Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts together worlds apart ❯ chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN:- Christmas day is here!!!! A little late I know but never mind.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ!
 
Hearts Together Worlds Apart
Chapter 8: A Very Merry Christmas
 
It was Christmas morning and someone was shaking me wake. I opened my eyes to see Goten grinning excitedly.
 
“It's Christmas!!!” I squeaked. I sighed.
 
“What time is it?” I mumbled. I glanced at the clock. “SIX THIRTY!!! Wake me up at a reasonable hour would you. Try noon.” I turned over to go back to sleep. He shook me again.
 
“But Jesse, It's Christmas.” He whimpered. “PLEASE!!!” I sighed and sat up.
 
“Fine.” I sighed. “But you owe me. Go see if my brothers are wake and we'll make it even.” He skipped off. I climbed out of bed and went to knee beside Trunks. He was still soundly asleep. I stroked his hair for a bit. This was a habbit I had picked up as his hair was so soft.
 
“Trunks?” I whispered. “Trunks wake up. It's Christmas.” He opened his eyes and chuckled.
 
“Did Goten wake you up?” he asked. I nodded. “He's like a five year old when it comes to Christmas.”
 
“What do you mean when it comes to Christmas. Goten normally acts like a five year old.” I replied. I smiled. “That's what I like about him. He's carefree.” Trunks pouted a little but pushed it away. “Hm…but you're much more…you.” I raised an eyebrow at me. Gods, why did he have to look so much like Vegeta?!
 
“What's that mean? What am I like then?” he asked.
 
“Strong, stubborn, but gentle and handsome.” I said in a fake dreamy voice. Well, partly fake away. He smiled and ruffled my hair.
 
“I like you too.” He said. “And I definitely like your way of waking me up better than Goten's.” I laughed as we walked to my brother's room. It was empty so we went downstairs.
 
In the family room sat Goten, Daniel and Joseph. I looked at the Christmas tree. The presents were not only under the tree but piled up for some space around it too. I put my hands on my hips.
 
“What do you think you're doing?” I demanded. “Go and get dressed first.”
 
“Yes mother.” Daniel and Joseph and Goten mumbled, walked back upstairs tails between their legs. Trunks looked at me.
 
“You too Mr.” I said sternly. Before we both burst out laughing.
 
~*~*~*~
 
We were now all dressed and sat around the Christmas tree. Our family had a reputation for large Christmas trees but this year my Dad had really out done himself. I think it was because this Christmas he was actually going to be home with us. Usually he works on Christmas day.
 
We opened a few presents each before having a large breakfast. Then we lit a the old open fire place in the dinning room and opened a few more presents. Then other members of the family started arriving for dinner. We had a lovely dinner. My brother and my cousin got caught under the mistle toe which was cute as they are only seven.
 
I introduced Trunks and Goten to the entire family. They all welcomed them. It was a great day. We danced and drank and ate and talked and sang and everything. It was the best Christmas I had ever had.
 
I was walking through into the kitchen when my aunt spoke up.
 
“Jesselle dear, I do believe you're under mistle toe.” She said. I looked up. I was and with Goten. I giggled and reached up on tip toes to give him a quick kiss on the lips. “How sweet.” We all laughed at Goten's face. He looked completely confused. I shoved him into the kitchen and put a plate of food in his hand which shut him up. Then I went to talk with…well anyone there was. First my cousin Katie, then Amy. The nMy aunt Susan and then my Gran. Then I found Trunks. He smiled at me from where he was sat with my cousin on his lap. My thirteen month old cousin Ruby was happily giggling in Trunks arms. Her mum was watching him.
 
I walked over and sat with him. Ruby reached over to me. I tickled her toes which made her laugh even more.
 
“Anyone would think you two were her parents.” Ruby's mum, my aunt Sandra laughed. Trunks and I blushed. Ruby climbed off Trunks lap and ran from the room to fetch some of her toys presumably.
 
“Oh, Trunks I'll be back in a second. I've just got to go take the meringues out of the oven!” I said. I hurried back to the kitchen.
 
After that I went back to Trunks to find him stood under the mistle toe with my cousin Katrina. Katrina and I had never gotten along that well, but I guess she could be OK at times. I took a few steps back and walked out of the room. I hurried to my room.
 
I closed the door and put a hand to my heart and started panting.
 
“What's going on?” I asked myself. “Why am I acting like this? It was only a kiss under the mistle toe. After all I kissed Goten.” But I knew that couldn't be true. Once Katrina sunk her nails into someone there was no going back. I fell to my knees still gasping for air. “It's just a boy!” I scolded myself. “You should know better than to let a boy get to you!” I took a deep breath and stood up. I took a few seconds to return my breathing to normal and headed back downstairs to the kitchen. Trunks stood talking to Goten. I watched Katrina enter the room. She approached them and latched onto Trunks arm. He looked down at her in puzzlement and shrugged her off. She pouted. He sighed and put his hands on her shoulders. He turned her around and pushed her away. I smiled and walked over to them. Katrina walked past me. I stuck my tongue out. I grinned even more at that and went to stand by Trunks and Goten.
 
“What are you grinning about?” Trunks asked.
 
“Nothing.” I said. Goten looked at me.
 
“What was all that about?” he asked. “Katrina and you?” I smiled sweetly.
 
“Nothing Goten. Nothing at all.” Goten gave me a look that assured me that he knew there was more to it than that but didn't press the subject.
 
~*~*~*~
 
It was dark now and most of the family had left. I stood looking out the window. No snow. We never seemed to have snow on Christmas day.
 
“Jesse?” I heard trunks asked. I turned to look at him only to find hm leaning over me to look at the window. “Your cousin is really…I don't know…I don't like her.”
 
“I don't either. And I'm family.” I laughed. “I here you got stuck under the mistle toe.” He ran his hands through his hair awkwardly.
 
“Yeah…” he said. “I hear you did too.” I laughed.
 
“My aunt told you huh?”
 
“No. Goten did.”
 
“Goten?”
 
“Yeah. He came in and said that I should have followed you into the kitchen and offered to help. I asked why and he told me everything.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Jesse?”
 
“Yes?”
 
Trunks stood up straight and took my hand the pulled me into the middle of the room. I laughed. What the hell was going on now.
 
“It's my turn.” He said.
 
“For what?” He bent down and kissed me. It was a gentle kiss, not short but not long. We broke apart and I looked up. Mistle toe. “Oh.”
 
“Yes oh.” He said smiling. “Jesse?”
 
“Are we going to have the “Jesse?...Yes?” conversation all day?” I asked.
 
“That depends.”
 
“On what?”
 
“Never mind.”
 
“Trunks?”
 
“Yes?” I bent up and kissed him quickly. Then I stepped away.
 
“This has been the best Christmas ever.” I said and walked out of the room. I didn't understand why I was walking away when I could just go back and kiss him, or why I was using every bit of my self control not to go back and kiss him…but it must have been for a good reason if I was. I smiled. This truly was the best Christmas ever.