Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ High School...Dbz Style ❯ Love Is In The Air...Or is it? o.o ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own dbz(-_-), that beer comercial (o.o), or tellitubies.(Thank goodness ^_^)

It's romance/humor. And I'm just assuming 1 yen = 1 dollar Ok? Here we go!

~*~

The next week at school the guys noticed something was up with thier girls.
They seemed so love sick as if something mayjor was about to happen, like another dance.
Vegeta and Piccolo certainly didn't want that and were becoming stressed. They hadn't
heard about any dance.

"Whats going on!?" Piccolo asked angrily one day as Karina and her two friends giggled once
again.

"You know whats going on!" Karina said blushing.

"What?" Goku asked, a puzzled look on his face.

"You know what!" Chi-Chi smiled slyly slapping Goku playfully on the arm.

"We do not!" Vegeta protested scowling.

"Hehehe, your such a tease!" Bulma said winking at him.

"C'mon girls, letsgo to Science." Karina said smiling and shutting her locker.

"Ok." The two replied at the same time.

The three left the guys with questioning looks on thier faces. Piccoloand Vegeta looked at each other raising
an eyebrow. (Well eye ridge for Piccolo ^_^)

"Chicks!" goku said throwing his hands up confused.

"I don't get them, and I don't think I ever will." Piccolo sighed.

"We gotta figure out whats going on." Vegeta demanded swinging his bag onto his shoulder.

"Yeah..." Goku said walking off with his two best buds.

The three dudes walked through the halls and went into thier next class still wondering what was goingto happen.

After some more boring and hard classes the lunch bell rang.

"Finnally!" Goku exclaimed bursting out into the hall.

There was a rush of feet and a lot of noise as all the teens headed into the halls and down to the cafetieria.
Goku was first in line and ordered 7 trays of food. Many kids stared wide-eyed as he balancedthem all on his arms
and headed over to the table where Piccolo was sitting arms crossed. He set all the trays down, grabbed his plastic
fork, and started eating ravousnessly.

Vegeta soon joined the table, many trays in his hands as well. He nodded at Piccolo before digging in himself.
Piccolo just looked at them in disgust for a while then, not being able to stand it any more, he got upand headed
off to the vending machienes.

Chi-Chi came with her tray and sat down by Goku. She flicked off a pieceof chicken that had just landed on herarm
with a angry and disgusted look.

"Goku, you really should learn some table manners." She growled.

"Hmm?" Goku mummbled looking up fromhis tray, his mouth full.

"You too Vegeta." She said looking at Vegeta who was still making a pig of himself. He shrugged and continued eating.

"Hey."Bulma said setting her tray down on the table and sitting between Vegeta and Chi-Chi. A fleck of food landed on her cheek.

"Ew! Vegeta!" She shrieked wiping it away.

"Oops." he mummbled before continuing.

"You are so disgusting!" She yelled angrily. He just shrugged.

"You don't even care do you!?" she growled. He shrugged again.

"Vegeta!" She yelled standing up and her chair scraped noisely. People looked up from thier meals.

"What!?" He grumbled wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Say your sorry!" She comanded.

"I'm eating." He retortedand started eatign again.

"Argh!" She shrieked.

"Peopel are staringbecause your making somuch noise." He said swolowing a large mouthful.

"Thats it! You don't even care a disgusting piece of slobbery crap landed on my face because of your revolting eating habbits!!"
She yelled and her voice echoed in the large cafetieria. She ignored the looks she was getting.

"Its just a piece of food!!" Vegeta yelled back standing up and picking up all of his trays. "Dang your so sensitive!"

He pushed past her and knocked her into her seat. Shelooked like she was going to killsomething but, he just egnoredit as he dumped his trays.

"We're FINISHED!" She growled loudly and picked up her tray and strided torward him. He blinked and grabbed her rist, stopping the tray before
she shoved it into his face. She was seething. He growled irritably and shoved her away. She was pushed back first into a wall. She screamed
angrily as he stormed off.

Then, once he was gone, she shrank down and sat sobbing. The whole silent cafitieria sat there staring. Chi-Chi rushed to Bulma's side and
tried to comfort her. Guko just sat there, frozen, still holding his fork in his mouth. Karina dropped her tray which she had just gotten and ran
over on the other side of Bulma. Piccolo stood there, the bottled water he had justgotten in hand. He pocketed itand headed offin the direction Vegeta
had headed.

He caught up with him at his locker. "Dude!" He growledand grabbed Vegeta by the collarof his shirt. He slammed him into the lockers and looked into
his eyes.

"Idiot! You could of really hurt her!" Piccolo growled angrily.

"Well I didn't did I!?" Vegeta seethed knocking his hand away.

"Why didn't you just say sorry?!" Piccolo asked in a low dangerous voice.

"Because Ididn't feel like it." Vegeta growled and knocked into him as he passed him.

"She just dumped you I hope you know." Piccolo yelled furiously scowling at Vegeta's retreating back.

Vegeta didn't answer and the bell sounded loudlyin the halls, signalling the end of lunch. Piccolo and Vegeta both shot eachother furious scowls and
headed to thier classes.

~

Much later the finnal bell rang. The classes burst open and the halls were filled with many teens that were anxious to get home. Piccolo shoved his hands
in his pockets as he mixed into the flow of kids. He saw a flash of bright green and flowedit but lost it in the rush. He sighed. Nearign the exit he saw
a table surrounded with many kids. He raised an eyeridge and headed over.

He looked over them all toseea table with a pink table cloth on it. It had many hearts all over it and there were sheets of paper. On a sign on the table
he read 'Singing Valentines. 2 yen.' He looked puzzled as he thought 'What the heck is a Valentine?'

"Um, what is this?" He asked a purple haired girl sitting behindthe desk. She looked up at him smiling widely.

"They are singing Valentine's. On Valentines Day members of the school chior will find the one who has recieved the Valintine and sing the poem the sender has wrote. It's $2.00."

"Oh." He responed. He looked up in thought. 'Hmm...I bet Karina would like one...'

He pulled out the money and layed them infront of her saying "I'd like one please."

She smiled even wider taking the cash and handed him a pencil and a piece of paper.

"Please write a poem that fills only the lines. No more than that."

He looked down on the paper where six lines were.



Form:

Dear ____________

_________________________________________________

_________________________________________________

__________ _______________________________________

From ____________


Piccolo sighed, scratched his chin and filled in the first space. Then he thought hard and finnally
filled in the three for the poem. He finished by writing his name in the From space and pushed the paper back to her.

"Thank you very much." She grinned, "Your Valintine poem will be sung to her on Valentine's Day."

"Uh....what day is that?" he asked feeling sort of stupid.

She blinked at him but soon that huge smile reapeared on her face. "February 14th."

"Thanks." He walked through the doors. 'Thats in 2 days!' he thought, 'I should get her something...I better tell the guys to
well....I don't know if Vegeta will NEED to now that he was such a jerk to Bulma...'

~At Goku's House an hour later~

The phone rang. Goku quickly switched off the tv. He had been watching tellitubies. He picked up the phone.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey dude. Wassup?" Piccolos deep voice answered.

"Um...watchin' the game, drinkin' a bud..." He copied a comicial.

"True, true...wait. Is it true your drinking beer?" his green friend asked.

"No."

"Ok good." They both laughed.

"Well anyways, I called to tell you something." Piccolo said seriously.

"Yeah?" his friend asked.

"Well Friday is Valintine's Day. Thats a day your supposed to give the people you like alot Valintines."

"Ok, what do you want?"

"Not me, idiot, Chi-Chi."

"Oooooh THAT kind of like, heh heh."

"Well anyways I got a singing Valintine for Karina and I thought you and Vegeta should get one for your girls."

"Yeah ok...but Bulma broke up with him today..."

"I know...he was being a real jerk."

"Yeah."

"I can tell he still likes her though."

"Me to, they've been together since like, Freshman year."

"Well that was only last year...but still, I know they still like each other, they arejust having issues right now."

"In THAT way?"

"Yes..."

"Ok just checkin."

"Well get Chi-Chi some flowers or Candy or something, I'll call Vegeta."

"Alrighty....good luck....you'll need it."

"I know." They hung up.

~So now at Piccolo's pad~

Piccolo chose his words carefully before dialing Vegeta's number.

"Hello?" Vegeta's voice sounded irritated.

"Sup?" Piccolo asked casually.

"What do you want, Piccolo?" Vegeta asked angrily.

"Chill...look, Thursdays Valentine's Day..."

"Yeah, so?"

"And...I wanted to tell you so you wouldn't hurt Bulma's feelings by not getting her anything."

Silence for a few moments...

"What are you playing at?" Vegeta growled.

"I think you two should make up." Piccolo said getting straight to the point.

"What the-"

"YOU know you two should." Piccolo cut him off.

More silence...

"You like her, I can tell, and she still likes you, you guys are just having problems right now." Piccolo broke the silence.

"She doesn't like me anymore..." Vegeta said in an almost mournful voice.

"She does so. What are you blind?"

"Huh?"

"Have YOU ever liked any other girl more than HER?"

"Well....I....no." Vegeta mumbled.

"Well I bet she feels the same way."

Silence...

"Your right." Vegeta's voice sounded much happier.

"Yeah I'm right, what kind of idiot are you?" Piccolo snorted.

There was a click in his ear. Piccolo hung up the phone and snorted again. 'He can be such a moron...'he thought angrily.
'Well....I guess I have a bit of shopping to do...' He got up and headed out the door.

~Bulma's Dojo~

Chi-Chi put her hand comfortingly on Bulma's shoulder. She looked at her blue-haired friend. Tears were silently running
down her and her eyes were red from crying so much.

"Chi-Chi, I don't get it, why was he being so uncaring?" Bulma sobbed.

"I don't know..." Chi-Chi answered.

"He acts like he has a bad case of hemeroids or something." Karina came into the room, a tissue box in her hands.

She handed it to Bulma ,who blew her nose noisily into one.

"And just-sob-before V-valintine's Day!" Bulma cried and fell back onto her bed whichshe and Chi-Chi where sitting on.

"I'm sorry." Chi-Chi and Karina said bowing thier heads.

'So am I...' Bulma thought 'I should have never broken up with him...' She sniffed.

~At a flower store~

The manager looked up when the bell rang, signalling another customer had come in. A spikey-haired teenager was striding inside, looking around.

"May I help you?" He asked him, pushing his glasses higher on the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah I want to buy some flowers for my girlfriend." Goku announced rubbing the back of his head.

"Well aren't you in luck! Another boy about your age just bought the second-to-last bunch of roses! But, Ihave one more left."

"Cool, I'll take it. How much?" Goku asked reaching into his pocket and pulling out his leather wallet.

"18 yen." The elderly man smiled, reavealing almost no teeth.

'Daaang.' Goku thought pulling out the cash. He handed it to the man, who took it quite fastly.

"Thank you very much, I'll be right back." The old man grinned again and went into a back room.

Goku waved idly on his feet, looking around at all the flowers in awe. The old man came out with a boquet of beautiful red roses.

"Thanks. She'll love these!" Goku said as the old dude handed them to him.

Goku walked out and flew off slowly, to make sure he didn't screw up the flowers. He landed minutes later at his home. He walked inside and gota cup of water.
He carefully placed the roses in it and grinned.

~Wendsday~

Piccolo yawned. He was sitting at the usual lunch table waiting for his friends to get thier food. He took a swing of water from the bottle he had just purchased.
Vegeta sat down next to him, and to Piccolo's great surprise he only had one tray of food. Helookednervous and didn'teven eat. He just pushed it around with his fork.
Piccolo blinked. 'Is he sick?' he wondered.

Goku sat down on the other side of Piccolo with his usual amount of trays and began to eat vigorously. Vegeta just stared at his food.
Piccolo blinked. Next Karina came and sat accross from Piccolo. She smiled sweetly at him and then glared at Vegeta. Piccolo blinked again.

Just then the sound of high-heels was aproaching and Vegeta looked sheepishly up. Bulma and Chi-Chi walked up and Bulma stopped. So did Chi-Chi. Bulma glared icily at
Vegeta before snorting "Come on Chi-Chi." And walked off to sit at another table. Chi-Chi shot a 'sorry' look to Goku and followed. Vegeta looked miseribly at his tray.
Piccolo looked at him.

"Dude, I have an idea." He announced. Vegeta looked up.

"Go order one of those singing Valentines." Piccolo suggested.

Vegeta put his chin on his hand in thought. "Alright." he finnally answered.

Goku winked at Piccolo. 'I suppose that means he got Chi-Chi one...' he glanced at Karina who was looking sadly over at Chi-Chi and Bulma. 'And I got her one.'

~

The final bell rang and the usual rush of kids filled the halls. Vegeta quickly headed over to the table and pulled out the cash and gave it to the girl.
She grinned widely handing him a piece of paper and a pencil. He looked at the lines. He quickly filled out the first
and slowly chose his words carefully for the poem. He wanted Bulma to forgive him and he put all his heart into it.

He finished a while later and gave the paper back to the chick.

"Thank you, it will be delievered tommorow."

"Ok." He shoved his hands in his pockets and walkedoutthe door. He walked all the way to his place
and when he got there he sank down on the couch sighing. He sure did hope this worked.

~The next Day~ {Valentine's Day of course}

Bulma walked sulkily through the halls. They gotten 3rd period off because the teacher was supposivly skipping school with the gym teacher.(heh heh)
She didn't see the point. 'Vegeta didn't get me anything...I just know it...I'm such an idiot for getting him a Valentine....I broke up with
him and now he won't give me one...' she thought sadly. She saw Chi-Chi and Karina talking and started heading over when this guy came up,
a paper in his hand.

"This is a Singing Valinine From Goku." The dude said to Chi-Chi.

"Dear Chi-Chi,

Your eyes remind me of quarters because they shine so.

You haaair is as black and soft as my kitty and you care about me like my mother,

And thats why I love you soooooo..." He sang and finished sweetly.

Chi-Chi laughed, blushing. "Thats just like Goku."

Then the guy turned to Karina. "I have one for you too."

He cleared his throat and then sang:

"Dear Karina,

You are the most beautiful girl I know,

Your eyeees make me want to siiiing,

And your haaair is such a nice shade of greeeen I loooove yoooou...."

"From Piccolo." He finished.

Karina looked happy and embarrased at the same time. She was blushing bright red.

Bulma knew she should be happy for her friends but, she couldn't help but feel jelous.
'After all....' She thought gloomily 'Vegeta's not giving me one...' She turned to walk away and go to the girls bathroom
to cry but a tap on her shoulder made her stop in her tracks. She turned around.

It was the singing dude.

"Your name is Bulma Briefs, am I right?" He asked.

"Why, y-yes." She stammered. 'What the heck?' she thought.

"I have a singing Valentine for you from Vegeta." Bulma went a bright shade of pink.

"Bulmaaaa, I am so sorry for being such a jerk,

your haaaair is so soft and shiney it reminds me of silk,

I want to hold you in my arms again and go back to the wayit was before,

Please, I'm begging, will you be mine...." He finished, bowed, and ran off.

Bulma stood there. She smiled, tears filling her eyes. 'He DID send me one! Andit was so sweet! I gotta find him!'
She ran off and passed her two best buds who were coming over to tell her they heard it. They looked a bit confused as she flashed past them.

She took a turn to and ran smack-dab into somebody. She fell back on her butt and felt slightly dazed as a strong hand pulled her up. She blinked and
her vision cleared. ItwasVegeta. He looked slightly sad and looked on the floor where many rose pedals were scattered. She blinked back tears.
'He got roses for me!' then she looked at his other hand which was holding a heart shaped box of chocolates.

She threw her arms around him kissing him. His eyebrows went up in surprise but he ran his fingers through her hair.
They were making quite a scene right in the middle of the hallway making out. Alot of people 'ooooooo'd' and 'aaaaawwww'd' and Bulma pulled away blushing.

"Thanks for the Valentine." she smiled at Vegeta.

He smirked and handed her the chocolates and purred "Thank YOU. And here I thought you wouldn't give me anything."

Bulma laughed and hugged him again. Piccolo had just witnessed the whole thing and was disgusted but, happy for his friend at the same time. He looked
down atthe boxof chocolates in his hand and thought 'Uh-hem, well....better get these to MY girl...heh heh."

He strided up to Karina and handed her the chocolates. She smiledand hugged him. Just then Goku walkedup, a big grin on his face and his hand behind his back.

"Oh, Chi-Chi." He said. He pulled out from behind his back the boquet of roses.

"Oh Goku! They are beautiful!" Instead of taking the roses she threw her arms around his neck and kissedhim passionately. He dropped the roses and wrapped his
arms around her. Everyone blinked. {They all look kinda like this-> O_O}

"Get a room." Piccolo snorted. The two pulled away, blushing.

"That was a sweet poem." Chi-Chiand Karina said at the same time to thier guys. The three girls giggled.

"Will you stop giggling!!!" Vegeta and Piccolo yelled in unison. They looked at each other. Everyone laughed and Goku wiped away a fake tear.

"Aw, man. I LOVE YOU GUYS!" He tackled Vegeta and Piccolo to the floor hugging them each with one arm around thier neck.
He pretended to sob and then stopped and got up laughing. The whole gang laughed asthe two gotto thier feet.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Goku shouted putting his arm around Chi-Chi.

'It sure was.' She thought as she rested her head on his shoulder.

~*~