Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harpies United ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z.
 
Chapter 2
 
Gohan waved his hands to ward off the angry she-devil. He really didn't want to die today, well not before lunch anyway, so he really had to calm her down.
 
Fast.
 
“I was listening Videl, I swear!” said Gohan, panicking slightly as she moved even closer, pan held at the perfect angle that would give it enough trajectory to almost put him in a coma.
 
Hmm….It seems science class actually had another purpose besides boring all those who attended to an earlier and somewhat tragic death.
 
“Liar!” exclaimed Videl, flames seeming to shoot from her nose as she glared at him.
 
Gohan blinked, wondering, not for the first time, if she was actually some kind of demon in disguise.
 
“B…But Videl…” he stammered, trying his best to look innocent.
 
“I saw you drooling, Gohan! You were thinking about food again, weren't you?” she accused, moving even closer for the kill.
 
“No…I…”
 
“Yes, you were! You were zoned out so badly; you weren't even on the planet, were you?”
 
“Well, I…” Gohan said, not really wanting to admit that he had been thinking of some excellent food that he'd had on New Namek a couple of years ago. He didn't really think that she'd like admission one little bit.
 
“I knew it!” she exclaimed triumphantly. Really, did she have to be evil?
 
“You're gonna get it Gohan!” she said.
 
He tried to back up, tried to find some kind of escape route, but luck apparently wasn't with him today.
 
Hmph…Like it'd ever been on his side before…
 
“Here you go!” said Videl, as she swung the pan, and the only thing Gohan could do was pray that somehow, someway the pan would just bounce off him, hit the wall, and shatter into a million pieces.
 
But he was still out of luck, and as the pan hit him he wondered if he had somehow been cursed at birth.
 
It wouldn't surprise him.
 
And that was his last thought before darkness became his new best friend.
 
Later….
 
“Gohan? Gohan? Are you awake?”
 
Gohan groaned and put a hand to his head as he came to. Oww….That had really hurt. There was no pretending that he didn't know where he was or what had happened, because you really couldn't block out the traumatizing memory of someone smacking you upside the head with the terrifying weapon known as the frying pan.
 
And on top of that, he knew that voice. That very familiar voice that made him want to run away and cry when it was as sickly sweet as it was know.
 
Dreading what was going to happen, Gohan opened his eyes and came face to face with Bulma Briefs, a scientific genius and the owner of Capsule Corporation, the biggest company on the planet.
 
Case Study 004: Bulma
 
Date: March 12
 
Activity: Inventing
 
Sleep Time: Minimal
 
Inventing Time: 4 hours 27 minutes
 
“Ah, it's about time, Gohan!” she said, giving him a smile. “I was beginning to wonder if you'd ever come to!”
 
“What time is it?” he asked, slowly sitting up and swinging his legs over the side of the bed he had been lying on.
 
“It's a little after six,” she said, moving to give him a hand, as he tried to stand. “Videl brought you here this morning, and you've been out since then.”
 
Gohan nodded as he slowly moved about the guest room. He'd figured as much, but it was kind of surprising that he'd been out for so long. She really must have hit him harder than he'd thought, because usually he recovered quickly from any frying pan injury.
 
“…if you're hungry, dinner is almost ready, and I've already set a place for you,” Bulma said.
 
Gohan blinked as he realized that he'd zoned out again. It didn't seem he would ever learn his lesson.
 
“Um….uh….sure, Bulma,” he said, trying his best to sound bright and cheerful. It wouldn't do, after all, to let Bulma think that he hadn't been paying attention. She could swing a frying pan twice as well as Videl could, and really didn't want to invoke her wrath.
 
“Good then,” she said. “Why don't you go get washed up, and then head downstairs for dinner? I'm sure everyone will be happy to see you again.”
 
Gohan nodded and then made his way to the bathroom as Bulma opened the door and went downstairs.
 
Hmm…Dinner…Well, he didn't think that it would be that bad having dinner at Capsule Corporation. After all, it wasn't like he was all by himself with Bulma. He had other people to help him keep her peaceful and calm.
 
He had Vegeta and Trunks, members of their little secret society, the FPAA.
 
The FPAA was, of course, Frying Pan Abuse Anonymous, a small group dedicated to dealing with the trauma and fear that the frying pan harpies induced. With Goku, Goten, Vegeta, Trunks, and himself as members it was a strong group, but lately…
 
Well, lately the group members had been talking about getting revenge against the harpies, and he had to agree that it was a good idea. He'd been wanting to get back at them for a while. Maybe he could get Vegeta alone tonight, and see what plans the Saiyan Prince had come up with.
 
After all, what could it hurt to teach those harpies their lesson?
 
 
End of Chapter 2! Please review!!