Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ Close Call ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Close Call

Hagrid ran through the brush of the Dark Forest. Closely behind him were Ron and Hermione. A loud yell came from a head of them; it was Malfoy, running towards them with Fang. His face was stricken with a pale color that only fright could cause.

"Where's Harry!?" yelled Hagrid at the scared Malfoy. All he could do is point. Hermione was the first to start running in the direction, holding Ron's hand to pull him with her. Hagrid didn't hesitate to follow. They came over a ledge where they saw Harry. He was imprinted into a huge bolder, his head was slumped over as if he were near death, his hands were extended outward as if he was held by shackles on both sides. A purple glow came from the direction Harry was facing, there the three saw Harry's attacker. A huge man that even had at least a head's length above Hagrid and twice as broad. He was bald with a sadistic look upon his face that the purple glow, which came from his hand bleed over his face. An "M" was in the middle of his forehead. The glow got brighter and the ball of energy that was forming in his hand got bigger.

"DIE!" yelled the man as he launched the energy ball towards Harry. Harry looked up with a face mixed with pain and tiredness.

"HARRY!!!!!!" yelled Hermione as she cried out for him.

"NOOO!!!" followed Ron. Hagrid quickly grabbed the two children before the energy ball hit Harry. The three fell behind the ledge onto the ground. Hermione kept struggling to get back up but Hagrid strength prevented doing so.

BOOM

Wind blew as if a tornado landed on the location they were at. It took almost all of Hagrid's strength to keep them from blowing away. Sounds of trees being uprooted and blown into others and of the ground trembling as if the very land was about to break apart drowned almost all the sound out. All except the cries of the two who lost a dear friend.

The wind and trembling stopped as quickly as it started. Hagrid, Ron, and Hermione were covered with debris of broken trees and dirt. Hermione quickly got back up and ran towards the ledge to see the aftermath. Ron was right behind her along with Hagrid. What they saw was unbelievable. The land where the blast happened was totally destroyed. The ground was now nothing but a deep crater, the bolder was gone, and smoke still was rising from the center.

Tears came quickly from Hermione's face. Ron was stricken in terror as he saw Harry's killer, standing at the edge of the crater, laughing evilly.

"What's so funny, Spopovitch?" said a familiar voice coming from the center of the crater. The smoke ceased revealing who it was. Vegeta levitated in the center of the crater, holding an unconscious Harry in his left arm. "You call that a blast? It felt more like a massage to a warrior of my caliber."

"Ve-ge-ta!" said huge being now known as Spopovitch as he glared at Vegeta.

"Honestly, you call yourself a warrior. I've had servants who could hit harder than you could," Vegeta smirked. He turned his head slightly toward the others on the ledge, watching. He threw Harry's body towards Hagrid who caught him gently. "Take Gohan back to the castle quickly, he's badly injured. I will handle this." He turned back toward Spopovitch. "Now its time to show you how a real Sayian Warrior fights."

Vegeta clenched both his hands and released a deep yell. The wind started to blow again and the ground trembled once more. Pieces of rock started to fly into the air as Vegeta gave out a golden glow. His hair turned blonde and his eyes became blue the same as what Harry did the night of Halloween. The golden glow flowed all around his body. Hagrid turned to the others, "I think its in our best inch'rest if we leave, now."

Hagrid ran with Harry, followed by Ron and Hermione back towards the castle. Malfoy was found in the same place they left him with Fang. Quickly the whole group ran out of the forest and headed straight into the castle. They ran through each corridor and all the way across the castle to the Hospital Wing. Hagrid opened the door by using his momentum and his shoulder. "Madam Pomfry!" he shouted in the room.

She quickly ran down the stairs from her quarters with a lantern in her hand moments later. She saw that Hagrid was carrying an injured Harry and rushed to his aid, taking him from Hagrid and placing him on the bed.

"If you answer my question, I might kill you quickly," said Vegeta to Spopovitch. "Where is Babidi?"

Spopovitch didn't hesitate to use this as an advantage. He leaped into the air towards Vegeta to attack.

BOOM

Spopovitch landed a blow. The sheer force of it could be heard throughout the whole forest. Vegeta did not move. His hands stayed crossed as he levitated in the same place.

"That wasn't the answer I wanted, but it will do," he said to a surprised Spopovitch. He then, almost instantaneously, delivered a kick to Spopovitch's face, sending him down onto the ground. Spopovitch got to his knees from the newly formed body imprint he left when he landed.

"SPOPOVITCH!" echoed a voice through both of their minds.

"Babidi.." Said Vegeta as he looked around, trying to find where he could possibly be.

"Vegeta, how nice it is to hear your voice. I hope you are quite well."

"Where are you, wizard!"

"Trust me, I am far from here. You need not worry about that now. You will soon see me. Now where was I, Oh yes, Spopovitch, you are to return to me immediately, I still have use of you before Vegeta sends you into the next dimension."

The large Spopovitch got to his feet and glared at Vegeta. "Go ahead and go to your master, baldy. Don't think that I won't follow you and deal with you both myself."

"I see that your arrogance still hasn't changed, Vegeta. Sad to tell you but you won't be following Spopovitch."

"And how are you going to stop me from doing so?"

"It's quite simple."

Then without warning, Spopovitch disappeared in thin air.

"Damn you," Vegeta cursed.

"It was good to hear from you, Vegeta. I shall see you later. And please send my regards to Gohan. I am most anxious to see him again."

The voice ceased. Vegeta stood there in midair. His anger only grew. "That blasted Wizard, trick me. He will pay the ultimate price for that!"

"Is he going to be alright?" asked Ron to Madam Pomfry as he stood over Harry. Hermione had the other side, gripping Harry's hand.

"It's hard to say right now, sadly. It seems like he was hit head on by the Hogwarts express with as much trauma he has went through," she said in a worried tone. Hermione even cried harder. The doors of the room opened. It was Hagrid with Dumbledore.

"What is his condition?" asked the old wizard. Madam Pomfry looked over the other two children. Dumbledore quickly caught on, "Hagrid, please escort Mr.Weasley and Ms. Granger to the Gryffindor tower."

The gamekeeper followed his orders and escorted the two grief-stricken friends of Harry's to their dorms. He himself was teary eyed.

"Well, Professor Dumbledore, he's not looking too good. I've done all I could do, but I doubt he will make it through the night," she said with tears already forming in her eyes.

All Dumbledore could do is nod his head. Dumbledore sat throughout the night with Harry, asleep in the chair next to Harry's bed. A silhouette suddenly covered the moonlight from the window next to the bed. It opened from the outside. The figure came inside without a sound. He got closer to Harry and reached out with its hand. It placed a small object inside his mouth. Not long after, his wounds began disappearing.

"I should have been there for ya, kid. I am sorry. I won't keep you out of my reach any longer," said the figure in a deep voice. He turned back to the window; letting the light reflect off the white turban and cape he was wearing. He left the way he came, closing the window behind him.