Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts together worlds apart ❯ Mission ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: OK, I got a few reviews so I'll continue. How will our young human hide these characters? Let's find out!

Disclaimer: I don't own any DBZ characters.

Hearts Together, Worlds Apart

Prologue: Born in One World, Belong in Another

Once we got back home, I left Piccolo, Quillin and Vegeta in the shed, where there were plenty of old armchairs, sofas and cushions that they could sleep on. Besides it was probably warmer in there than in the house. As we had no heating. Nothing. Our house was almost three-hundred years old and that meant cracked, uneven walls, and no heating. How thrilling for me, huh? *voice dripping in sarcasm*

Then the others and I snuck back into the house. I then introduced Goku, Gohan, Goten and Trunks to my attic. In my attic were also plenty of cushions and blankets that they could use.

Satisfied that I had hid them successfully I changed into my skimpy, silk nightie (what a mistake) and settled myself into bed. I fell asleep easily, after all I had had an awkward evening (to say the least that is).

I woke up to someone shaking me late hours of the morning. I moaned before finally opening my eyes to see Trunks and Goten staring at me. I would have screamed if Goten's hand hadn't quickly covered my mouth. I blushed and quickly turned away for a second.

"What?" I asked, turning back. I noticed that Trunk's was blushing slightly, this made his lovely tan show on his lovely skin and…stop it right now! I quickly averted my gaze back to Earth and to the saiyans in front of me, holding their stomachs. Great, they were hungry. Okay, I have to feed the seven Z fighters without emptying the cupboards. Oh how easy that will be!!!

"Bunnykins, I'm going to work." My mother shouted up the stairs. I blushed and buried my face under my pillow at that nickname. "Daniel and Joseph are out all day and your father will be home at lunch." What luck that this is pretty much how everyday goes. Dad leaves for work at ungodly hours of the morning and doesn't get back `til late, brother's go off to a friend's house or my grandma's house, mom works `til lunch and then goes back to work after lunch until four. So I was always pretty much on my own…and people wonder why I read and write so much.

"Yes, mum!" I shouted back at her. I heard a door shut and the car pull away. I sighed openly. I slipped out of bed only to realise that I was standing in front of two sixteen-year-old boys in my nightie. My very revealing nightie. I blushed again and Goten averted his gaze, suddenly finding a great interest in the floor. Trunks stared for a few moments before quickly shifting his gaze to the wall. I blushed a deeper colour. I quickly shoved them both out of the door and yelled up at Goku and Gohan to get down from the attic now. Then I shoved them out of the door and told them to go and fetch the others and meet me in the kitchen. I also added that the bathroom was next door to my room if anyone needed it or needed a wash.

I swiftly got changed and rushed downstairs. Now how to feed them. I could use my credit card to buy some food if I could get to the shops but I'd have to be super quick about it…like instant sorta quick. Goku!

"Goku. I need your help." I said. "I need you to use your instant trans-location technique to get me to the shops to get you some food." He frowned.

"But I can only do that when I know where I'm going." He replied. I thought, then something hit me.

"I got it. Goku link my mind to yours and then as I know where I'm going you can get us there." I said. I really did watch too much TV.

"Great." He replied. Before I could think another thought is was in the co-op. Wow!

"Right…now…this…and…this…" I threw things into a basket. Goku just watched me. Some people gave us strange looks at the check out but not much more.

"…um…that'll be $34.54 miss…" he casher said. I nodded and handed him my cash card. I noticed his eyes growing larger by the second.

"I'm having a big party this lunchtime. Oh and my family has lots of cash if you're wondering." I said. He nodded and handed us the bags. Then Goku instantly teleported us back. Shit! Not straight from the store! Where people could see!!! Oh Great!!! That was a good move Jesse! Gold medal performance in being discrete awarded to Jesse and Goku.

Back at the house I started cooking. I needed a lot to feed this lot so I made; rice, pasta, pizza, sausages, vegetables, chicken (on really high heat so as to be quick) and as many desserts as you can think of. Finally full the saiyans began to doze. Even Vegeta. Gohan stayed awake and I led him to the garden for my flying lesson.

He demonstrated by concentrating on the inside of his stomach and pushing out the energy. I copied and only succeeded in collapsing from strain the first time. But on the second go I felt my feet rise. I felt strange. I felt power literally running through me. I was flying. I was flying!

"Cool." I breathed.

Before long it resumed raining and the rest of my flying lessons were postponed. We all went inside and I dragged them all into the living room to watch some telly. After a while I got up and headed to get some drinks. Then I felt something awaken inside of me and gasp onto me. It pulled me down with massive force, dragging me to the ground.

I looked up at the others, my eyes wild and glassy and full of fear. I felt something bang then I felt my head smash against the ground and everything went black.

The first thing I felt was pain. Oh, the pain! I forced my eyes open, only to meets those of a young saiyan boy. Trunks! The others! What happened now?! I felt all of my thoughts come to a sudden halt when Trunks placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. Tears began to fill my terrified blue eyes.

Around me a still grumpy Vegeta leant against a wall and Quillin and Piccolo were stood quite some distance away. Gohan stood behind me with his father, Goku. Both looked sincere and almost as if they pitied me. Goten stood behind Trunks concern on his innocent face. It was at this moment I realised that Trunks had never taken his eyes off me while I had been looking around at everyone. I turned back to him and blushed like hell. Oh, bloody hell my greatest dream has come true. A guy I totally like and who is like totally hot is spending a lot of his time staring at me and blushing! Oh how brilliant this would all be if I could go back with him…but the rules say once I'm there there's no coming back so…I have to stay where I am.

We were no longer in my living room, or my house for that matter. We were now back at the old stable. I was sprawled across a bale of hay. Obviously I had been carried here by one of them…(oh I wonder who that could be?! (*fake cough* Trunks *fake cough*)

I didn't know quite what had happened but it must have been something big. I let my tears fall. The others looked at me sympathetically, all except Piccolo, who appeared to be thinking about something and Vegeta, who was grumpy as usual.

"What happened?" I asked. "I remember pain and then blacking out but not much else."

"We don't know we thought you would." Gohan said. Goku looked at Piccolo.

"Piccolo. You know don't you." Goku said without having to wait for an answer. Piccolo nodded.

"Your body is becoming attuned to its saiyan powers. All this has awoken your true form." Piccolo said. The others gasped. "We came here for you. That explains why you are the one who found us."

"You mean to tell me that the invincible saiyan warrior we came to find is a weak female eathling!" Vegeta ranted. My tears continued to fall. Each one brought more emotion to the surface; confusion, pain, emptiness. I felt alone, different and isolated. I wanted to run but I couldn't move. My body was already in enough pain, running could knock me out again.

"Stop crying child, we need to train." Piccolo said calmly. This made me cry harder. Was I nothing but a warrior to him?!

"Piccolo, let it sink in first!" Quillin said. "It's been enough of a shock for her already. Leave her be for a while." Piccolo and Quillin wandered off.

"I just hope you know what you're getting into woman." Vegeta said walking off. Goku came over to me.

"It'll be OK." He said cheerfully. "Talk to Trunks and Goten, they both about your age." He said and led Gohan away with him.

"Good luck!" Gohan called over his shoulder. My tears were slowing but wouldn't stop. Goten sat next to me and put a hand on my shoulder. Trunks took my hand in his. I looked up at him.

"It'll be OK." He said quietly. I nodded. "Don't cry. Goten and I will protect you." I wiped my tears away. Somehow, I believed him. I sat up fully and winced at the pain it caused. Trunks quickly put his spare arm around my back.

"Gently Trunks." Goten said, as Trunks lifted me up. I felt myself being lifted but then a blacked out again.

"Hold on, Jesse." I heard him say as I drifted away in an ebony sea.

I got up Saturday morning to find myself back in my room. I was alone and no one was in sight. I couldn't hear anyone. Had the Z fighters left without me?! Where was my family? I heard the door downstairs open.

"Bunnykins? I'm going to work honey! Your father will check on you at lunch and I'll be back with the boys later in the afternoon!" I heard my mom shout. I sighed, my family were still here. Where were the Z fighters? Had they left? Would they? Could they?

"Did they really leave?" I whispered to myself. Was it a dream?

"Don't worry we haven't left you." I heard a soft voice say. I looked around and Trunks, Goten and Gohan stood in my room. I sighed in relief. For some reason I couldn't bear for them to leave. Not yet, at least. "We're still here." It was Trunks.

"Jesse?" Gohan enquired. "Are you alright?" I nodded blankly. I thought I'd lost them.

"I'm OK. Just a little out of it." I said quietly. "I'll be fine. What do you say we get some breakfast huh?" Their eyes lit up. We all went down stairs. Quillin and Piccolo were sat on the living room couch watching TV and Vegeta was growling at the playstation and saying how it was the games fault and how he could win if he wanted. Where was Goku? Probably still asleep. I gave everyone food.

"We can't eat without my dad." Gohan said. I smiled.

"That's easy." I said. "GOKU FOOD!" I instantly heard Goku scrabbling down the stairs. He stood in front of me mouth open and drooling. I handed him his plate of food and went to make some more for the hungry saiyins.

"HeHe…just like a doggie." I giggled. I watched them finish.

"Piccolo. I'm ready to start training." I said. He nodded. The others looked at me. What had I gotten myself into?!