Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ High School...Dbz Style ❯ The Big Night ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: You know it's not mine...

~*~
~High School~ Chapter 7

Piccolo woke up as soon as his screeching alarm clock sounded. He glared at it and hit it with his
fist meaning to push the snooze button but accidentally broke it into small pieces. He groaned as he lifted himself
from his bed and stretched, yawning. He went into the bathroom and brushed his teeth and stuff like that.
He thought about what was going to happen that night and he remembered he didn't have a tux. He decided
to call his blue haired friend to see what he was wearing.

Piccolo dialed Vegeta's number and listened to the ringing waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello?" came Vegeta's irritable voice.

"Hey Vegeta," Piccolo greeted.

"Piccolo, it's 8:00 on a Saturday!" He had obviously woken Vegeta who liked to sleep in on weekends.

"Yeah yeah, I'm sorry dude but I don't have a tux for tonight."

Vegeta yawned and then asked "So thats my problem?"

"Well, I was wondering what you were wearing."

"Well a tux, duh."

Piccolo was getting ticked with Vegeta's attitude but kept the anger out of his voice.

"Do you have an extra tux that I could borrow?"

"Well, I have a tux you could borrow but I doubt it would fit."

Piccolo thought about this. He deffinatly wouldn't fit in one of Vegeta's tuxedos.

"Yeah, true..."

"Go to the Mall and get fitted for one." Vegeta suggested.

"What store?" Piccolo questioned.

"Joe's Tuxedos," Vegeta answered.

"Ok thanks, bye."

"Later," They both hung up.

Piccolo got dressed and grabbed some money. He took off at his doorstep and headed for the mall. About twenty minutes
later he landed, ignoring the many people starring at him. He went inside and his eyes grew slightly wider than usual
as he looked at the huge three story structure from the inside. It was huge. There was a fountain of a woman spitting into a
sea shell and it was surrounded by lush furns. The whole walk way was blue and white tile, all of it making different designs on
the floor. The upper levels had golden bars with glass under them to keep people from falling off. The large sky window at the top lit the intire mall.

'How the heck am I going to find it?' Piccolo asked himself looking around at the many stores. A sign that said 'Map' caught his eye.
He walked up to it and looked under 'Clothing Stores' for the name Vegeta had suggested. After five minutes of looking he found it.
'E-6, 3rd level,' He thought looking at the third level map. He found it and looked for the nearest elevator. He found one and went in.
He pressed '3' and the elevator took of the ground, the radio playing some annoying polka music. He gladly left it a few seconds later
and headed in the direction the store was supposed to be. He found it and went in.

The store had nothing but tuxes. Piccolo was surprised that there were many different colors, even a ugly bright pink one. Piccolo made his
way up to the counter and asked the man there if he could get fitted for a tux. The man smiled warmly as he agreed and lead him to a corner
with three mirrors proped up against the walls. The man pulled out a stool and told Piccolo to stand still. The man stood on the stool as he
measured Piccolo's arm length and around his chest with a tape measure-like thing. {I dunno what it's called.} After he finished measuring him
he asked Piccolo to wait for a moment while he found a tux that would fit.

"Make sure it's black," Piccolo called after him. He didn't want to end up in the pink one.

Piccolo looked around as he waited and saw a familiar spikey haired guy bieng measured in another corner. The man measuring him left and Piccolo waved
at his friend. Goku smiled widely as he waved back. A minute later the man that fitted Piccolo came back with a black tux complete with bowtie.

"I'll take it." Piccolo smiled walking to the counter. He payed for it and the man put it in a cover for him. Piccolo decided to wait for Goku to
get done. A few minutes later Goku came to the counter with his man, who was carring a bright orange tux. Piccolo smirked at his friend who payed for it
happily. Goku joined Piccolo and walked with him to the outside of the mall.

"Orange is my favorite color," Goku said cheerfully.

"Yeah I noticed," Piccolo smirked.

"Well see you tonight then." Goku said and started to take off.

"Ok, later." Piccolo said taking off himself.

They flew thier seperate ways and landed at thier homes a little while later.

Piccolo put the tux in his closet and sighed, glad that that was over with.

As soon as Goku went in his room he put on the tux and looked hiself over in a fullsize mirror.

"Whos that good-looking guy in my house!" Goku said pretending he didn't reconize himself. "Call 911! Theres a good-lookin' guy in my house!"

"Oh wait," He smiled slyly. "Nevermind, thats me." He laughed and made a gun with his hand and acted like he shot it.

"Pow! Lookin' sharp!" He licked his finger and smoothed his eyebrow.

~At Bulma's house~ {4:00PM, 3 hours before the Prom}

Chi-Chi rang the doorbell of Capsule Corporation. A few seconds later Bulma answered beaming. Chi-Chi smiled at her blue-haired friend.

"I found a great dress!" She said holding up a sack.

"Me to! Come in!" The girls rushed upstairs giggling, and almost pushed Mr. Briefs off the staircase in thier haste. {Aw too bad they didn't LOL}

Once in Bulma's room Bulma ran to her closet and pulled out the shimmering dress to show her friend. She held it up toherlf for her friend to admire.

"Oh my Gosh!" Chi-Chi said excitedly. "Its beautiful! You'll look great, Bulma."

"Thanks Chi-Chi." Bulma smiled. "Go on show me your dress!"

Chi-Chi smiled and pulled out a silky looking dress that was shimmering and lavender colored.

"Wow what a cool dress! You'll look wonderful." Bulma said.

"Thanks Bulma. Hey wheres Karina?" Chi-Chi asked.

"She should be here soon." Bulma said looking at the cock on the wall.

As if it were magic the doorbell rang at that exact second. Bulma and chi-Chi practicly flew downstairs and Bulma got the door.
There stood Karina with her bright green hair pulled back into a pony tail.

"Hey girls!" She smiled.

"Hi Karina!" They both said at the same time.

"Come in!" Bulma smiled warmly.

Up stairs again Bulma and Chi-Chi waited for Karina to show them her dress.
Karina put her hand in the bag she had brought. She pulled out a glimmering black dress that had to be pure silk.
Bulma and Chi-Chi oooo'd and aaaaaaah'd as they felt the soft fabric.

"Wow its beautiful!" Bulma said looking up at her green haired friend.

"Yeah you'll look great!" Chi-Chi smiled.

"Thanks guys! I spent all Wendsday looking for a perfect dress." Karina said smiling proudly.

"Well girls." Bulma smiled mischieviously, "Lets get ready!"

"Yeah!" The two cheered, agreeing.

And with that they pulled out thier make up and started preparing for the big night.

~About 2 hours later~

The phone rang. Bulma ran to it picking up her skirt so she wouldn't step on it.
She grabbed the phone and said "Hello?"

"Hey Bulma." Came Vegeta's voice.

"Hey Vegetakins!" she smiled. There was laughing in the background.

"Um...Bulma,I'm on speaker phone and the guys are over so could you not call me that?"

"I can call you whtaever I want and if you don't like it too bad." Bulma said angrily.

"Ugh...anyways how are we getting there?"

"Um...I can drive us there."

"Ok cool."

"We'll pick you guys up in 45 minutes."

"Ok, cool, Bye." They hung up.

Bulma ran back to the bathroom to finish her make up. Her friends looked at her expectantly.

She smiled, "We are picking them up in 45 minutes."

"Cool! I can't wait!" They both said in unision.

"Me niether..." Bulma sighed dreamily as she put on some eyeshadow.

~At Vegeta's Pad~

It was pure mayhem. Goku was trying to gel his hair so it didn't stick up and Piccolo was fretting about his antennas.
Vegeta was getting into his tux and trying to tie his bow tie right. Goku dropped the container of hair-gel which thankfully didn't splatter
all over them. Vegeta got fed up with his tie and threw it on the ground. Piccolo decided just to wear his cap and Goku
stopped trying to gel his hair. They all stood there for a moment and then...

"I'm ready." Vegeta stated.

"Me to!" Goku siad smiling happily.

"Me three." Piccolo said pulling his cap over his antennas. They all walked outside to wait.
The stars seemed to shimmer in the dark night blue sky that was cloudless. A shooting star flashed
across the sky and disappeared again. They all silently made wishes.

'I wish that Karina won't see my antennas,' Piccolo thought.

'I wish that I wont make a fool of myself dancing,' Vegeta thought because he had never danced in his life.

'I wish that there will be tons of food at the prom,' Goku thought happily.

About ten minutes later a black Corvette drove up to the curb in front of Vegeta's house.
All three dudes took a deep breath and walked across the lawn to the car. A window went down and
Karina's beaming face apeared. Piccolo stared at her, dumfounded, as she opened the back door for him. Her hair was back in an elegant bun.
The black dress was to her knees and was sleeveless. She was wearing black gloves that went to her elbows. It shimmered in the starlight as she got
in and waited for him to do the same. He stumbled in still staring at her and she giggled.

Chi-Chi smiled at him, her hair was in a tight bun and she was wearing white gloves with her lavender speggetti strap dress.
Goku got in at the other door and smiled at Chi-Chi.

Vegeta got in the front with Bulma, who was looking good in her dress and white gloves. Her hair was sligtly curled at the ends which hung to her shoulders.
They soon drove off to the high school. They arrived a few minutes later and parked near the gym where the Prom was to be held.
It was already 7:00 P.M. and music could be heard as they climbed out of the car. They entered the gym and their eyes grew wide.

The gym was decorated with many streamers and banners that said ~*Blue Moon High Prom.*~ Strobe lights and a disco ball flashed on the cieling
while some wild rock was playing. There were many couples already on the dance floor and some standing by a refreshment table covered with
cookies, punch, cakes, and bowls of chips. Goku smiled at Chi-Chi and grabbed her hand as he headed the for the refreshment table.

Bulma started dancing in a suductive way and winked at Vegeta. He blushed and they quickly went off to the dance floor.

Piccolo looked at Karina, who looked back and they both went and sat in chairs at the side of the gym. They talked for a while, learning more about each other.
Karina didn't care that he was green or had pointy ears, he was still a nice guy. Piccolo was happy that she was so nice and he felt comfortable with her.
A few minutes later, Piccolo stood and held his arm out to her. She smiled as she stood as well, taking his arm. They walked off to the dance floor.

A slower song started and without warning Karina wrapped her arms around Piccolo's neck and took his hands and put them on her waist. He blushed as she rested her head
on his chest as they slowly moved to the music. He gulped and looked down at her. He smiled slightly.


"Oh I love this song!" Bulma said, sighing dreamily.

"Never heard it before," Vegeta told her.

"Have you ever slow danced?" She asked him.

"Um....no..." He looked down at the ground, a light shade of pink crossing his cheeks and nose as he blushed.

She took his hands in hers and placed them around her waist. "You do this first and then..."
She gently put her hands on his shoulders and started side-stepping slowly. Vegeta smiled a little and so did Bulma
as they got lost in each others eyes...


Chi-Chi looked at her date who was currently stuffing his face.

"Lets dance, Goku!" She said grabbing his hand.

"Ok, Just let me get a few more c-" she dragged him off to the dance floor before he could finish his scentence.

There they got in a slow dancing position and Chi-Chi smiled sweetly at him. He smiled back happily.

"I'm really glad you asked me to go with you, Goku."

"So am I, Chi-Chi."

"Oh Goku, you're so sweet," She rested her head on his chest as they danced to the music.

Later, the song ended and the couples untangled themselves and waited for the next song to play.
A hard rock band came over the speakers and right away Bulma and Vegeta were dancing to it.
Piccolo started getting in the swing of it as Karina laughed, dancing as well. Chi-Chi and Goku really got into
the music, dancing crazily. They all looked kind of funny, but they didn't care, they were having a great time.

The rest of the night the three couples had a great time talking, dancing, and eating. Chi-Chi was very happy
as so was Goku. Vegeta and Bulma were having fun the whole time. Karina and Piccolo talked happily as they danced.
Piccolo felt much closer and comfortable with Karina than any other girl he'd ever met before.

A few hours after much dancing, a thin boy in a gray tux walked onto a platform at the end of the gym. A spotlight
lit him up and everybody turned their attention to him. The music volume went down and the boy held the microphone he
was holding up to his mouth.

"Hello and welcome to this Blue Moon High Prom!" He smiled. Most of the students clapped and cheered wildly, while other clapped politely.

"After much searching and scouting we have decided tonight's best couple! They are the Prom Queen and King," He continued. More cheering.

"And the Queen and King are..." He said dramaticly and a drum roll started.

"Vegeta and Bulma!" He yelled and everyone burst into applause.

Vegeta looked shocked. Bulma looked as if all her dreams had come true. She grabbed Vegeta by the arm and dragged him
off to the platform. A spot light shone down on the two as they made their way onto the platform. Everyone clapped when
they stood next to the boy. Vegeta looked suprised still as Bulma beamed happily.

"Congradulations! You two are the best couple out there! Even your hair matches!" The boy smiled. Vegeta growled slightly at this but said nothing.

Two pretty girls came onto the platform, each with a pillow on their hands. On the pillow of the first girl was a large gold circular crown which
she placed on Vegeta. {His hair went through it perfectly and it was at his ears} The other one was smaller silver and a s
imi-circle that was made to fit into the hair of a woman. She placed it in Bulma's hair. Everyone cheered and clapped.

"Ok! Let's get back to the dancing," The boy announced.

A romantic song played and they all got into position. Bulma and Vegeta danced on the platform, the spotlight still following
them. Bulma had tears of happiness in her eyes and Vegeta wiped them away gently. They smiled at each other.
{Well, Vegeta smirked} Goku put his forhead to Chi-Chi's and looked into her eyes. She looked into his and they danced
smoothly. Karina put the side of her face gently against Piccolo's as they slowly moved to the music. The song ended and
Piccolo went to go get them punch. Karina sighed happily as he dissapeared through the crowd.

A while later the boy came back onto the platform. He announced that it was mid night and time for the Prom to end. Bulma
was a bit dissapointed and Vegeta found that he was also a little dissapointed. He blinked in supprise. He had been wishing all
last week for the thing to get over with and now that it was he felt there was nothing to really look forward to.
He took Bulma's hand and they walked out of the gym and waited at the car for the others.

"Vegeta," Bulma said and he looked over at her, "I'm so glad you asked me to go with you."

Vegeta smirked, "I am to." She went up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. He put his hands around her waist and
they started making out. Just then, Piccolo and Karina came out to the car as well but, of course, Vegeta and Bulma didn't
notice them. Piccolo wanted to say 'Geez get a room!' but Karina took his hands in hers. He looked into her vibrant green eyes.
She was smiling and tears were silently flowing down her cheeks.

"Whats wrong?" He asked gently wiping away her tears.

"I'm just so happy." She smiled and flung her arms around him and kissed him. At first Piccolo's eyes were wide with shock, but then
her closed them and gently put his hand to her face.

A little while later Chi-Chi and Goku imerged from the gym and looked at everyone who were all to busy to notice them.

"Well if you can't beat 'em, join 'em," Chi-Chi said, smiling mischieviously.

"Huh?-" Whatever Goku was going to say next didn't get a chance to get said as Chi-Chi had put her arms around his neck and
kissed him passionatly. After a little while Vegeta and Bulma finally pulled away from eachother and looked at their friends.

"Ok lets go," Vegeta said with a smirk, getting into the car. Bulma smiled as she went around to the other side and got in.
The other couples were still making out so Bulma honked the horn loudly. They quickly pulled away from each other blushing
and got into the car. Bulma drove off and dropped everyone off.

As she headed near Capsule Corp. she thought about the wonderful night she had just had. She smiled happily and thought
'This is a night to remember.' as she pulled into the C.C. drive way.



~*~
Whew! Man, that sure was a romantic chapter. ^_^ heh heh. I know it was like really corny sometimes because the girls
were crying or whatever, but oh well. Well did you like it? Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out,
I've been busy lately. Crud schools starting soon! Nooooo that will mean I'll have even less time to write! Sorry people!
I picked Vegeta and Bulma to be prom queen and king cuz..it seems to be the most popular couple in dBZ so..*shrugs.*
^_~v Peace!