Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts together worlds apart ❯ Arrival ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: This is my fanfic about how one girl can change the world…but which world. She's not who she thought she was and her world…but in that case…which one is?

Disclaimer: I don't own any DBZ characters.

Hearts Together, Worlds Apart

Prologue: Arrival in an ebony storm

So there I was, on the phone to one of my friends and chatting in a highly bored manor. Well I was just sat in my room on my bed not thinking anything in particular other than; `I hate storms'.

"I know…rain again." I groaned. I hated rain and I especially hated storms. A crash of thunder caused a scream to escape my throat. I heard a giggle down the phone then an eek as another crash of thunder sounded.

From where I was sat I noticed a glowing coming from my TV, which was on at the time. It wasn't its normal colour and the picture had gone wacko. Convincing myself it was just the storm messing up the interference with the cable, I turned away from it and left my room. I closed the door behind me and blinked the image out of my head.

"Jesse…Kit to Jesse, over." I heard Kit's voice down the phone. I grinned and picked the phone back up.

"Yes…sorry…I just…" I apologised, well sort of. It was just then I noticed that the door had opened just a crack. Seeing as though doors do not usually open themselves I suspected that one of my little brothers had been either in my room trying to eaves drop and spy on me or had been trying to scare me (with doesn't take much but they still put on the pranks 24/7), or who knows it could be the boggie man coming to get me. I giggled to myself.

I crept over to the door and flung it open. I swallowed…hard. What I saw was definitely NOT what I expected.

"Jesse…" Kit's voice called again. I slowly picked up the phone, not shifting my gaze in the slightest bit.

"Kit…I'm going to have to call you back." I said. Without waiting for a reply I hung up. I looked back at the cause of my terror and shock. This was…unexpected indeed.

There in front of me stood a large crowd of people. All males and all…different… Okay, very different.

I ran my eyes over them one by one. One horrified and GREEN Piccolo (*mentally slaps self* Of course Piccolo is green you idiot!), one terrified Quillin, A confused Goku and Gohan, A curious Trunks and Goten and A grumpy Vegeta (what else is new?). Okay… TRUNKS… GOTEN… VAGETA… GOKU… GOHAN!!! The very characters whom I have got major crushes on!!! But they can't…I can't…they're not…ooo…kaay... I sighed.

"err…Hi…" I said dumbly. I heard someone approaching the stairs. Quickly I ushered the entire gang of z fighters into my room and firmly locked the door. Great I have seven Dragon Ball Z characters in my room. If this was a dream I would be over the moon…but since it's not (shame that isn't it) I have to do something.

"Cool." Goten said. The others, including myself glared at him. "Where are we?" came the typical most common question, which I happened not to be very good at answering.

"Well, you are on Earth in my time, in my world, in my room." I said. I breathed deeply dreading more questions, but they never came. Goku approached me.

"Tell me miss, what is your name?" he asked. Now that was a question that I could answer.

"My name is Jesse." I said. "I already know who all of you are." I winced. Great, now that just going to encourage a load more questions isn't it?!!! I am hopeless!!! Why is always little Jesse that manages to get everyone into all these jams?!!! Why me?!!! All my friends could name at least three incidents in a second that I caused major trouble single-handed.

Anyway, I have seven of the Z fighters in my room. Now what to do…to send them back I need to find the reason they are here and how they got here...and how I'm staying so calm! Great…Just Great!!! This will be a llllloooonnnngggg winter break!!!

"I don't know how you got here or why, but I know we have to get you back and until we figure out how and why exactly you ended up in my house out of the entire world…you're stuck here." I explained the best I could. What are the odds that out of the whole world…they appear in my room?! There has got to be a reason, there's just got to be.

"What waste of my time." Vegeta groaned. "I should be training not here talking." I smiled at the very much typical Vegeta attitude. He is soooo hot! That stupid sexy smirk…and-WHAT?! My stupid brain! I will punish you in the name of the moon you stupid teenage brain! I really have to stop watching so much TV.

"Well, if my parents find you they will most likely kill me and then you're stuck here forever…so…we need to make sure as few a people a possible find out you're here otherwise you'll end up causing world war…um whatever number we're on…I really need to pay attention in history…or in school for that matter…" I thought for a second before continuing. "I know where we can go. Then we can discuss this and you can train and you won't get noticed…ah, but now changing gravity or any ki basts just physical ok!" I said putting on my trainers, which I have to say did not go with my school uniform. I opened the window and pointed to the woods not too far away.

"Just fly out there and wait on the roof." I said, though my voice sounded calmer than I was. "Oh, and do NOT turn super saiyan. We don't what to attract any unwanted attention." They looked at me as if to ask how I knew about that but they didn't say a thing.

Goku squeezed out of the window and disappeared onto the roof. The others reluctantly followed. I watched them. It was still raining outside but the thunder and lightning had stopped.

Now, how do I get onto the roof? I climbed onto the window ledge only to be met by Gohan's hand. He pulled me up onto the roof with no effort.

"So Gohan…" I couldn't help asking, "how are things with you and Videl?" Gohan blushed. I smiled, mission accomplished. Obviously him and Videl were getting along just fine.

"Right, now you'll have to the fly in that direction." I said, pointing to the woods. "I'll run and meet you there." Oh wait how do I get down off of the roof to run? But before I could let my thoughts continue I was being lifted off of the roof. I was flying! Flying! Trunks held one of my hands and Goten the other and I was flying. Wow! Major dream come true. Wait stop thinking that right now. [Why?] Because it's wrong. They don't belong here. [so] Heck what the hell with it I can still dream and…oh my god I'm having an argument…with myself.

Then I suddenly remembered. I really should have put a jumper on, or at least my blazer. The rain had soaked through my school shirt leaving it VERY see through, revealing my BLACK bra! Yikes! I blushed, not much but enough to be visible and that was too much for me. I just had to be stupid didn't I, and not pick up a jumper or anything and of all the days to be wearing a black bra. Wonders will never cease…I am born to be clumsy and unlucky.

"Down there!" I shouted, looking down at the woods. Trunks turned to me and smiled, his eyes were reckless.

"Prepare for a landing." He said. Goten shoot me a glance before glaring at Trunks.

"Trunks don't, she's not like us…she's not…" he protested. I broke in. I wasn't some little damsel in distress. I was going to prove to them and Vegeta especially that girls could fight and that I was one that could. I had never taken much real martial arts…well about one term of about 16 different types but not enough to have learned that much. I had however always had a knack for free style fighting.

"I can manage. Just let go when we get close to the ground." I said. Trunks smiled back at me but this time not in such a mischievous way. Then he looked smugly at Goten.

"See Goten, see can manage. Stop being such a mother." He said. I held back a little giggle. Goten held up his free hand defensively.

"I was just looking out for her!" he said.

We approached the ground and they let go of my hands. I did a ball out in the air and landed on my feet. I did this to make the landing softer. I guess two years of gymnastics and five years of trampolining had really paid off.

I had raised a few eyebrows with my fancy entrance and shrugged them off by continuing the topic at hand. Hee Hee! I thought smugly. See boys I can play your little games, better than you know.

"Right, can you think of any reason why you might be here?" I asked. I got blank faces staring at me. If I were in their world there would be a massive sweat drop on my head right now. I then tried a different approach.

"Okay…what were you doing exactly before you appeared here?" I tried again. To my relief I actually got an answer this time.

"Well, we were looking for the saiyan warrior who can help us." Goku said. "You see there's an evil being that we are trying to destroy but to do that we need to find the saiyan child of the only other two surviving saiyans. They died a while back and their child was said to have been sent far away, concealed from all possible danger." Right well that made things oh so much clearer…just about as clear as MUD! Wait! It did. They must be here because that's where the saiyan warrior is.

"Then my guess is that the warrior you are looking for is here is this world." I said bluntly. I suddenly remembered that just at the bottom of the hill was an abandoned stable. It was pretty run down but at least the rain wouldn't get to me.

"Follow me. I don't have the same energy you do I need to find shelter." I said quietly. Goku placed a hand on my shoulder. "Just at the bottom of the hill."

We got there in no time. I quickly dashed under the roof and huddled up on a half-broken bench. I was shivering from head to foot. Then I thought of something.

"Gohan…can I ask you a favour?" I enquired. He nodded. "Well, things would be a lot quicker and so would your search if you didn't have to carry me, so I was wondering if you could teach me to fly like you did Videl." He nodded again.

"Tell me Jesse, how do you know so much about us?" Goku asked. Great, what do I say? Should I tell them that they are characters from a cartoon in my world. Err…no that would just make things even more complicated. Why was I so used to this?! The feeling of me being naturally calm made me uneasy.

"I…just do. I dreamt it." I said, improvising. It was easier than the truth. I was also beginning to get suspicious of Piccolo. He hadn't spoken to me since he got here. Not a word.

"I think we all need rest. Tomorrow Gohan will teach her to fly and then we will begin our search." Goku announced. I swung my legs as I sat on the bench, still shivering. I was cold and tired. What was I to do with them?! I can't keep them in my house…but I can't just leave them here…with no food…aahhhh man…but my mom would freak…un…less…she didn't know.

"Come on back to the house." I said. "It's getting late."