Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Holding On ❯ 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

When they arrived at Capsule Corps. Trunks and Pan reluctantly separated from their comforting closeness in order to exit the car. Luckily for them, no one else in the car seemed to notice how close they had been sitting.

"You want to spar Trunks?" Pan asked with a smile and a hint in her eyes that meant she was craving a work out. 'Anything to be close to you Trunks. Why do you have to see me as a child?' she thought sadly, hoping her eyes didn't reflect how desperate she was to be near him.

He glanced at his watch and sighed, "I can't Pan. I ditched work to go to the mall, so I need to get to the office and finish that paperwork before my Mom finds out." 'Pan, I wish you knew how much I want to spend time with you.' He thought sadly, barely noticing how sad she looked before she covered her feelings with a fake smile.

Pan nodded her head sadly and turned to the other Trunks. "Hey Mirai Trunks, do you want to go spar?" 'I might as well get a work out. Besides, I want to know more about this Mirai Trunks.' She thought eagerly.

Mirai Trunks just shrugged his shoulders and said "sure."

The two of them went off towards the gravity room, leaving a jealous Trunks, confused Bra, hungry Goten, and Marron, who wasn't exactly sure how she felt.

Marron was slightly annoyed at the attitude Mirai Trunks held around her. He seemed completely annoyed at her existence, and ignored her whenever possible. The only things he ever said to her at the mall were insults or commands. 'Well, if you want to hate me, then I'll hate you.' She thought and turned around.

"Yeah, I need to get back to work too. I'll see you guys later!" said Marron in a bitter tone.

Marron started to walk off and Trunks followed, leaving Bra and Goten alone.

"What is it between you and the other Trunks?" asked Trunks. Although he knew the answer, he couldn't make sense about how his sweet friend could sound so angry.

Marron sighed and continued to walk. "I don't know. I think it has something to do with my mother. But if he is unwilling to be kind, then I don't see why I should be." she defended herself.

Marron walked into the elevator followed by Trunks, who turned her around. "Don't go talking like that, you aren't being yourself. I'm sure that if you are as kind to him as you are to every one else then he'll come around."

"How can I treat him kindly when he thinks that I'm the scum of the earth with out any reason. He doesn't even know me and he is unable to be at least civil around me. I am beginning to doubt that he has the ability to be kind."

"He does remind me of my father so he may in fact not have many emotions."

"Try none," sighed Marron, who left a confused Trunks alone in the elevator when she exited on her floor.

'Those two act like my mom and dad, they pretend to hate each other. This could get interesting.' Thought Trunks as he left the elevator on his floor. He said "hello" to his secretary and then he walked into his office, 'Oh great, I'm trying to imagine my friend with an alternate me?'
******************************************************************

Left alone at the car Bra and Goten just stood in silence. "Well, I should get going..." started Goten.

"Not so fast..." interrupted Bra.

Goten turned back to face her with a sweet face. "Will you please help me carry these packages inside? My two idiot brothers and friends left them here expecting me to get them."

Goten just smiled and walked behind the car to gather some bags. He walked alongside Bra into the house.

"Thanks Goten. You're so much sweeter then all of them," beamed Bra who finally unloaded the heavy packages by dropping them onto the living room floor.

Following Bra's example, Goten just let go of the bags too and watched the packages sprawl all over the floor.

"It's no problem. I don't mind helping you." he smiled.

Bra smiled back and then an idea formed in her head. Her smile faded and she sat down on the couch with a sigh.

Goten watched this unexpected change in her attitude, not liking the depressed look that flowed across her features. "Bra, What's the matter?"

Goten sat down beside her on the couch and tried to look into her eyes, but her head was down cast.

She let her head raise just enough to stare him in the eyes. "I...It's just that.... I want to learn to fly, but my dad won't teach me because he's always training, Trunks won't teach me because he's the president and always at work, Pan is a bad teacher, and I don't know the other Trunks well enough to ask him."

Nodding his head slowly Goten smiled. "Do you want me to teach you B-chan?"

He blushed when he realized that he gave her such an affectionate nickname. He had only called her that in his dreams. But she didn't seem to mind.

Bra just smiled and nodded her head, trying to contain her excitement, "Will you?" she asked hopefully, scooting to the edge of the seat and turning towards him with a huge smile.

"Sure." he smiled, and she immediately tackled him, knocking the couch over.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" she mumbled, burying her head in his neck with her arms around him.

He cautiously let his arms go around her. "When should we start?"

********************************************************** **********************

After a couple of minutes of sparring the two decided to just talk. Leaning against the wall Pan was finishing a long explanation, and M Trunks was standing, leaning against the control panel in the center of the room.

"Did you have a girlfriend? Before you came here?" asked Pan, who just finished explaining her relationship with Jeremy to a curious future Trunks.

Mirai Trunk coughed a little out of surprise; "No" Mirai Trunks shook his head. He knew the question would come up eventually, but he hated explaining his feelings to people. They never understood how he felt; he didn't even understand how he felt.

Pan cocked an eyebrow. "Really? Why? And don't you dare tell me they didn't find you attractive. Every single girl here practically drools at Trunks' feet." she said, slightly angry.

Mirai Trunks laughed. "No, it wasn't that. Girls drop at my feet too." he said slightly annoyed.

Pan looked very suspicious for a minute. "Well, you're not...um...I wouldn't judge you or anything...but...Are....you....um......" Pan stuttered not exactly sure how to ask weather he was gay.

"Whatever you're thinking, the answer is No." he said quickly.

"Oh...ok It's just that you sounded annoyed when you said that girls drop at your feet." she said shyly.

" Well, I just don't like it when girls only find me attractive. I like to think that there is more too me than strength, money, and looks"

"That can't be the only reason you don't have a girlfriend though right? I mean there had to be someone who could see past all of that."

"I just wasn't really good with relationships. I guess since I never knew my father, and my childhood was filled with fighting I just never learned how to act in a relationship. And when I came to the past my parents fought all the time, and my father didn't even seem to care about my mother."

Pan sighed and leaned back on her hands. "I don't think they hate each other, you're father just isn't good at showing his feelings."

"Yeah well, I must have gotten that from him. And girls don't really like that attitude."

Pan smiled weakly "Well, why don't you tell them how you feel, and open up to your feelings like you're doing now?"

Mirai Trunks just laughed. "I don't know. I never talked like this to anyone before...You're not going to tell anyone are you?" he asked suddenly suspicious.

Pan just shook her head. "No. Anything that you and I tell each other stays in private. Ok?"

He nodded his head and then smiled. "So...you said you and Jeremy broke up because you both had an interest in other people?"

Pan just looked down and blushed. "Yeah well, I do sort of like someone. But he sees me more as a little sister."

"Are you kidding me? I saw the way you and Trunks were flirting. I doubt he thinks of you as anything less than a wonderful person whom he happens to be in love with."

"You think? Wait, how did you know I was talking about Trunks?"

M Trunks just smiled, "I didn't, you just confirmed my suspicions." He said matter-of-factly.

Pan's eyes widened in shock and she stood up immediately worried, "You...You're not going to tell anyone are you? I've taken great lengths not even to let Bra or Marron know that I have a crush on him. He doesn't even know. If he found out...If my parents found out...."

M Trunks put his hands on her shoulders and shook her. "I'm not going to tell anyone, ok? We already agreed that this conversation was confidential."

Sighing with relief Pan hugged him. "Thank you thank you thank you, now why don't we finish sparring?" she asked, and Mirai Trunks was suddenly scared about the mischevious look in her eyes.

************************************************************ ***********************


After about 2 more hours of fighting and talking, mostly talking, Mirai Trunks went back inside to get some rest. Pan followed him to grab a bite to eat before she went home.

She walked into the kitchen and looked surprised to see no one cooking. She walked down the hall towards Bulma's lab, stopping near the door to the living room where she heard muffled voices.

"So can we make it a secret? I don't want to tell anyone."

"You mean make it a surprise? Sure."

"Thanks Goten. So you'll be here tomorrow to pick me up?"

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow Bra."

Pan walked quickly ahead and ducked into Bulma's lab. 'I wonder what that was about.' she thought with a smile. She was completely oblivious to the fact that they were talking about flying.

Pan looked around and gasped. "Uhmmmm Bulma?" she asked slowly. The entire lab was a complete mess. There were papers strewn about, as well as test tubes, computer disks, and many other objects.

"Over here Pan." Called a voice. Pan looked in the corner and saw Bulma with Marron.

"Ow. Why do I have to be you're guinea pig?" asked Marron.

"What's going on?" Pan asked.

"Oh, I just need another blood sample. I have a vaccine made for humans already, but I need one specially made for Androids and Sayians. Why don't you stay Pan, I'll need a Saiyan blood sample."

When there was no answer Bulma looked behind her and laughed. Papers were flying all over the place and the door was wide open.

"She darted out of here quickly," noted Bulma.

"I wish I thought of that," said Marron, feeling slightly dizzy when she looked down and saw the needle in her arm.

************************************************************< br> When Pan flew out of Capsule Corp grounds she went straight home, unaware about the news she was about to receive.

When she reached her house she knew something was wrong immediately. Her parents were quiet, and hadn't even asked why she was home late.

"Uhm Hi Mom, Hi dad." She said, walking into the kitchen and pouring a glass of water.

"Hello Honey, how was your day?" asked Videl quietly.

Gohan just leaned back in his seat and sighed. "Honey we need to talk."

Pan knew something was wrong for sure now. She sat down at the table across from her parents leaving the water on the counter. "What's the matter?" she asked worried.

Videl looked at Gohan quietly and began to speak, "Honey, some things happen, which we have no control over. And sometimes no matter how unfair something seems there is no escaping it. Gohan..."

"What your mother is trying to say is that no matter how much we love someone, it doesn't mean that we can keep them here forever."

Pan just sat there having absolutely no idea what her parents were talking about. "So you're saying that I can't control fate. What happened?"

Gohan looked back at his wife as if urging her to tell Pan. "Honey, last night after Jeremy dropped you off, he drove home, but he didn't make it there."

"What happened? Did he go to a friends house? If this is about him having another girlfriend or something, I told you we..."

"Uh, no not exactly honey." Said Gohan. "You see when he was driving home he was hit by a drunk driver. They rushed him to a hospital but..."

Again Pan interrupted out of worry "Is he ok? Oh my gosh, I'm going to go to the hospital to see him." She got up and got halfway out the door when her mothers hand found her shoulder.

"Pan, he's not at the hospital. He...died."

Pan didn't even bother to turn around she stopped in her tracks and held back a scream before shooting off into the sky blinded by tears.

"Gohan?" whispered Videl watching her daughter fly off.

"It's ok honey. She's going towards Capsule Corp."

*********************************************************** ******************


A/n: Ok everyone, I'm sorry it took so long. I know exactly where the story is going to go from here....hehehe..... and I know it wasn't the greatest way to tell Pan that Jeremy died, but when you think about it, how would you go about telling her? ok well stay tuned for the next chapter, and go ahead and write a review.