” said Videl, trying her best to hide her growing confusion.
 
“Since you've gotten pretty comfortable using the pan on Gohan, I've been wondering if maybe you wanted to take it to the next level,” said ChiChi, smiling at the young woman across from her.
 
“The next level? You mean picking out his clothes for him?”
 
“No,” ChiChi said, shaking her head. “I meant getting married.”
 
Videl froze. “What?”
 
“Well, you two have been dating for over a year now, and with it being your senior year, I thought that it was about time for the two of you to get married.”
 
“But…But…” Videl spluttered. “We're too young to get married, and plus, Gohan probably wouldn't want to!”
 
ChiChi smiled brightly. “Don't worry about being too young, Videl. I was younger than you when I married, Goku. And, really, I wouldn't worry about Gohan. He's like his father; he doesn't know what he wants until you tell him.”
 
Videl frowned. “Well, that's true. But, even though I think I'm ready, I don't think that Gohan has even considered it. He's been too busy thinking about other things lately, and I really don't want to force him to ask me. It just wouldn't be romantic.”
 
ChiChi sighed. “I figured as much. I had hoped that all my hints and pleas would work, but apparently they haven't.”
 
“What should we do then?”
 
“Well, I think that we should make him see how much you mean to him.”
 
“What do you mean?” asked Videl, watching ChiChi carefully.
 
“I think that we should `help' him figure out that it's time to get married.”
 
Videl tapped her fingers together, thinking hard. “I don't know…” she said slowly. “Doing something like could backfire pretty badly if we weren't careful.”
 
ChiChi winked. “Don't worry. I have the perfect plan. Gohan won't even know what hit him.”
 
 
End of Chapter 3! Please review!!